timefactors watches

Thread: Banned at Omegaforums forum

Apprentice

Banned at Omegaforums forum

Well, I'd been searching for info where we mentioned to see if I could answer any questions related to our products, so I registered and just said "Hi, I'm ready to answer your questions if you have any". And that's it, a ban :-(

Unbelievable!

Master
    Did you have Sarkeys IP address by any chance :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Did you have Sarkeys IP address by any chance :)
    <splutter>

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    <splutter>

Journeyman
    I got banned from there too. Someone was talking about buying watches out of state to avoid some tax or another. A moderator (cicindella) said that was 'money laundering'. I told him it wasn’t and explained what money laundering was. He had a hissy-fit and result - instant permanent ban for 'Spam'. What tosh - moderator just didn’t like being told he was wrong. Went back under a different name and saw my posts had been deleted so I repeated what I said again and immediate ban again lol. Don’t like being told the truth these Yanks, do they?

I don't think being Yanks is the issue. I think it is more likely, certain in fact, that forum moderators fit perfecty Douglas Adams' idea on politics - '... those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it'.

Master
    Who says they are yanks? At least one of the mods is British. It is a pretty international place that is actively moderated. Like most forums, sign up and argue with a mod and don’t be surprised if you get the boot. The amount of free speech allowed on here is pretty unusual.
    Last edited by Padders; 20th May 2018 at 09:48.

Journeyman
    Pardon me for daring to question an omnipotent moderator! Still doesn’t change the fact that the pathetic individual in question had to delete my posts and ban me for spam just to shut me up. Spam? I’ve never made a spam post in my life. Perhaps he didn’t know the meaning of spam either?

Banned at Omegaforums forum

I also experience the same fate. I was sharing my Speedy Tuesday anticipated delivery and becauseI didnít respond to the administratorís question, I got banned!
    Last edited by kuuttingg; 5th June 2018 at 05:05.

Journeyman
    Perhaps someone should start a forum called bannedatomegaforums.com? There'll be loads of us!
    I’ll be moderator and I’ll ban anyone who even remotely challenges my authority or questions my masculinity in any way whatsoever and they in turn can start another thread on here called 'banned from bannedatomegaforums' and so on......

No lost on my part. OF can decide who they want to include. I just happened to see this topic and felt connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I got banned from there too. Someone was talking about buying watches out of state to avoid some tax or another. A moderator (cicindella) said that was 'money laundering'. I told him it wasnít and explained what money laundering was. He had a hissy-fit and result - instant permanent ban for 'Spam'. What tosh - moderator just didnít like being told he was wrong. Went back under a different name and saw my posts had been deleted so I repeated what I said again and immediate ban again lol. Donít like being told the truth these Yanks, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Pardon me for daring to question an omnipotent moderator! Still doesnít change the fact that the pathetic individual in question had to delete my posts and ban me for spam just to shut me up. Spam? Iíve never made a spam post in my life. Perhaps he didnít know the meaning of spam either?
    You werenít banned. That was user laundering.

Quote Originally Posted by kuuttingg View Post
    I also experience the same fate. I was sharing my Speedy Tuesday anticipated delivery and becauseI didnít respond to the administratorís question, I got banned!
    I think it's more to do with the gratuitous crotch shot.