closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Added a few issued watches this month

Added a few issued watches this month

I added two issued watches this month one from WW1 and one from the beginning of the cold war both pilot watches. First up a Zenith US Army Signal Corps US Army aviation units were attached to the signal corps in WW1 the first wings was a badge with eagle holding signal flags.

What the US Army first pilot wings looked like.

Now the issued Junghans bund I think the best bang for the buck half the price of a Heuer Bund these days just glad I got my Heuer bund years ago when they were half the price they sell for today. It needs a little work like a service and the sweep hand cleaned up and repainted and numbers on the bezel touched up with black paint. And the minute repeater hand a replacement but don't look bad. These started being issued in the early 1950's wished Junghans had a serial number look up to date the movement's this is a earlier one due to no star logo on the dial.

My three Bunds now I have all three hand wind versions
    Last edited by River Rat; 23rd November 2017 at 17:16.

I really like the Junghans.
    I agree they are a bit of a bargain in comparison to other Bund watches
    Yours in much nicer shape than I have seen.
    Lots of the time bezel has the brass showing through.

Cheers

John

New WW1 era type strap for the Zenith

Is that a David Boettcher strap - that buckle looks familar?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Is that a David Boettcher strap - that buckle looks familar?
    Yes it is he makes about the best straps for trench watches think it's the third strap I got from him.

Great watches Mike. You know how much I like WW1 watches, that Zenith is really special.
    I have a circa 1914 Omega that I am restoring, missing the bezel but I am trying to make one myself.
    Lovely strap from David, I will be getting one for the Omega when finished, he truly does make the best straps for trench watches, and some of the more recent milwatches too.

Really like that Zenith. Reminds me of an Engineering Corps VC I saw in their chronograph exhibition in Geneva:

Well got both watches serviced.

Had the movement service and the sweep hand cleaned up and a little touch up paint on the bezel ring. It looks much better.

Had the movement serviced and the cracked plastic crystal replaced with a beveled glass crystal.

Superb! Well done .

Strange how these two got a lot of similarity's for two watches made 13 years apart one from around 1918 the other 1931.

Movement from the Signal Corps watch the smaller brother.

Movement from the Zenith Special the bigger brother they are both 15 jewel movements just one movement was like it was miniaturized .
    Last edited by River Rat; 3rd January 2018 at 16:36.

Really lovely RR, as always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While searching the net for info for the Junghans Bund I notice some were issued with Kiefer Expandro bracelets made in W-Germany before the wall came down.

Photo with a German Pilot with Kiefer bracelet. The issue ones with issue marks are rare and expensive for what they are so did a search for a civilian on the Bay.

Well got this one for 24 bucks was for a 20mm lug watch and the Junghans a 19mm watch. Well a hand file did the trick and shortened the ends.

Craftsman
    Forgive me but that bracelet / strap in that photo does not look like the one you state, it looks to have two pins... holes... marks below where it joins the lugs and on the segment below. Is also looks to have a hole in the centre of the first segment . It looks like material/ leather? I do not see the segments such as on the Kiefer either.

I am intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Forgive me but that bracelet / strap in that photo does not look like the one you state, it looks to have two pins... holes... marks below where it joins the lugs and on the segment below. Is also looks to have a hole in the centre of the first segment . It looks like material/ leather? I do not see the segments such as on the Kiefer either.

I am intrigued.
    Here you go grass hopper you got some learning
    http://www.vintage-time.de/index.php...BUND-Junghans/

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...-Expandro-Band

Craftsman
    Ah...even blind you see clearer than I master.

Good read thank you.

If you happen to spot another 20mm Expandro, I'd really appreciate a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    If you happen to spot another 20mm Expandro, I'd really appreciate a heads up.
    Sent you a PM