closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    It reminds me a bit of the speedy Tuesday hype, it will never be a bad buy though (if you like it of course)
    Except they produced 1000’s of them just like every other release. But still it went a bit mad!

Patek Worldtime Enamel dial? Double RRP plus plus. Who knows the drive for such things
    RIAC

So much bla. It's a nice watch (in my eyes), you either like it or you don't.

The harrods brand does nothing for me personally but the draw is still strong, especially for foreigners who still think that it is somehow quintessentially english. They could probably dress a monkey up in a green sock, put an H on it and the Japanese would still buy it.

Good luck to tudor. I've glad they've got a success on their hands. When brands hit paydirt, it's only natural that they keep digging. It's knowing when to stop that counts, and i think the bb design has alot more mileage in it yet.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

There are only 1000 mil subs in existence. Actually, 1000 made and fewer remain today

This Harrods green bezel black bay is rarer than a mil sub.

Mil subs are say 100k+ for complete examples. So by extrapolation....

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    There are only 1000 mil subs in existence. Actually, 1000 made and fewer remain today

Nobody knows how many of these will be made

Benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing
    Being able to predict the future is even more wonderful

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    The world has gone mad if someone pays £5750 let alone £11,250!

Personally I love the Tudor BB and have the blue 79220b, in my opinion the better version and possibly more sought after (time will tell). I also got this at a price that I was very happy with, under RRP.

Maybe I am not a fan of brands constantly bringing out limited additions of the same watch, Omega moonwatch springs to mind (I own a speedy btw), but I understand as a rule Tudor hasn’t done this before.

Marketing stunt, if so well done as we are talking about it?

This is just an association with a well known department store, right? - green bezel, green tipped seconds hand, green text, engraving and price thats identical to the existing BB with MT5602 movement. What did Harrods do apart from say yes and sell it in their store, hardly a partnership. Essentially it’s a green BB for Tudor to add to the other colours should they choose to produce another run.

Please educate me and tell me what makes this first 100 pieces 3-8k(ish) above RRP, rarity, uniqueness, personally I don’t think it has either and is it, or will it be, a collectors piece, I doubt that also but as I said time will always tell.

C’mon it’s just a very nice green BB and Tudor has priced this the same for a reason, it the same watch but slightly different.

Should anyone choose to pay that much over the odds then good luck to them but I am sure I can fine lots of watches within said brands Knightsbridge department store that I would rather buy in the 10k+ range than this.

In summary, I and not hating on the watch - I own one and have posted a thread saying just that - just the hype and resale values. If they are that good keep them because at £2630 you have yourself a lovely, different, BB which is owned and enjoyed by tens of thousands of other watch enthusiasts, it’s just your one is green.

PS - I bet Tudor marketing are rubbing their hands together and are currently talking to ‘ENTER BRAND HERE’ about a limited addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We live in an age where even a standard sub goes for slight above premium, look at the 5 digit subs!! Millions were produced and yet price has exploded. Take a look at the daytona, the 5711, thousands produced and yet still trading almost double retail.

100 is extremely limited. Its the same as asking why the speedy tuesday trades at almost £6K also....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    So much bla. It's a nice watch (in my eyes), you either like it or you don't.

The harrods brand does nothing for me personally but the draw is still strong, especially for foreigners who still think that it is somehow quintessentially english. They could probably dress a monkey up in a green sock, put an H on it and the Japanese would still buy it.

Good luck to tudor. I've glad they've got a success on their hands. When brands hit paydirt, it's only natural that they keep digging. It's knowing when to stop that counts, and i think the bb design has alot more mileage in it yet.
    Slightly disrespectful to the Japanese...

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    You might think so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post

Not trying to be argumentative but I doubt a week after the mil sub came out people were selling them for 5 times the value, I may be wrong. We are taking crystal balls here and if we knew we would all be putting 5k or 11k on our credit cards.

But there are more of these to be made, no number defined yet but by the sounds of things they'll keep making them whilst people are trying to buy them. It's not a limited production run, just an exclusive.

The milsub is entirely different.

Master

On the rubber B for tudor :)

Master

On the rubber B for tudor :)

I really like that kinda looks like the LV but don’t think I could get past the spade for an hour marker

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I really like that kinda looks like the LV but don’t think I could get past the spade for an hour marker
    Generation snowflake

Master
    The strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Grand Master
    You might think so.
    I think most would as the implication is uncalled for. Don’t alienate or typecast a nation. I’m British and would quite fancy a monkey in a green sock

RIAC

Craftsman
    That actually looks quite nice. I think I prefer that shade of green to a Kermit or a hulk.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

I was of course taking the p with my milsub comparison

Watches have gone bonkers in the past few years. It's quite staggering really

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    quite fancy a monkey in a green sock

Primate curious?

Grand Master
    Primate curious?
    Come round mate if you have a pair

RIAC

Come round mate if you have a pair

Matching orangutans?

Craftsman
    Went to the corner shop today & added my name to the list. Harrods claim to be trying to get the numbers of the eBay watches to blacklist the customers (surely not)

They had 2 watches in awaiting collection from overseas😂

Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Went to the corner shop today & added my name to the list. Harrods claim to be trying to get the numbers of the eBay watches to blacklist the customers (surely not)

They had 2 watches in awaiting collection from overseas
    Because they can guarantee the person selling on eBay is the same person that originally bought it from Harrods? They be numpties in green polyester waistcoats.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Because they can guarantee the person selling on eBay is the same person that originally bought it from Harrods? They be numpties in green polyester waistcoats.
    No but they can guarantee the person they sold it to sold it on. Sounds a little like what they do sell things!!
    Probably means they dont care if the truth be known

No but they can guarantee the person they sold it to sold it on. Sounds a little like what they do sell things!!
    Probably means they dont care if the truth be known
    Indeed! Probably just trying to make it seem like they're doing something about the flippers, but flippers are increasing the hype and interest around this model through their inflated pricing, so it's only good news for Harrods anyway.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Indeed! Probably just trying to make it seem like they're doing something about the flippers, but flippers are increasing the hype and interest around this model through their inflated pricing, so it's only good news for Harrods anyway.
    Not sure Harrods need too much help these days. Been a good 7 years for them in a harsh retail environment

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog...rk-first-time/

RIAC

Craftsman
    Not sure Harrods need too much help these days. Been a good 7 years for them in a harsh retail environment

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog...rk-first-time/

Have to agree with this. Very busy yesterday even at 8pm. The biggest queue we saw was for tax refunds though.

Master
    Seems like great marketing for both Tudor and the corner shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Anyone know when the steel face BB will be available, i like that better and I can hopefully pick it up for a little over 2k.

Master
    Anyone know when the steel face BB will be available, i like that better and I can hopefully pick it up for a little over 2k.

Steel face BB Fred?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Steel face BB Fred?
    Yes mate

Master
    Yes mate

Are you referring to the one with the steel bezel? If so that's been out for a while.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Are you referring to the one with the steel bezel? If so that's been out for a while.
    Cheers Ben. And that one comes with a lovely green cloth strap, good enough for me. No where can I get one on the cheap?!

Craftsman
    Well the owner of the £5250 one on eBay has removed it & his account is now blocked not sure why thought
    Last edited by Coronet king; 3rd January 2018 at 20:43.

They had 2 watches in awaiting collection from overseas
    i got contacted by them yesterday to ask if i still had mine as they'd heard it was the number i choose, i confirmed i still had it and gave them my eBay id so it does look like they are trying to track them down

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    i got contacted by them yesterday to ask if i still had mine as they'd heard it was the number i choose, i confirmed i still had it and gave them my eBay id so it does look like they are trying to track them down
    Wow!!! they are taking this well seriously! haha

Wow so you never actually own a Harrods green black bay.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, if a buyer gets one of these and decides to offer it for sale at, shall we say £5,000,000, exactly WTF business is that of Harrods who have been paid in full and no longer have ANY ownership rights over the watch?
    Last edited by KavKav; 3rd January 2018 at 12:51.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Honestly, if a buyer gets one of these and decides to offer it for sale at, shall we say £5,000,000, exactly WTF business is that of Harrods who have been paid in full and no longer have ANY ownership rights over the watch?
    True, but then it seems alot of retailers take this approach also. They just don't like flippers.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Spot on. To be honest they don’t care and regardless of who buys one they might have given it away as a gift and the receiver doesn’t want it!

It always makes me laugh as if you lost £8k on a purchase they wouldn’t ask who you sold it to but as soon as you might win they get all protective.

RIAC

Craftsman
    Come on own up who owns no13.😂

Grand Master

Harrods green black bay

Patek are the ones who get most upset about their 175th pieces but they just politely don’t call you if they get another but will always take your money

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    I'd find that pretty rude being contacted like that, and a misuse of the personal data they hold about me. It's absolutely none of their business what you do with your property.

Yeah, what if I managed to get one and then decided to flip it 10 years later? Would the ‘arrods heavy mob suddenly turn up on my doorstep, demand ‘their’ watch back and throw me in the slammer??

Journeyman
    Nice. I like it. Tudor Basil Bay

Craftsman
    Seriously?!
    £8000.00 on eBay (han_so1o) Sorry gave up trying to get link to work.
    Last edited by ajpac; 10th January 2018 at 21:58.

Craftsman
    I wonder whether green bezel will be a swap option during service. I wouldn't mind having a green bezel on my BB steel.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    I wonder whether green bezel will be a swap option during service. I wouldn't mind having a green bezel on my BB steel.

Please don’t.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Seriously?!
    £8000.00 on eBay (han_so1o) Sorry gave up trying to get link to work.
    I hope no one buys it for that. Ridiculous price

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Please don’t.
    ??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    Do you seriously think that's a possibility? If so, read more about Rolex.