closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1346

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Am I right in seeing people selling places on the list on ebay? If the cheapest one on Ebay has sold for £3500 i am buying one to sell
    I think you may have misjudged your audience...

Am I right in seeing people selling places on the list on ebay? If the cheapest one on Ebay has sold for £3500 i am buying one to sell
    What a true enthusiast......

Journeyman
    I am not sure why people taking the mick. I am simply saying if you can buy at £2760 and sell for £3500 + or keep 12 months and not lose anything that's a great buy. Although I find it hard to believe people paying £4k etc etc theres a whole list of them sold from £3500 to £5000.

Craftsman
    I am not sure why people taking the mick. I am simply saying if you can buy at £2760 and sell for £3500 + or keep 12 months and not lose anything that's a great buy. Although I find it hard to believe people paying £4k etc etc theres a whole list of them sold from £3500 to £5000.

Buy one , try to sell it on eBay then come back and tell us how much you’ve made or not .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    finewatchroom@harrods.com is the one I used.
    Same as me.

Master
    Haha between this and the this is the 50th post thread you’ll be very welcome here 😃

This thread reminded me that I’d not worn mine for ages! Love it, and this beauty is not going anywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m only a relatively new member and I I’m not speaking for anyone else here but I think that the point you’re missing (if you look at some of the posts not started by you) is that the forum seems to cultivate a spirit of fair buying and selling, rather than profiteering. Your posts have focused on trying to buy stuff as cheaply as possible, trying to get access to lower prices from forum members on SC and trying to sell for as much as possible. In principle there’s nothing wrong with trying to make a profit but it will rub a few people up the wrong way when they are consciously selling at a lower price than they might get elsewhere, and you’re publicly speaking about turning a profit and selling over MSRP.

Not looking to start anything heated, just explaining...

Journeyman
    I had my name down for one of these re emailed I can go and get one if I want within 7 days. The mrs has put a end to it though

Master
    I had my name down for one of these re emailed I can go and get one if I want within 7 days. The mrs has put a end to it though
    Your last post ‘I had my name down for one of these’ is like you haven’t posted here before, yet the two above it posted earlier show you have. Very odd fella. New identity I’m guessing.

Wow you sound under the thumb.
    I wouldn’t allow my “mrs” to put an end to a purchase I had decided to make.

Journeyman
    To me £2840 is a big amount of money coupled in with travelling to London etc and a possible stay over etc. Before covid no issues buying. I had my name down 18 months ago and got offered the watch in March. I declined it.

To me £2840 is a big amount of money coupled in with travelling to London etc and a possible stay over etc. Before covid no issues buying. I had my name down 18 months ago and got offered the watch in March. I declined it.
    This is when paying a 'reasonable' premium comes in. Add up the cost of the Watch, return train tickets, a night in a hotel, tube fares and other expenses like eating etc and that that becomes the price that you are willing to pay for the watch delivered to your door.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    This is when paying a 'reasonable' premium comes in. Add up the cost of the Watch, return train tickets, a night in a hotel, tube fares and other expenses like eating etc and that that becomes the price that you are willing to pay for the watch delivered to your door.
    A day of culture for you you Northern savage.

Picking one of these up on collection day really isn't much of a challenge.

I went down from Cheshire on the West Coast mainline from Wilmslow at a civilised 10am, took 2 hours, 6 stops on the tube from Euston, 20 minutes in Harrods then reversed my steps and back home mid afternoon.

Didn't keep the watch long mind you, far too bulky to be practical imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    A day of culture for you you Northern savage.
    Last time I left the tranquility of the Wirral was to deliver that 5512 thing to some bloke in Bradford

After almost 2 years I get my Harrods tomorrow.

1) Go on the list by phoning Harrods just after Christmas 2018
    2) Checked on the list in August 2019 to find out they had no record of me
    3) Back on the list in August 2019
    4) Call from Harrods the watch is available for me in March 2020
    5) Lockdown put pay to collecting that!
    6) Harrods reopens in July(?)
    7) Friend collects on my behalf and hold the watch for me
    8) Friend coming oop Norf tomorrow to deliver the watch! (small bottle of Penhaligons as a thank you)

Now I just need to get it sized and start wearing it :)

Master
    Long journey indeed! Enjoy it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    After almost 2 years I get my Harrods tomorrow.

1) Go on the list by phoning Harrods just after Christmas 2018
    2) Checked on the list in August 2019 to find out they had no record of me
    3) Back on the list in August 2019
    4) Call from Harrods the watch is available for me in March 2020
    5) Lockdown put pay to collecting that!
    6) Harrods reopens in July(?)
    7) Friend collects on my behalf and hold the watch for me
    8) Friend coming oop Norf tomorrow to deliver the watch! (small bottle of Penhaligons as a thank you)

Now I just need to get it sized and start wearing it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Long journey indeed! Enjoy it :-)
    Or I might just flip it ;)

Not really, it's going to sit next to my Kermit. It only cost £400 less than the Kermit strangely and too much much longer to acquire, no waiting lists at AD's back in those days!

Quote Originally Posted by Seal-Dweller View Post

This thread reminded me that I’d not worn mine for ages! Love it, and this beauty is not going anywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ohh that is so nice can't wait to get mine hopefully in 2021 !!

Master
    finewatchroom@harrods.com is the one I used.
    Thanks for this, my email has finally been sent after 2 years of pondering.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Thanks for this, my email has finally been sent after 2 years of pondering.
    Have they given you a timescale as to when you could expect it?

Master
    Literally just sent it, awaiting receipt and response. Keeping my fingers crossed.

They sent me this on 22nd Oct 2020

We are happy to confirm that your name is on the waiting list for the Harrods Edition Tudor Black Bay timepiece.

The current waiting time is 8-12 months, subject to quantity of deliveries from the brand. Please note that placing your name on the list is not a guarantee of fulfilment, but rather acknowledgement of your interest. The department will be in contact as soon as one is available for you to purchase.

The current price is £2,840.00 however, this may change should the brand have any price increases or decreases.

Kind Regards,
    Fine Watch Room Enquiries
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 13th January 2021 at 13:39.

Master
    My reply was very similar.

Thank you for your email to Fine Watch Room enquiries.

We are delighted that you are interested in the special, Harrods exclusive Tudor Black Bay.

As the timepiece is not available for immediate purchase, we currently operate a waiting list that we would be more than happy to place you on. All we would need is a full name, contact number and email address.

Placing your name on the list is not a guarantee of fulfilment, but rather acknowledgement of your interest. The department will be in contact as soon as one is available for you to purchase. We currently have an approximate 8-12 month wait, subject to quantity of delivery by the brand.

We additionally do not dispatch this piece out of the store, pieces must be collected and paid for in person.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need any further elements clarified and please let us know if you would like your name to be added to the list.

Kind Regards,
    Fine Watch Room Enquiries

I don't think that one on SC ever sold, I spotted it on eBay the other day - if anyone doesn't want to wait.

Journeyman
    Has anyone else had a email from Harrods saying they have a watch available on a click and collect bases ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    Has anyone else had a email from Harrods saying they have a watch available on a click and collect bases ?
    No, not me and I'm on the list.

Journeyman
    Received an email this morning

If the store was open I would 100% being going to collect it but I'm a bit cautious with paying for good before collecting as they have asked for payment in full prior to collection

If the store was open I would 100% being going to collect it but I'm a bit cautious with paying for good before collecting as they have asked for payment in full prior to collection
    I wouldn't worry about it. I have collected a couple of watches via click and collect in the last few months without issues. Just pay using a credit card for some protection.

Master

If you don't want to collect, I'm sure one of us will take it off your hands fairly quickly.

Journeyman
    They have given me 2 options

Pay now via a link they send me then come collect

Pay a deposit which isn't really a deposit as they want the full amount then collect once the store is open

I will give the store a call as I'm not very trusting with anything via email

Master

Pay a deposit which isn't really a deposit as they want the full amount then collect once the store is open

Standard procedure these days, I wouldn't worry if you want the watch...

Master

I'd just pay with a credit card and collect when you can.

It's Harrods you're dealing with, I wouldn't worry about them doing you over with a naff watch

Congrats on getting one, it's a really nice watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    It's Harrods you're dealing with, I wouldn't worry about them doing you over with a naff watch

Congrats on getting one, it's a really nice watch.
    THIS!

Journeyman
    i had my name down for one of these and declined it during lock down i have just had a email from them asking if i want one to call up they have them in stock. i presume these have died offf now. I wanted one then realised everybody has one! the used prices seem very high though not sure why this would be.

Journeyman
    i had my name down for one of these and declined it during lock down i have just had a email from them asking if i want one to call up they have them in stock. i presume these have died offf now. I wanted one then realised everybody has one! the used prices seem very high though not sure why this would be.
    Everybody has one? How many have you seen worn in the wild? I haven’t seen any.

Master
    So how long were you waiting before the email? I'm sure you can still sell these for a few quid extra or do a favour to a TZer.
    I'm on the list too and waiting for my call/mail

Reject it and I'll get mine quicker.

Journeyman
    I originally put my name down 18 months ago. I found out it wasn't a limited edition and decided I didn't want it. I have had 2 emails and a call offering me one off the same girl. I would probably be tempted as I could keep for 12 months and flip and get my money back however travel is banned so not sure how I can travel from Merseyside to London. I can PM the contacts name if you wish?

I originally put my name down 18 months ago. I found out it wasn't a limited edition and decided I didn't want it. I have had 2 emails and a call offering me one off the same girl. I would probably be tempted as I could keep for 12 months and flip and get my money back however travel is banned so not sure how I can travel from Merseyside to London. I can PM the contacts name if you wish?
    Struggling to follow your story to be honest. On this single page of the thread you have:

1. Initially been baffled these sell over retail on the secondary market so announced you were "buying one to sell" for a quick profit.
    2. Then within 24 hours it turns out you had an offer for one but declined because "the mrs has put a end to it."
    3. Now apparently you don't want one anyway as you "found out it wasn't a limited edition." Seems odd to wait for 18 months on a list without knowing what you were waiting for.
    Last edited by M1011; 18th March 2021 at 00:26.

Journeyman
    the definition of a rollercoaster ride!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Out of interest, do we know how many they've so!d. to date? Still ticking along nicely for Harrods I guess?

Craftsman
    A friend of mine was on list for this for just over a year - 2 weeks ago got an email saying they were in-stock. Obviously he couldn't get down to London to collect - Harrods had it couriered to him here in Scotland using DPD. They did rove tags and stickers I believe before shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    From what I’ve picked up on the last couple of pages, I assume these are collect only and Harrods wouldn’t post them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    From what I’ve picked up on the last couple of pages, I assume these are collect only and Harrods wouldn’t post them?
    Correct

Craftsman
    Ok thanks.

Won’t waste my time then!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    I'd suggest you read the post directly above yours.

Craftsman
    Flip, I missed that 1! Thanks for the heads up.