Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    What constitutes ‘limited’ these days?
    Probably 10,000

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    Probably 10,000
    Agree 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    When I was in there they insisted that they would be limited. But I guess who knows!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    limited to what exactly. it isnít a limited edition watch, just a special edition - so no limit while they still make the current model BB.

As itís only sold in Harrods there is still a huge demand for the watch at present. Itís an excellent watch, so Iím glad more people have got to try it.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    They will stop making it when the black bay 58 harrods special edition is released late next year just after the release of the 58 GMT. 🤞🤞🤞

Journeyman
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/tudor/CH080319/1

Sold at way over the estimate. Wow

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/tudor/CH080319/1

Sold at way over the estimate. Wow
    Any idea why it made so much? You can easily find them for way less.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    Agreed. Seems very strange.

Just usual auction daftness. Phillips hyped it as impossible to buy lol and yet thereís over 40 for sale on chrono24 from £3k

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Agreed. Seems very strange.
    Exactly what Iím trying to figure out.... wouldíve also been nice to know how many bids were there from the £3.5k range to the £9k it got sold at. Is this piece in such demand out of the UK?!

Harrods green black bay

Exactly what Iím trying to figure out.... wouldíve also been nice to know how many bids were there from the £3.5k range to the £9k it got sold at. Is this piece in such demand out of the UK?!
    Nope. Itís just weird Phillips auction stuff. Happens all the time. Buyer probably had too many free champagnes and couldnít afford anything else coming up or forgot about the 25% commission

Itís not hard too find or buy...

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/in...goal_suggest=1
    Last edited by 964RS; 9th November 2019 at 23:44.

Journeyman
    Had the call on Saturday, after being on the list since April/May. Picked up no 300xx this lunch time. Dealt with a nice chap, who took off the stickers and sized up the bracelet for me. No choice of numbers...mine came from under the counter in a box with my name on it - no idea how many more were just sitting there waiting to be collected.

Demand is still strong for them but he did say he hoped that Tudor would eventually stop making them so they were more collectable :)

Quote Originally Posted by esulp View Post
    Had the call on Saturday, after being on the list since April/May. Picked up no 300xx this lunch time. Dealt with a nice chap, who took off the stickers and sized up the bracelet for me. No choice of numbers...mine came from under the counter in a box with my name on it - no idea how many more were just sitting there waiting to be collected.

Demand is still strong for them but he did say he hoped that Tudor would eventually stop making them so they were more collectable :)
    Hi do you mind sharing the RRP? Did these also go up in the Tudor price rise? Never bothered joining the queue due to the games but if they really do honour the list I wouldn't mind going down for one. Thank you.

Journeyman
    Sure, it's also had a price rise. It is now 2800 GBP.

Just to be clear, I never once followed up after putting my name onto the list. I half expected never to get a call, and I would have been fine with that (this makes my 4th watch purchase this year after not buying anything at all for three years).

I have a WTB for one these it's amazing what wonderful offers I have been getting. Some over 4k!!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by esulp View Post
    Sure, it's also had a price rise. It is now 2800 GBP.

Just to be clear, I never once followed up after putting my name onto the list. I half expected never to get a call, and I would have been fine with that (this makes my 4th watch purchase this year after not buying anything at all for three years).
    Thank you, just called and put myself down. They said 6-8 months but they are honouring the lists. This seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I have a WTB for one these it's amazing what wonderful offers I have been getting. Some over 4k!!!
    Haha you would think people here know how to use eBay and what Chrono24 is. There is one for £3,325 from a private seller which is reserved and one from a dealer in London for £3,495 with a suggest a price option.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Neil (Chronomaster) has one just reduced from £3,850 to £3,450. It is an unworn '18 model with a lowish serial number, 200ish from memory. He is selling for a customer (not me) there might be a bit more wiggle room on that price based on my previous dealing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thank you, just called and put myself down. They said 6-8 months but they are honouring the lists. This seems fine.

Haha you would think people here know how to use eBay and what Chrono24 is. There is one for £3,325 from a private seller which is reserved and one from a dealer in London for £3,495 with a suggest a price option.
    Do you know the best contact number to put your name on the list? I may be up that way near Christmas so could do it then if not. Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Do you know the best contact number to put your name on the list? I may be up that way near Christmas so could do it then if not. Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I called the main line on 020 7730 1234 and asked to be put through to Fine Watches and they asked which brand and put me through. They said 6-8 months so Christmas is doubtful.

eBay has a couple of ended auctions with £3,061 and £3,100.

Journeyman
    I popped in on Friday on the way to see a friend to inquire as to when I would receive mine (went on the list Sep 2018). It turns out they had already tried to get hold of me and so sold me one they had in stock. It was rather unexpected and not the best timing, as I'd just picked up a 42mm PO 2500D, so now I have a decision to make! It is a lovely watch though.

Master
    Prob a 6 months wait at best. My colleague got one in about that time. He paid just over £2600 which was the asking price then. that Chronomaster one is nice if you need one right now but really over £7k??? Still the auction house would be happy. You could put your name down, wait for the call, fly into London, have a nice dinner/stay over and maybe still have change (well I would).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Prob a 6 months wait at best. My colleague got one in about that time. He paid just over £2600 which was the asking price then. that Chronomaster one is nice if you need one right now but really over £7k??? Still the auction house would be happy. You could put your name down, wait for the call, fly into London, have a nice dinner/stay over and maybe still have change (well I would).
    Retail is now £2.8k. Hopefully theyíll stop at 4000/5000 units.

I was teetering on putting my name down for this, but I've changed my mind after trying on a Black Bay on Saturday (when picking up my Explorer II polar) - too thick for me (at 15mm). The Explorer 2 at 12mm (along with its weight) is about my limit for comfort. I wonder how many move the BB on due to the size and weight... Lovely looking watch the Harrods BB though, no doubt about it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    I was in last Tuesday, the sales chap at that time said 6-8 months when I enquired, however went on to say often sooner as many out their name down just out of principle when they are visiting harrods and never intend to actually purchase

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I was teetering on putting my name down for this, but I've changed my mind after trying on a Black Bay on Saturday (when picking up my Explorer II polar) - too thick for me (at 15mm). The Explorer 2 at 12mm (along with its weight) is about my limit for comfort. I wonder how many move the BB on due to the size and weight... Lovely looking watch the Harrods BB though, no doubt about it.
    Iíve recently got an expII but donít mind the size of the tudors. I no longer have my Harrods but have my GMT and enjoy swapping between them. Saying that I do have panerai so am used to chunky watches

I've been waiting since January :(

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    Call them to follow up! They might offer you one.

Journeyman
    Definitely call or go and see them. In my case I'd been waiting since Sept 2018 until last week. When I turned up in person they sold me one there and then.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Definitely call or go and see them. In my case I'd been waiting since Sept 2018 until last week. When I turned up in person they sold me one there and then.
    Did they attempt to verify whether you were on the waiting list? Otherwise people would just walk in and say theyíve been waiting...

Journeyman
    Did they attempt to verify whether you were on the waiting list? Otherwise people would just walk in and say theyíve been waiting...
    Yes, the gentleman took my details and phoned someone who then told him they had already attempted to contact me. I am not sure if the decision to let me have one in stock came from the other end of the phone or the gentleman serving me. I did not hassle them to let me have one there and then, they made the offer.