Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    What constitutes ‘limited’ these days?
    Probably 10,000

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    Probably 10,000
    Agree 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    When I was in there they insisted that they would be limited. But I guess who knows!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    limited to what exactly. it isn’t a limited edition watch, just a special edition - so no limit while they still make the current model BB.

As it’s only sold in Harrods there is still a huge demand for the watch at present. It’s an excellent watch, so I’m glad more people have got to try it.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    They will stop making it when the black bay 58 harrods special edition is released late next year just after the release of the 58 GMT. 🤞🤞🤞

Craftsman
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/tudor/CH080319/1

Sold at way over the estimate. Wow

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/tudor/CH080319/1

Sold at way over the estimate. Wow
    Any idea why it made so much? You can easily find them for way less.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    Agreed. Seems very strange.

Just usual auction daftness. Phillips hyped it as impossible to buy lol and yet there’s over 40 for sale on chrono24 from £3k

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Agreed. Seems very strange.
    Exactly what I’m trying to figure out.... would’ve also been nice to know how many bids were there from the £3.5k range to the £9k it got sold at. Is this piece in such demand out of the UK?!

Harrods green black bay

Exactly what I’m trying to figure out.... would’ve also been nice to know how many bids were there from the £3.5k range to the £9k it got sold at. Is this piece in such demand out of the UK?!
    Nope. It’s just weird Phillips auction stuff. Happens all the time. Buyer probably had too many free champagnes and couldn’t afford anything else coming up or forgot about the 25% commission

It’s not hard too find or buy...

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/in...goal_suggest=1
    Last edited by 964RS; 9th November 2019 at 23:44.

Journeyman
    Had the call on Saturday, after being on the list since April/May. Picked up no 300xx this lunch time. Dealt with a nice chap, who took off the stickers and sized up the bracelet for me. No choice of numbers...mine came from under the counter in a box with my name on it - no idea how many more were just sitting there waiting to be collected.

Demand is still strong for them but he did say he hoped that Tudor would eventually stop making them so they were more collectable :)

Quote Originally Posted by esulp View Post
    Had the call on Saturday, after being on the list since April/May. Picked up no 300xx this lunch time. Dealt with a nice chap, who took off the stickers and sized up the bracelet for me. No choice of numbers...mine came from under the counter in a box with my name on it - no idea how many more were just sitting there waiting to be collected.

Demand is still strong for them but he did say he hoped that Tudor would eventually stop making them so they were more collectable :)
    Hi do you mind sharing the RRP? Did these also go up in the Tudor price rise? Never bothered joining the queue due to the games but if they really do honour the list I wouldn't mind going down for one. Thank you.

Journeyman
    Sure, it's also had a price rise. It is now 2800 GBP.

Just to be clear, I never once followed up after putting my name onto the list. I half expected never to get a call, and I would have been fine with that (this makes my 4th watch purchase this year after not buying anything at all for three years).

I have a WTB for one these it's amazing what wonderful offers I have been getting. Some over 4k!!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by esulp View Post
    Sure, it's also had a price rise. It is now 2800 GBP.

Just to be clear, I never once followed up after putting my name onto the list. I half expected never to get a call, and I would have been fine with that (this makes my 4th watch purchase this year after not buying anything at all for three years).
    Thank you, just called and put myself down. They said 6-8 months but they are honouring the lists. This seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I have a WTB for one these it's amazing what wonderful offers I have been getting. Some over 4k!!!
    Haha you would think people here know how to use eBay and what Chrono24 is. There is one for £3,325 from a private seller which is reserved and one from a dealer in London for £3,495 with a suggest a price option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Neil (Chronomaster) has one just reduced from £3,850 to £3,450. It is an unworn '18 model with a lowish serial number, 200ish from memory. He is selling for a customer (not me) there might be a bit more wiggle room on that price based on my previous dealing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thank you, just called and put myself down. They said 6-8 months but they are honouring the lists. This seems fine.

Haha you would think people here know how to use eBay and what Chrono24 is. There is one for £3,325 from a private seller which is reserved and one from a dealer in London for £3,495 with a suggest a price option.
    Do you know the best contact number to put your name on the list? I may be up that way near Christmas so could do it then if not. Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Do you know the best contact number to put your name on the list? I may be up that way near Christmas so could do it then if not. Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I called the main line on 020 7730 1234 and asked to be put through to Fine Watches and they asked which brand and put me through. They said 6-8 months so Christmas is doubtful.

eBay has a couple of ended auctions with £3,061 and £3,100.

Craftsman
    I popped in on Friday on the way to see a friend to inquire as to when I would receive mine (went on the list Sep 2018). It turns out they had already tried to get hold of me and so sold me one they had in stock. It was rather unexpected and not the best timing, as I'd just picked up a 42mm PO 2500D, so now I have a decision to make! It is a lovely watch though.

Master
    Prob a 6 months wait at best. My colleague got one in about that time. He paid just over £2600 which was the asking price then. that Chronomaster one is nice if you need one right now but really over £7k??? Still the auction house would be happy. You could put your name down, wait for the call, fly into London, have a nice dinner/stay over and maybe still have change (well I would).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Prob a 6 months wait at best. My colleague got one in about that time. He paid just over £2600 which was the asking price then. that Chronomaster one is nice if you need one right now but really over £7k??? Still the auction house would be happy. You could put your name down, wait for the call, fly into London, have a nice dinner/stay over and maybe still have change (well I would).
    Retail is now £2.8k. Hopefully they’ll stop at 4000/5000 units.

I was teetering on putting my name down for this, but I've changed my mind after trying on a Black Bay on Saturday (when picking up my Explorer II polar) - too thick for me (at 15mm). The Explorer 2 at 12mm (along with its weight) is about my limit for comfort. I wonder how many move the BB on due to the size and weight... Lovely looking watch the Harrods BB though, no doubt about it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    I was in last Tuesday, the sales chap at that time said 6-8 months when I enquired, however went on to say often sooner as many out their name down just out of principle when they are visiting harrods and never intend to actually purchase

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I was teetering on putting my name down for this, but I've changed my mind after trying on a Black Bay on Saturday (when picking up my Explorer II polar) - too thick for me (at 15mm). The Explorer 2 at 12mm (along with its weight) is about my limit for comfort. I wonder how many move the BB on due to the size and weight... Lovely looking watch the Harrods BB though, no doubt about it.
    I’ve recently got an expII but don’t mind the size of the tudors. I no longer have my Harrods but have my GMT and enjoy swapping between them. Saying that I do have panerai so am used to chunky watches

I've been waiting since January :(

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    Call them to follow up! They might offer you one.

Craftsman
    Definitely call or go and see them. In my case I'd been waiting since Sept 2018 until last week. When I turned up in person they sold me one there and then.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Definitely call or go and see them. In my case I'd been waiting since Sept 2018 until last week. When I turned up in person they sold me one there and then.
    Did they attempt to verify whether you were on the waiting list? Otherwise people would just walk in and say they’ve been waiting...

Craftsman
    Did they attempt to verify whether you were on the waiting list? Otherwise people would just walk in and say they’ve been waiting...
    Yes, the gentleman took my details and phoned someone who then told him they had already attempted to contact me. I am not sure if the decision to let me have one in stock came from the other end of the phone or the gentleman serving me. I did not hassle them to let me have one there and then, they made the offer.

Apprentice
    What number are people getting now?

Still happy I’m inside the #1600

Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    What number are people getting now?

Still happy I’m inside the #1600
    They seem to have shot up in price recently?

I noticed the same....

Been waiting since last October

in the shop or second hand? If the latter....the mind boggles

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    in the shop or second hand? If the latter....the mind boggles
    Used prices, presumably because Tudor/Harrods having been shut for some months.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Been waiting since last October
    Amazing, just had an email to say they have one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Amazing, just had an email to say they have one for me.
    You have all the Tudor luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You have all the Tudor luck!
    I need to work on the Rolex luck though

I was offored one on the weekend of lockdown after almost 1 year wait due to a screw up on the list, couldn't pick it up so straight to the back of the queue again :(

My friend is coming over from Australia at some point and wants to buy one of these. Unfortunately I couldn’t collect for him anyway as I’m nowhere near London. He asked if someone could collect it and post it to me for when he comes over but ...... his name hasn’t come up on the list yet

Interesting read. My name is down on the list since November, tempted to call up and check all is OK.

Honestly not sure what to do though if my name does get to the top of the list soon. I paid in full for a BB58 Navy on the day of the release and am still waiting (anticipated Sept/Oct), bit of a joke but I do really like that watch. I suspect it'll be a better fit than the Harrods edition for me. But I do love that Harrods connection, it's an incredible shop and who knows how much longer they'll be around for. I can't see myself having room for two Tudor Black Bay divers (plus funds are a bit tight for that)... hmm decisions!!
    Last edited by M1011; 6th August 2020 at 22:33.

Didn't someone on the forum order a green Harrods and collect it, only a few weeks later to mistakenly receive a second notification email saying his new Harrods was ready to be collected, again he popped into Harrods collected someone else's watch and offered it to the forum for a profit, obviously it's a few years ago now so perhaps my memory is a bit vague.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Didn't someone on the forum order a green Harrods and collect it, only a few weeks later to mistakenly receive a second notification email saying his new Harrods was ready to be collected, again he popped into Harrods collected someone else's watch and offered it to the forum for a profit, obviously it's a few years ago now so perhaps my memory is a bit vague.
    That chap has gonads of steel lol, imagine walking in and it's the same person serving you

Although to be honest it's a bit of a lame move, depriving the other person of their chance to buy one to make a quick buck. I think the same when folk buy Rolex/Patek/AP at RRP then immediately sell. Not judging though, I can understand the allure of easy money.

Journeyman
    Just collected mine, we are up to #45xx now, I was on the waiting list for about a year.

Never thought I'd get a call but they are selling a lot of these.

Lovely watch, I had previously wanted a kermit or hulk but they have become too valuable for me to wear freely in London so this was the next best thing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorG View Post
    Just collected mine, we are up to #45xx now, I was on the waiting list for about a year.

Lovely watch, I had previously wanted a kermit or hulk but they have become too valuable for me to wear freely in London so this was the next best thing.
    I'm not sure it is definitely worse than either of those two. What I like most about it is the way the green changes colour in various lights, much like my BB GMT. It can be almost olive in some light and pistachio in others.

Journeyman
    Congratulations! They are beautiful watches. More elegant I think than the Hulk, for what it's worth. Do post some pictures to show yours off. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Congratulations! They are beautiful watches. More elegant I think than the Hulk, for what it's worth. Do post some pictures to show yours off. ;-)
    Agreed, I much prefer mine to the Hulk, and it makes a nice change from my early LV’s and without as much worry.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Lovely watch, I had previously wanted a kermit or hulk but they have become too valuable for me to wear freely in London so this was the next best thing.[/QUOTE]

They do look great watches, but it is still a £3k watch, so not sure how much safer you will be with that on, especially as it does look a bit rolex like as well.

Enjoy it is a great watch in itself.

Awesome dude. How are you finding it?

I went on the list last Nov so starting to itch for it, spoke to them and they said I'm coming up shortly... fingers crossed.

Are these in store only?
    I just had a quick look on the webpage and couldn't see it.

Can't see me traveling to the big smoke any time soon...

Thanks,
    Adam.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk