closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

I put my name on the list in November also and have not received a call. That is lucky as I picked up a new Air King instead. Not the same but what can you do.

I’ve not had a chance to read the entire thread, so sorry if this has already been covered, but got speaking to someone at Harrods recently who informed me that the watches are not being given out in numbered order, but randomly. E.g. one person could get number 213 one week, 432 the next, 311 the week after that.

Goodness knows why you would do that, not sure what it achieves, but that’s what I heard.

Anyone know why they would employ such a tactic?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    I’ve not had a chance to read the entire thread, so sorry if this has already been covered, but got speaking to someone at Harrods recently who informed me that the watches are not being given out in numbered order, but randomly. E.g. one person could get number 213 one week, 432 the next, 311 the week after that.

Goodness knows why you would do that, not sure what it achieves, but that’s what I heard.

Anyone know why they would employ such a tactic?
    Not sure why, Maybe doing it in chronological order is boring? Maybe they have a random list of numbers already delivered and sold?

What I do know is that when Omega made the 50th Anniversary Bond version seamaster back in 2012 they did the same thing/tactic as I picked mine up at Goldsmiths at the time and randomly saw someone else there picking up theirs.

Upon speaking to the person that brought the same limited edition 007 and staff mentioning we were the earliest people to buy, Our numbers were entirely random.

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Not sure why, Maybe doing it in chronological order is boring? Maybe they have a random list of numbers already delivered and sold?

What I do know is that when Omega made the 50th Anniversary Bond version seamaster back in 2012 they did the same thing/tactic as I picked mine up at Goldsmiths at the time and randomly saw someone else there picking up theirs.

Upon speaking to the person that brought the same limited edition 007 and staff mentioning we were the earliest people to buy, Our numbers were entirely random.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Still don’t get it!

It is true, completely random numbers but I've been told they've not received numbers above 399. This was in April.

I got mine pretty close to the waiting list number. Well they did try to get me the lowest number.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    It is true, completely random numbers but I've been told they've not received numbers above 399. This was in April.

I got mine pretty close to the waiting list number. Well they did try to get me the lowest number.
    So what number is yours? 30X? Under 150?

close to 160

Yes, the random number theory is true. I collected mine at the same time someone was getting theirs. They got one in the 300's, mine was in the 100's.

I asked why, the sales assistant played dumb and said they didn't know.

I figured it was just due to people who reserved the watch, then never paid/collected it. They had to sell it to someone...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Minutes View Post
    Yes, the random number theory is true. I collected mine at the same time someone was getting theirs. They got one in the 300's, mine was in the 100's.

I asked why, the sales assistant played dumb and said they didn't know.

I figured it was just due to people who reserved the watch, then never paid/collected it. They had to sell it to someone...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using TZ-UK mobile app
    If only that could be done then I would of reserved my number and given a deposit long time ago!

I joined a chum of mine collect a Harrods Black Bay from Harrods yesterday. Number 500odd.

We asked the staff how many numbered ones there is going to be and the response came back that they didn’t know. It’s was described as a special edition and not a limited edition.

Then we had a bit of back and forth about the swing tag which was in no uncertain terms explained as not being part of the package. Apparently Tudor themselves have dictated that the swing tags are not given to customers. Apparently they are only for Harrods and remain the property of Harrods. Quite bizarre!!

We asked for an explanation of why and expressed our displeasure but were offered a refund if we didn’t want to buy on those terms.

The guy even said that it was in an attempt to prevent reselling. When we suggested that once paid for the watch belonged to the customer to do with what they chose the assistant agreed but said it was Rolex and Tudor policy.

I explained the the Rolex boutique upstairs let me keep the swing tag on my Milgauss and he tried to find out who the sales assistant was as they could get in trouble for breech if policy.

Rediculous, tedious and annoying.

Anyone else had this happen??

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    Ridiculous, tedious and annoying.
    That is probably exactly what he thought of the pair of you protesting the exclusion of a silly little tag.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    That is probably exactly what he thought of the pair of you protesting the exclusion of a silly little tag.
    He said he has this debate with nearly every green black bay sold. So we are not asking for anything strange or out of the ordinary.

He also suggested the tags are worth £4K on open market!!!

He said he has this debate with nearly every green black bay sold. So we are not asking for anything strange or out of the ordinary.

He also suggested the tags are worth £4K on open market!!!
    Well I got the swing tag when I got mine - it wasn’t an issue.

Apprentice
    I joined a chum of mine collect a Harrods Black Bay from Harrods yesterday. Number 500odd.

We asked the staff how many numbered ones there is going to be and the response came back that they didn’t know. It’s was described as a special edition and not a limited edition.

Then we had a bit of back and forth about the swing tag which was in no uncertain terms explained as not being part of the package. Apparently Tudor themselves have dictated that the swing tags are not given to customers. Apparently they are only for Harrods and remain the property of Harrods. Quite bizarre!!

We asked for an explanation of why and expressed our displeasure but were offered a refund if we didn’t want to buy on those terms.

The guy even said that it was in an attempt to prevent reselling. When we suggested that once paid for the watch belonged to the customer to do with what they chose the assistant agreed but said it was Rolex and Tudor policy.

I explained the the Rolex boutique upstairs let me keep the swing tag on my Milgauss and he tried to find out who the sales assistant was as they could get in trouble for breech if policy.

Rediculous, tedious and annoying.

Anyone else had this happen??
    When did you express interest in the watch and hiwblong did you wait in total?

Craftsman
    Had me worried for a moment, few!! got mine & numbered transit case

If it helps bucherer in Switzerland won't give tags out either.
    Last edited by Coronet king; 23rd June 2018 at 21:17.

Apprentice
    Will they ship the watch out of the UK? I live in the states and want to try and get on the list?

Thanks

Instagram
    Wrist_Watch_Repeat

God in heaven,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Will they ship the watch out of the UK? I live in the states and want to try and get on the list?

Thanks

Instagram
    Wrist_Watch_Repeat
    No, you have to collect it in person from Harrods.

Apprentice
    Really? I plan on buying a caking card, and hope that has changed. lol or maybe I can pay for it and have them hold it for me until I get over there.

Craftsman
    Going down in price under 4K how on eBay. How low will they go? I thinking they will be under 3.5k soon.

Craftsman
    My one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Going down in price under 4K how on eBay. How low will they go? I thinking they will be under 3.5k soon.
    Yes, I noticed that - I think they’ll drop to £3k and then start going up again - just a hunch.

Craftsman
    I'd agree, £3k in the short term and then start to rise again-a good watch to buy and keep for 5 years once they're available at that price I think...

It's not a particularly good looking watch though is it?
    "A man of little significance"

Still haven’t heard anything my name went down in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post

Exactly the same and they don’t return my calls.
    Oh well.

Master
    I don't think they have officially said how many they are going to make have they? If production ceases then surely values will remain firm long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    It's not a particularly good looking watch though is it?
    Too chunky.

Master
    Too chunky.
    Agreed. I just don't see the need for a 200m WR 3 hander to be so thick.

Which is what makes the BB58 a much more attractive option.

Craftsman
    Too chunky.
    Agree

Craftsman

You need to can Harrods psap.

Apprentice
    I received the call today saying my order is awaiting pick up. It's been a long 8 months but finally have it...and it's a stunner

I received the call today saying my order is awaiting pick up. It's been a long 8 months but finally have it...and it's a stunner

Mine isn’t far away either.

Any photos?

Master
    Really fancy one of these, but I’ve already got it in red, not like collecting a couple of SKX variants with different bezel colours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Mine isn’t far away either.

Any photos?
    Site isn't allowing me to upload via my phone? My photo is far to big to be processed 🤣

Craftsman

What happened

Too chunky.

What happened to all the hype surrounding this variant, the best watch since the Rolex LV etc etc and the speculators trying to profit, Oh I forgot, the Tudor Pepsi and 58 came along!

We appear to be in a watch world of always looking for the next shiny wrist candy to come along and become the new darling, until the next distraction. The market seems to have become heavily influenced by fashion and buyers constantly wanting the next season must have rather than being content with a classic lifetime piece.

Apprentice
    However, i have to say the whole Harrods experience was nice.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    What happened to all the hype surrounding this variant, the best watch since the Rolex LV etc etc and the speculators trying to profit, Oh I forgot, the Tudor Pepsi and 58 came along!

We appear to be in a watch world of always looking for the next shiny wrist candy to come along and become the new darling, until the next distraction. The market seems to have become heavily influenced by fashion and buyers constantly wanting the next season must have rather than being content with a classic lifetime piece.
    The piece is still in hot demand. When i collected mine today there were several people filling out cards with there details and showing the staff pictures of this watch that they wanted. The staff said this happens on a daily basis.

The piece is still in hot demand. When i collected mine today there were several people filling out cards with there details and showing the staff pictures of this watch that they wanted. The staff said this happens on a daily basis.

Wow that’s incredible.

I’d love to know if people joining the list now will still get one and how many more they will make?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Wow that’s incredible.

I’d love to know if people joining the list now will still get one and how many more they will make?
    I asked the exact same question and was told the store is continuing to make them for now which I think is great news for anyone that's still on the previous lists so far. But it won't last forever and it can stop at anytime.

I asked the exact same question and was told the store is continuing to make them for now which I think is great news for anyone that's still on the previous lists so far. But it won't last forever and it can stop at anytime.

Do Harrods make them in-store ?

Do Harrods make them in-store ?
    No they get them in from Tudor.

Picked up the Harrods Special edition three weeks ago.
    Absolutely gorgeous watch. Love the green they chose and it really goes well with the almost dark chocolate dial, gold markers and off white lume.
    The green second tip and green depth writing give it a nice touch.
    Glad the screw in part is left black (Green would have ruined it I think).
    Bracelet is nice and solid, and I personally like the rivets.
    All this gives it a very vintage , classy look while still remaining very tool like.

The size for me at 41mm is not too big and the thickness I don't mind.

I have a Rolex batman aka BLNR and seem to be wearing this more often.

My first Tudor and very happy. It's a keeper.
    This and my Aquanaut my two favourite pieces.

Surprised Tudor didn't keep the colour for themselves but who knows, they might bring out a green BB 58 or one with a date in near future.
    Last edited by snoopsta; 23rd October 2018 at 16:30. Reason: Spelling

Banned
    Congratulations on your purchase.
    I also collected one recently, I was not so overwhelmed. What I dislike is the gold markers and off white indices, looks like it’s been faked aged. This is the first watch I have owned where it looks better in pictures than in the real.
    The quality of the watch is great, I own a Tudor gmt which I love.
    I also was offered the Tudor 58 which again just didn’t do it for me and was to small.
    I seem to be in the minority, most people seem to like them.

I’ve got one and I think it’s a pretty special piece.
    Definitely one that could surprise us in terms of collectibility over the future years.

Apprentice
    I am really wanting one of these and can’t be bothered waiting on the list. Just weighing up if £3.4k is a decent buy at the moment, or if it will go down further...

Quote Originally Posted by matthall91 View Post
    I am really wanting one of these and can’t be bothered waiting on the list. Just weighing up if £3.4k is a decent buy at the moment, or if it will go down further...
    Have a look on the Tudor groups on Facebook (Tudor Watch Club and Tudor Watch Collectors) - seen it for sale nearer 3k unworn.

Journeyman
    Have just got mine. First impressions are good but steel is nowhere near the quality of a submariner but expected at less than half the price. A bit annoying the black crown ring is not green. Im going to look for a nice leather strap so any recommendations welcome. Numbers are into 1100+ now.

I’ve given up on mine.

I’ve given up on mine.

What do you mean?