closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Apprentice

The statue of Dodi & Diana in Harrods ruined the place for me .. just seems a bit tacky nowadays

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by actionvin View Post

The statue of Dodi & Diana in Harrods ruined the place for me .. just seems a bit tacky nowadays
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...amed-al-fayed/

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    There’s also zillions of Rolex Hulks out there but it doesn’t stop people paying stupid money for them! I personally don’t think these will ever be that easy to find ibut we’ll have to wait and see. Suppose it’ll be the same for the Bucherer Bronze Blue edition.
    I got 20% off a hulk in September 2012 from a UK AD. Now look

Market makers have pushed the price beyond ridiculous levels

Bonkers

Apprentice

Not long to go

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Called up on the status of what's going on with the queue/list and was told there halfway getting through December.

So anyone who put there name down December may get a call soon.
    I called up yesterday having put my name down on 17th November, i.e. pretty early on - within 48 hours of the announcement. They said that they should have my watch in 2 - 4 weeks. Seems a bit odd considering the December people are getting calls. I wonder if they ignore you unless you've been in touch since you initially went on the list?

Craftsman
    Well done to all who have there Green Bay.

Green Bay seller on eBay trying to sell their watches on from 4.5-6.5k but no one was sold one for that price for mouths. Is the price to hi? I think maybe more like 3.5 k would be more realistic. I’m not to sure are to many modern Tudor collecters who would pay that so who is the buyer at 5k. Now many will be made? As many as can be sold 2000+

I do have a Harrods Green Bay my self and I’m not knocking people trying to make money.
    I think price will drop down to £3000 and tudor well make over 2000-3000 with more black bays on there way like the gmt well the market be flooded with black bays.

Grand Master
    With the release of so many it’s a RRP watch at best now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Well I think this watch is always going to stay well above it’s RRP. We don’t know how many will be made - Tudor/Harrods could stop selling them tomorrow; it’s cool and everybody loves a green watch related to Rolex; it will always be hard to find (even Watchfinder had a few Speedy Tuesdays at this point) and Tudor is upcoming brand.

There may be an imminent price dip but watch this one go two years from now - not just wishful thinking.

not just wishful thinking.
    Crystal ball then ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Crystal ball then ?
    Well, it’s not the black, blue or red versions where you can walk into loads of ADs and pick one up in 10 minutes. I’m confident this watch will stay north of £3.5k indefinitely - if not longer...😉😊 In addition, the American market will push this one higher; they love a bit of ‘arrods unobtainium!

My crystal ball veered me away from paying £6-£7k like some people did though!
    Last edited by WHL1882; 6th May 2018 at 10:00.

Not sure I see your logic. They are only up to the 400+ serial numbers and even if they get to 2000-3000 that is still less than most limited editions from the likes of Omega. The speedy Tuesday and CK2998 still sell for over RRP. They will be selling over RRP for a long while yet in my opinion.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Not sure I see your logic. They are only up to the 400+ serial numbers and even if they get to 2000-3000 that is still less than most limited editions from the likes of Omega. The speedy Tuesday and CK2998 still sell for over RRP. They will be selling over RRP for a long while yet in my opinion.
    Omega a stronger brand with confidence in low production numbers.
    Trust is key. Tudor/Harrods won’t stop at 2000-3000. They never stopped at 98 for sale like the original deal

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    This 👍

Master
    I’d say there’s a fair chance of this staying above rrp along with the bucherer and potentially the GMT.
    The relative good value of the RRP I’d guess would allow growth . I’m thinking of the Speedie Tintin and the Tuesday in that regard as their RRP’s were pretty reasonable . I could see a Harrods staying a grand above pretty easily
    Last edited by Mark lowman; 6th May 2018 at 10:40.

I popped in yesterday and the list was over 1800 I was told even though I had my name on the list in December I ended up purchasing one above rrp through a wtb from here and I must say it's a lovely watch

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    I popped in yesterday and the list was over 1800 I was told even though I had my name on the list in December I ended up purchasing one above rrp through a wtb from here and I must say it's a lovely watch
    Feel for you that you paid over RRP but you won’t regret it in the longer term, it’s a stunning timepiece.

I still think it would retain its value as it has to be collected at Harrods rather than any other outlets. That's still pretty exclusive, maybe not for those in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    I still think it would retain its value as it has to be collected at Harrods rather than any other outlets. That's still pretty exclusive, maybe not for those in the UK.
    As I inferred earlier, I’m sure collectors in the US & other parts of the world will crave this particular version in the years to come.

Banned
    As I inferred earlier, I’m sure collectors in the US & other parts of the world will crave this particular version in the years to come.
    What if the production runs to 10,000+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Remember who's producing these watches. If Rolex S.A. can't get basic sports models in to stores there's no chance they'll be making 10,000 Harrods Black Bays in a hurry.

Can you honestly see Tudor producing 10k+ of these? I can’t. Besides, I’m sure people said the same about the Hulk - I had a chance to pick one up at £5.5k a couple of years ago but didn’t as I thought it was overpriced then! Now look at it 🙄

My Tudor’s a keeper anyway.

Banned
    The point I was making was the production is unknown which governs the future value, if less than 1000 produced, prices would be high. If over 10,000 prices will be under rrp
    This a watch you buy because you want it. No a watch which you would expect to go up in value.
    I would have been annoyed had I been one of the first 100 to buy expecting it be to limited.
    Last edited by Sahara; 6th May 2018 at 18:32.

Journeyman
    How are people finding the accuracy? I have to say that I'm blown away as it has not gain nor lost seconds since it was brought home from Harrods.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    How are people finding the accuracy? I have to say that I'm blown away as it has not gain nor lost seconds since it was brought home from Harrods.
    Have you tried winding it !

RIAC

Journeyman
    Have you tried winding it !
    Haha! I have been wearing it daily and it's kept time; none of this minus 4 plus 6 business! This black bay is certainly worth the money with its in-house movement.

The point I was making was the production is unknown which governs the future value, if less than 1000 produced, prices would be high. If over 10,000 prices will be under rrp
    This a watch you buy because you want it. No a watch which you would expect to go up in value.
    I would have been annoyed had I been one of the first 100 to buy expecting it be to limited.
    Yes but my point was that there are many, many more Rolex Hulks around but it hasn’t stopped it being highly sought after or going up in value.

Re the other point that there would only ever be 100-175 numbered watches, did Harrods ever categorically state that this would be the case? No. It was mainly down to people misinterpreting and then communicating factually incorrect information on watch forums!

Master
    Rolex can effectively produce any of their sports range at any price and there’ll always be someone wanting to pay over odds. Omega and Tudor can go down a slightly different route and offer perceived value and then create a limited edition of a successful model. In theory this should then lift. Obviously the Speedies come to mind and the LE Spectre I think has done this. Not sure about the clunky commander.
    Judging by achieved prices on EBay I expect this to remain over value. The American market will be all over it. The interesting one will be the GMT which I understand is not LE but is being Rolex like trickle fed. I mean how is it possible to produce hundreds of thousands of Blackbays but only able to do a small batch priofuction with queues building for the GMT. IMO this is quite deliberate marketing and part of a plan.
    I think you either join the party on these or just ignore it. I don’t get myself in a lather about Hulks and Daytona’s for this very reason

Grand Master
    Re the other point that there would only ever be 100-175 numbered watches, did Harrods ever categorically state that this would be the case? No. It was mainly down to people misinterpreting and then communicating factually incorrect information on watch forums!
    Yes they did actually. Told a lot of VIP clients last year it was a 100 run with 1 kept for the store. We all signed up. The goalposts moved. It happens.

RIAC

Yes they did actually. Told a lot of VIP clients last year it was a 100 run with 1 kept for the store. We all signed up. The goalposts moved. It happens.

That’s not categorically stating as they broke their promise. All I can say is that their VIP clients must be somewhat hacked-off by this thinking they were buying into something far more exclusive than it actually turned out - choking on their caviar no doubt!

Journeyman
    Goalposts have indeed moved. I was only made aware of this edition by a watch collecting friend asking about availability. I was told (and I'm no VIP) when I called to go on waiting list that there would be an initial 175 pieces limited run with the first 100 numbered.

I see from the eBay completed listings that these are going from north of £4k up to £6k, with serials from the twenties to the 200's. Would be interesting to see what happens to values, not that I'm planning to sell.

For those in the know, what watches other than Rolex SS sports range, and PPs, maintain or appreciate in value?

As much as Black Bay feels like onetrick pony with just different bezel every time, the green version looks gorgeous :)

Master
    Goalposts have indeed moved. I was only made aware of this edition by a watch collecting friend asking about availability. I was told (and I'm no VIP) when I called to go on waiting list that there would be an initial 175 pieces limited run with the first 100 numbered.

I see from the eBay completed listings that these are going from north of £4k up to £6k, with serials from the twenties to the 200's. Would be interesting to see what happens to values, not that I'm planning to sell.

For those in the know, what watches other than Rolex SS sports range, and PPs, maintain or appreciate in value?
    Speedmaster LE’s have done well over time. Speedy Tuesday , TinTin the Japanese LE’s , Various Apolo’s

Tudor BBN ETA, Tudor Bucherer Black Bay Bronze Edition, quite a few Omega Speedmasters (Snoopy, Speedy Tuesday). I particularly like the Omega from Moon to Mars Edition for some strange reason and think that will do well when we eventually colonise Mars 😀👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Might help to see a picture of the watch being discussed before post 24!

This looks great.

When's the last someone got the call to pick theirs up? If you got you're recently, what number was it? I haven't heard any of any new ones becoming available recently.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I’m guessing but I think they sold up to 499ish mine is 29* they sold them over a 2-3 week period. With more on the way in 1-2 months time maybe running up to 750ish. So I’m think Harrods will release ever 6 weeks 200ish
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 20th May 2018 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I’m guessing but I think they sold up to 499ish mine is 29* they sold them over a 2-3 week period. With more on the way in 1-2 months time maybe running up to 750ish. So I’m think Harrods will release ever 6 weeks 200ish
    There’s no way their going to release more than 2k of these.

Grand Master
    Yes there is

RIAC

Yes there is

Said who Blakey??

Said who ?

Journeyman
    In my opinion it's a very nice watch that would have easily sold even if it wasn't supposed to be a limited release. If 2000 were released over it's production I still think it would be easy to shift if you wanted to. If everyone on here posted their number as an approximate range then we could get some idea of the numbers out there. Mine is between 290 and 310.

Grand Master
    Said who Blakey??
    I just did. Are you struggling with memory loss. !

RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    In my opinion it's a very nice watch that would have easily sold even if it wasn't supposed to be a limited release. If 2000 were released over it's production I still think it would be easy to shift if you wanted to. If everyone on here posted their number as an approximate range then we could get some idea of the numbers out there. Mine is between 290 and 310.
    If you look on chron24 and eBay and eBay completed listing some of the pic you can see number I’ve see one with 4** I think they will run and run like Pelogos LHD it not a limited edition it a special edition only time will tell (l,m not the CEO of Tudor)
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 20th May 2018 at 22:53.

Journeyman
    Does it matter if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallang View Post
    Does it matter if they did?
    It’s based on the same logic as people are saying that Tudor is likely to manufacture tens of thousands of them...😊

Master
    I can’t find a reasonable reason to discontinue it as long as it keeps making money for Tudor and Harrods.
    Rolex needs a bit of cash influx now that they are restricting the sports Rolex supply.
    Tudor is the best way to do it!

Master
    Tudor AD said today that Harrods LE is definitely coming to an end.
    That should push 2nd had values up!

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Tudor AD said today that Harrods LE is definitely coming to an end.
    That should push 2nd had values up!
    Was that a non-Harrods AD by any chance....?

Quote Originally Posted by 964RS View Post
    Quite! Talk about a vested interest in getting you to spend your money with the models they have and not at Harrods.

Interesting? Can that be corroborated?

Grand Master
    Did he mention them appearing in concession stores then having no logo for next year?

RIAC