closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1346

Thread: Harrods green black bay

I have received an email stating mine is ready for collection within the week. I am in two minds at the moment, due mainly to size, rather than the colour combination which looks great.

I currently have the Tudor GMT which suits my wrist fibre. Do they both have the same case dimensions?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I have received an email stating mine is ready for collection within the week. I am in two minds at the moment, due mainly to size, rather than the colour combination which looks great.

I currently have the Tudor GMT which suits my wrist fibre. Do they both have the same case dimensions?
    They are both the same I think. I've had a GMT and a couple of black bays (never the harrods) and they all wore pretty much the same.

OT but if you have a bracelet one on order and you don't want it I will take it

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post

Don’t assume they are the same. The GMT does wear smaller even though the dimensions are the same. The small changes below make a decent difference to how the GMT wears.
    - thinner hand set than 41
    - smaller lume plots than 41
    - chamfer to the bottom of the case that the 41 doesn’t have
    - 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock markers sit slightly within the minute track on the GMT
    - the 12 o’clock triangle is slightly smaller than the 41

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    They are both the same I think. I've had a GMT and a couple of black bays (never the harrods) and they all wore pretty much the same.

OT but if you have a bracelet one on order and you don't want it I will take it

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    Will let you know if I don’t take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Don’t assume they are the same. The GMT does wear smaller even though the dimensions are the same. The small changes below make a decent difference to how the GMT wears.
    - thinner hand set than 41
    - smaller lume plots than 41
    - chamfer to the bottom of the case that the 41 doesn’t have
    - 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock markers sit slightly within the minute track on the GMT
    - the 12 o’clock triangle is slightly smaller than the 41
    Yes, the chamfer on the GMT makes a difference to the side profile and overall height of the watch. Tudor should have introduced this on the BB.

Master
    Collecting mine on Saturday, looking forward to the whole experience and very excited about the watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Collecting mine on Saturday, looking forward to the whole experience and very excited about the watch.
    Great news! I have to admit the experience wasn’t all that exciting for me, then again I had the kids with me which made it all that more challenging! Make sure you have a look in the Tudor store as they had some nice models in there when I collected mine

Craftsman
    I’m still clinging on to the hope they will post it out, based on someone else’s experience in here, but failing that has anyone had another person pick it up for them on their behalf instead? I assume there should be no issue with that?!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Enjoy! Post some pictures when you get it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Great news! I have to admit the experience wasn’t all that exciting for me, then again I had the kids with me which made it all that more challenging! Make sure you have a look in the Tudor store as they had some nice models in there when I collected mine
    Have to say when I went to pick one up the experience was quite poor. The lady I’d been dealing with via email was helpful, but it was her day off. The lady in the shop was totally disinterested. I’m not complaining as I was in a rush, just commenting because of an above post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    I’m still clinging on to the hope they will post it out, based on someone else’s experience in here, but failing that has anyone had another person pick it up for them on their behalf instead? I assume there should be no issue with that?!
    I had to get my brother to pick it up. I think I gave him a letter and a copy of my passport to confirm it was for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks. Might be able to enlist the help of my uncle in Leighton Buzzard then, as he’s closer than me!

Yes someone else can pick it up on your behalf.

From the confirmation email I received:

Please also note:

Special Edition watches cannot be shipped under any circumstance and must be collected in person. As per Tudor instruction.
    If you are unavailable to collect yourself, you are welcome to nominate someone to collect on your behalf.
    Payment must be made upon collection and cannot be taken via telephone.
    All stickers & swing tags will be removed at point of sale, as per Tudor policy.
    For the purchase of this watch we require a Harrods Rewards Card. I can help you sign up to one in store or alternatively please follow the link. https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/account/register

I picked mine this week. Fairly quick straightforward transaction. Took the opportunity to look at a few ALS and JLC. The Reverso tribute duoface in blue looked amazing. Signing up to the rewards card will give you Ł25 off your next purchase.

The watch is a stunner, as others have commented it looks much in the flesh compared to online pictures. Will post some pictures here once I get the chance.

Craftsman
    Brilliant, thank you.

Journeyman
    I picked up mine on Friday 1st October. I’d been on the wait list for over 12 months and had heard nothing. Contacted them two weeks ago and miraculously there was a watch available.

Another customer came into the Tudor boutique while I was picking mine up and ordered a watch - he was told 8-12 months for collection. Didn’t hear which watch he ordered but are there any other Tudors with a similar waitlist?

Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post
    I picked up mine on Friday 1st October. I’d been on the wait list for over 12 months and had heard nothing. Contacted them two weeks ago and miraculously there was a watch available.

Another customer came into the Tudor boutique while I was picking mine up and ordered a watch - he was told 8-12 months for collection. Didn’t hear which watch he ordered but are there any other Tudors with a similar waitlist?

The bb58 is at least a couple months and the new panda chronos are up to a year

Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post

Looks good on you!

Almost certainly was a Harrods BB given the store and the response. The only other alternative would be the chrono, but I doubt they'd be so specific.

I have a theory that they have a whole store room full of Harrods Black Bays out back, but they make everyone wait 8-12 months to maintain the demand. When I bought mine it was a considerably lower serial number than some others that were already out there months before.

Apprentice
    This colour combo from harrods has been around since late 2017 now, does anyone think its going to get discontinued in 2022?

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

This is Harrods bread and butter, imagine if they discontinue the model they would lose out on alot of revenue. But then again I can't see them selling this watch for another 5 years? Hard to tell really but if they do, imagine the resale value of the piece will definitely go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    This colour combo from harrods has been around since late 2017 now, does anyone think its going to get discontinued in 2022?

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0$T View Post
    This is Harrods bread and butter, imagine if they discontinue the model they would lose out on alot of revenue. But then again I can't see them selling this watch for another 5 years? Hard to tell really but if they do, imagine the resale value of the piece will definitely go up.

I really don’t think this is harrods bread and butter, have you been into harrods?

This is Harrods bread and butter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I really don’t think this is harrods bread and butter, have you been into harrods?
    Harrods sell bread and butter

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post

I was having a look at it in store about three months ago. I was asked if I was interested in putting my name down. The SA said it would be up to 12 months wait and as long as they do not discontinue it, then I would probably get one. He suggested there was a possibility it would get discontinued in 2021. But that could be sales talk.

He seemed really keen to get my name on the list.

I’ve read a few threads where people are turning the watch down when they got the call.

Maybe the theory about a store room full of Harrods Black Bays is accurate.

From a marketing perspective I can see a lot of logic in discontinuing this and releasing a Harrods bb58 to replace it. Should be good for another 5 yrs.

Probably an item that sells extremely well, maybe part of their bread and butter but what else does sell well in there?

Master
    Probably an item that sells extremely well, maybe part of their bread and butter but what else does sell well in there?

You probably mean the Tudor shop in Harrods as opposed to Harrods itself, as I’m guessing in the grand scheme of things in terms of Harrods turnover, it would hardly account for a crumb, let alone a slice of bread :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    From a marketing perspective I can see a lot of logic in discontinuing this and releasing a Harrods bb58 to replace it. Should be good for another 5 yrs.
    ^^^ yep this would make sense. Discontinuance (if that’s even a word), would also see a rise in value which would encourage people to buy the next one even more.

Craftsman
    I got the email this morning. Sadly they are only giving 7 days to collect (I thought it was more?!) and I reckon I’ll struggle to get something sorted by then

I got the email this morning. Sadly they are only giving 7 days to collect (I thought it was more?!) and I reckon I’ll struggle to get something sorted by then
    No one able to collect on your behalf?

Craftsman
    This doesn't seem very fair. Would they let you pay over the phone and collect in person?

A kind fellow from tz collected mine and posted it to me - perhaps one of the London collective might oblige ?

Master
    They will extend it a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    They will extend it a few days.
    Yes I am currently on an extension but I have just picked up a Pelagos FXD so might have to have a think about going down to London.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No one able to collect on your behalf?
    I’ve an uncle in Leighton Buzzard I’m waiting to hear from but I wouldn’t be hopeful he’ll be in London within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    This doesn't seem very fair. Would they let you pay over the phone and collect in person?
    I haven’t asked yet, but I think they said it wasn’t possible in the original email at the time of signing up, and only 1 other person on here has successfully had it posted. I’m still not sure how they managed that though!

I’ll see what the story is tomorrow.

Journeyman
    Ouch! Good luck mate

Master
    Just to add my 2p to this thread, I went to view a green BB a few weeks ago with a view to hopefully putting my name down for one as a gift for my 40th next July.
    The Tudor shop inside harrods had one sale assistant who was busy with another customer and didn't even acknowledge me. I waited for over ten minutes and the only other staff member who came along was a lad who just wanted a phone charger from the office.
    I'm sure this won't concern them much but Tudor is right off my radar now.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Just to add my 2p to this thread, I went to view a green BB a few weeks ago with a view to hopefully putting my name down for one as a gift for my 40th next July.
    The Tudor shop inside harrods had one sale assistant who was busy with another customer and didn't even acknowledge me. I waited for over ten minutes and the only other staff member who came along was a lad who just wanted a phone charger from the office.
    Not acceptable service, but you must have caught them on an off day. I've popped in a fair few times into that bit with the Tudors etc at the end of the watch section whenever I'm in Harrods and they're usually friendly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Have to say when I went to pick one up the experience was quite poor. The lady I’d been dealing with via email was helpful, but it was her day off. The lady in the shop was totally disinterested. I’m not complaining as I was in a rush, just commenting because of an above post.
    I said similar back in September ^^^

Are they Tudor staff or are they Harrods staff. Shame if you lose all interest in Tudor if they are Harrods staff. I genuinely don’t know the answer so am curious

Master
    I believe they are Harrods staff, as one of them was covering the Panerai shop when I was there a few weeks ago to pick up my sons Harrods BB.

Got to agree that the service seems hit & miss. I was there in August and the woman was really helpful. But when I went to pick up my sons watch a few weeks ago I turned up 15mins early and a younger assistant turned me away saying she was dealing with another customer. She clearly wasn’t as the ‘customer’ and her were chatting about a night out they had both been on a few days earlier. When I came back 15 mins later they were still chatting and I got the impression that I was a bit of an inconvenience for them. He upped and left a few minutes later though and said he’d see her later. Thought that was pretty poor to be honest.

The woman who served me was lovely but I can agree with a lot of the comments made so far. They are definitely understaffed in the Tudor section.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    I believe they are Harrods staff, as one of them was covering the Panerai shop when I was there a few weeks ago to pick up my sons Harrods BB.

Got to agree that the service seems hit & miss. I was there in August and the woman was really helpful. But when I went to pick up my sons watch a few weeks ago I turned up 15mins early and a younger assistant turned me away saying she was dealing with another customer. She clearly wasn’t as the ‘customer’ and her were chatting about a night out they had both been on a few days earlier. When I came back 15 mins later they were still chatting and I got the impression that I was a bit of an inconvenience for them. He upped and left a few minutes later though and said he’d see her later. Thought that was pretty poor to be honest.
    Ignoring Tudor specifically, for a moment, that's really not what one would expect from Harrods.

Complacency, i.e. "we're the best so we don't need to try", affects every business, it seems.

Journeyman
    Agree with the comments here about the rubbish customer service. When I came in to the Harrods Tudor boutique there were two customer service reps chatting to each other and I sat on the high chairs to the left hand side waiting for them to finish. I overheard one say to the other “I don’t know what that man is doing, or why he’s sitting there”

And this is the only time I’ve ever been sharp with a sales assistant I shot back “I’m just sitting here in a watch shop waiting for the hell of it because I really have nothing better to do”

One came running over. And was actually very nice for the rest of the time. But, not good enough frankly. This combined with their lack of knowledge or interest in the products means The Tudor experience in Harrods is not one I’d be keen to repeat.

I do think they’re Harrods staff…rather than Tudor, but I’m surprised the brand is ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post
    Agree with the comments here about the rubbish customer service. When I came in to the Harrods Tudor boutique there were two customer service reps chatting to each other and I sat on the high chairs to the left hand side waiting for them to finish. I overheard one say to the other “I don’t know what that man is doing, or why he’s sitting there”

And this is the only time I’ve ever been sharp with a sales assistant I shot back “I’m just sitting here in a watch shop waiting for the hell of it because I really have nothing better to do”

One came running over. And was actually very nice for the rest of the time. But, not good enough frankly. This combined with their lack of knowledge or interest in the products means The Tudor experience in Harrods is not one I’d be keen to repeat.

I do think they’re Harrods staff…rather than Tudor, but I’m surprised the brand is ok with that.
    Good grief, that really does take the biscuit. One assumes that such staff are not there to advance their career. Just another McJob.

Sounds like my experience in a jewellers in the Trafford centre a few years back when 2 members of staff decided to make fun of some Chinese customers in front of me.

Craftsman

Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The rolex boutique staff in Harrods once shouted out no sports models, no sports modes and then laughed between themselves. ( To anyone walking by or into the store)

Finding it amusing that they'd greet potential customers thay way. I walked over asking about the Cellini, let them mention how glorious and prestigious rolex dress watches are before & asking them why on earth would I buy that over a Lange or Vacheron. It shocked them that anyone woum question rolex, then I showed the watch I had on & walked off.

It's not just a rolex group thing in Harrods. I waited for ages waiting to view a Moser In the end I got fed up & got some food from the food hall next door and walked home.

I collected mine today, nice service and quite quick. Didn't expect much tbh and wasn't expecting them to offer me anything else apart from the watch but this is standard Harrods.
    My AD in Canary Whalf always offers me a drink of whatever they have, generally coffee or alcohol but didn't expect much from Harrods.

Btw did the green on the bezel change over the years? Mine seems to have a green olive shade but I've seen countless pictures online and the older ones seem to be a lot more greener.

I collected mine today, nice service and quite quick. Didn't expect much tbh and wasn't expecting them to offer me anything else apart from the watch but this is standard Harrods.
    My AD in Canary Whalf always offers me a drink of whatever they have, generally coffee or alcohol but didn't expect much from Harrods.

Btw did the green on the bezel change over the years? Mine seems to have a green olive shade but I've seen countless pictures online and the older ones seem to be a lot more greener.

Blame photoshop

It’s olive ?

Yes, a nice shade of Green Olive. Happy with the purchase and price for that matter. Ceramic one next
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Blame photoshop

It’s olive ?

Master
    It's a nice shade, lovingly referred to by the Harrods staff as, 'Swamp green' I was told.

Got mine today just over 6 months

Apprentice
    Seems the wait has a quicker turnover, originally estimated 12-18 months has turned into many getting there watches in 6
    Got mine today just over 6 months