closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Well there is one on sc at 2400 - 500 for bracelet and you can have full set for under 3k

Is that all they are are £500? You’re right then at £2900 that’s £1500 less than this dealer. I see eBay range from £3400 to £4700 so bricks and mortar dealer with wiggle room I can see why they’ve started there.

Master
    I haven't looked in the last couple of months but they had been on ebay as low as £3200, might have been less. they will be below rrp by the time i get the call! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I haven't looked in the last couple of months but they had been on ebay as low as £3200, might have been less. they will be below rrp by the time i get the call! haha!

I think they’ve bottomed already and bouncing north a bit. At Rrp it’s a bargain imo but given the volume it’s never going to command a rarity premium, but then I’ve got speedys that are limited to 5000 odd and they hold up well.

Master
    does anybody know what number they are at? Also, where we are at re time order placed? i got on the list late January....although the young guy i spoke to seemed to stuff the paper with my details nonchalantly in his pocket in a way that gave little confidence.

does anybody know what number they are at? Also, where we are at re time order placed? i got on the list late January....although the young guy i spoke to seemed to stuff the paper with my details nonchalantly in his pocket in a way that gave little confidence.
    Numbers have passed 20XX so far.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Only one now listed on watchfinder and under retail price it states "discontinued". Anyone know if this is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    Only one now listed on watchfinder and under retail price it states "discontinued". Anyone know if this is correct?
    Pretty sure it’s not or we would have heard

Journeyman
    That's what I thought but it clearly states on watchfinder that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    That's what I thought but it clearly states on watchfinder that it is.
    Intriguing. I never believe anything watchfinder say anyway (based on an argument about links on a bracelet that they “magically” found

Journeyman
    Intriguing. I never believe anything watchfinder say anyway (based on an argument about links on a bracelet that they “magically” found
    Yes, I'm sure you're right. Thanks.

Journeyman
    friend picked one up for £3k at the weekend. still see a lot of people asking for £5k though!

Master
    Good timing this came up tonight as i get home to check my email and....whoop whoop I got the email today! so deffo NOT discontinued yet.

Craftsman
    Good timing this came up tonight as i get home to check my email and....whoop whoop I got the email today! so deffo NOT discontinued yet.
    Congratulations. Any idea what number you might be getting?

Master
    Nope. email from Hannah diesn't say. it does say...

I hope this email finds you well.

I am extremely pleased to inform you that we now have a Tudor Black Bay, Harrods edition available for your purchase.

Due to the high demand of this watch, we adopt a 7 day (inclusive of weekends) collection and payment timeframe.

Please may you confirm receipt of this email and understanding of this policy within 48 hours.

In addition to this, we have a strict policy to remove all stickers on the timepiece and retain the swing tag. This will take place in store at point of sale on collection of your piece, and is part of our standard procedure for all limited edition pieces.

Please do not hesitate to contact should you have any further queries.

We look forward to your response and welcoming you back into store to collect your Tudor

Kind Regards

Hannah Pogorzelski
    Fine watches Sales Professional

I've replied already and will be off to collect it tomrrow or Thursday probably. So went on the list at the end of Jan, told it would be a year, offered a piece 3 months later.

Master
    If only Spurs had done a little better...I'd have had a great evening then!

Master
    Managed to dash to Harrods between meetings and have collected it. All smooth, meet Hannah, the author of the email, she dealt with everything. I was shown the stickered watch then had those removed, completed the warranty card and that was activated. I then got called by the office as my next meeting had been pulled forward half hour, so had to dash without the bracelet being sized. Not an issue.

Another lad was waiting to collect his as I left.

Master
    BTW, we are up to the 2340s at least.

First impressions?

Craftsman
    Thanks

Master
    comparing it to my PO which hardly ever comes off my wrist...its not got the feel of solidity or quality that has..it has sharp edges almost on bis of the bracelet/clasp or example. It also doesn't feel as quality as the SubC I have. That said it does feel a good watch and it looks lovely, the green seems nicer than i thought. it changes in different lights as I'd been told by the sales guy. It is nice. is itan nearly £3k worth of 'nice' hmm. I don't need to answer that...each owner can answer for themselves. Besides, I did the deal to flip it onwards while on the bus to work today, a few hours before I collected it. So I'm not trying to bond with it. I like it though and could see myself with a black bay in the future...although i might go for a 58. my ideal version might be a claret bezeled 58, or a bronze bay 58,and I'd look to pick one up pre-owned rather than pay £2670.

I must say this makes me smile every time I put it on.

Journeyman
    I must say this makes me smile every time I put it on.
    lovely pics , got one myself after 5 months on the list , so waiting times seem to have come down

Picked mine up over the weekend, it's my first Tudor and I'm really impressed. I still think the snowflake hour hand takes up too much of the dial but I can live with that!

Got mine on today

Journeyman
    my number 1 black bay

Quote Originally Posted by Croman View Post
    my number 1 black bay
    Welcome to the forum. What have you got in your collection at the moment - any goals?

Journeyman
    harrods are holding mine until Friday...... but I picked up the 58 on Sunday still a few days to pluck up the courage to buy two watches in under a week lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    harrods are holding mine until Friday...... but I picked up the 58 on Sunday still a few days to pluck up the courage to buy two watches in under a week lol
    Just do it - you shouldn’t lose anything if you change your mind

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    I bought a BB GMT in November and got the call from Harrods in December (completely unexpected)! Needless to say I bought that one too and decided that I won’t buy anything else for a while now. Do it :)

Master
    If you are unsure you can definitely get your money back. I'd flipped mine on to my friendly Indy dealer for 10% profit inside a day and haven't had the credit card bill to pay yet!

Journeyman
    Aaahh the pressure lol..... I will definitely go tomorrow after work and have ‘a look’

Journeyman
    Got mine on today
    Great pic

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Recently picked one up, the nato is very nice, great build quality!

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

My name went down in January and I've not had the call as yet :( Might chase them up

It's worth just popping in - I was in there yesterday and bought a Harrods green over the counter and one of the new stainless steel & gold chrono's (moving Tudor up the price point but the bracelet and gold detailing felt worth the extra).

Sadly missed a slate grey dialled bronze but confident i'll get a call on one of them soon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilg77 View Post
    Sadly missed a slate grey dialled bronze but confident i'll get a call on one of them soon.
    Slate grey in the window of Deacons in Swindon last week.

It's worth just popping in - I was in there yesterday and bought a Harrods green over the counter and one of the new stainless steel & gold chrono's (moving Tudor up the price point but the bracelet and gold detailing felt worth the extra).

Not too easy when I'm in Leeds.

Kinda sucks for those supposedly on a list when they get bypassed when someone pops on off the street. Harrods watch staff don’t seem very professional tbh. All a bit random.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    My name went down in January and I've not had the call as yet :( Might chase them up

There seems to be a large element of luck involved. I put my name down in January and yet to get an email.

However, the guy I spoke to seemed disinterested so I got my wife to request to be put on the list the following week. She got an email and I collected the watch beginning of March.

Master
    To be honest I think nowadays it’s a case of you snooze you loose. Might not be the way to do business but it seems that a lot of people that get the ‘harder’ to get watches often keep in touch - from gentle regular reminders to camping outside and even paying the AD’s grocery bill or mortgage :-)

Journeyman
    I had my name down in Feb and got it...

Craftsman
    Harrods watch staff don’t seem very professional tbh. All a bit random.
    On sat you could hear them saying no oyster no oyster to people without being prompted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibo View Post
    Recently picked one up, the nato is very nice, great build quality!

Just out of interest what numbers are they at now.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Just out of interest what numbers are they at now.

Last edited by Sibo; 9th July 2019 at 16:13.

Journeyman
    Still enjoying mine. I haven't taken it off the strap yet, but I do think it would look good on the enclosed nato - have many of you tried it?

I wonder how long they will keep making these, maybe until this current fleet of Black Bays are discontinued/updated. I quite liked the idea of it being relatively rare, especially in the City (sub anyone?), but I imagine they will get up to 15,000 in time!

Journeyman
    Kinda sucks for those supposedly on a list when they get bypassed when someone pops on off the street. Harrods watch staff don’t seem very professional tbh. All a bit random.
    Well, I went in "off the street" a few months back and they were very disinterested in providing any kind of service. Took 15 minutes of me standing at a counter before someone decided to stop ignoring me and asked if they could help.

Journeyman
    Mine is on the nato. I really don't like bracelets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post
    Still enjoying mine. I haven't taken it off the strap yet, but I do think it would look good on the enclosed nato - have many of you tried it?

I wonder how long they will keep making these, maybe until this current fleet of Black Bays are discontinued/updated. I quite liked the idea of it being relatively rare, especially in the City (sub anyone?), but I imagine they will get up to 15,000 in time!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibo View Post

Thanks, still low numbers. If they stop in November it will be quite a collectors piece.

Why November?

Craftsman
    Thought I'd revisit this thread to see what the current status is. Around a year ago, they wouldn't even entertain putting me on the list.

Still love the green accents, but that bloody riveted bracelet just keeps holding me back. Drove me to sell by black version.