Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Is that a proposition ?
    Might be, however had better tell the wife first! 😊👍

Why, will she be joining in?
    It's just a matter of time...

from the visit today

ok had a long chat, thought i'd let those wondering what the story is from the harrods point of view

harrods originally agreed with tudor to make 100 numbered as a special edition
    the feedback was so good tudor increased this to 175, the extra 75 mainly being rolex and tudor people who wanted one or promo pieces for magazine editors as they're using it to help push tudor in the uk
    so they will make 175 not all 175 will go to harrods so far they have received 69 ( i never understand this surely they made the whole 175 in one run), apparently the weekend it was made public they had 400 people contact them to put their name down to buy the piece

so they have sold the number they had many times over so tudor have offered to make more, they are not sure if they will be the same or numbered but the feeling is they will be less to promote tudor and more to promote harrods, they think they will probably be different and probably won't be numbered but nothing is 100% certain, its more a reaction of this was a much bigger success then they expected for them

interestingly they still have people phoning up for the green panerai harrods special edition- but they can't shift the blue one, so just repeating the formula doesn't necessarily repeat the success so they are worried about the people who have put their name down for the limited edition version may not want the non limited edition version but figure compared to the other watches they sell, it'll be cheap enough a lot of overseas people will buy one to show where they've been in the uk so no matter what can sell them and so that pushes it more towards more harrods branding

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    ok had a long chat, thought i'd let those wondering what the story is from the harrods point of view

the feedback was so good tudor increased this to 175, the extra 75 mainly being rolex and tudor people who wanted one or promo pieces for magazine editors as they're using it to help push tudor in the uk
    so they will make 175 not all 175 will go to harrods so far they have received 69 ( i never understand this surely they made the whole 175 in one run), apparently the weekend it was made public they had 400 people contact them to put their name down to buy the piece

so they have sold the number they had many times over so tudor have offered to make more, they are not sure if they will be the same or numbered but the feeling is they will be less to promote tudor and more to promote harrods, they think they will probably be different and probably won't be numbered but nothing is 100% certain, its more a reaction of this was a much bigger success then they expected for them

interestingly they still have people phoning up for the green panerai harrods special edition- but they can't shift the blue one, so just repeating the formula doesn't necessarily repeat the success so they are worried about the people who have put their name down for the limited edition version may not want the non limited edition version but figure compared to the other watches they sell, it'll be cheap enough a lot of overseas people will buy one to show where they've been in the uk so no matter what can sell them and so that pushes it more towards more harrods branding
    Thanks for the summary!

Much needed I think due to the amount of questionable facts people were throwing into this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TudorMan View Post
    Thanks for the summary!

Much needed I think due to the amount of questionable facts people were throwing into this forum

Isn't that basically what 100%monkey already said though?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I did tell you the Head of Tudor UK said it wasn’t a limited edition and would make as many as Harrods wanted.

Do you think Harrods was only going to sell 100 if it can sell 500+ easily and with their branding on? They are not idiots...

I'm just basically happy for tudor who have got a success on their hands. I don't care if they milk it, it's a nice watch. Looking forward to the hello kitty LE.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    it's a nice watch. Looking forward to the hello kitty LE.

Didn’t have you down as a Hello Kitty fan but each to their own! Can’t say I think the pink would work quite so well

Interesting thread. Lover and haters alike. Be interesting if the critics had managed to get one to see their views
    RIAC

Miffy during the week, HK at the weekends.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post

Or you could just say it’s 100% uncertain

Grand Master
    As Winston Churchill famously said ‘Don’t believe everything you read on the internet’

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    As Winston Churchill famously said ‘Don’t believe everything you read on the internet’

That’s genius, going to use that myself.

Master
    Didn’t have you down as a Hello Kitty fan but each to their own! Can’t say I think the pink would work quite so well

Interesting thread. Lover and haters alike. Be interesting if the critics had managed to get one to see their views
    How many are you sitting on?
    Valiant effort to keep the hype going so far...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

RIAC

Master
    An honest day’s work. Especially when they sell for more than the kermits!

An honest day’s work. Especially when they sell for more than the kermits!

Where are they more expensive?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    That’s genius, going to use that myself.
    Well he was the first to ever use OMG, in a letter during WW1.

Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Well he was the first to ever use OMG, in a letter during WW1.
    The internet has been going longer than I thought,,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 964RS View Post
    I was chatting with Sven Olsen, he's Head of Tudor UK, not sure who is CEO of Tudor in Geneva now but I think Philippe Peverelli moved to a different part of the Rolex group last year...

I much preferred the green Harrods watch to the blue bronze Bucherer special edition
    Don’t tell anyone but the H on the back is actually for ‘Hereford’ it’s a Special Forces Watch cunningly disguised as a boutique edition and there’s only 100 so every bloke who was on the Iranian Embassy balcony can have 1. !!!!🧐
    RIAC

Master
    It’s nice enough watch but the green representing Harrods, doesn’t really represent the down to earth working class roots of Tudor

Master
    Don’t tell anyone but the H on the back is actually for ‘Hereford’ it’s a Special Forces Watch cunningly disguised as a boutique edition and there’s only 100 so every bloke who was on the Iranian Embassy balcony can have 1. !!!!類
    Ha ha! I like your style...

I guess that some younger members of the forum will be wondering what on earth you are talking about. :)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    It’s nice enough watch but the green representing Harrods, doesn’t really represent the down to earth working class roots of Tudor

Green is Rolex branding colour but also a strong military shade and refreshingly different like a nicely faded LV feel to it but with the added bonus of green writing and hand tip.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    bla bla bla.... the down to earth working class roots of Tudor

Eh?

Thumbs up

Who pissed on your chips?

Grand Master
    If anyone has a 116900 Airking they want to trade I know of a Black Bay Green going spare !

RIAC

Grand Master
    Now sorted

RIAC

Grand Master
    RIAC

Master
    LOL that is absolutely NUTZ haha doubt anyone will pay that price tho

I think it's a lovely looking watch, but that's crazy money.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    FRO!

Master

Wow!! Just wow!!!

That’s disgusting!!
    I’m all for free enterprise and small business in the U.K. but when someone buys a new item then just multiplies the RRP by 4 or 5 I just find that disgusting!!!
    What idiot is going to be fooled into paying that much over sticker for that piece!!??

Chris

Notice it says one of only 100 numbered pieces. Suggests more will be coming which will not be numbered but the same thing. If whoever it is gets the money, good luck to him.

Master
    well Daytona’s or 5711 are not limited either and yet fetch high prices. I reckon obviously £11k is stretching it abit but will probably calm down to around £6k

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    You mean double!! Wow

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    You mean double!! Wow
    Almost half compared to the £11,000 buy it now above.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    well Daytona’s or 5711 are not limited either and yet fetch high prices. I reckon obviously £11k is stretching it abit but will probably calm down to around £6k

What are you basing this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    What are you basing this on?
    Wishful thinking ?

Master
    Wishful thinking ?
    wishful? i’m not selling mine LOL but it’s the price Inhave been offered by a few members not from just this forum but other forums via PMs. It seems many in the US also wanted to get one but obviously even more difficult for them too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    wishful? i’m not selling mine LOL but it’s the price Inhave been offered by a few members not from just this forum but other forums via PMs. It seems many in the US also wanted to get one but obviously even more difficult for them too.

If you have been offered 6K for the watch by people on this forum fair play to you.
    It is a nice watch but not sure I would be paying that level above RRP.

Grand Master
    Ally clearly is a closet fan!

On a serious note look at Flat 4 Green Suns or Zenith Daytona etc all produced in the 10’s of thousands and available worldwide! Perhaps it’s just underpriced at RRP! I’ve always maintained that bang for buck Tudor are incredible and more so with such a perfect and limited combination.

RIAC

Craftsman
    It is a very nice looking watch but I wouldn't pay over RRP.
    Much more over RRP and it moves close to Rolex territory with better resale values if it's discovered by an owner not to be a keeper and I gain the impression that Tudor will produce more.If a green bezel causes this kind of excitement,why not produce several thousand for certain sales and profit?
    I presume the watch has the concave back which deterred me from buying a Black Bay ?
    Still,a very good looking watch and good luck to those who have managed to collar one.
    Have a happy new year everyone.

Ally clearly is a closet fan!
    And you are clearly a dealer trying to build up hype so you can make more £ out of it.

On a serious note, the Black Bay in all its forms is a near-miss watch for me. Silly hands, oversized and slab sided being the main criticisms.

GLWTS

Grand Master
    And you are clearly a dealer trying to build up hype so you can make more £ out of it.

On a serious note, the Black Bay in all its forms is a near-miss watch for me. Silly hands, oversized and slab sided being the main criticisms.

GLWTS
    And you Sir are seriously wrong. As A I don’t have one for sale and B the margin is the same anyway.

Bottom line. You just don’t like it or you do and you’re heartbroken
    RIAC

Personally awaiting the chocolate edición from green and blacks.

Grand Master

GLWTS
    And you Sir are seriously wrong. As A I don’t have one for sale and B the margin is the same anyway.

Bottom line. You just don’t like it or you do and you’re heartbroken
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    What’s wrong with the slab sides I like them?

It’s the green I don’t like

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    It is a very nice looking watch but I wouldn't pay over RRP.
    Much more over RRP and it moves close to Rolex territory with better resale values if it's discovered by an owner not to be a keeper and I gain the impression that Tudor will produce more.If a green bezel causes this kind of excitement,why not produce several thousand for certain sales and profit?
    I presume the watch has the concave back which deterred me from buying a Black Bay ?
    Still,a very good looking watch and good luck to those who have managed to collar one.
    Have a happy new year everyone.
    Generally yes i agree with all your points there. But remember the guys making Tudor.....yes Rolex. Even the movement is so similar. And like Rolex they are the masters of creating hype. This one will most likely be like the daytona where they will for sure make more just trickle it out. The profit element doesn’t even go into the equation for them vs the hype that it creates. Even i was genuinely surprised as i just bought it coz i thought it was a nice looking watch and consequently wearing frequently but the amount of comments i get at shops and stores around London just shows how many people know about this harrods edition! The hype it creates for the brand is more than worth them not making more.

Master
    The world has gone mad if someone pays £5750 let alone £11,250!

Personally I love the Tudor BB and have the blue 79220b, in my opinion the better version and possibly more sought after (time will tell). I also got this at a price that I was very happy with, under RRP.

Maybe I am not a fan of brands constantly bringing out limited additions of the same watch, Omega moonwatch springs to mind (I own a speedy btw), but I understand as a rule Tudor hasn’t done this before.

Marketing stunt, if so well done as we are talking about it?

This is just an association with a well known department store, right? - green bezel, green tipped seconds hand, green text, engraving and price thats identical to the existing BB with MT5602 movement. What did Harrods do apart from say yes and sell it in their store, hardly a partnership. Essentially it’s a green BB for Tudor to add to the other colours should they choose to produce another run.

Please educate me and tell me what makes this first 100 pieces 3-8k(ish) above RRP, rarity, uniqueness, personally I don’t think it has either and is it, or will it be, a collectors piece, I doubt that also but as I said time will always tell.

C’mon it’s just a very nice green BB and Tudor has priced this the same for a reason, it the same watch but slightly different.

Should anyone choose to pay that much over the odds then good luck to them but I am sure I can fine lots of watches within said brands Knightsbridge department store that I would rather buy in the 10k+ range than this.

In summary, I and not hating on the watch - I own one and have posted a thread saying just that - just the hype and resale values. If they are that good keep them because at £2630 you have yourself a lovely, different, BB which is owned and enjoyed by tens of thousands of other watch enthusiasts, it’s just your one is green.

PS - I bet Tudor marketing are rubbing their hands together and are currently talking to ‘ENTER BRAND HERE’ about a limited addition.

It reminds me a bit of the speedy Tuesday hype, it will never be a bad buy though (if you like it of course)