closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1346

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Well that's fine if it's non-EU, as no Rolex or Tudor is the equivalent of the 20% VAT off at a UK airport anyway - so it's the same price at Harrods for everyone from outside the EU anyway.
    Yes this is what I thought as well. Unless there’s a suggestion of UK residents buying while flying to a non-EU country (which will be tax evasion).

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I got mine on walk in - I think I was just very lucky. Just purely guessing they might have called a few people on the list who turned it down that day, and decided to stop calling.

Surprised the staff were not more discreet when they gave you your piece. What was ‘ok money’?
    You must have got very lucky! Or your friend was lucky who picked it up for you, just read your thread

Yes this is what I thought as well. Unless there’s a suggestion of UK residents buying while flying to a non-EU country (which will be tax evasion).
    Only if they bring it back into the country without declaring it.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblalpine View Post
    You must have got very lucky! Or your friend was lucky who picked it up for you, just read your thread
    Yeah, I’ve always knew this was a waiting list piece but didn’t know how long exactly/how hard it was to obtain until I’ve read more on this thread...

Beginners luck I guess as it’s my first self-purchased watch!

Only if they bring it back into the country without declaring it.
    Yeah that’s correct. I’m just saying if a UK resident suggests it’s ‘cheaper at the airport’ then it does imply the intention of doing what you mentioned above.

Also funny how some people genuinely think ‘if you wear it/if it’s a used item then you don’t have to pay VAT’ lol...

Grand Master
    Well that's fine if it's non-EU, as no Rolex or Tudor is the equivalent of the 20% VAT off at a UK airport anyway - so it's the same price at Harrods for everyone from outside the EU anyway.
    My point is theres not a waiting list at an airport its first come first served
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Yeah, I’ve always knew this was a waiting list piece but didn’t know how long exactly/how hard it was to obtain until I’ve read more on this thread...

Beginners luck I guess as it’s my first self-purchased watch!

Yeah that’s correct. I’m just saying if a UK resident suggests it’s ‘cheaper at the airport’ then it does imply the intention of doing what you mentioned above.

Also funny how some people genuinely think ‘if you wear it/if it’s a used item then you don’t have to pay VAT’ lol...
    Happy to be corrected but often the airports refer to the reduced items as concessions not tax and Im sure numerous people have purchased Rolex at airports for less than the UK RRP
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Happy to be corrected but often the airports refer to the reduced items as concessions not tax and Im sure numerous people have purchased Rolex at airports for less than the UK RRP
    Yes, believe this is discussed before but the 20% reduction can either be:

1. A discount of 20% - So for an item that is £100 incl VAT, buyer pays £80 of which £64 goes to the shop and £16 goes to HMRC.

2. A VAT refund of 20% applied - So for the same example above, £80 goes to the shop and £0 to HMRC.

It’s obvious why the watch shops would prefer ‘2’ but sometimes to entice customers for brands with higher margins, if the customer is not eligible for a VAT refund they’ll do ‘1’.

With Rolex/Tudor though I would think it’s either ‘2’ or they don’t sell it, as ‘1’ is too much of a hit to take.

Just my 2c

Master
    I was at the counter today - no luck for me as a walk in. Was told 8 months wait and likely to be discontinued soon, so getting the standard answer. Tried the BB58 which was lovely.. that one 6 month wait.

I'm not the type of clientele they want I suppose..

Master
    Still waiting for mine, I am in London for 2 days for a conference, so may pop in.

Yes, believe this is discussed before but the 20% reduction can either be:

1. A discount of 20% - So for an item that is £100 incl VAT, buyer pays £80 of which £64 goes to the shop and £16 goes to HMRC.

2. A VAT refund of 20% applied - So for the same example above, £80 goes to the shop and £0 to HMRC.

It’s obvious why the watch shops would prefer ‘2’ but sometimes to entice customers for brands with higher margins, if the customer is not eligible for a VAT refund they’ll do ‘1’.

With Rolex/Tudor though I would think it’s either ‘2’ or they don’t sell it, as ‘1’ is too much of a hit to take.

Just my 2c
    In 2, and usually with any vat equivalent reduction (20% vat equivalent) £83.34 goes to the shop and £16.66 goes to HMRC-VAT.

Actually, until very recently Rolex concessions did used to reduce the price by the 20% vat, now they are reduced for non-eu travel only.

Master
    Right, mine is ready to be collected, can’t wait.

Apprentice

Harrods green black bay

I bought mine, and friend at the airport did the vat, I got back about $300 US so the watch came out to under retail, I was on the list for about 4-5 months and kept calling and emailing to annoy them. I was lucky I had traveling who could pick it up for me.
    Also I’m number 1599

On list end of 2018, for phone call early February and friend picked up mid February

Instagram
    Wrist_Watch_Repeat
    Last edited by ac921ol; 7th September 2019 at 14:13.

Craftsman
    Has any one try any different strap or nato? I would like to try the OEM khaki NATO that come with the BB silver date.

Craftsman

Not too sure now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Has any one try any different strap or nato? I would like to try the OEM khaki NATO that come with the BB silver date.
    I’ve seen pictures of the Harrods BB with a similar nato on the Tudor Watch Group on Facebook. Looks amazing I have to say! Having thoughts of buying a strap myself

Grand Master

Harrods green black bay

Locating a first 100 is not a bad option
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 10th September 2019 at 13:40.
    RIAC

Master
    Collected mine today and I love it really nice very impressed, colour works well.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Collected mine today and I love it really nice very impressed, colour works well.
    Congrats shoppy! Is it a 3***+ serial?

Master
    Thank you, I had the choice of two numbers chose the both below 3000. I am very happy with the watch, feels very nice. Will post photos when I get back to my laptop.
    Last edited by shoppy; 13th September 2019 at 01:01.

Master
    Also joined the club. Must say, it is a great looking watch with a great colour combination. Have enjoyed reading this thread and reading about everybody's thoughts and progress.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Thank you, I had the choice of two numbers chose the both below 3000. I am very happy with the watch, feels very nice. Will post photos when I get back to my laptop.
    Ah, nice! They may well not have hit 3,000 yet then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    Ah, nice! They may well not have hit 3,000 yet then.
    They have. Mine was above 3000!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    They have. Mine was above 3000!

Reading that has tipped me over the edge. I now don't want the watch at all. I've sat on a waiting list for 7 months, been offered a GMT "instead" and now it's clear this isn't going to be a limited run. Just endlessly numbered. And what is the point in that...

I'm also convinced (as a few people are now) that the success of the BB58 will mean a new (colourful) version of that at some point next year. Sad

Master
    Does it matter how many are produced? I have the same watch in a different colour the reason I got this one, is because I like the green colour not fussed about the Harrods association. If anything it was an annoyance as I had to wait to get to London to collect. If Tudor had sold this direct, I would have gone to my local AD and purchased it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Reading that has tipped me over the edge. I now don't want the watch at all. I've sat on a waiting list for 7 months, been offered a GMT "instead" and now it's clear this isn't going to be a limited run. Just endlessly numbered. And what is the point in that...

I'm also convinced (as a few people are now) that the success of the BB58 will mean a new (colourful) version of that at some point next year. Sad
    I kind of see where you are coming from, especially if you are looking at it as an investment piece. However, I don't think it will be endlessly numbered. Any numbered watch should eventually have an end point. Will be a bit silly if we get to number 20,000!

It must be a good earner for Tudor / Harrods. Having already sold 3,000 plus that is a total revenue of over £8m (plus bringing foot flow into the store). But at some point, surely it will stop!?

There is still a LOT of interest in it. Whilst I was in there, 2 people added their name to the list and the staff member informed me 2 others also did on the same day.

I really like the look of the watch and that was why I bought it.

Grand Master
    From experience it will never be an investment piece but it is one of the nicest colour combination Tudors they have made, in many ways whilst it would have been nice (re selfish) if it was just the original 99 at least this mass production has given pleasure to proper watch lovers who can get at RRP fairly easily.
    RIAC

I think that's the main point Kerry. My two favourite Tudors are the Harrods and the Bucherer - but not because they are associated selling store, simply because they are the best colour options available in those watches.

I was just pleased to get one and be able to wear one each week. As Rolex didn't do an LV in Non-date I think the model is a perfect partner to my 16610LV's.

While it may never be a huge invest piece like some - generally we don't know which watches of today will be the true stars of tomorrow. It's never going to be worth less than more general release Black Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I kind of see where you are coming from, especially if you are looking at it as an investment piece. However, I don't think it will be endlessly numbered. Any numbered watch should eventually have an end point. Will be a bit silly if we get to number 20,000!

It must be a good earner for Tudor / Harrods. Having already sold 3,000 plus that is a total revenue of over £8m (plus bringing foot flow into the store). But at some point, surely it will stop!?

There is still a LOT of interest in it. Whilst I was in there, 2 people added their name to the list and the staff member informed me 2 others also did on the same day.

I really like the look of the watch and that was why I bought it.
    Didn't they say the same about the Omega FOIS? It's numbered but actually not limited. Tudor could keep making this watch for a decade.

Numbers are hitting ridiculous highs, and the whole point of being numbered ceases to be important.

Limit it, make me feel special that I've got one of 3k watches globally. Scarcity is desirable, its science! Click here for science -> https://www.influenceatwork.com/prin...sion/#scarcity
    Last edited by ozzyb123; 14th September 2019 at 18:10. Reason: URL

Didn't they say the same about the Omega FOIS? It's numbered but actually not limited. Tudor could keep making this watch for a decade.

Numbers are hitting ridiculous highs, and the whole point of being numbered ceases to be important.

Limit it, make me feel special that I've got one of 3k watches globally. Scarcity is desirable, its science! Click here for science -> https://www.influenceatwork.com/prin...sion/#scarcity
    Still a long way to go to hit a usual James Bond 10007 edition watch run!

As luck would have it just got the call lol. Happy to pass for someone on this forum...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

As luck would have it just got the call lol. Happy to pass for someone on this forum...

I’d love it but have no chance of getting down there to collect it. I think these are terrific looking watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I’d love it but have no chance of getting down there to collect it. I think these are terrific looking watches.
    Aside from lacking liquidity, the thing that bugs me is that it might be a bit big for me. It might not be. But if I’m asking the question...

Does look beautiful, the gold + green combo superb

Craftsman
    YouTube review of TBBHHSE from London Watch investor. sorry I mean London Watch Collector.

https://youtu.be/6x2ITXOhz9o
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 29th September 2019 at 08:02.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    YouTube review of TBBHHSE from London Watch investors. sorry I mean London Watch Collector.

https://youtu.be/6x2ITXOhz9o
    Pretty much my thought on him.

Popped into to Harrods today wearing mine and was told that they are up to 3,1xx now.
    Apparently demand is still very strong with no end date indicated.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    Popped into to Harrods today wearing mine and was told that they are up to 3,1xx now.
    Apparently demand is still very strong with no end date indicated.
    Suspect this will be the case for a while, especially with demand overseas.

Journeyman

Cool

This is lovely. Hadn’t come across it before. The green really works.
    Tudor are really nailing it at the moment :)

Craftsman

Secondary

Suspect this will be the case for a while, especially with demand overseas.

Has certainly been a Winner for Harrods and brand awareness for Tudor. With the RRP price point on this model and limited to a certain point in production numbers, probably a watch you will not see that often.

Have noticed a considerable drop off now on the Secondary market with some dealers and think that will continue with there seemingly no end date of this production. I remember a couple of buyers paying nearing £7k for these when they were being told it was limited to 100 pieces only.

As Public Enemy famously sang ”Don’t believe the hype”.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Has certainly been a Winner for Harrods and brand awareness for Tudor. With the RRP price point on this model and limited to a certain point in production numbers, probably a watch you will not see that often.

Have noticed a considerable drop off now on the Secondary market with some dealers and think that will continue with there seemingly no end date of this production. I remember a couple of buyers paying nearing £7k for these when they were being told it was limited to 100 pieces only.

As Public Enemy famously sang ”Don’t believe the hype”.
    £7k?! That’s crazy. It also comes with a NATO so even better value than all other BBs. The second hand market for these softened a bit now but wonder if it will ever pick up again... the bucherer didn’t even when discontinued.

£7k?! That’s crazy. It also comes with a NATO so even better value than all other BBs. The second hand market for these softened a bit now but wonder if it will ever pick up again... the bucherer didn’t even when discontinued.
    I'd noticed that as well. I guess as and when it gets discontinued you may see demand on the secondhand market increase.

Master
    the resale market on these softened 6-9 months ago. If anything its bouncing up again a little. April May they were on eBay unworn at £3200. I think they are more like £3500-£3600 again.

the bronze bay just isn't as popular...bigger...more expensive...people unsure of bronze? whtever the reason is just not as popular

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    the resale market on these softened 6-9 months ago. If anything its bouncing up again a little. April May they were on eBay unworn at £3200. I think they are more like £3500-£3600 again.

the bronze bay just isn't as popular...bigger...more expensive...people unsure of bronze? whtever the reason is just not as popular
    I tried it on, seemed huge compared to the standard black bay. Really like.the colour scheme though. It wasn't that hard to find as a few stores had it when I was browsing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post

eBay has an unworn Sept one for £3,250. Hope that’s not an indication of where the price is going!

Master
    Perhaps they haven't bonce back then. still they have settled at £3200 for 6 to 8 months

Would love a Harrods BB58.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love a Harrods BB58.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that would be awesome...

Who knows what will happen next - particularly given the success of the current Harrods Version.

Apprentice
    Hi.

How is the list now ? Does it still make any sense ?

We must be over 3,000 units. Where is the exclusivity ?

Am I thinking wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucd View Post
    Hi.

How is the list now ? Does it still make any sense ?

We must be over 3,000 units. Where is the exclusivity ?

Am I thinking wrong ?
    I think they’ve obviously decided to just keep making these as opposed to the initial limited run.

But the colour of it is fantastic. Beautiful looking. Saying that, I’ve only worn mine once since getting it last month and am going to put it on SC in the next week. Picking up the 58 on Thursday has made my mind up as out of all of my watches it’s the least worn.

But it’s a great looking watching and the green and gold works so well.

Master
    When I was in there they insisted that they would be limited. But I guess who knows!

What constitutes ‘limited’ these days?