closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    What do you mean?

He’s either sick of waiting for it , or decided to move it on , what else could he mean ?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 7184c View Post
    Have just got mine. First impressions are good but steel is nowhere near the quality of a submariner but expected at less than half the price. A bit annoying the black crown ring is not green. Im going to look for a nice leather strap so any recommendations welcome. Numbers are into 1100+ now.
    http://www.didymostraps.com/2016/02/legacy-bb.html?m=1 I ordered a leather strap for mine from didymostraps. I had about a 2 month wait but the strap is really nice.

What do you mean?
    Given up waiting.
    I was/am on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Given up waiting.
    I was/am on the list.

How long have you waited for? Doesn’t do any harm to stay on the list, surely? They will call you when you’re next on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    How long have you waited for? Doesn’t do any harm to stay on the list, surely? They will call you when you’re next on the list.
    Tbh I don’t want it anymore, got my eyes on other things

Journeyman
    If you get the call fella... I'd happily take it ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Ok sure.

Journeyman
    I’ve got one and I think it’s a pretty special piece.
    Definitely one that could surprise us in terms of collectibility over the future years.
    I’m not so sure. Personally I can see two endings to this scenario:

- 1) They continue to be made until the entire waiting list has been fulfilled. After all, Tudor has not restricted itself to producing a finite number, and its business it to sell watches - as long as there is good demand, why would they stop selling them?
    - 2) Tudor brings out a standard green version of the BB (without the feet-first script) to join the other red/blue/black variants. That may signal the end for production of the Harrods, but suddenly its USP is not so unique.

I think there will always be a slight premium on them for the fact that they can only be bought from a single place in the whole world - so they’ll always be a real rarity in countries outside the UK - but I can’t see them being the next LV. I hope I’m wrong though as I’ve bought one for my son!

Anyone know what numbers they’re on now? I know a batch were delivered last week - I estimate it’s in the 9XX region at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    1100+

Craftsman
    Yesterday a family member received an update that his watch was now in store and ready to collect. So they must have got a batch in

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    He’s either sick of waiting for it , or decided to move it on , what else could he mean ?
    He clarified, but thanks for your comment anyway.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    http://www.didymostraps.com/2016/02/legacy-bb.html?m=1 I ordered a leather strap for mine from didymostraps. I had about a 2 month wait but the strap is really nice.
    Thanks. These look good.

Was also looking at JPM or the Tudor with deployant. Annoyingly missed out on the one on SC earlier.

Craftsman
    Got the call today for mine and I bought one off my mate last week

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post

Well I’ll happily pay list price for it, and pass on mine at list price when I finally get the call.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    The more I see this the more I like it. Not on the waiting list though as I live in NYC and Knightsbridge is not that convenient for collection.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I went to Harrods last Saturday and the sales person said they closed the waiting list on that day. So unlucky if he was being honest!

Craftsman
    I got the call on Friday and will pick mine up next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by zcahhi6 View Post
    I went to Harrods last Saturday and the sales person said they closed the waiting list on that day. So unlucky if he was being honest!
    That’s the 19th time they’ve closed the waiting list this year! 😊

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post
    The more I see this the more I like it. Not on the waiting list though as I live in NYC and Knightsbridge is not that convenient for collection.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    They hold on to them as long as you pay in full within 7 days.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Well I’ll happily pay list price for it, and pass on mine at list price when I finally get the call.
    There's one In SC today 😁

Shocking that Harrods are messing you around over your order! Sounds like a right farce

What’s the story BadBoy ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    What’s the story BadBoy ?

Yep, set out the sorry tale Badboy, name and shame I say!

Quote Originally Posted by johnfoxllb View Post
    Shocking that Harrods are messing you around over your order! Sounds like a right farce
    Not sure how you've read that they're messing him around? He bought one off his mate last week, and now his actual time to get one from Harrods has also come up.

I see no messing around, just he could've waited and got one direct. Or it's so soon after buying his mate's one that he doesn't have the spare cash to also buy the Harrods one.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Not sure how you've read that they're messing him around? He bought one off his mate last week, and now his actual time to get one from Harrods has also come up.

I see no messing around, just he could've waited and got one direct. Or it's so soon after buying his mate's one that he doesn't have the spare cash to also buy the Harrods one.
    BadBoyR (Farooq) has been in direct contact with me to discuss the issues he has had with Harrods on his order allocation.

As you know he purchased a Harrods Black Bay privately whilst he awaited his Harrods allocation for his soon to be second model.

On 18th November he received a call from Harrods as he states above telling him that his watch was ready.

He was not able to get confirmation from Harrods, despite numerous calls since Monday 19th November for them to confirm his allocation so that he can go collect his watch.

He feels Harrods left him with no confidence that they know what they are doing and whether or not they actually have an allocation for him.

Farooq reckons they [Harrods] are a disorganised bunch and they don't know who called him and who's list his name is on.

Sounds like messing around to me...........

Hopefully he'll chime in soon to tell us whether or not he's got it sorted.

Master
    Doesn’t smell right

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    This is how they contacted me:

I am extremely pleased to inform you that we now have a Tudor Black Bay, Harrods edition available for your purchase.

Due to the high demand of this watch, we adopt a 7 day (inclusive of weekends) collection and payment timeframe.

Please may you confirm receipt of this email and understanding of this policy within 48 hours.

If you are not able to visit the store within 7 days of this email, please do let us know, and we can then arrange for a bank transfer of £2,630.00 to secure a piece under your name.

Please note that the bank transfer will not secure this as a set price should the piece undergo any price adjustments in the future.

In addition to this, we have a strict policy to remove all stickers on the timepiece and retain the swing tag. This will take place in store at point of sale on collection of your piece, and is part of our standard procedure for all limited edition pieces.

Please do not hesitate to contact should you have any further queries.

We look forward to your response and welcoming you back into store to collect your Tudor

This is how they contacted me:

I am extremely pleased to inform you that we now have a Tudor Black Bay, Harrods edition available for your purchase.

Due to the high demand of this watch, we adopt a 7 day (inclusive of weekends) collection and payment timeframe.

Please may you confirm receipt of this email and understanding of this policy within 48 hours.

If you are not able to visit the store within 7 days of this email, please do let us know, and we can then arrange for a bank transfer of £2,630.00 to secure a piece under your name.

Please note that the bank transfer will not secure this as a set price should the piece undergo any price adjustments in the future.

In addition to this, we have a strict policy to remove all stickers on the timepiece and retain the swing tag. This will take place in store at point of sale on collection of your piece, and is part of our standard procedure for all limited edition pieces.

Please do not hesitate to contact should you have any further queries.

We look forward to your response and welcoming you back into store to collect your Tudor
    Looks like BadBoyR's experience is unique!
    Last edited by johnfoxllb; 21st November 2018 at 20:24.

Farooq flogged it for more elsewhere.

Master
    I think someones offered more or couldn't be bothered going down for it.

The general tone of that email makes me want to buy one and sell it at a profit, if only to annoy them.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Never!

Grand Master
    If anyone wants a really special Harrods watch then the Panerai 693 which I shamelessly have available is lovely, plus a very special serial in the range of just 100!
    RIAC

Craftsman
    BadBoyR has been in direct contact with me to discuss the issues he has had with Harrods on his order allocation.

As you know he purchased a Harrods Black Bay privately whilst he awaited his Harrods allocation for his soon to be second model.

On 18th November he received a call from Harrods as he states above telling him that his watch was ready.

He was not able to get confirmation from Harrods, despite numerous calls since Monday 19th November for them to confirm his allocation so that he can go collect his watch.

He feels Harrods left him with no confidence that they know what they are doing and whether or not they actually have an allocation for him.

Reckons they [Harrods] are a disorganised bunch and they don't know who called him and who's list his name is on.

Sounds like messing around to me...........

Hopefully he'll chime in soon to tell us whether or not he's got it sorted.
    Yip, I never got the email and you're supposed to so I pulled my private purchase.

Last edited by BadBoyR; 22nd November 2018 at 09:38.

Tudor in Harrods were rubbish when I bought a watch there earlier this year. Dis-organised and poor customer service.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I think someones offered more or couldn't be bothered going down for it.
    TBH, it's not worth my time to spend 20 minutes on each call to be told the same thing, just not worth the hassle and I have no reason to offer something and then sell to someone else for a higher price. I pulled it and I still have it in my collection. Harrods don't require you to collect personally so you are way off.

So many people pull watches after they have been advertised.

If anyone does get a call, make sure you note the callers name, that they have your email (they did not have mine), they send you a confirmation of your allocation such you need for collection.

Master
    Why were you advertising it for sale on SC if Harrods hadn't made a communication saying the watch was available?

A reasonable question

Craftsman
    Why were you advertising it for sale on SC if Harrods hadn't made a communication saying the watch was available?
    You've lost me, you can't advertise a watch that isn't in your possession within SC. I have a private purchase in my possession which is the one I listed and I've chosen to withdraw my ad and keep it due to the mess up.
    A reasonable question
    I have already explained everything to you fully via PM. Yet, you choose to name and shame me for no reason.

You've lost me, you can't advertise a watch that isn't in your possession within SC. I have a private purchase in my possession which is the one I listed and I've chosen to withdraw my ad and keep it due to the mess up.I have already explained everything to you fully via PM. Yet, you choose to name and shame me for no reason.

With respect I haven't shamed you.

Some on this thread have suggested you advertised a watch for sale that you didn't possess. Some have suggested you didn't have the funds to buy it, and there was also a suggestion that you sold the watch elsewhere inferring that the Harrods "mess up" isn't a true reflection of the position leading to the withdrawal of your sale.

I made no such allegations. I simply drew attention to the poor service you said you experienced from Harrods. I am glad, for my part, that I did not make arrangements to travel from N.Ireland to Glasgow to pick up the watch on the basis of you insisting that it was collection only, during the 26 hours of silence that followed your confirmation that you were going to amend the sales post to reflect the sale and you breaking the "bad news"

19th November 18:03 -

"Cool, will edit title later as can't do it from the app."

Farooq

2oth November 20:00 -

"Hi John,

Sorry for not being online, I have some bad news and I hope that you'll understand. I need to withdraw my AD as I have not been able to get confirmation from Harrods, despite numerous calls since yesterday for them to confirm my allocation so that I can go collect my watch.

The watch which I currently have was a private purchase and I was looking to move this on at what it cost me so that I could take my personal allocation. Harrods have not left me with any confidence that they know what they are doing and wether or not they actually have an allocation for me, thus I don't want to lose out totally.

I can only apologise and if I am able to offer this watch I'll give you first refusal."

Farooq.

Anyway, this is a thread discussing this beautiful timepiece, not H&V, so best we leave things where they are and let the thread get back on track.

Master
    You've lost me, you can't advertise a watch that isn't in your possession within SC. I have a private purchase in my possession which is the one I listed and I've chosen to withdraw my ad and keep it due to the mess up.I have already explained everything to you fully via PM. Yet, you choose to name and shame me for no reason.

Since you've deleted original sales post it is hard to recall exactly but I thought it said on original post that you had had news that your own allocation from Harrods was ready shortly after having purchased one from a friend and that you were therefore offering one for sale.
    I don't get how if Harrods had told you yours was available that it then goes pear shaped.

Since you've deleted original sales post it is hard to recall exactly but I thought it said on original post that you had had news that your own allocation from Harrods was ready shortly after having purchased one from a friend and that you were therefore offering one for sale.
    I don't get how if Harrods had told you yours was available that it then goes pear shaped.

It's here:

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    So "Got the call" turns into watch disappeared off their system(which would have been used to give the call in the 1st place)
    Seems reasonable.

I like a long shot so if anyone out there has or sees number 612, 806, or 1206 i’d be very keen to get the cash out.

Keep those eyes peeled folks. Finders drink in it for you.

Craftsman
    Hopefully will pick mine up today but at the moment sitting on a plane in Jersey waiting for the weather to clear at Gatwick. Confident I will make it though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Picked mine up yesterday. Great service and watch chat. James who I dealt with had on a lovely 2006 Kermit. I got them to size and switch out the bracelet for the strap I had brought in. I put it on and wore it out. They liked the fact I was using it!

I think the service you get varies depending on who is there (I had previously been underwhelmed)

They have a bb58 in stock (on nato) that I tried on. A very nice watch too!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Picked mine up yesterday. Great service and watch chat. James who I dealt with had on a lovely 2006 Kermit. I got them to size and switch out the bracelet for the strap I had brought in. I put it on and wore it out. They liked the fact I was using it!

I think the service you get varies depending on who is there (I had previously been underwhelmed)

They have a bb58 in stock (on nato) that I tried on. A very nice watch too!
    Agreed they seemed surprised when i asked them to size the bracelet for me and I took stickers off and wore it home! Safer on the wrist than boxed up in a green Harrods bag.

Strap looks good what is it?

Craftsman
    Agreed they seemed surprised when i asked them to size the bracelet for me and I took stickers off and wore it home! Safer on the wrist than boxed up in a green Harrods bag.

Strap looks good what is it?
    Agree, safer on the wrist than in a Harrods bag on the tube.

The strap is made in the UK from an eBay seller who is based in Somerset - Lawr389. The straps are rustic with no edge finish, but are supple and soft. They suit toolwatches. Bargain prices too. I plan on getting a grey with orange stitching for my Dawn Grey Samurai and a blue with with red stitching for my PADI Turtle.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They were taking orders today

Craftsman
    I picked mine up on Friday and when I asked how much loner the waiting list was going to be open I was told that they hadn't been told to stop taking names and therefor didn't know.