closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1346

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Wow...around 6000 already. Thats amazing but you would think they might discontinue them soon and if Tudor were to be real smart bring out another special edition colour variant joint with another brand...just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Didn’t they already do this with Blue dial Bucherer bronze edition.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Didn’t they already do this with Blue dial Bucherer bronze edition.
    Are they numbered? Looks like still available as "in stock": https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/watch...297-220-0.html

Apprentice
    Maybe a BB58 version of the harrods edition. How cool would that be,

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    Are they numbered? Looks like still available as "in stock": https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/watch...297-220-0.html
    Honest answer is I don’t know, but it is an exclusive edition only available from Bucherer, so not that different to the Harrods edition now that is around 5,000 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Maybe a BB58 version of the harrods edition. How cool would that be,

This would certainly upset a few thousand punters..

Quote Originally Posted by noms2000 View Post
    Who would be upset my a BB58 Harrods? I think the waitlist would be very long indeed, it would be an excellent option I think.

Yep the ones who bought the BB’s

Master
    Blog Entries
    The 58 case is much nicer, that with Harrods colourway would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Yep the ones who bought the BB’s
    Can you imagine the number of Harrods BB's that would appear on SC!

Can you imagine the number of Harrods BB's that would appear on SC!
    Yup, especially the ones who thought they were smart by buying it for “investment”

Yup, especially the ones who thought they were smart by buying it for “investment”
    If they decided to discontinue the Harrods BB tomorrow to release a BB58, I believe the original would go up in value immediately. Think it's highly unlikely they'd have two Harrods exclusives simultaneously. So I guess those buying it for "investment" would be hoping for exactly this scenario to happen.

Wouldn't matter one bit to me personally, but the logic here seems wrong.
    Last edited by M1011; 4th August 2021 at 01:12.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    If they decided to discontinue the Harrods BB tomorrow to release a BB58, I believe the original would go up in value immediately. Think it's highly unlikely they'd have two Harrods exclusives simultaneously. So I guess those buying it for "investment" would be hoping for exactly this scenario to happen.

These were originally supposed to be a very short run. Now I think they’re up to 6000 or so already.
    I don’t think it’ll ever be a particularly collectible watch.

Craftsman
    These were originally supposed to be a very short run. Now I think they’re up to 6000 or so already.
    Not as short as initially expected but still a small run of watches compared to the Tudor's. Plus you have the fact that its only available via Harrods themselves which naturally makes it more challenging for people outside of the UK

Master
    It won’t be huge collectible, however I think right now Tudor is fairly competitive in price compared to other watch brands and long term may well hold their own value. Added to this being a Harrods and limited and I think this one will be okay. That said I’m still not sure whether I’m going to buy the one I’ve been offered.

Craftsman
    For those interested in their values, one for sale on watch collecting which should give a true market value reading. Nothing to do with me whatsoever

https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...ck-bay-harrods

Strong edits on those pictures to make the green look nicer. Bit disingenuous.

I've had two black bay blacks and currently have a black bay Harrods. The black is nicer IMO. The green on the Harrods is very washed out and isn't anything like the actual green Harrods use for anything.

Just a chance to get a semi-hype watch for less than £3k if you're into hype. Mine will go at some point and in the interim I won't even wear it.

Craftsman
    I'm scheduled to pick mine up soon, though have to admit been in two minds about picking it up, however I also like green quite alot.
    I've had 2 BB58's in the past so I'm hoping the larger case isn't much of a problem. The BB58's were pretty much perfect

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    I'm scheduled to pick mine up soon, though have to admit been in two minds about picking it up, however I also like green quite alot.
    I've had 2 BB58's in the past so I'm hoping the larger case isn't much of a problem. The BB58's were pretty much perfect
    You'd love it!

Craftsman
    Can tell from that photo alone how much bigger the Harrods is. I'm fortunate enough to have an LVC so I'll be able to get them both together atleast for a nice photo

Journeyman
    For those interested in their values, one for sale on watch collecting which should give a true market value reading. Nothing to do with me whatsoever

Have to factor in buyer's premium too.....

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Just a chance to get a semi-hype watch for less than £3k if you're into hype. Mine will go at some point and in the interim I won't even wear it.
    Why did you buy one out of interest?

Why did you buy one out of interest?
    Wanted to get it home and try it around the house for a few days before making my mind up.

Not as short as initially expected but still a small run of watches compared to the Tudor's. Plus you have the fact that its only available via Harrods themselves which naturally makes it more challenging for people outside of the UK
    Slightly OT, but do you think the BB Bronze 'Boutique Edition' will be a better investment? It's only available from one retail outlet in the UK!

Craftsman
    Slightly OT, but do you think the BB Bronze 'Boutique Edition' will be a better investment? It's only available from one retail outlet in the UK!
    I have to admit I only consider watches that I like, I haven't given this watch any thought as I'm not a fan of it based on pictures. Maybe seeing it in person will change my view on it. Plus it's also available in other Boutiques around the world, while the Harrods edition is only available from 1 location

If you want an investment buy another Sub or try get a GMT.

Just because some watches appreciate steeply once discontinued, that doesn’t mean tgst every watch does.

I don’t think that Tudor really have that cachet, they make about a billion* different versions of the blackbay anyhow!

*I know they don’t really make a billion but they do make plenty.

I got mine to take some of the wear off my Kermit. Saying that the Tudor is unworn and I still wear the Kermit a lot :)

I really mist get the Tudor sized, but not been able to get to the local AD

... I've had 2 BB58's in the past so I'm hoping the larger case isn't much of a problem. The BB58's were pretty much perfect
    Hopefully you'll like it. I'd wager that it's too large and slab-like for most wrists though - the 58 being a much more comfortable size for most (me included). But, little downside if you need to sell it on.

The best modern ‘investment’Tudor will be the ETA Black Bay 79220N - very nice watch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Just because some watches appreciate steeply once discontinued, that doesn’t mean tgst every watch does.

I don’t think that Tudor really have that cachet, they make about a billion* different versions of the blackbay anyhow!

*I know they don’t really make a billion but they do make plenty.
    When supply was squeezed awhile back, pretty sure these were going for £4k+. So I stand by my assessment, although it is of course just an opinion.

Chump change compared to Rolex/Patek/AP price rises etc, so I don't think people should be looking at these as an investment (and have said the same multiple times on the thread), but the logic of the previous poster seemed so flawed I felt compelled to point it out!

Personally I like the watch, the brand connection and think it's a good deal at RRP.

Enjoy mine cracking watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Your pictures are too good and have tipped me over the edge before. At some point I'll have to put you on ignore and save myself some money.

You make it look so desirable...

Your pictures are too good and have tipped me over the edge before. At some point I'll have to put you on ignore and save myself some money.
    Haha how you finding the YM?

Haha how you finding the YM?
    I really like it, I can see why you withdrew it. I'm trying to get the SkyDweller Oysterflex for my SD43 but doubt anyone will sell it to me.

I was wearing it daily for WFH but I'm trying to ration it a bit now. The obese plots make for some great daytime lume.

Journeyman

Sold for £3,705 including buyers premium.

Sold for £3,705 including buyers premium.
    Whoever bought it would have been better off joining TZUK, they pop up here cheaper than that.

Whoever bought it would have been better off joining TZUK, they pop up here cheaper than that.
    They hang around on SC £500 cheaper than that.

Craftsman
    Great picture Kippax. And a good result for watchcollecting as they'll certainly be happy with that easy buyer's premium, can imagine the seller wanted a piece of that pie.

Chrono24 and the like have a few Harrods editions for the hammer price so I'm not sure why this went for that much tbh, unless the bidders didnt take into effect the premium that is added on top.

Journeyman
    suppose some people just dont care

Craftsman
    Another one on watchcollecting.com - https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...-bay-harrods-2

I've got my one, haven't tried it once since I left Harrods but already think the case size is to big and I prefer the BB58's that I had. I'm sure my serial number is 48XX if memory serves me right

Will be interesting to see what this one goes thought. I felt the last one was strong.

Best of luck to the guy with the white gold Sub on there who left the entire serial on the warranty card shot. He's going to be blacklisted now surely.

Craftsman
    What irks me more is the ladies Aquanaut. It's at double the list price already, I didn't think these went so high.

I thought they were only bought to get on the men's Aquanaut list. Surprised at that too.

Will be interesting to see what this one goes thought. I felt the last one was strong.

Best of luck to the guy with the white gold Sub on there who left the entire serial on the warranty card shot. He's going to be blacklisted now surely.
    Reference the WG Sub, you assume the seller bought it new perhaps? If he/she didn’t it’s a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Reference the WG Sub, you assume the seller bought it new perhaps? If he/she didn’t it’s a non issue.
    Correct, assuming bought new but you're right, could easily be used and therefore not an issue for this seller, only the original seller.

Master
    I think selling ‘lower’ priced watches on there just doesn’t make sense as the buyer has to stump up with £600 in fees! On a 4K watch that’s mad

Another one on watchcollecting.com - https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...-bay-harrods-2

I've got my one, haven't tried it once since I left Harrods but already think the case size is to big and I prefer the BB58's that I had. I'm sure my serial number is 48XX if memory serves me right

Journeyman
    Yay or nay?

Watchfinder claims these to be discontinued:

Yay or nay?

Watchfinder claims these to be discontinued:

Doubt this could be true with no news about it. Just a screw up I think.

Master
    Quite often WF have had incorrect details in the past, especially on RRP prices, so I’d take it with a pinch of salt.