closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1346

Thread: Harrods green black bay

I still need to size and wear mine...maybe for the first day back at the office in a month or so :)

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

^ Ginge and gold, good combo.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    They have given me 2 options

Pay now via a link they send me then come collect

Pay a deposit which isn't really a deposit as they want the full amount then collect once the store is open

I will give the store a call as I'm not very trusting with anything via email
    I ended up turning this down but the good news is I emailed them last week asking if they had one available for me now the store was open and they did ! So I collected it today . In total was around 11 month wait.

Its the first time I've seen one in the flesh and its so much better in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    I ended up turning this down but the good news is I emailed them last week asking if they had one available for me now the store was open and they did ! So I collected it today . In total was around 11 month wait.

Its the first time I've seen one in the flesh and its so much better in real life.
    Congrats, welcome to the club

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Congrats, welcome to the club
    Congrats. What number are they up to now? Must be 5,000+?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    Congrats. What number are they up to now? Must be 5,000+?
    Yes mine is early 5000's

Can't wait to get one of these

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I was offered one from the store yesterday, but decline this morning... worried about the thickness.. i have the 58, which has such lovely proportions... and then spend the whole day drooling over photos the harrods black bay... have i made a mistake?

What's the current RRP on these? I'm on the current list for about 11 months now so should be due shortly. Was on twice before but they lost me so the last time I went on I emailed after to make sure so I'm definitely on now!

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    have i made a mistake?
    No.

it was just over 2.7...

There is something about its look that keeps drawing me back to it... did i make a mistake worrying about the thickness?

it was just over 2.7...

There is something about its look that keeps drawing me back to it... did i make a mistake working about the thickness?
    I've had two of the blacks and tell myself the Harrods "will be a different story". Reality is it's an obese slab and the rivets are less than ideal. As part of a collection it serves its purpose but couldn't have it as an only watch.

Craftsman
    i actually like this too, will this be hard to source like the last model though?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I've had two of the blacks and tell myself the Harrods "will be a different story". Reality is it's an obese slab and the rivets are less than ideal. As part of a collection it serves its purpose but couldn't have it as an only watch.
    Meh, it's thick on paper, on the wrist for 5 minutes and you forget about the extra thickness. It's 3mm at the end of the day.

Agree it would be better without rivets.

Have I made a school boy error, should I reach back out to them like the other tz'er earlier in the tread?

Have I made a school boy error, should I reach back out to them like the other tz'er earlier in the tread?
    Why not try on a normal BB locally and decide? It's not that difficult surely.

Mine arrived the other day.

Didn’t realise how fabulous this watch is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 cents - don't just buy it because of some perceived hype. There's enough of these about now that they're not exactly hard to come by.

As Juke suggested, try one of the other colours on locally and see what you think. It won't be to everyone's taste.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Looks very nice, how long is the wait nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    Think you're using the term 'review' rather loosely

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Absolutely delightful "fencepost" shot, plays out beautifully against the wood and the grassy background.

[* not an original fencepost a la Shalako, but a worthy alternative.]

Haha stole the idea off Steve. I’m sure he’ll be fine

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    My 2 cents - don't just buy it because of some perceived hype. There's enough of these about now that they're not exactly hard to come by.

As Juke suggested, try one of the other colours on locally and see what you think. It won't be to everyone's taste.
    This is good advice I think. I got on the list because I loved the watch, but when it was actually offered to me last month I didn’t take it. It was hard not to, but I ultimately decided like you that the thickness was just too much on my relatively slim wrist. My Black Bay 58 is a much better fit, and as much as I love the green bezel and the connection to London, it made more sense to me to let someone else have it. Though I still felt a little sad letting it go!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I’ve just had an email saying they have one available. Think I applied near the end of last year. Email says they will hold it for 7 days but may be able to extend it up to 10/12 days.

Grand Master
    Whats great about this is that it is a belter of a watch which changed hands for £7k when we thought it was limited to 100.

Tudor were taken by surprise and whilst the decision to go past 100 upset a few of the first 100 it’s the right decision as it’s enabled many more to own and enjoy without a premium what is one of the nicest Colourways made.
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’ve just had an email saying they have one available. Think I applied near the end of last year. Email says they will hold it for 7 days but may be able to extend it up to 10/12 days.
    I also received the call followed by an e-mail. Went down on the list in September last IIRC. I wasn't looking at adding anything new but it's worth a punt. Previously had both black & blue BB58 so lets see how the bigger case sits on my wrist

Got mine on Wednesday. Great service, awful parking situation.

Still undecided on it. Might put it on a strap and see how I get on but for now it's unsized.

I went on the list October 2020.

They'll let someone come in and pay/collect on your behalf if you're not down anytime soon.

Cool

Happy to pick it up for you Stephen!

Master
    I applied in January, so mine should be coming up soon I guess, maybe still a couple of months.
    Happy to go and collect one for any of you who have had the call, as I need an excuse to visit the boutique.

Master
    I’ve found black bays sit a lot better on the wrist on a nato strap

Still undecided on it. Might put it on a strap and see how I get on but for now it's unsized.

Journeyman
    did people just phone harrods to request to be put on the "list" or email???

cheers

I saw one at the watch fair just gone (18 July) and liked it, if I was ever in London I would of put my name down for sure.

Master

Think I was October too. I’m slightly undecided as well, especially as I had something unexpected come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Happy to pick it up for you Stephen!
    Thanks Gareth :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    did people just phone harrods to request to be put on the "list" or email???

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I saw one at the watch fair just gone (18 July) and liked it, if I was ever in London I would of put my name down for sure.
    I’ve never spoken to anyone and fairly sure I just emailed them. Looking at my email from them it’s:

finewatchroom@harrods.com

Maybe drop them an email.

I’ve never spoken to anyone and fairly sure I just emailed them. Looking at my email from them it’s:

Thanks, I have just looked on there website and if you do get one it looks like collection (in store) is the only option which is a bit of a bind.

Journeyman

much obliged mate

Master

Or you could flip it like everybody else does for an extra grand… isn’t that the only reason people buy these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Or you could flip it like everybody else does for an extra grand… isn’t that the only reason people buy these?

Extra grand is wishful thinking. £300 if you're lucky I think.

I think the black is a nicer watch but the black bay overall is a flawed watch. Too thick, fauxtina, riveted bracelet. Is be keen to see a new , thinner black bay with the glidelock from the BB58 Bronze.

I would buy one to be my Swiss daily wearer :)

I love these, do try on a strap as it changed it for the better for me.

I’d buy another if I could find one that had a number that meant something to my sons birthday/birthdates if anyone has a 1206 612 608 806. Let me know. Cheers

Master

Harrods green black bay

Extra grand is wishful thinking. £300 if you're lucky I think.

I think the black is a nicer watch but the black bay overall is a flawed watch. Too thick, fauxtina, riveted bracelet. Is be keen to see a new , thinner black bay with the glidelock from the BB58 Bronze.
    I always thought the Harrods were in great demand … that must be fading if you’ve waited for less than a year. Not my cup of tea but very nice. I prefer the bronze models although I’ve just sold mine on SC so can’t have liked it that much. I do quite like the idea of the bronze bracelet version.. but that’s a different thread :) Real marmite watch. Glidelock bracelet should be standard on luxury watches .. why isn’t it , it’s not like you aren’t paying good money . I must say the 116660 DSSD had the best bracelet I’ve ever had on a watch .

Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 31st July 2021 at 12:25.

Journeyman
    What number are the up to now? Must be 5,500+?

Mine is #59XX

Journeyman
    Mine is #59XX
    So approximately 6,000 units sold over three and a half years; grossing the store £16m+.

Few hundred Quid If lucky.
    I traded mine for a Rolex and got back what I paid.

Apprentice
    Wow...around 6000 already. Thats amazing but you would think they might discontinue them soon and if Tudor were to be real smart bring out another special edition colour variant joint with another brand...just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    So approximately 6,000 units sold over three and a half years; grossing the store £16m+.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app