closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 1,301 to 1,346 of 1346

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Journeyman
    My colleague picked one up over the weekend after 8 months on the list.

Numbers now into 6,700’s.

Not sure how they hand them out with regards to the serial numbers , I picked mine up Saturday and it’s just over 6000 but have seen one on eBay brought also in December at the 7000s
    I’m wondering if it will end at 9999?

I collected mine a couple of weeks ago and the number was 70XX.....who knows how they distribute them. Look randomised at best. If it does stop at 9999 that would be such a cool number to have

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    What is the major attraction of these? Do you like the shade of green? I think it looks quite good, but IMO the Harrods connection is pretty naff and would certainly put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Corryvreckan View Post
    What is the major attraction of these? Do you like the shade of green? I think it looks quite good, but IMO the Harrods connection is pretty naff and would certainly put me off.
    Could it be the (diminishing) secondary market premium.

One look at eBay tells you all you need to know about the enthusiasm of many owners.

The full sized Black Bay is a fairly artless lump on the wrist and is overdue for a re hash imo

Harrods BB58 now that’s a watch I’d be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Harrods connection that sold it to me. Funny how we all like different things.

Apprentice
    For me its the green combo. As well as my favourite colour its a watch I needed to complete my green family collection adding it with the Kermit and hulk.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Lots of rumours floating around forums and social media. But do anyone know if Tudor/Harrods are finally stopping this piece at 10000?

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0$T View Post
    Lots of rumours floating around forums and social media. But do anyone know if Tudor/Harrods are finally stopping this piece at 10000?

Doubt it, seems a bit of a cash cow. Unless they replace it with something else.

Harrods is the sort of place people buy Harrods branded teddies and the like. This Tudor doubles up as a souvenir of the shop as well as a decent watch in its own right. I don't think it's going anywhere

Master
    You have to know what it is. To anyone else it's a watch with an olive green bezel. Looks really nice in real life. Not like owning a Harrods carrier bag or souvenir

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    You have to know what it is. To anyone else it's a watch with an olive green bezel. Looks really nice in real life. Not like owning a Harrods carrier bag or souvenir
    I was wearing mine in an AD today enquiring after the new Tudor Pelagos. The sales guy asked me where I got a green one, evidently he had no idea about the Harrods edition so I think he suspected it was a fake!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I was wearing mine in an AD today enquiring after the new Tudor Pelagos. The sales guy asked me where I got a green one, evidently he had no idea about the Harrods edition so I think he suspected it was a fake!
    what a howler, lol

Apprentice
    This November will be 5 years since its initial release, its definitely had a good run but now its time to change things up. Rumours of a Green GMT are beginning to surface but how true is that is obviously unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    This November will be 5 years since its initial release, its definitely had a good run but now its time to change things up. Rumours of a Green GMT are beginning to surface but how true is that is obviously unknown

A green BB58 would work very nicely indeed.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    A green BB58 would work very nicely indeed.

It would much better than that awkward GMT Master II in Skoda colours, that’s for sure.

I love the olive green colour. It is just to go there and put the name in the list?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Pretty much, either visit in person, phone them or email. I've heard of such success stories of people visiting Harrods and getting lucky being able to purchase on the spot. Maybe visit in person is always the best choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Caminos View Post
    I love the olive green colour. It is just to go there and put the name in the list?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Well that's confirmed it. Read online via Facebook that a customer collected 10XXX, assistant reckons they will stop it at 15000. Was looking forward to another green model or some sort, was hoping a Green GMT or the 58, regardless they will continue to sell thousands more of this.

Craftsman
    When I originally bought mine they were still in the hundreds and the manager told me they wouldn’t be producing them for much longer ….. That old chestnut but I fell for it !!! Still a great watch though.

So I hear that people are walking in to Harrods now and just picking them up without being on the waitlist. Read this online via social media, not sure how true this is. But I'll be damn if I'd been waiting for months and someone just walked in there and got one instantly.

Master
    I went in last month and they had a display model but definitely not for sale. Only in an extremely rare case have a few managed to walk in and buy one I think

Master
    I’ve realised these are now available to buy online on harrods website in case someone is still looking!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    I’ve realised these are now available to buy online on harrods website in case someone is still looking!
    Readily available at auction too

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Readily available at auction too

True but there’s usually £600 buyers premium on top - might as well go for a brand new one I thought for the sake of saving a few ££

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0$T View Post
    Well that's confirmed it. Read online via Facebook that a customer collected 10XXX, assistant reckons they will stop it at 15000. Was looking forward to another green model or some sort, was hoping a Green GMT or the 58, regardless they will continue to sell thousands more of this.
    Facebook?

Must be true then.......
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Surprised these haven’t been updated to the new master chronometer version. Bit harsh if they haven’t.

These pieces have always been readily accessible to those whose face fits or their spending criteria allows staff to offer specific buyers a chance to purchase one pretty much the same with any seemingly unobtainable piece.. also having the Harrods Black card gets you certain privileges and taken seriously..at their height they must of had countless chancers calling in or visiting the store every day just hoping to flip a quick profit..the limited numbers has always been just rumour it was originally 700 and they are already in the thousands..maybe when production is ended if ever they may have a following again I have a couple put away for my grandchildren for when they are 21.

Master
    They are nice. I'm very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Surprised these haven’t been updated to the new master chronometer version. Bit harsh if they haven’t.
    Maybe because they were all produced in one big batch?

Craftsman
    Looks like you can buy them on the harrods website

It's been almost 6 years since they first announced it and began selling the original 100 pieces. I think its about time they retired this model and bring something new and green out. Possibly a green Dial chrono or maybe a Green Bezel GMT?

Master
    Wish they would offer the BB58 in Harrods colours. Or update it to the new master chronometer BB41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Looks like you can buy them on the harrods website

The Tudor desirability was always riding on the coat tails of Rolex. They're all in the windows now.

My local AD is doing a tudor popup store in October with 30 BB58 bronze on bracelet available to buy on the spot... the supposed boutique only edition. Fact is they cant get rid of them.
    Tudor is an ok first proper watch or exam gift. Be sure to get a discount though.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    The Tudor desirability was always riding on the coat tails of Rolex. They're all in the windows now.

My local AD is doing a tudor popup store in October with 30 BB58 bronze on bracelet available to buy on the spot... the supposed boutique only edition. Fact is they cant get rid of them.
    Tudor is an ok first proper watch or exam gift. Be sure to get a discount though.
    It’s so frustrating as when they get it right, it’s superb (BB58, Pelagos etc.).

For me, most of the range always has a form of compromise which leaves me cold. If they’d have executed them with the small changes which most seem to point out (Thickness, movement choice, legibility of hands) then I think they’d be in a much stronger position without needing the Rolex connection.

This is now available to buy online. Delivery or click and collect.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This is now available to buy online. Delivery or click and collect.
    TRF members less than delighted with the condition of theirs on arrival (a bit of a hassle given they're in the US).
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=919966&page=4

Craftsman
    Some interesting updates here regarding availability and issue numbers.

In the meantime…

Last edited by Progressive; 7th October 2023 at 18:29. Reason: Tidy up.

Craftsman
    A green BB58, i'd be all over it. I had one of these but owned BB58 at the same time, couldn't gel with its size in comparison to that so it got moved on.

Craftsman
    I've taken a notion for a tweed strap as I'm not a fan of the OEM bracelet, and have bored myself of the rubber and leather straps I've been using. Has anyone had a tweed strap on a Harrods? Keen to see how it would look as it works in my head, but I could be wrong!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    I've taken a notion for a tweed strap as I'm not a fan of the OEM bracelet, and have bored myself of the rubber and leather straps I've been using. Has anyone had a tweed strap on a Harrods? Keen to see how it would look as it works in my head, but I could be wrong!
    Any photos of yours on those rubber / leather straps, please? Always after some inspiration, as I’ve not yet found my preferred alternative to the bracelet!

Craftsman
    I can't find a wrist shot photo of the leather, but these are from when I swapped it over. I think I'd prefer the leather a bit more if I could get 1 which curved at the lugs;

I only got a cheap rubber (turned out to be silicone) just to see if I liked it- the fitment is terrible though! But I have another ordered as I think it looks OK. The last photo is my inspiration from Google.

The funny thing is when I see a photo like the post above of the bracelet, I think it looks really fresh on it. I don't think it looks as good in real life though.

Craftsman
    Thanks Lyons! Always happy to see more real world shots of the Harrods.

Craftsman
    Likewise!

You’ve put me in the notion to try it on the leather strap again. Would be handy to have second clasp though- 1 less thing to swap over.

Craftsman
    My best attempt on leather so far: