closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LG oled55b7v set up

Hybrid View

LG oled55b7v set up

I got the oled55b7 last week from richer sounds.
    Problem is our family are still debating the best picture settings
    One day we are happy then we spend a hour messing about with settings
    Any advice or opinion welcome please
    Andy

Turn off all the picture enhancement settings, back off sharpness to it's lowest, set picture to 'natural' not 'vivid', set the brightness and contrast so you can see detail in a black jacket e.g.creases in the sleeve. Don't whack the contrast too high and look for natural colours in flesh tones, grass etc.
    Last edited by Rod; 14th November 2017 at 22:04.

I believe THX certified blurays have a screen that aids picture set-up if you have any

Master
    There’s advice on colour setings from very clued up av people online i think. I struggled with getting the colours etc right on my LG tv a few years ago and it’s been set since. I’ll have a look to see if i’ve got the site saved anywhere.

Craftsman
    http://www.avsforum.com/ But they can only take you so far without calibration equipment. Every TV is a little bit different, which is why the adjustments are there in the first place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm3 View Post
    Every TV is a little bit different, which is why the adjustments are there in the first place.
    So why don't they sort them before they leave the factory?! This is the TV I want. Looked at Samsungs a few weeks back and the salesman said they could supply a £50 DVD to calibrate. Seems bizarre to sell you a brand new expensive TV with no decent default setting.

Red face

With a TV of that quality it's worth spending another £250 to get it professionally ISF calibrated. Makes a significant difference and you won't have to play around with any settings ever again. :)

A good calibrator will calibrate for all your usual sources (e.g. Sky HD, Blu-ray, Netflix, 4K, etc.). I had my 55E6 done a few months back and am very impressed.

Thanks guys the advice. Ironic thing is the oled b7v was £1700
    And I also got 2 other TVs for the kitchen and bedroom and they were £600. But they seem spot on
    After hyping up the oled to my Mrs I feel a bit deflated to be honest after seeing it in the richer sounds showroom where it looked amazing

Try these:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/...-oled/settings

I used this site last year when setting up my B6 and have been happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    With a TV of that quality it's worth spending another £250 to get it professionally ISF calibrated. Makes a significant difference and you won't have to play around with any settings ever again. :)

A good calibrator will calibrate for all your usual sources (e.g. Sky HD, Blu-ray, Netflix, 4K, etc.). I had my 55E6 done a few months back and am very impressed.
    If I'd spent £1700 on a TV I wouldn't want to spend £250 (15% of it's cost) on getting it calibrated.

Why do they need calibration - even if every TV is (and I imagine only marginally) different it could be done during testing at the factory and those sources are hardly unique?

I don’t want want to spend £200plus to make my Tele work how I saw it in the showroom when the salesman sold it to me after forking out £1700
    Also I’ve noticed the lip sync is out a lot of the time. The sound comes out before the lips move

Craftsman
    Turn off the Dolby Atmos settings, unless of course you have an Atmos theater that you're using the TV in. That shpuld take care of the sync trouble.

Red face

But it's SO worth it, especially for a TV that you may keep for a few years. ISF calibration needs to be done with the TV in its natural viewing environment - not at the factory. It theoretically produces the best picture quality that your panel is capable of producing (great 'depth', fantastic colour, 'pop' and shadow detail, etc.). Look at it like a pre-service of a TV which will then never need to be serviced again. :)

I'm not an ISF calibrator, by the way... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I don’t want want to spend £200plus to make my Tele work how I saw it in the showroom when the salesman sold it to me after forking out £1700
    Also I’ve noticed the lip sync is out a lot of the time. The sound comes out before the lips move

Settings are very subjective so just set it up how you like it. In my experience you'll get used to it and will seem fine after a while.

What do you expect the dealer to do - the TV is working - if you can't decide which settings you/family like that's down to you.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 15th November 2017 at 12:22.

Craftsman
    Just bought the 55B7V from Curry’s. £1490 with discounts. Still more than I’d like but hoping the Oled is worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    Just bought the 55B7V from Curry’s. £1490 with discounts. Still more than I’d like but hoping the Oled is worth it!

That’s a fantastic price.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I dont think that price includes the £250 set up fee :D

Did you manage to get your settings more to your liking len?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I dont think that price includes the £250 set up fee :D

Did you manage to get your settings more to your liking len?
    Yes mate
    I put a comment on trust pilot like some one suggested and within an hour richer sounds called me and helped me set it up

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    That’s a fantastic price.
    Currys are currently doing it got £1349.10 online (with voucher code LSTV10) so you might want to have a word about that.

I bought the 55E7 for £1499 on Friday night (from Peter Tyson) but that deal has finished, I think.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Currys are currently doing it got £1349.10 online (with voucher code LSTV10) so you might want to have a word about that.

I bought the 55E7 for £1499 on Friday night (from Peter Tyson) but that deal has finished, I think.
    Just checked and they’ve removed that LSTV10 code. So £1499 less another 5% via Quidco. Great deal anyhow.

...but hoping the Oled is worth it!
    It is.

My LG OLED knocks the spots off my old Panasonic plasmas.

£1499 at richer sounds with 6 yr guarantee

Those are some great prices for the B7. The B6 was more like £1800 or so this time last year. They’re obviously getting production costs down (especially given the weaker £).

I’d like to see smaller size OLEDs (for a “bedroom size” tv), but I’m not sure that’s going to happen anytime soon.

I've been very happy with my B6, which I got for £1599 a year ago. The prices now for the B7 and E7 are excellent.