closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2018

Yet another great day of racing, and some crazy crashes.
    It's just a matter of time...

Kornfeil's jump over Bastiannini's bike in Moto 3 - Just amazing

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-2...3-race/9782870
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Kornfeil's jump over Bastiannini's bike in Moto 3 - Just amazing

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-2...3-race/9782870
    Also available on motogp.com (vidlink) along with Cal's massive highside in QP...vidlink...MM's variations at turn 3...vidlink...and more.

Master
    Yikes... just seen the Pirro crash, he’s a lucky boy it was massive

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Yikes... just seen the Pirro crash, he’s a lucky boy it was massive

Yikes indeed...both shoulders dislocated plus other injuries (quite probably). Off to hospital to be assessed and worked on: YouTube.

Ouch! I guess he’ll not be racing on Sunday but if it’s only dislocated shoulders no doubt he’ll want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Ouch! I guess he’ll not be racing on Sunday but if it’s only dislocated shoulders no doubt he’ll want to!
    The medic says it's likely that there are more injuries: MGPlink, with video.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The medic says it's likely that there are more injuries: MGPlink, with video.
    I was getting worried that no updates on MP's condition might presage bad news. However, according to the translation of an Italian site posted this morning, a full scan did not reveal any major complications and Michele is very keen to get back to the track. His doctors have other ideas and intend keeping him under observation today and so the hope is that he can return to Mugello to encourage Dovizioso and Lorenzo from the pits on Sunday.

Pedrosa leaving Honda at the end of the season, the merry go round starts here!

I’ve no idea who they’re likely to replace him with.

Master
    Jonny Rea is being mentioned and he has said there's a factory MGP offer on the table, although it could be a ploy by his management to get a better contract from Kawasaki. Alberto Puig has already ruled out the Repsol seat yet the rumours continue...

I can’t see Johnny Rae getting the seat, WSB/Moto gp never seem to cross over successfully and he’s a Kawasaki man, not Honda.
    I’d like to think Crutchlow would have s chance but he’s already supposedly on a works bike so it’s a bit pointless him moving.

Maybe someone from moto2?

Craftsman
    I can’t see Johnny Rae getting the seat, WSB/Moto gp never seem to cross over successfully and he’s a Kawasaki man, not Honda.
    I’d like to think Crutchlow would have s chance but he’s already supposedly on a works bike so it’s a bit pointless him moving.

Maybe someone from moto2?
    Lorenzo is confirmed as the replacement for DP

Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    Lorenzo is confirmed as the replacement for DP
    Interesting. I can’t see him beating MM though.

As the recent transitioners from Honda to Ducati have all said, “wow the Ducati is so much easier to ride” it’ll be very interesting to see what Lorenzo does on the Honda...

This SIC satellite Yamaha team seems far from a done deal, and Marc VDS no longer looks set to implode

Petrucci is stepping up to the factory Ducati team

Looks like Redding is out at Aprilia and Iannone is in

Malaysian guy (brain fade on his name) is staying with Tech3 and will partner Oliveira on the KTMs (Oliveira might very well a future star IMO)

Zarco and Pol will be the factory KTM team

Mir and Rins at Suzuki

The music’s stopped and it looks like Smith, Redding and Pedrosa don’t have rides for next year, with their only lifeline being an as yet non-existing satellite Yamaha team or possibly a satellite Ducati

It’s a shame Vinales is tied to Yamaha for the next 2 years, he’s not making it work for him, won’t stop complaining about it and I’d rather see Pedrosa on that bike!

Master
    Oh Lordy Lordy....check out Marquez save from FP4 today... 160 KPH front tyre completely gone, saved on his knee.. look at the angle of the front wheel

Oh Lordy Lordy....check out Marquez save from FP4 today... 160 KPH front tyre completely gone, saved on his knee.. look at the angle of the front wheel

Just a normal day at the office for MM!

The guy is outstanding in a group of outstanding riders!

Bit of a temper though!

Great save - just incredible.

I'm hoping to see Pedrosa on a semi factory Yamaha- I think it would be good for both parties, and good for the sport!

MM is just unbelievable.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Well Lorenzo again, making it look easy, every lap 1:40, 1:40 and so on. Consistency personified...

I wonder if he’s regretting his decision to leave Ducati??

Well Lorenzo again, making it look easy, every lap 1:40, 1:40 and so on. Consistency personified...

I wonder if he’s regretting his decision to leave Ducati??
    I’m not sure that it was his decision!

Master
    If it wasn’t... then someone at Ducati might end up with egg on his face😈😈

If it wasn’t... then someone at Ducati might end up with egg on his face
    To quote Keith Huewen on BT Sport today, “red faces at the red team!”

He could easily have stayed if he wanted to - but that would have required a commitment to the project for a much reduced salary.

I believe he’ll be earning €4M with Honda as opposed to the €12M he’s currently on at Ducati so he’s taking a much reduced salary anyway.

For that he gets to save face, join the team with the biggest research budget, and be on the best current bike.

Still probably twice what they were paying Dani.

That's an aggressive first lap...

Update Methinks Honda doth protest too much...
    Last edited by PickleB; 1st July 2018 at 13:21.

What a classic!

I need to calm down after that. Oh...no problem, F1 is next. It's a good job I can liven that up by watching the Red Bull Rookies in tandem.

Update That said the start in Austria was spectacular and things seem to be going on in the subsequent laps.
    Last edited by PickleB; 1st July 2018 at 14:31.

Brilliant racing. Some really tough, but just about fair moves from pretty well the whole leading group.
    Like a much faster Moto 3 race.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

Dani Pedrosa announces retirement.

Just ahead of the German GP, my favourite Moto GP rider has announced 2018 as his last season in GP.

I’d hoped he’d move to a new team, but Dani has decided to call it a day, can’t blame him after some of his horrible injuries.

I always thought Dani came across as a Gent, a clean and skilful rider. Hope he gets one last win before the end of the season, but I suspect it’ll be unlikely...

Craftsman
    I wish he'd gone to Yamaha, a bike that probably suits his style better after developing the Honda around MM's loose style. I'm not sure if they could guarantee a full factory bike though. Anyway I think he said it's his drive (pardon the pun) to race anymore and without that it doesn't matter what's underneath you.

Master
    Yep, he’s had a great career, and it’s obvious he’s well respected by his rivals. Pity he never won the big prize, but no shame in that.. there are plenty of other fantastic riders that never got it either. Mamola, Cadalora, Capirossi, Checa, Biaggi Melandri and Barros to name a few....

Just ahead of the German GP, my favourite Moto GP rider has announced 2018 as his last season in GP.

I’d hoped he’d move to a new team, but Dani has decided to call it a day, can’t blame him after some of his horrible injuries.

I always thought Dani came across as a Gent, a clean and skilful rider. Hope he gets one last win before the end of the season, but I suspect it’ll be unlikely...
    Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    I wish he'd gone to Yamaha, a bike that probably suits his style better after developing the Honda around MM's loose style. I'm not sure if they could guarantee a full factory bike though. Anyway I think he said it's his drive (pardon the pun) to race anymore and without that it doesn't matter what's underneath you.
    Yep, he’s had a great career, and it’s obvious he’s well respected by his rivals. Pity he never won the big prize, but no shame in that.. there are plenty of other fantastic riders that never got it either. Mamola, Cadalora, Capirossi, Checa, Biaggi Melandri and Barros to name a few....
    It’s a bit of a shame, as I think Dani would have gone very well on the Yamaha and surprised a good few people too - but when you’ve been with Honda for around 20 years, are you going to spoil that legacy by a few more years on another manufacturer? I think he will be happy to continue to be associated with Honda in his retirement like quite a few other riders.

15 laps to go and They're all cruising...could be an interesting last few laps.

Edit What's going on at Yamaha?
    Last edited by PickleB; 5th August 2018 at 13:25.

Craftsman
    Anyone going to Silverstone ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Anyone going to Silverstone ?
    Can’t stand the place..... used to go to MOTO GP every year when it was at Donington...

Can’t stand the place..... used to go to MOTO GP every year when it was at Donington...
    Yes, me too. Silverstone is not the best track to watch the MotoGP at though :( The Spanish rounds are much better, and usually warmer and worth fitting in a short holiday for.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Yes, me too. Silverstone is not the best track to watch the MotoGP at though :( The Spanish rounds are much better, and usually warmer and worth fitting in a short holiday for.
    That’s why I’ll be riding to Aragon in a few weeks. In the mean time I will be at Silverstone on Sunday with JCB hospitality, providing my plane doesn’t get delayed coming home on Saturday night !

Master
    Marquez....

It's not looking good at Silverstone:

RACE DIRECTION UPDATE ⚠️ Racing can only take place today under safe conditions, there is no option to hold the #BritishGP tomorrow. A decision on if and when will be made ASAP

Met Office link.

I missed all of yesterdays FP, QP etc and am just catching up. Here's hoping that the surgery on Tito Rabat's leg went well and he makes a full recovery, hopefully a speedy one too.

Update: Rabat undergoes successful surgery.
    Last edited by PickleB; 26th August 2018 at 13:19.

Oh well:

RACE DIRECTION UPDATE ⚠️

Unfortunately, after consulting with IRTA Officials, #MotoGP, riders teams and Dorna, the #BritishGP is cancelled.

Does anyone know the last time this happened...anywhere, please?

Craftsman
    I don't know the last time it happened at a newly surfaced track that cost millions that still holds water and has bumps and dips big enough for the riders to complain about. What a disgrace and embarrassment. The company responsible should be taken to court.

Master
    Interesting interview with Max Biaggi.... he couldn’t understand how a circuit that runs F1, and has been resurfaced a number of times over the years, has such poor drainage... especially a circuit in the UK...

He makes a valid point

Apparently race direction cancelled the race because of a limited supply of snorkels.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Interesting interview with Max Biaggi.... he couldn’t understand how a circuit that runs F1, and has been resurfaced a number of times over the years, has such poor drainage... especially a circuit in the UK...

He makes a valid point
    Oh man, what a disgrace.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Oh man, what a disgrace.
    On the plus side it gives you something else to beat the Brits with...👍👍🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

On the plus side it gives you something else to beat the Brits with...

It is not like it never rains in Britain and it did not even rain thát hard at all.

And yes, I have no intention of denying that it also made me almost chuckle that the self acclaimed (mistakenly) home of racing can´t get the track right for the quite normal conditions.
    Overall I was rather bemused though as I feel way more sorry for the fans and most sorry for Tito.

If thís cannot be called a disgrace, than what can?!

And so it begins...MotoGP boss blames new Silverstone track:

The circuit's managing director, Stuart Pringle, added: "All the work we have done here to make Silverstone a better place for motorcycle racing has been done with the best of intentions.

"We will be making further investigations into this matter immediately after the Bank Holiday to understand whether our newly resurfaced track played a part in today's inability to stage races..."

I wonder what the actual cost will be. Are there refunds? Will this give Bernie more ammunition to move F1 out of Britain? What about lost advertising revenue for the TV channels as people switched off? And the advertisers and fans who will stay away next year?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

At least at Donington the rain always ran nicely downhill at Craners