closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jean Lassale thin quartz - repair

Jean Lassale thin quartz - repair

A friend of mine has the above watch and wants to get it repaired for sentimental reasons.

it’s been to Simon Freese and a couple of other watchmakers but all have returned it undone due to no parts available. It might even have been to Seiko, as Jean Lassale were originally part of Seiko Group.

Can anyone suggest any other avenues we could try please, either to repair the existing movement or fit a suitable replacement?

The existing movement is marked 7779A Japan, and the watch has MC007 on the caseback.

Thanks.

A search on Ebay suggests there are donors available (some at eye-watering prices) but it's obviously a lottery and may require a couple of iterations to get what you need. Has anybody explained what exact parts are required? I can see, for example, one in the link below but if your mate's watch also has a calendar issue etc...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176326907041

Best to set up some Ebay saved searches and be patient - I'd certainly struggle to pay low hundreds for a loose quartz movement. Also maybe watch some of the Japanese reseller portals.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.