closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2917

Thread: The perfect strap - watch combination THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It started life as the SNE499P1, but it’s evolved a bit since then.

More info in this thread …

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Solar-Tuna-Mod

z
    Thanks - really like the build, as you said in the thread - Seiko should have done it!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Joseph Bonnie olive Tropic.
    Having mastered the dental floss technique I can see this being treated to a variety of straps.

Strong combo V, looks great

Master
    Both these arrived today. Looks rather wonderful I think. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Both these arrived today. Looks rather wonderful I think. :0)

That looks classy....congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Joseph Bonnie olive Tropic.
    Having mastered the dental floss technique I can see this being treated to a variety of straps.
    Looks good. Do love shades of olive and brown on tool watches and divers

Craftsman
    Not sure if perfect but I do like it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    That looks classy....congrats!
    Thanks kindly!

Nailed it!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like that Jon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Nailed it!

What tool did you use to change the strap ?

Pick axe?

See bottom left strap damage.
    Last edited by matt; 4th August 2022 at 09:46.

The perfect strap - watch combination THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I really like that Jon.
    Too much of a contrast with the orange IRL Celia.

I bought it for the Sub (41mm) for this look, but it’s neither the correct colour or fitment.

Last edited by Jon Kenney; 4th August 2022 at 10:06.

Master
    Love this on my seiko. The colours pair well with the blue bezel and silver dial.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Too much of a contrast with the orange IRL Celia.

I bought it for the Sub (41mm) for this look, but it’s neither the correct colour or fitment.

I suspect you are unlikely to be mugged for your watch in London though.

I swapped out the bracelet my Samurai came on for this FKM Waffle one from Zuludiver and it's basically killed all desire to change it for anything else. Never even bothered with a Nato (although this is partially because it's a 22mm lug width and most of my straps are 20mm).

^^ nice. Put the same (albeit black) on my GS diver and it is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Obviously this is the perfect combo…

Last edited by notenoughwrists; 10th August 2022 at 17:52.

That IWC is a damn sight better than some of the efforts in this thread!

Love the simplicity of this combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post

I actually bought the nato as a bit of a joke/practical cheap strap as am in hotter climes and sweating through the lovely standard strap… but turns out the colour scheme is excellent, far better than the photos!

Love it. Although that Explorer is a STATEMENT!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    This has been my favourite over this summer by far. My 5212a on a blue suede with offwhite stitch.

Big fan of that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I suspect you are unlikely to be mugged for your watch in London though.
    Depends what part of London

Master
    Damn right, there are some serious Howlers on this 'The Perfect strap' thread
    I recall you picking up on some duffers here before Qatar-Wal

a camo leather on a moon watch... come on!
    Not Sure if Jon is being serious or not but that pink rubber needs to be handed back to Mrs K. asap

Blue suede on Patek and The Tudor North flag is where it's at

Master
    Something a little different.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Just got one of Eddie's lovely navy blue NATOs. I think the combo is perfect!

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gregwhitehouse View Post

Like that a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gregwhitehouse View Post

Like that a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    I may well get drunk tonight and have another go at calling a spade a spade. Until then, here's evidence of my good taste and style - an EO strap on my Zenith.

This has been my favourite over this summer by far. My 5212a on a blue suede with offwhite stitch.

I think this is my favourite of the whole thread, different enough to not be boring but it suits the watch perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    What tool did you use to change the strap ?

Pick axe?

See bottom left strap damage.
    It was like that when delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post

a camo leather on a moon watch... come on!
    Not Sure if Jon is being serious or not but that pink rubber needs to be handed back to Mrs K. asap

Blue suede on Patek and The Tudor North flag is where it's at
    There’s no such thing as the perfect strap, and has been said, some of the pairings are bloody awful. So a bit like the Good Plate thread (it isn’t) I’m just going to the extreme and opposite of perfect/good.

But I’m happy to be ripped a new one if Walt sees fit to.

I may well get drunk tonight and have another go at calling a spade a spade. Until then, here's evidence of my good taste and style - an EO strap on my Zenith.

Oh, I like that a lot. Unexpected but we’ll executed. Looks very nice

Thank you very much - it's nice, isn't it?

OK, I'm half a bottle in, so let's put on The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers and offend someone!

From the top, verv's Seiko is fine. A good match for the watch, not my choice, but fine. I actually think the green looks a bit... cheap? Like it's been given away with Eagle comic.

Filterlab's Tissot. Colours are OK, although I've never liked striped NATOs. But it's a dressy watch with a utilitarian strap, and that's a bad match. (That kind of mismatch between the strap and the watch is going to be a common complaint of mine.)

vekslak - let me help you out there. No. Not perfect. That you like it is great! Shoot for the moon! But it's a terrible match for the watch, and ignores much of the heritage that the Moonwatch carries. (I know, I know, we're not beholden to the heritage, but seriously? Camo? Has the Moonwatch ever been a military watch? It shivers at the thought of being close to a washing-up bowl.)

Jon Kenney knows that he's shot himself in the dick there with the pink on the Explorer II - it clashes (as he rightly says) with the orange hand. I actually like the pink on the Sub, and I think it works there - it's playful and fun. "Perfect" strap? No. The perfect strap for most Rolex watches is the Oyster that it came on. But I like the pink.

Stuno1's Seiko? See my previous comment on striped NATOs, but excellent colour choices and material.

Same for Harryb there, with the waffle rubber. Not my choice, but perfectly in tune with the watch. Fine.

notenoughwrists. I like it. Same kind of comments as earlier on the pink rubber. Fun, summer strap, and I like NATOs on IWC chronos. Get a nice old Phoenix grey one on there.

MintG - fine. Looks like it slightly overpowers the watch, but a minor point.

RustyBin5 - I don't love it, but I can really see what you're going for. (Using leather for a NATO seems to my mind to suck some of the utility out of the strap style - you can't swim with it, you can't keep it on in the shower. (Well, you can, but you know what I mean.))

Enrico - is that suede? Hmm. I'm on the fence there - I'm not sure about suede for straps. Even Nomos - to my mind, one of the more interesting brands for straps - can't get that sitting right to me. Lovely watch but it's crying out for a chocolate matt crocodile strap.

Robsmck - I've spoken to you before.

gregwhitehouse - nice match, in terms of colour and style.

On this page, I think Stuno1's Seiko is the closest that any come to perfect, but I'm not unconditionally in love with any, including my offerings. (The EO on my Zenith is comfortable and fits me well, but I can see some taking offence at a diver strap on a 100m WR chrono. And my ExII is just fun.)

The only reason I'm piping up at all is that this thread is titled the "perfect strap" - there are lots here that may be favourites of the posters, but very few perfect straps here. Posting in this thread is inviting criticism, so hope you liked it!
    Last edited by Qatar-wol; 14th August 2022 at 23:21.

Ha ha - great!

This is spurring me to really find that perfect combo now!
    Will work on the IWC and see if any of my others are up for the challenge

Master
    None taken like Walter.
    TBF I receive weekly criticism from Nev on my strap choices, so it's water off a duck's.......
    But. I feel this one is more mainstream.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Robsmck; 15th August 2022 at 08:19.

Master
    Thank you very much - it's nice, isn't it?

OK, I'm half a bottle in, so let's put on The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers and offend someone!

From the top, verv's Seiko is fine. A good match for the watch, not my choice, but fine. I actually think the green looks a bit... cheap? Like it's been given away with Eagle comic.

Filterlab's Tissot. Colours are OK, although I've never liked striped NATOs. But it's a dressy watch with a utilitarian strap, and that's a bad match. (That kind of mismatch between the strap and the watch is going to be a common complaint of mine.)

vekslak - let me help you out there. No. Not perfect. That you like it is great! Shoot for the moon! But it's a terrible match for the watch, and ignores much of the heritage that the Moonwatch carries. (I know, I know, we're not beholden to the heritage, but seriously? Camo? Has the Moonwatch ever been a military watch? It shivers at the thought of being close to a washing-up bowl.)

Jon Kenney knows that he's shot himself in the dick there with the pink on the Explorer II - it clashes (as he rightly says) with the orange hand. I actually like the pink on the Sub, and I think it works there - it's playful and fun. "Perfect" strap? No. The perfect strap for most Rolex watches is the Oyster that it came on. But I like the pink.

Stuno1's Seiko? See my previous comment on striped NATOs, but excellent colour choices and material.

Same for Harryb there, with the waffle rubber. Not my choice, but perfectly in tune with the watch. Fine.

notenoughwrists. I like it. Same kind of comments as earlier on the pink rubber. Fun, summer strap, and I like NATOs on IWC chronos. Get a nice old Phoenix grey one on there.

MintG - fine. Looks like it slightly overpowers the watch, but a minor point.

RustyBin5 - I don't love it, but I can really see what you're going for. (Using leather for a NATO seems to my mind to suck some of the utility out of the strap style - you can't swim with it, you can't keep it on in the shower. (Well, you can, but you know what I mean.))

Enrico - is that suede? Hmm. I'm on the fence there - I'm not sure about suede for straps. Even Nomos - to my mind, one of the more interesting brands for straps - can't get that sitting right to me. Lovely watch but it's crying out for a chocolate matt crocodile strap.

Robsmck - I've spoken to you before.

gregwhitehouse - nice match, in terms of colour and style.

On this page, I think Stuno1's Seiko is the closest that any come to perfect, but I'm not unconditionally in love with any, including my offerings. (The EO on my Zenith is comfortable and fits me well, but I can see some taking offence at a diver strap on a 100m WR chrono. And my ExII is just fun.)

The only reason I'm piping up at all is that this thread is titled the "perfect strap" - there are lots here that may be favourites of the posters, but very few perfect straps here. Posting in this thread is inviting criticism, so hope you liked it!
    I'm sure everyone appreciates this in good humour.

I hope so. One more - a similar EO, this time, in 24mm.

This arrived in the post this morning for my 2006 Seamaster SMP 2531.80.00, its hardly pushing the envelope but it does give the watch a nice modern update.

Last edited by 97BlackC5; 18th August 2022 at 13:29.

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    This arrived in the post this morning for my 2006 Seamaster SMP 2531.80.00, its hardly pushing the envelope but it does give the watch a nice modern update.

I’ve been wondering about the black version of this for my 2254. How easy was the fit?

Master
    Trying a few others with the 5212A. A Marine blue Ostrich with natural stitch, and an Oxblood Epsom. Both lightly padded.

And the Oxblood Epsom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying a few others with the 5212A. A Marine blue Ostrich with natural stitch, and an Oxblood Epsom. Both lightly padded.

And the Oxblood Epsom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is awesome

1016 on leather straps

Master
    Been looking for the "perfect" rubber strap for my GS diver, turns out it was in my strap box all along! All it took was the removal of the quick release spring bars it came with, and the jamming of the Seiko fat bars in their place!
    Its nice and soft, fits perfectly, and is thick enough so as not to look out of place on a watch this size. Until GS finally put out a 22mm rubber strap with GS buckle, this'll do nicely!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    This is awesome

Treated the Oxblood which brought up some better sheen and suppleness. Here are some pics snapped today. Loving this combo.

Master
    Pretty happy with this & very comfortable- although I know some of you will hate that there are no end links ;)

Here you go - one we can all agree on.

Master
    Here you go - one we can all agree on.

Is a bracelet a strap though?
    Naughty step for you Walt.

I'm somewhat biased to that combo myself though, dodgy endlinks or not
    Last edited by Tuna1138; 23rd August 2022 at 22:10.

Ooh, IS a bracelet a strap? I think you're right, it's not. I accept the bollocking, and will sit out the rest of the day.

And you've just reminded me about the kerfuffle re. the SD4000 endpieces. Damn you. I'd completely forgotten that they don't fit!

I hope it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the watch! *shakes tiny fist*

Master
    Ooh, IS a bracelet a strap? I think you're right, it's not. I accept the bollocking, and will sit out the rest of the day.

And you've just reminded me about the kerfuffle re. the SD4000 endpieces. Damn you. I'd completely forgotten that they don't fit!

I hope it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the watch! *shakes tiny fist*
    I'm sure you won't let it bother you, it doesn't me... It is perfect although not a strap

Keep up your good work here, I appreciate/enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post

A big yes to that stowa flieger bronze combo!