closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 2,901 to 2,926 of 2926

Thread: The perfect strap - watch combination THREAD

  1. #2901
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,204
    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #2902
    That's a really handsome watch. And for about £80, I might have to try one...

  3. #2903
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,204
    IMO the quality outweighs the cost. A really nice little watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    That's a really handsome watch. And for about £80, I might have to try one...

  4. #2904
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    IMO the quality outweighs the cost. A really nice little watch.
    You're not kidding. I was thinking the handset was particulalrly nicely executed - better than a LOT of much more expensive mainstream brands, but TBF the whole things stands-up to scrutiny. Very reminiscent of the recent Rolex vs. San Martin vid.

    FWIW, that strap looks great on it, too

  5. #2905
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,091
    Wonder how many 'Perfect Straps' for this watch I've posted ITT...?

    Anyway...

    New in today, a sage green, FKM-rubber, curved-end strap which is marketed for one of the variants of the MoonSwatch, which it transpires is a perfect fit for the Damasko, and in my favourite shade of green. £17 on Thiefbay. It's very nicely made, not too thick and pretty supple - without that clammy flabbiness of silicone. It's supplied with a nicely sculpted machined buckle (which I've swapped for a Damasko-branded example), as well as a set of springbars and a strap-changing tool. 20mm lug only.


  6. #2906
    Master gregory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Riding the railroad like a hobo.....
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rally on my Manometro.

    I could never bond with the beige strap that came with it.

    Happier now.




  7. #2907
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,204
    Thoughts on this combo….



    host pictures

    [IMG]host pictures[/IMG]
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 22nd April 2024 at 15:12.

  8. #2908
    Master gregory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Riding the railroad like a hobo.....
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    I had a bracelet (unused) in the box from when I purchased a Monaco but had to send it back because it had ongoing issues which their 'horlogical expert' said was repaired.. and wasn't.

    I just twigged that it's the same lug width as my new piece... so on it goes.

    I'd prefer curved lug ends... but am wondering how it looks? It was in cloudy plastic and I didn't realise it was shiny in parts too.






    Last edited by gregory; 22nd April 2024 at 18:07.

  9. #2909
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,729
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    I had a bracelet (unused) in the box from when I purchased a Monaco but had to send it back because it had ongoing issues which their 'horlogical expert' said was repaired.. and wasn't.

    I just twigged that it's the same lug width as my new piece... so on it goes.

    I'd prefer curved lug ends... but am wondering how it looks? It was in cloudy plastic and I didn't realise it was shiny in parts too.






    Very nice watch but, IMO, that bracelet isn't right for it. I think leather will be hard to beat. Try a Hirsch Heavy Calf to avoid the OEM 'tax'.

    Or this from Watchgecko for a more aged appearance:
    https://www.watchgecko.com/products/...ch-strap-black

  10. #2910
    Master gregory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Riding the railroad like a hobo.....
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    Very nice watch but, IMO, that bracelet isn't right for it. I think leather will be hard to beat. Try a Hirsch Heavy Calf to avoid the OEM 'tax'.

    Or this from Watchgecko for a more aged appearance:
    https://www.watchgecko.com/products/...ch-strap-black

    Thank you for another set of eyes... much appreciated.

    I've gone back with the original Breitling strap in black, though I will peruse the link you sent too.

    Thanks Tom.

  11. #2911
    Two watches and four straps.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #2912
    Grand Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,205


    A Zulu diver flat vent in dark grey with the original gold buckle works quite well I think.

  13. #2913
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,091
    Enjoying this silicone cheapie (£6.34) on my Sinn U1 at the mo -



    For silicone it's pretty good - not a huge dust-magnet, and acceptable colour-density.

    The little metal securing stud instead of the usual restraining loop is a nice touch.

    Came with black buckle which I swapped for a nicer quality Watch Steward one from an unused NATO.

    Slightly irked that the small holes were not actually open to allow ventilation, but being a stubborn sod, I opened out every single one! All 224 of them... #getalife

  14. #2914
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    1,887
    Looks great Earl, wouldn't be too shabby reversed either, top effort on the ventilation

  15. #2915
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    Looks great Earl, wouldn't be too shabby reversed either ...
    Agree it would look good, but the only slight design slip-up is that it has quick-release springbars, so can't really be reversed, though they do make a version with the white on the outside, which I'm tempted to try...

  16. #2916
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Agree it would look good, but the only slight design slip-up is that it has quick-release springbars, so can't really be reversed, though they do make a version with the white on the outside, which I'm tempted to try...
    A shame, but for another £7 worth a punt, good colour match all around. A shame they don't do a black/orange combo.

  17. #2917
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    A shame, but for another £7 worth a punt, good colour match all around. A shame they don't do a black/orange combo.

    Seek, and ye shall find -



    Cheaper too, and no doubt all of these can be found even cheaper on Ali Express for those that don't mind dealing with the wretches...
    Last edited by earlofsodbury; 24th April 2024 at 23:36.

  18. #2918
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Seek, and ye shall find -



    Cheaper too, and no doubt all of these can be found even cheaper on Ali Express for those that don't mind dealing with the wretches...
    Spot on ,thanks. I'll be having one of those,
    Cheers

  19. #2919
    Master davidj54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,459
    This is my Sinn 556a on a green nato. Iím not generally a fan of nato straps but I think it really suits this watch and Iím doing a lot of trekking this year, culminating in the Three Peaks, decided this would be the watch that would accompany me and stuck it on a nato, itís really grown on me. Definitely a great outdoor watch, so robust and legible.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #2920
    Master Tazmo61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,987
    Enjoying this silicone cheapie (£6.34) on my Sinn U1 at the mo

    That's a great looking combination for the price of the strap . Thanks for the link too , I will be taking a look .

  21. #2921
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,091
    That looks very good - and very much like Sinn's own nylon 2-parter, but likely a fraction of its extravagant cost!

    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    This is my Sinn 556a on a green nato. Iím not generally a fan of nato straps but I think it really suits this watch and Iím doing a lot of trekking this year, culminating in the Three Peaks, decided this would be the watch that would accompany me and stuck it on a nato, itís really grown on me. Definitely a great outdoor watch, so robust and legible.

  22. #2922
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post


    I believe that you want something like this! :)


  23. #2923
    Grand Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I believe that you want something like this! :)



    Or a shark skin like thisÖ..

  24. #2924
    Ha, mine's on this -


  25. #2925
    Managed to find an open ended strap to fit my Longines. Most are too thick at the part which folds around the bar. This is a Condor strap which I had to modify by removing the backing between the glued sections. It only comes with a gold buckle so I tried several chrome ones and Iím really loving this double buckle which does away with the keepers on the strap.


  26. #2926
    Master gregory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Riding the railroad like a hobo.....
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Got this on this until tomorrow when my spare Milanese/Mesh links arrive with the postie...



    I think it matches well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information