closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Screwdriver for Omega PO 20mm Bracelet

Question Screwdriver for Omega PO 20mm Bracelet

This is more of a sanity check but would anyone know the correct slotted blade size for an Omega PO 20mm bracelet please?

I think it is 1.8mm wide but then when looking for a blade I saw that there are different thicknesses as well, so I would just like to be sure before I butcher up a screw.

One last question, if a screw is tight (thread locker used) is it correct to apply heat from a clean flame source or just use boiling water?

Grand Master
    A couple of seconds with a naked flame will soften the Loctite, this is essential if damage to screws is to be avoided. As for the screwdriver width, I suggest getting one with a tapered blade and dressing it with a diamond file, owing to the taper this will have the effect of producing a fatter blade tip and a snug fit.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    A couple of seconds with a naked flame will soften the Loctite, this is essential if damage to screws is to be avoided. As for the screwdriver width, I suggest getting one with a tapered blade and dressing it with a diamond file, owing to the taper this will have the effect of producing a fatter blade tip and a snug fit.
    Thanks Paul.

Master
    Have always used a Wera 2035 1.8mm .4mm thick, perfect fit for Omega bracelet screws

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Have always used a Wera 2035 1.8mm .4mm thick, perfect fit for Omega bracelet screws
    Thank-you, that was one of the ones I had short listed :)

Master
    No probs, I’d tried a few before the Wera, definitely the best one for Omega screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Thank-you, that was one of the ones I had short listed :)