closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Erebus Ascent (Jody JOMW brand)

Erebus Ascent (Jody JOMW brand)

Many of you are probably familiar with Jody from Just One More Watch, generally undertaking reviews of value watches at the lower end of the market and IMO one of the most likable Watch YouTubers.

He and his business partner started their own watch brand, Erebus, earlier this year I think. Their first watch was a diver (the Origin), which was a decent attempt but didn’t really float my boat, but there was a very interesting vid where they went to the factory in Hong Kong to see the production process first hand. They’ve just released their second watch, the Ascent, which they claim as a GADA style, and I have say I’m much more impressed with this effort.

I think Jody has alway said this type of watch is his favourite, and I’d say you can tell the Ascent has been developed by an enthusiast. The hand set and case profile remind me a lot of the old Seiko Sarb 033/035’s. A nice touch is the lumed counterbalance on the ‘needle’ seconds hand. According to Jody there is stacks of lume and AR coating. The application of the logo and date frame look good. Crown us screw down, watch is 39mm with 20mm lugs and 11mm thin, with a Miyota 9015 movement.

Bracelets have quick release and on the fly adjustment, comes in J or O style (think we can all guess what those letters represent!). I like the plain enamel dials, but I’m a bit boring like that - there’s also fume, helix and mineral dial options. The enamel dials are £289 + shipping and most likely import duty, which on paper (having never held one in hand) seems to offer very good value. Am definitely tempted to get a preorder to see what they are like.

Anyway just thought I’d share as couldn’t see they’d been discussed anywhere else.

https://erebuswatches.com/collections/ascent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Heeeeelllloooo, and walecum to just one more watch!"

They look quite nice, Grand Seiko vibes.

These are what I call "safe designs". Nothing to see, really.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

I'm tempted by the blue enamel. Decent price even with tax added.
    My hunch is they'll do a GMT with a miyota next.

Thanks for sharing that. I'd never heard of the brand or the person but I've had a look at their shop and I really like a lot of both models they have.

I think that's a little bit harsh. They could have done diver and DJ clones but I feel both models are different enough to be attractive, especially the divers.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    These are what I call "safe designs". Nothing to see, really.

They're definitely 'safe' designs, but I think there's a real value to a safe design executed well at a good price (which this is likely to be). The Origin is also a pretty 'safe' design, and it's a very nice piece (I picked mine up here 2nd hand).
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day