closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 139 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Thought I'd mention the free 'Coin Profit' app (iOS, maybe others) which I use to keep eye on my holdings.

Is pretty basic which I like - some others expect purchase prices etc to be entered whereas this only needs the various holdings.

Craftsman
    Has anybody here actually turned their bitcoin into a huge great lump of good old cash,this is the defining moment that doesn't seem to happen. Happy to be proved wrong and I wish you all good fortune but I wait to see reports.

Master
    Don't be daft. BTC is going all the way to $100k why would anyone sell? Buy more while you can.

Craftsman
    Hanging in there, but getting hammered atm.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Has anybody here actually turned their bitcoin into a huge great lump of good old cash,this is the defining moment that doesn't seem to happen. Happy to be proved wrong and I wish you all good fortune but I wait to see reports.
    I'm using a circle of friends (local dads in the area) as a bellweather at the moment. I would say that out of a dozen of us, 2 are in Crypto. When that flips I will be looking to get out. In the meantime, I will take the initial stake out as I progress. I've been in this too short a time to make a wad of money, but I'll revisit if it happens :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    Don't be daft. BTC is going all the way to $100k why would anyone sell? Buy more while you can.
    There will be some ups and downs before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thought I'd mention the free 'Coin Profit' app (iOS, maybe others) which I use to keep eye on my holdings.

Is pretty basic which I like - some others expect purchase prices etc to be entered whereas this only needs the various holdings.
    I use coinstats on Android - you can even link to Wallets to keep track.

Pre X-mas blip - I bought stuff earlier in the day which i wish I waited for. Lets be honest here 20% swings on smaller Alts is standard. All part of the fun!

The interesting thing with Crypto in general is its a 24hr market, no opening/closing time - keeps you up at night

When do people think its time to jump back in to BTC, below $15.5k....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I use coinstats on Android - you can even link to Wallets to keep track.
    I'd be wary of that TBH. Wouldn't want such an app to have my wallet password.

Anyone here got shares in The Long Island Iced Tea Corp Blockchain Corporation?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...res-blockchain

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I'd be wary of that TBH. Wouldn't want such an app to have my wallet password.
    The API is only to view - but indeed be wary. I do it manually. I like the app for the pie charts :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just a quick heads up for those who can be bothered:

https://www.reddit.com/r/altcoin/com..._what_we_know/

The issue looks legit, for example:

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/201...te-token-sale/

and was just listed on Binance - which is why I got searching.

Once you get Twitter telegram up and running then the bot is 'aelfbot' Just start a conversation and have an ether deposit address ready.

As always, I'm just pointing out something interesting. Due diligence is entirely up to you. Please treat this as the Wild West that it in fact is.

Oh and:

https://grid.hoopox.com/%C3%A6lf_whitepaper_v1.2.pdf

Craftsman
    Signed up for the AELF airdrop. Still under 3000 followers so fingers crossed . As always M4tt, thanks for the finds and guidance.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Some drops this morning, what the hell is going on with LTC and BTC today?

Master
    Blog Entries
    As of now every notable coin (top 30) are. People are panicking. Nothing has changed so unless you bought it purely for the money and didn't research the what it offers I'd stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Anyone here got shares in The Long Island Iced Tea Corp Blockchain Corporation?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...res-blockchain

I seem to remember this type of hysterical thing happening just before the dot com bubble went pop.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    As of now every notable coin (top 30) are. People are panicking. Nothing has changed so unless you bought it purely for the money and didn't research the what it offers I'd stick with it.
    Jup it's all histeria and more herd mentality at the moment.

But I'd love to buy some more BTC (or eth?) to top up, question of when?

still waiting for my coinbase account to be verified but they all do seem to be losing a lot of value, just got a pop up saying you cant sell bitcoin cash until Jan, bet that's annoying if you got them before the boom last week and now cant do anything with the value dropping, down 27% atm

Master
    Just bought more BTC, will go again if it dips near £9k

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I seem to remember this type of hysterical thing happening just before the dot com bubble went pop.
    I was just going to post exactly the same thought. Its complete madness!

Master
    That's what most markets do though and it works both ways.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    still waiting for my coinbase account to be verified but they all do seem to be losing a lot of value, just got a pop up saying you cant sell bitcoin cash until Jan, bet that's annoying if you got them before the boom last week and now cant do anything with the value dropping, down 27% atm
    You can sell them. Just not send them I believe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Just a quick heads up for those who can be bothered:

https://www.reddit.com/r/altcoin/com..._what_we_know/

The issue looks legit, for example:

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/201...te-token-sale/

and was just listed on Binance - which is why I got searching.

Once you get Twitter telegram up and running then the bot is 'aelfbot' Just start a conversation and have an ether deposit address ready.

As always, I'm just pointing out something interesting. Due diligence is entirely up to you. Please treat this as the Wild West that it in fact is.

Oh and:

https://grid.hoopox.com/%C3%A6lf_whitepaper_v1.2.pdf
    I've seen Telegram as an app - is that what you're referring to? Or is it something else?

Banned
    Blog Entries

i bought some mining this week when the BTC was high so well pleased. My short term is 12 months, my long term is retirement. I've only used my profits from buying BTC earlier so don't feel I have lost anything. This is just a market controlled panic to drive down the price before crypto's sky rocket over the following 12 months. Get the short term futures out the way and wait to you see what the trading houses set for their long term predictions. Fun times ahead, just keep buying!!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I've seen Telegram as an app - is that what you're referring to? Or is it something else?
    Yes telegram app. I just did it following the instructions on the reddit post. Just need to join a specific telegram channel provide eth wallet address and twitter handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have. I put in £12k around 6 months back. I have cashed out £16k (wad in my bank the next day) and I have £40k left (was nearly £60k last week)

I won't be selling anymore anytime soon. I only sold the £16k to appease the wife.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I have. I put in £12k around 6 months back. I have cashed out £16k (wad in my bank the next day) and I have £40k left (was nearly £60k last week)

I won't be selling anymore anytime soon. I only sold the £16k to appease the wife.
    That's good going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Yes telegram app. I just did it following the instructions on the reddit post. Just need to join a specific telegram channel provide eth wallet address and twitter handle.

Thanks

I have done well. More than tripled my investments. Cashed out a fair bitabout a week ago.

Will cash back in more in Jan.

I think ETH will be my next focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    i bought some mining this week when the BTC was high so well pleased. My short term is 12 months, my long term is retirement. I've only used my profits from buying BTC earlier so don't feel I have lost anything. This is just a market controlled panic to drive down the price before crypto's sky rocket over the following 12 months. Get the short term futures out the way and wait to you see what the trading houses set for their long term predictions. Fun times ahead, just keep buying!!
    Yep, I think just keep buying. Mostly so far focused on smaller currencies, but I think I'll put some focus on Eth and maybe BCH.

BTC worries me a bit, though I still see it hitting 50k next yr.

How can you guys being so positive about the future of BTC?we’re talking about a 50% drop from the highest value that it achieved a month ago.. I wish I had your confidence

Craftsman
    I've only been following it for a few months and already seen two other similar drops previously. Some say it's crashing, others say it's Friday.

Master
    I've not delved into coinbase that much but can you set stop losses and buy at figures like shares? It changes so fast you'd miss the low buy points and high sell very easily manually.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I've not delved into coinbase that much but can you set stop losses and buy at figures like shares? It changes so fast you'd miss the low buy points and high sell very easily manually.
    I don't think you can on Coinbase, but you can on GDAX which is the trading exchange that Coinbase operate. You can log in using your normal Coinbase credentials. To actually trade, you'll need to transfer funds in or move some of your balances from your Coinbase accounts - both of these are free and instant. You can see a lot more detail on Gdax. You can also then trade ETH for BTC (for example) as opposed to selling for cash and then buying something else.

Master
    I did my first paired trade yesterday - sold some ETH for BTC. The ETH I'd bought a while ago and although it was off the high we saw recently, it still meant I could add BTC to my stack quite easily. The way I looked at it was that I was able to buy into BTC at a lower price - not as low as its dropped today mind you, but still a lot lower than normal.

I'm still learning about this and getting my head round different ways and means to 'take profits' - either by buying more of another coin or actual £ (not done that yet), having not really done this kind of thing before.

So any thoughts or philosophies you guys use or have tried would be good to know about. The main things I'm trying to remember and implement is 'don't be greedy' and 'keep calm'.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    How can you guys being so positive about the future of BTC?we’re talking about a 50% drop from the highest value that it achieved a month ago.. I wish I had your confidence

Only people who invested in like the last 21days have lost anything.

Any of us that were in before that are well in the green.

Dont get me wrong though, its a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    Only people who invested in like the last 21days have lost anything.

Any of us that were in before that are well in the green.

Dont get me wrong though, its a bubble.
    It probably is a bubble, but the bubble will only burst when more people jump onboard. Relatively speaking it is still early adopters who are in at the moment. We suffer as the big players take profit, but should gain after Xmas.

Ask family members if they've heard about bitcoin (they'll probably ask you first tbh) and assess their reaction. The way a friend put it - once your taxi driver is investing in it, it'll collapse.

Craftsman
    I did my first paired trade yesterday - sold some ETH for BTC.

So any thoughts or philosophies you guys use or have tried would be good to know about. The main things I'm trying to remember and implement is 'don't be greedy' and 'keep calm'.

Cheers
    Nice timing, caught that trade perfectly!

I've been paying a bit with eth/btc as even if I get it wrong then worst case I'm stuck with some crypto currency so all good. It's very cyclical so just wait it out. Unfortunately I was expecting btc to roar through $20k so been sat on the wrong side of recent moves, but it'll swing back my way in a month at most (hopefully!)

I bought some Bitcoin and Ethereum last month via Coinbase due to the ease of using the app.

While values are down, I’m not fussed as I’m in it for the long term and ultimately i’m still up.

If and when I want to cash out, should I use Coinbase? I can’t see how to actually withdraw funds as they can’t process back to a debit card. If there’s a better app/exchange, I’d be grateful for some info and if so how do I go about moving them from Coinbase?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    Nice timing, caught that trade perfectly!

I've been paying a bit with eth/btc as even if I get it wrong then worst case I'm stuck with some crypto currency so all good. It's very cyclical so just wait it out. Unfortunately I was expecting btc to roar through $20k so been sat on the wrong side of recent moves, but it'll swing back my way in a month at most (hopefully!)
    Thanks - there's a first time for everything!

I agree that even if it goes the wrong way (ETH - BTC for e.g.) then you still have some assets and it should swing back round soon enough.

I think the last day has probably really brought home the lesson of only invest what you afford to lose. If you'd literally just gotten in with say £1k and lost 30% overnight you'd be feeling a bit sick right now.

I'm going to investigate some trading strategies so that I can learn more about how to view these things. Any pointers gratefully received.

Is anyone also looking at new offerings? If so, how are you evaluating them as they're presented quite slickly?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    I bought some Bitcoin and Ethereum last month via Coinbase due to the ease of using the app.

While values are down, I’m not fussed as I’m in it for the long term and ultimately i’m still up.

If and when I want to cash out, should I use Coinbase? I can’t see how to actually withdraw funds as they can’t process back to a debit card. If there’s a better app/exchange, I’d be grateful for some info and if so how do I go about moving them from Coinbase?
    Whilst I haven't done this yet, if you want to withdraw GBP from your Coinbase account then you need to link a bank account to your Coinbase account. To do this you need to send a SEPA payment to your Coinbase account from said bank account. This will have fees attached.

The other way that people have used is to use Revulot and open a EUR account - very simple - you just click a button. Then use the revolution EUR account to send funds to Coinbase which are fee free I think. That creates the link so you can transfer EUR back and then simply exchange back into GBP via Revolut.

It was detailed a few pages ago on this thread.

Hope that helps.

Whilst I haven't done this yet, if you want to withdraw GBP from your Coinbase account then you need to link a bank account to your Coinbase account. To do this you need to send a SEPA payment to your Coinbase account from said bank account. This will have fees attached.

The other way that people have used is to use Revulot and open a EUR account - very simple - you just click a button. Then use the revolution EUR account to send funds to Coinbase which are fee free I think. That creates the link so you can transfer EUR back and then simply exchange back into GBP via Revolut.

It was detailed a few pages ago on this thread.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, I’ll be less lazy and have a read of the entire thread

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post

Depends when you bought in - 40% down today, but 60% up in the last month alone.

Today has been painful across all my crypto holdings, but I'm still way up, both as a percentage and as a whole. If you bought in at the the all time high, then yes, the last day or so has not been kind to you!

But I'm completely out of LTC, made some nice profit, the founder selling everything is not a good sign.

It was herd mentality on the way up too. People buy and sell for the wrong reasons - greed and fear and they get the timing wrong for the same reasons often. It could still prove a good long term investment , but it's a high risk field.

It’s been a mad few days to be sure

I’ve been using Coinbase for quite a while but it’s a pain when you want sell and withdraw.

I sold BTC last Sunday and have waited until yesterday to get money in account due to delays a few nervous days.

Seemingly the daftness this week has been partially as a result of Coinbase’s own actions knowing BCH (heir apparent) is going to be the thing in 2018 they launched it early without warning and its aledged many of their team managed to buy errr earlier in day which caused a spike and many tried to pile out of BTC into BCH overloading systems and causing others to panic sell BTC seeing profits evaporating, then they halted trading in BCH to investigate insider dealing. A proper mess which wobbled many.

The press who are seemingly being fed Crypto Nightmare stories by the mainstream banks and others daily went into overdrive and a slump ensued which now is seemingly dissipating.

It is by nature volatile and forgive the pun but is being undermined at every opportunity by those who don’t want it to be the future.

I have taken a long term view as if you react to each of these timeline occurrences you’ll drive yourself mad which early on I nearly did

Merry Cryptmas
    Last edited by TKH; 23rd December 2017 at 09:54.

Craftsman
    It was a hodl for me.

I took a gamble and purchased a bit more.

Master
    Blog Entries
    These cyber currencies will fuel the next stock market crash IMHO

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    How?

Craftsman
    Maybe if you view all of that printed money moving into Crypto rather than equities as a cause but I suspect the equities markets are ripe for a fall anyway.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    For those that have looked at ICOs - what methods have you used to evaluate the team; tech etc?

For example, I've been looking at this as I like the idea behind it - https://crypterium.io

I'm aware that there are scams etc. out there as well so obviously want to avoid that too.

But the question is more about evaluation.

I want to have a little money in a few things like the above just to see how they go, but still want to try and select ones that are reasonably solid. How they then get on is a different matter, but a solid foundation is a good start.

Any pointers would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    Hence, whilst I'm also in cash waiting....