closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 58 of 139 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

I predict Doge will be near or past $1 when we all wake up.
    ETH will see $3000 tomorrow too.

Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post

Just a hunch.
    Doge will go to $0.10 before it hits $1.

Just a hunch.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Personally, I'd say that unless you're planning to hold more than £5-10k in crypto, it's far simpler and probably more secure* in some respects, to just open an account like Binance or Coinbase, and leave your "money" there.

I think Coinbase even offer a limited guarantee these days similar to the one you get for £85k with a bank.

If your pot gets big, then it'd be an idea to buy a Nano and transfer them off site.

*Secure in the sense that you can't, lose, break, drop down loo, forget passwords, have dog eat.....the cash if it's sat in your Coinbase account, but you can do all of that if it's on a Ledger or laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Well you are rather limiting yourself to whatever coins they happen to support and their exchange fees of course though I imagine it will all work OK. However, there is no dependency between the various aspects - you can buy on any exchange and still use the Ledger for long term storage.

My main concern with Ledger is they had a data breach last year that has rather turned me against them as a company.

As said elsewhere for smaller values it is really a risk calculation - do you prefer to rely on the (somewhat unpredictable) security and support of a third party vs trusting yourself to do it?

If you are using one of the ‘better’/more recognised exchanges then you can probably have reasonable confidence.
    Thanks for the info.

I have 2 friends, one who bought around £10k worth of crypto and hasn't got a wallet, just stored on Coinbase.
    The other around £1k and bought a Yubikey, I only asked as most of the crypto information that I have read suggests you need a wallet of some kind or risk having your crypto hacked/stolen.

Just a hunch.
    Just watching Elon stutter through a cringeworthy skit about crypto, while Doge tanks to $0.45.

Going according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Just watching Elon stutter through a cringeworthy skit about crypto, while Doge tanks to $0.45.

Going according to plan.

BTFD

BTFD
    GLWT

Master
    That’s crazy Raffe! I must admit buying a little Doge a week or so ago, and I’ve been buying and selling the swings. It’s proving easy money, but I’ll be easing out of it as time passes. It’s clearly a massive pump and dump

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    . It’s clearly a massive pump and dump
    Has that only just occurred to you?

This has to make people also question Bitcoin.

What is incredible is that this fraud is playing out in plain sight.
    Last edited by Montello; 9th May 2021 at 08:12.

DOGE:

27% of all Dogecoins are owned by one account with a balance of 36billion coins, worth about $25 billion as per today. It was created two months before Elon Musk tweeted the first time about Doge in April 2019.

Interestingly, many purchase transactions are for 28.06197100 units of Dogecoin. Gues who was born on 28/06/1971.

Biggest fraud in history. Hundreds of millions of bagholders, one perpetrator.
    This is really incredible. Being played out in the open as well. Remarkable to watch from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    This is really incredible. Being played out in the open as well. Remarkable to watch from the sidelines.
    It is truly something to see.

BTFD
    I hope you didn't buy the dip when you posted this, as it has dropped another 15% since.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post

Has that only just occurred to you?

This has to make people also question Bitcoin.

What is incredible is that this fraud is playing out in plain sight.
    No, it’s been obvious for a long time.

And no, it doesn’t make me question bitcoin. No one player (Satoshi aside, but we’ve had that debate) can affect it very much.

And yes I agree, incredible what EM is currently getting away with

I hope you didn't buy the dip when you posted this, as it has dropped another 15% since.
    My only dabble with the Dogey was to buy last Friday afternoon at $0.28 and sell on Wednesday morning at $0.67.

Only other one I have some of is ETH. Swopped my BTC to ETH a couple of weeks ago. 👍🏼

The £1000 I put into my recently opened Binance account is currently worth £2800.

Just wish I had similar success on the stonks.

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    If it’s a complete and utter gamble with the likelihood of going to zero, there mustn’t be tax payable on gains then?

Gambling is tax free in the U.K. IIRC

Master
    Blog Entries

And yes I agree, incredible what EM is currently getting away with
    I wonder where it stops? Odd that he should act in a way that could discredit the crypto thing given he has a huge chunk in Bitcoin.

If it’s a complete and utter gamble with the likelihood of going to zero, there mustn’t be tax payable on gains then?

Gambling is tax free in the U.K. IIRC
    90% of all stocks go to zero. Are gains on stocks tax-free as well?

Surprisingly, Doge caught a bid in the low 40s and is trading at $0.53 again. It's never easy, never one-way and the market will make sure to catch a maximum number of people in traps.

But volume has been low and I expect bigger sellers above. We will find out, as always.

Master
    90% of all stocks go to zero. Are gains on stocks tax-free as well?
    Are stocks talked about in the same way by the Bank of England as linked above?

Are stocks talked about in the same way by the Bank of England as linked above?
    Why does that matter? I suppose the BoE assumes that stock market investors know about the risk. Which can't be said about all the new crypto investors, especially given all the pumping that happens.

The pump continues:

But the company which SpaceX contracted for the mission has only 11 employees and $1.7 annual revenue...

https://twitter.com/GordonJohnson19/...13159895330823

Like the cartoon above there will always be doubts regarding crypto especially from traditional investors.

I get it must be frustrating if your a seasoned stock market trader watching the financially uneducated rolling in massive gains, some investing just a few dollars and being thousands of percent up a short time after.

I just see it as times change and to keep up you have to move with the times, I don’t think the big players in crypto are going anywhere other than up in the next 10 years, key will be spotting the next BC/ ETH if you want big gains..

How long will this bullrun continue? Ethereum rocketing

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/cr...204306727.html

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    How long will this bullrun continue?
    I have absolutely no idea ... I think the crypto boom has been greatly fuelled by the covid crisis ... a combination of loose money and people stuck at home wondering how they are going to make money has created the perfect storm.

Strikes me the whole gig will only keep rolling all the time new money is flowing in and looking at some of the posts on this site seems people are still buying into the crypto boom.

Clearly there is a redistribution of wealth going on ... I don't see any new wealth being created by any innovation, work or discovery so it is a pure redistribution and some people are doing very well out of it ... but unless the crypto boom finds a way to create value it just seems like a big churn and if you can get on the correct side of that then great but there is a risk that this will all crash at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I have absolutely no idea ... I think the crypto boom has been greatly fuelled by the covid crisis ... a combination of loose money and people stuck at home wondering how they are going to make money has created the perfect storm.

Strikes me the whole gig will only keep rolling all the time new money is flowing in and looking at some of the posts on this site seems people are still buying into the crypto boom.

Clearly there is a redistribution of wealth going on ... I don't see any new wealth being created by any innovation, work or discovery so it is a pure redistribution and some people are doing very well out of it ... but unless the crypto boom finds a way to create value it just seems like a big churn and if you can get on the correct side of that then great but there is a risk that this will all crash at some point.
    Same with Bitcoin, people were screaming its going to crash at 5k then 10k and so on, its just kept going with the odd dip being surpassed quite quickly, ETH surely has to take a dip soon but like BC I can see it powering through to who knows what highs.

Also some of these crypto's have been around quite a long time now and feel established investments, I say feel with a pinch of salt!

Master
    I've got plenty Alt's already a good mix of them, but over 50% of my portfolio is in Bitcoin.

Seriously starting to consider moving my Bitcoin to a selection of Top 10 Alt's which I feel have a lot further to run. If BTC does go to $100k then that's 'only' a 40% gain and expect resistance and consolidation at each $10k marker. Eth has done that gain in the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    I've got plenty Alt's already a good mix of them, but over 50% of my portfolio is in Bitcoin.

Seriously starting to consider moving my Bitcoin to a selection of Top 10 Alt's which I feel have a lot further to run. If BTC does go to $100k then that's 'only' a 40% gain and expect resistance and consolidation at each $10k marker. Eth has done that gain in the past week.
    How do you view ETH future? I have just started and gradually adding small amounts of Cardano, VeChain, and a few others in the hope they have far greater gain potential than the likes of Bitcoin..

Master
    Dfinity launching this evening on several exchanges. I don't remember too many coins getting listed on Binance/Coinbase on day 1

ICP is the ticker

https://dfinity.org/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...internet-video

I'm in as soon as it launches so expect a huge dip!
    Last edited by demonloop; 10th May 2021 at 15:59.

Master
    Dfinity launching this evening on several exchanges. I don't remember too many coins getting listed on Binance/Coinbase on day 1

ICP is the ticker

Watching this one very closely too - and might be an instant top 5 project on listing. I'm holding indirectly via KR1 who were early seed investors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    How do you view ETH future? I have just started and gradually adding small amounts of Cardano, VeChain, and a few others in the hope they have far greater gain potential than the likes of Bitcoin..
    ETH continues to make fresh highs.. all driven by the crazy mad rush in those high risk pump n dump sh!tcoins.. Check SHIBA.. that alone 15x in a week on the DOGE-effect. Lots of other dog-related coins also going crazy with 200% moves EACH DAY!

All of these are driving the need to buy ETH.. so once the music stops.. thats when ETH will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    ETH continues to make fresh highs.. all driven by the crazy mad rush in those high risk pump n dump sh!tcoins.. Check SHIBA.. that alone 15x in a week on the DOGE-effect. Lots of other dog-related coins also going crazy with 200% moves EACH DAY!

All of these are driving the need to buy ETH.. so once the music stops.. thats when ETH will stop.
    Why are these coins driving the need to buy ETH? Please enlighten us terminally clueless.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Why are these coins driving the need to buy ETH? Please enlighten us terminally clueless.
    These small coin projects are all based off the Ethereum blockchain. To buy these tokens, you need to use a decentralised exchange (not the well known Binance, Kraken or Coinbase), and all the purchases need ETH to pay for the transaction fees (which are astronomical atm - like £200 to buy!), and also people would be switching ETH to said sh!t coin above.

I see a punters buying like £500 worth of these coins, pay the £200 transaction fees (round trip could be £400) so you need it to rise 80% just to break even! But SHIBA for instance if you bought £500 a couple weeks ago.. can now be sold for >£500k now.

This is why there's an endless stream of numpties all risking 'throwaway' amounts of money hoping to catch one of these pumps. So far it's working out and that's only driving further numpties into the trade.. Ponzi at its finest.. just don't be the last.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

ICP is the ticker

I just started a Binance account and can't see it on there.

Does sound interesting, pretty sure it's the same idea posited in the TV show Startup.

Master
    It’s listed but there’s none for sale currently. Search for ICP

It’s listed but there’s none for sale currently. Search for ICP
    Oh right. ICP.

I bought my first crypto today - Bitcoin. It appears to be going down.

You're welcome.

Master
    Anyone looked at the Helium coin / project? I’m probably too late to the party, but I like the sound of what it hopes to do. Have bought a few just for interest
    Yes, I’ve been following it closely. I should have a couple of mining hotspots fairly soon.

That's how desperation looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Oh right. ICP.

I bought my first crypto today - Bitcoin. It appears to be going down.

You're welcome.
    Don't look at the Dailys, you'll win in the long term

A guy who works for me bought a whole Bitcoin at around £5k last year, it started dropping and got down to less than 4k so he shat himself and sold the lot making a loss, obviously we don't remind him of the price 12 months later.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Watching this one very closely too - and might be an instant top 5 project on listing. I'm holding indirectly via KR1 who were early seed investors.
    Listed 7th, unheard of as far as I know

Was lucky enough to pick up a few on Coinbase

Really interesting project; tackles one of the biggest problems facing the internet IMO (the dominance of the big players/platforms)

Listed 7th, unheard of as far as I know

Was lucky enough to pick up a few on Coinbase

Really interesting project; tackles one of the biggest problems facing the internet IMO (the dominance of the big players/platforms)
    Does look a solid project and I'll try and get in at some point, I see that its dropped back a fair bit from last night?

Currently I have a Binance and KuCoin account, would you say CoinBase is better? To me it looks like you need several accounts as not all crypto is available on all trading platforms..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Does look a solid project and I'll try and get in at some point, I see that its dropped back a fair bit from last night?

Currently I have a Binance and KuCoin account, would you say CoinBase is better? To me it looks like you need several accounts as not all crypto is available on all trading platforms..
    It's back a bit, volatility expected at the start I suppose

I'm still well ahead, but it's a hold for me for now

I don't like the Coinbase interface, much prefer Binance

It's good to have accounts with several in case a particular coin isn't accessible on your preferred exchange

Relatively new to the crypto, stuff but I like the ICP model, I'm on Binance, cannot figure out how to buy any ICP, any one know?

It's back a bit, volatility expected at the start I suppose

I'm still well ahead, but it's a hold for me for now

I don't like the Coinbase interface, much prefer Binance

It's good to have accounts with several in case a particular coin isn't accessible on your preferred exchange

Quote Originally Posted by hawkit View Post
    Relatively new to the crypto, stuff but I like the ICP model, I'm on Binance, cannot figure out how to buy any ICP, any one know?
    I think you need to use crypto to buy it.

I am a complete noob but that seems to be the case. I'm not sure whether to use bitcoin or something else, watching a video on trading at the minute.

I think I have a grand of Bitcoin now. Some 50 quids in xrp, doge (lol), and Cardano/ADA.

Was going to buy some etherium but it barely dipped.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Well the IT guys I mentioned are now sitting on a 7 figure sum apparently and my colleagues 2k punt is doing extremely well. He’s just in Telcoin but they are spread across a few things apparently. They have been doing this for 2 or 3 years.

When I made this post I considered between a 5k to 10k punt (a punt is what it is as I don’t understand it) and in the end invested £00000. Oh well I’d be laughing now.
    They have literally cleaned up on big time on Telcoin, whereas I bought zero. Even my colleagues 2k punt was actually nearer 3k and he’s just cashed out 25k’s worth and has over half left in.

Snooze/loose and all that.

So with the risk of being shot down in flames....SHIB anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    They have literally cleaned up on big time on Telcoin, whereas I bought zero. Even my colleagues 2k punt was actually nearer 3k and he’s just cashed out 25k’s worth and has over half left in.

Snooze/loose and all that.
    Incredible what some people have made, just having that foresight and belief!

I'm starting to play with small numbers but more importantly I'm trying to learn as much as I can and about crypto projects - whats the worse that can happen, I lose a few quid but hopefully the knowledge is worth it..

I have found my crypto wallet and I know o had a couple of grands worth of telcoin from a few years ago when I gave a tip on here. But I cant remember the logon etc although I do have the bit of paper where you write down all the words to get back into it. I assume the situation is retrievable?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 11th May 2021 at 20:01.

I'm up £5!!

Can't wait to invest more now.