timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,100 of 6927

Thread: Bitcoin

We've mined $3.02 so far today at time of mining, now width $1.992

This is top level investing

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

We are about to suspend mining as only just covering leccy bills, wait for this to blow over if it does

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    We are about to suspend mining as only just covering leccy bills, wait for this to blow over if it does

Which ones are you mining again?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Which ones are you mining again?
    Eth, we quit Raven a while back, nothing appeals at the moment

Panic in cryptoland.

This could be a short-term buying opportunity:

Tempted Raffe?

I might buy some more ADA as its always been a long term investment (gamble), its clawed back a bit now but it feels like there is more dips coming..

Eth, we quit Raven a while back, nothing appeals at the moment

Haven't you heard about the margin explosion that comes with overclocking? Leading crypto miners are currently making a killing.

On a completely unrelated topic, anyone heard about the performance of the J.P. Morgan Cryptocurrency Exposure Basket?

According to my own calculations, it is down by about 20% since inception on 31/03/2021 - while bitcoin has lost 40% and the S&P500 has gained 11% in the same period).

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Tempted Raffe?

I might buy some more ADA as its always been a long term investment (gamble), its clawed back a bit now but it feels like there is more dips coming..
    I have no access to weekend markets since I closed my Binance account. I could have been tempted for a quick 5% bounce (would work out nice with leverage), but wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole in the medium term. I think we will see sub $10k this year in bitcoin.

Cardano was quite the right this week. Others, like FLOKI have completely tanked and have zero liquidity left (was quoted 39/42 for over an hour with trades on both sides of that).

Haven't read the Cardano whitepaper, but have seen numerous warnings by people who are really into alt-coins that it has no value. If anything, check out Luna.

JESUS WILL SAVE US HES ABOUT TO RISE

How does this "leaking" of information work? Is this relevant knowledge for investors? Asking for a friend.

https://www.migodi.com/how-immersion...e-by-up-to-60/

The leak was bad enough they had to officially apologise for it. The leaker disclosed a recorded interview with Argo team members in which they discussed the initial results of their immersion and overclocking tests.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/...ation/15200991

Craftsman
    I have no access to weekend markets since I closed my Binance account. I could have been tempted for a quick 5% bounce (would work out nice with leverage), but wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole in the medium term. I think we will see sub $10k this year in bitcoin.

Cardano was quite the right this week. Others, like FLOKI have completely tanked and have zero liquidity left (was quoted 39/42 for over an hour with trades on both sides of that).

Haven't read the Cardano whitepaper, but have seen numerous warnings by people who are really into alt-coins that it has no value. If anything, check out Luna.
    No trades in floki this weekend. Launching a new contract whilst transitioning to a DAO. There’s circa 20mil of liquidity on uniswap/pancake. The dogs not dead yet. I like that you are now so interested in it though. Any movement in price is purely cross currency from eth and bnb.

On a completely unrelated topic, anyone heard about the performance of the J.P. Morgan Cryptocurrency Exposure Basket?
    It would appear it's being propped up by a couple of chip fabricators/developers. (And Intel ain't one of them.)

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    It would appear it's being propped up by a couple of chip fabricators/developers. (And Intel ain't one of them.)

Yes, I calculated same (-18% since inception).

Well, anything worked better than Argo Blockchain, which at -69% has even underperformed bitcoin by 30%. Quite an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    No trades in floki this weekend. Launching a new contract whilst transitioning to a DAO. There’s circa 20mil of liquidity on uniswap/pancake. The dogs not dead yet. I like that you are now so interested in it though. Any movement in price is purely cross currency from eth and bnb.
    Everytime bitcoin started moving, the Floki bid/offer spread went to 10% today. That does not look very healthy.

I am obviously interested, not only because I have a bet on but because I am trying to understand what you are seeing in it. So far I got no idea why you think it holds any value. We shall see.

Yes, I calculated same (-18% since inception).

Well, anything worked better than Argo Blockchain, which at -69% has even underperformed bitcoin by 30%. Quite an achievement.
    Your broad brush evaluation does not include the fact that in that time they've raised a few hundred million dollars and have built this place. The 69% drop is half down to BTC's decline but half down to the dilution from the raise. That ought to be paid back in spades once Helios gets online in early H2.

https://twitter.com/ArgoBlockchain/s...Cy5bOb9JgpAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Your broad brush evaluation does not include the fact that in that time they've raised a few hundred million dollars and have built this place. The 69% drop is half down to BTC's decline but half down to the dilution from the raise. That ought to be paid back in spades once Helios gets online in early H2.

https://twitter.com/ArgoBlockchain/s...Cy5bOb9JgpAAAA
    That's not how the stock market works, brother.

Today's price reflects the expectation of future developments and if a capital increase tanks your stock, don't raise. The return is real and there is no comeback built into the current operation. They will have to work hard for every penny up, and as long as management shows zero trust into their own future by selling every single share that comes out of lock-up, nothing much will change.

At its current price, the company still has a market cap of £350 milllion and I have no idea how anyone can justify this. For me, Argo is a candidate for the first bitcoin-related bankruptcy among listed companies, with their only competitor for that honour being MicroStrategy. The race is on.

Our mining operation might be first

Craftsman
    Everytime bitcoin started moving, the Floki bid/offer spread went to 10% today. That does not look very healthy.

I am obviously interested, not only because I have a bet on but because I am trying to understand what you are seeing in it. So far I got no idea why you think it holds any value. We shall see.
    The bid offer spread is a function of the exchange margin. They’re just in it to milk volatility at the moment so not surprised the spread is higher. Which platform were you looking at?

Floki trading is suspended on all dex. I think only gate.io is market making but you can’t deposit or withdraw floki tokens until Monday morning utc when the contract upgrade is complete and all holders are dropped new tokens.

The bid offer spread is a function of the exchange margin. They’re just in it to milk volatility at the moment so not surprised the spread is higher. Which platform were you looking at?

Floki trading is suspended on all dex. I think only gate.io is market making but you can’t deposit or withdraw floki tokens until Monday morning utc when the contract upgrade is complete and all holders are dropped new tokens.
    Ah that makes sense then. Bit unfortunate that this happens at a day of increased volatility, or maybe it is even fortunate?

Best of luck.

Craftsman
    It’s been planned for about 2 weeks this contract change.
    The transition to a DAO was announced over a month ago.

At its current price, the company still has a market cap of £350 milllion and I have no idea how anyone can justify this. For me, Argo is a candidate for the first bitcoin-related bankruptcy among listed companies, with their only competitor for that honour being MicroStrategy. The race is on.
    Even to someone as untutored in these matters as myself, there does appear to be some remarkable similarities between the two in the trend lines.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Even to someone as untutored in these matters as myself, there does appear to be some remarkable similarities between the two in the trend lines.
    Sorry but makes no real sense?

If you want to compare two rebased lines, you need to calculate the ratio and not the difference.

The difference would make sense in the MSTR example if you would calculate the value of their BTC stash over time and the outstanding debt and then calculate the value of their crypto portfolio minus debt and compare that to market cap. For Argo I cannot see how any difference calculation would make sense, the value of their actual bitcoin holding is rather small? Though I remember now that they were at one point saying that they were not selling any BTC for the time being but were holding out for higher prices? If that is indeed the case, the portfolio could be (relatively) sizeable and this strategy would obviously lead to further underperformance of the shares. Somebody who can enlighten us, Greg?

Craftsman

I have been mining Eth for years, have a number of miners pushing about 1.75Gh.
    I'm curious, do you believe you are earning less, because the price of the coin being mined is down?

I would be surprised if that is true.

What cards do you have and what hashrate do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    I have been mining Eth for years, have a number of miners pushing about 1.75Gh.
    I'm curious, do you believe you are earning less, because the price of the coin being mined is down?

I would be surprised if that is true.

What cards do you have and what hashrate do you get?
    It's a small operation with 4 3080s, I'm not the techy guy another guy does that and runs the gear , we dont do it for earning a living, it's more a side earner for a guy that worked in IT retired and needed something to keep him busy , hes a clever guy . We are in profit daily but it's small money

That's my face on mine if that helps

Craftsman
    It's a small operation with 4 3080s, I'm not the techy guy another guy does that and runs the gear , we dont do it for earning a living, it's more a side earner for a guy that worked in IT retired and needed something to keep him busy , hes a clever guy . We are in profit daily but it's small money

A tweaked 3080 (assuming it's not the new lhr cards) will do 91.50 Mh
    4 of them will do 366 Mh
    Which currently should make you just under £10 per day.

Generally, bad times in the market are good times for miners. But you are better off sitting on the rewards, rather than cashing in until the coin goes up.

4 of them will do 366 Mh

Generally, bad times in the market are good times for miners. But you are better off sitting on the rewards, rather than cashing in until the coin goes up.
    We got them before they went LHR, stayed up all night for a few nights and sourced them throughout Europe

Yeah it's that low, we still mine ( pool got 60 and 80 Eth blocks recently) just that it's pretty dull at the moment

That's my face on mine if that helps
    I always thought you'd be better looking than that.

I always thought you'd be better looking than that.
    Not my best side

Some gains overnight

Some gains overnight
    That thing looks heavy. If $34k breaks, we'll see below $30k quickly.

It’s been planned for about 2 weeks this contract change.
    The transition to a DAO was announced over a month ago.
    What happened? Did it really flash-crash by 70% yesterday?

I'm not getting out of bed until it's over

Hope you have enough food and drinks?

On a serious not, I bought some equities in expectations of a bounce, but even that just doesn't seem to want to happen. Crypto looks very heavy, better kick off the tether machine soon or this could fall into the abyss.

I'm hodlling until the matrix resets

The race to the bottom continues: Argo -16%, Microstrategy -13%

Place your bets.

He's coming out of retirement

4 of them will do 366 Mh

Electricity now 50% of the mined value , we are close to taking a pause, depends on Poodin and US stocks

All we need is fed resistant to tapering, Omicron disappears , Putin chickens out and inflation to plummet

He's coming out of retirement.
    Hodl your horses. It's not quite that desperate... yet.

Will you leave Schweinsteiger for me please?

Raheem Sterling is 31!

While bitcoin is crashing and dragging my other crypto down like an anchor, I find this thread quite calming compared to the train crash BP Sales Corner thread.

Blog Entries
    All we need is mr musk to speak again about dogelon then it’s to the moon again lol

Craftsman
    What happened? Did it really flash-crash by 70% yesterday?
    No they had an nft sale to mark the start of the new contract.
    All the liquidity has yet to be transferred from the old pool to the new so a bit of buying pressure at 2pm pushed it up and then down as a smaller liquidity pool makes prices more volatile on the dex.

Expect liquidity to migrated within a week and it will all calm down to the usual btc related crashes.

All said an done it’s about 10% lower than close on Friday. Which given the market is to be expected.

Just bought a modest amount of BTC. Surely can't be worse than the absolute hiding I'm taking on SMT and CLOV in my equities portfolio.

No they had an nft sale to mark the start of the new contract.
    All the liquidity has yet to be transferred from the old pool to the new so a bit of buying pressure at 2pm pushed it up and then down as a smaller liquidity pool makes prices more volatile on the dex.

Expect liquidity to migrated within a week and it will all calm down to the usual btc related crashes.

All said an done it’s about 10% lower than close on Friday. Which given the market is to be expected.
    Ehhh... It traded as low as $.000014 yesterday and is about 30% lower than Friday?

Craftsman
    Ehhh... It traded as low as $.000014 yesterday and is about 30% lower than Friday?
    Where did you see that price? Currently trading a bit lower than I thought about 0.000037.

No it’s never been that low this week. I would have bought the dip!

If you’re looking on coinmarket cap the price is weighted wrong due a
    Mixture of trading and non trading exchanges plus the old dex (uni/pancake)

This is a 30 minute chart from Poloniex. More than 3 billion tokens traded during that hour: