closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Looks like another 'Vomiting Camel' might be forming - single humped, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Looks like another 'Vomiting Camel' might be forming - single humped, obviously.
    You must mean a vomiting dromedary, then?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    I maxed out 3 credit cards and bought loads of Bitcoins. I'll be a multi millionaire in the next few months.

See ya... Losers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    I maxed out 3 credit cards and bought loads of Bitcoins. I'll be a multi millionaire in the next few months.

See ya... Losers.
    I know you're joking Eddie, but there are real stories of people re-mortgaging themselves to the hilt to buy Bitcoin.

Ryan

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I know you're joking Eddie, but there are real stories of people re-mortgaging themselves to the hilt to buy Bitcoin.

Ryan
    Trouble is for every winner, there has to be a loser? or am I missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Tron (TRX) has been a lovely little Rider this last period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where is the best place to buy Tron?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Where is the best place to buy Tron?
    I use Binance

RIAC

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

While i have not bought a cryptocurrency yet the way i am looking at it is seeing what services accept a type of currency.
    Since my VPN provider accepts some crypto currencies I would pick one that it accepts.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Everyone still holding on?
    I am but my portfolio is so dead at the minute I've stopped looking at it for now. I'd say I'm about 70% down from my ATH and honestly didn't think the bottom would be so far down... have we hit it yet though??

Did anyone see the advert during the football last night that mentioned blockchain technology a number of times?

Craftsman
    Yea, can't remember what it was, most likely something that'd be far more efficient using a normal database like 99.99% of other Blockchain solutions!

Grand Master
    There’s certainly more marketing and media advertising now I notice around London this year.

It’s a bit of fun that has the potential to be healthy and I’ll admit I couldn’t resist buying another few Eth this morning.

RIAC

Banned

Bitcoin

My £5000 bitcoins are worth £1320 this morning . happy days . I’ve given up checking the values any more , just a steady decline in value over the last few months

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    My £5000 bitcoins are worth £1320 this morning . happy days . I’ve given up checking the values any more , just a steady decline in value over the last few months
    Don’t be disappointed as you might not have timed it as lucky as some but in a few years you may find yourself wishing you got more! Although the golden rule is only throw in what you are prepared to lose

RIAC

Master
    [QUOTE=relaxer7;4809482]I am but my portfolio is so dead at the minute I've stopped looking at it for now. I'd say I'm about 70% down from my ATH and honestly didn't think the bottom would be so far down... have we hit it yet though??[/QUOTE

No, not whilst you can still recoup some of your investment.

Just adopt the attitude of most crypto- investors...”I’m in it for the technology” (never really understood that motto?!)...or “it’s about long term investment”.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    No, not whilst you can still recoup some of your investment.
    Indeed, things can always get worse. :)

Sorry to hear that but imo the hype is over now.

Lot of chat on here just before last Christmas about huge gains and people were piling in on the back of these tales.
    Now people are realising there is nothing there values have dropped like a stone.

Like most pyramid stuff it's great if you get in at the start and of course it is in the interest of early adopters to hype away to keep the golden ball rolling.

I think in years to come people will be amazed at the crypto fad and liken it to the South Sea bubble, tulip mania etc.

That's only my point of view though but one I have held from the start of the hype.

YMMV.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    It’s not a loss until you sell!

Based on my experience with shares, I have learnt on occasions that you are better off selling while you still have something of worth. Although I know nothing about Bitcoin and future values.

Ouch.

If you've been hanging on for the final sell signal, here it is. The Long Island Iced Tea company is re-branding once more and moving on to The Next Big Thing tm - https://cointelegraph.com/news/bever...loyalty-market

Craftsman
    If you can't stand the heat, or if you invested more than you could afford to lose (you greedy opportunist, you), then you are probably blind to the fact that the (BTC) price is bouncing around double what it was this time last year. Historically, the price starts to pick up about now, and then gains momentum through to the end of they year. Of course, I might be wrong, but historically (check the charts) we tend to see repeat trading patterns. Maybe we should crow over those that have their savings in property; negative equity beckons for many with an increase in interest rates and a general slump in the market that is cutting short, or destroying any gains. Cyrpto investments made this time last year have way exceeed any gains that might have had in any property investment, anywhere in the UK. Brothel/crackhouse being possible exceptions.

Whilst its true, there may be less coverage in the MSM than 12 months ago, what was that coverage really for anyway? Hype, and not much actual info. Just enough to get Joe Public salivating and making credit card applications he could ill afford. But that was the point, wasn't it? to create anti-crypto feeling through bad, practical experience. Well done MSM, doing the banks/government bidding as per....So whilst you may not be hearing about it nnow, what you were hearing was of f'all intrinsic value.
    Over the last 12 months huge amounts (100's of millions) have been invested in BTC, payment systems, trading platforms etc and it seems that any business worth its salt has invested in the underlying (blockchain) technology. But thats not as interesting as an opportunity for the MSM to scaremonger (bubble, dont lose your pension, money that you cant hold! etzzz).

Be smart. Don't beleive everything you read, inform yourself and make up your own mind.
    I have retired on crypto, and I'm not a genius, by any stretch, and I don't have an axe to grind (I'm alright Jack) BUT I still maintain we are still on the cusp and crypto hasn't even got started yet. You reading this thread, you are ahead of the curve. As privacy, questionable banking ethics and politcal/governmental destabilisation become more prevalent in our day to day life, the more we will turn to crypto.
    From there, its just a numbers game (Ba-Boom-Tsch!)
    Last edited by Hewjardon; 3rd August 2018 at 20:54. Reason: fat fingered dumb gramma chump

^ 50 quid that bitcoin will be lower in a year than it's today?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    ^ 50 quid that bitcoin will be lower in a year than it's today?
    Knowing that a TZ-UK members word is his bond....
    I'll take that. Coinbase price currently: USD 7399

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    Be smart. Don't beleive everything you read, inform yourself and make up your own mind.
    As privacy, questionable banking ethics and politcal/governmental destabilisation become more prevalent in our day to day life, the more we will turn to crypto.
    From there, its just a numbers game (Ba-Boom-Tsch!)
    I would agree with your thoughts
    RIAC

Knowing that a TZ-UK members word is his bond....
    I'll take that. Coinbase price currently: USD 7399
    Deal

Craftsman
    Deal
    Siri reminder set for 12 months time. Game on :)

One caveat;
    I will pay you in any currency you wish, to the value of GBP50 12 months from now, but I will only accept payment in Bitcoin.
    Please don't see this as a 'wobble', I just think it adds to the mood of the bet, and the underlying principle behind it :)

Siri reminder set for 12 months time. Game on :)

One caveat;
    I will pay you in any currency you wish, to the value of GBP50 12 months from now, but I will only accept payment in Bitcoin.
    Please don't see this as a 'wobble', I just think it adds to the mood of the bet, and the underlying principle behind it :)
    Fine, at today's exchange rate then, to make it a bit of a leverage on the bet?

Craftsman
    Fine, at today's exchange rate then, to make it a bit of a leverage on the bet?
    yup

Master
    I like this definition of crypto currencies:

Everything you don’t understand about money combined with everything you don’t understand about computers.

yup
    50 quid / 5,715 = 0.00875 BTC.

I take real money.

Grand Master
    Would the bet not be more interesting if you were to pay 0.000875BTC if you lose!

As right now that’s worth £50 but that bet gets very interesting from here on in!!

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Would the bet not be more interesting if you were to pay 0.000875BTC if you lose!

As right now that’s worth £50 but that bet gets very interesting from here on in!!

Yes sure, but that's what we agreed. If I lose, I pay 0,00875 BTC, if Hew loses, it will be 50 quid (or even better, EUR 56).

Grand Master
    Great bet

RIAC

Can people on here recommend a good faq or starters guide to buying bitcoin or ethereum?
    A small few hundred pounds only.

Last time i looked it seemed that you needed to upload a scan of your passport (which is the point i balked at.) before buying.

Craftsman
    Know Your Customer (KYC) will always require an upload of ID; p'port, drivers license etc. Unless you can find an exchange in a territory not beholden to money laundering regs.
    The good news is that there are a number of exchanges due to come on-line that will make the whole buy/sell process a LOT easier.
    And if you baulk at providing such personal details, its worth remembering that if you are a Tesco, Talk Talk, Sony Entertainment, Visa etc etc customer, your personal data has already been breached and is already available on a number of dark web sites.......

And a good place to get some FAQ type answers is probably this thread, if you can bear trawling through the whiole thing for the invaluable nuggets buried along the way......

Thanks for the info.
    Looks like i will have to get over my reluctance then.

since that 'bet' was made a few posts up, the market seems to have taken an ominous turn! any obvious reasons why?

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    since that 'bet' was made a few posts up, the market seems to have taken an ominous turn! any obvious reasons why?
    Ominous turn? Nothing like it, just normal and expected volatility, it goes up a little and then down a little. In fact the market has been slowing down in terms of volatility for months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    ETF proposal delayed until September.

Master
    Yes sure, but that's what we agreed. If I lose, I pay 0,00875 BTC, if Hew loses, it will be 50 quid (or even better, EUR 56).
    That's an interesting bet - look forward to seeing who comes out on top in 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chainy75 View Post
    ETF proposal delayed until September.
    Not sure it's all down to that. But some very interesting details in the applications. One (Van Eck) proposals is offering protection against hacking / theft of BTC and the initial investment has to be more than $200,000.

The other interesting development that bodes well long term for institutional money coming is is what Coinbase is doing with its custody service. Still early days but thus far the feedback has been positive.

The issue is the regulatory framework hasn't caught up to the crypto market and so for institutional investors they're essentially taking a punt and that won't fly. Having a custodian takes away some of those concerns short/medium term.

I almost put a lot of money into BTC but delays with coinbase and revoult and then I went on holiday and forgot about it all. Looking back I would have got in around Dec last year at £14k a coin, now they are worth £5k a coin!!! Lots of people must have got seriously burnt. The lucky ones who got in 1 year + ago and hopefully sold at the peak of £14k a coin must have made a fortune, it was around £2k a coin just over a year ago, £12k a coin profit must have been nice. Timing is everything.

I have a friend who has opened a company dealing with cryptos and he said he is up 1000% this year, but he trades daily with his and other people money and its his job. So money can be made but I think you need to do a lot of research and understand the platforms.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Can people on here recommend a good faq or starters guide to buying bitcoin or ethereum?
    A small few hundred pounds only.

Last time i looked it seemed that you needed to upload a scan of your passport (which is the point i balked at.) before buying.
    If you want a hassle free option for dabbling with, sign up to the mobile banking outfit Revolut. You do need to send ID to do anything useful with them, but they're fully legit / above board, regulated, etc. You can buy / sell crypto through them though you can't transfer it out or take it to any other exchange as you don't "own" the coins.. and rates aren't stellar. But it's a fairly safe place to play around with a bit of buying and selling at low volumes if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    If you want a hassle free option for dabbling with, sign up to the mobile banking outfit Revolut. You do need to send ID to do anything useful with them, but they're fully legit / above board, regulated, etc. You can buy / sell crypto through them though you can't transfer it out or take it to any other exchange as you don't "own" the coins.. and rates aren't stellar. But it's a fairly safe place to play around with a bit of buying and selling at low volumes if that's what you want.
    Unless something changed during the past couple of weeks, Revolut is neither a bank nor regulated. Please state where you got that info from.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    They're not regulated, and their spread on crypto makes it an expensive (though convenient) place to trade.

Also to reiterate once again - you don't own any crypto through Revolut - you own a token of equivalent value. It's hassle free sure but that's because it's not trading anything just tokens of equivalent values. If you want to play in the market it's easy enough but for long term investment Coinbase or Kraken are probably better.

Master
    Unless something changed during the past couple of weeks, Revolut is neither a bank nor regulated. Please state where you got that info from.
    Apologies.. I assumed they were given number of customers, etc! I was only giving them a thumbs up as a happy customer but evidently my advice is best avoided.

Historically, the price starts to pick up about now, and then gains momentum through to the end of they year. Of course, I might be wrong,
    ..hope you're not!

I have retired on crypto,
    This is quite astonishing, and to be applauded! Congratulations.