closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 135 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,750 of 6926

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by chard101 View Post
    Nice, good choice sir!

It is gong to be a long game and there will be many winners. It's going to be a huge industry in years to come.

When liquidity pools come to the XRPL you will be able to stake your XRP and others assets (like BTC / USD) and earn fees from people using the pools for swaps etc. As these pools are at the network layer and a bit a smart contract you are gaurenteed to be able to redeem you LP tokens.

Hooks and liquidity pools are two massive enhancements coming in the next 12 months. That said I'm not going to rush into the pools, maybe test will a small amount first for a year.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    Thank you Sir, and again…. So far over my head it’s frightening!!

The great thing here is that DLT tech and ILP is being adopted as standard.

This is good as years down the line as the financial system evolves other Assets will be tokenised / traded.

ILP is for money (value) as TCP/IP is used for all internet communications. Its good for the industry a common standard has been choosen.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    No matter how often you repeat it, FedNow is not the tokenisation of the Dollar, it does not use distributed ledger technology.

It uses a central cloud-based ledger, all money is transferred directly account to account. As such, it has absolutely no similarity with Ripple.

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Ok so you agree that your are wrong then and there are banks using Ripples technology in production then. Remember you claimed no banks were using it, which is clearly not true. Great!
    No. I just posted that there is nothing but a press release by a Ripple-owned company which is mindlessly repeated by thousands of crypto shills. It's the same pattern as always: Ripple claims big progress made on adoption, which is that bank X have joined the ecosystem. Then the internet is flooded with the news and the name is added to the list, which is 400 names long in the meantime. Usually the "partners" only had discussions, or signed a trial agreement or were playing a bit with the technology and decided it's not for them, but their name stays on the list forever. So we have a list of 400 names and none of them uses Ripple.

Here, there isn't even the claim that Yamaguchi use ripple, the press release only claims that they let their clients use MoneyTap, which uses Ripple. Still, there is absolutely no confirmation that this is even true, because none of the three websites seems to mention it.

So, no: there is no bank that uses Ripple for commercial payments.

Ripple is a scam, founded with one intention only: to make their founders rich.

They kept 20% of the lifetime coin supply for themselves, and the only work they are doing is putting out fake press releases and watching their flock of idiots going around the world doing their bidding.

Congratulations for being part of the community. I will no longer engage with you.

Binance and fraud? That cannot be, can it?

Inside Binance’s Botched Efforts To Outwit Regulators In Europe

After failing to set up in the U.K., Binance built a lucrative payments business called Bifinity in Lithuania. Now its leading executives are being accused of fraud.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidje...ity-helen-hai/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Ripple is a scam, founded with one intention only: to make their founders rich.

They kept 20% of the lifetime coin supply for themselves, and the only work they are doing is putting out fake press releases and watching their flock of idiots going around the world doing their bidding.

Congratulations for being part of the community. I will no longer engage with you.
    You could well be right Raffe and I’m certainly no expert but I’m holding 20,000 tokens that I bought for under £6k.

I ‘cashed out’ my original stake money long ago and I could ‘cash out’ today for another £12k.

A scam (so far) ?

Personally I don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    You could well be right Raffe and I’m certainly no expert but I’m holding 20,000 tokens that I bought for under £6k.

I ‘cashed out’ my original stake money long ago and I could ‘cash out’ today for another £12k.

A scam (so far) ?

I despair.

Is a scam only a scam if you personally suffer? Did people make money on FTX? Was It a scam?

I despair.

Is a scam only a scam if you personally suffer? Did people make money on FTX? Was It a scam?
    Has anyone suffered (by way of XRP/Ripple) that you know of?

[and not by simply buying high/selling low]
    Last edited by spuds; 22nd July 2023 at 08:15.

When the scam implodes, everybody will suffer. What is so difficult about that?

People said for years that Wirecard was a scam. Other people laughed and pointed at their stock market gains. Then overnight, everything was worthless. Was it a scam?

Same with FTX, Enron, Madoff, Theranos etc.

Time will tell mate…..

Time will tell mate…..
    Remember Celsius? Who said it was a scam, which allowed at least one forum member to get the money out before it imploded?

You do you.

“You do you”.

Really???

My original response now deleted ‘cos I simply can’t be arsed.
    Last edited by spuds; 22nd July 2023 at 11:58.

Sorry mate, but these two posts below must be amongst the most idiotic takes on this whole thread, and that means a lot given it's the bitcoin thread.

If you'd rather have unfettered crypto shilling as dished out already by the usual suspects here, then that's fine. Don't come whining when you've lost your holdings.

A scam (so far) ?

Master
    Remember Celsius? Who said it was a scam, which allowed at least one forum member to get the money out before it imploded?

You do you.
    To be fair pal, you’ve said all crypto will go to zero. Not in so many words but you said Bitcoin and XRP will go to zero and by default if those two go, it’ll all collapse.

I could say every stock on the S&P will go to zero. A few will, would I then be proved right? Or as long as others don’t am I wrong? I guess I’m trying to say a broken clock is right twice a day

There will be many more frauds in the crypto space, and rug pulls a plenty. Doesn’t mean it’s all a scam, and doesn’t mean there is no future for it. I know you’ll argue it’s not needed, has no utility etc etc. but why then does BlackRock want to list an ETF? If it was going to go to zero, they’d run a mile. Or do they not care? That wouldn’t surprise me, given my general thoughts on the financial sector

Show me where I said that all crypto goes to zero.

And by the way, on a long enough timeline everything goes to zero, but that's not the point. Stuff that has no utility and has only been launched to make its founders rich, will go to zero. All of it.

If you want a crypto shilling thread without criticism, you can have it.

But beware of the consequences. Apparently Ripple had 400 clients, then 300, now the shiller-in-chief cannot even prove that they have one single one.

Your thread, I am out.

Master
    Show me where I said that all crypto goes to zero.

And by the way, on a long enough timeline everything goes to zero, but that's not the point. Stuff that has no utility and has only been launched to make its founders rich, will go to zero. All of it.
    I didn’t say you said directly it will all go to zero, if you read my post again.

You said Bitcoin and XRP would go to zero.

But if that happens by default it would almost certainly all go to zero

Criticism is welcome, I’d prefer you to remain in the thread but ultimately your choice of course

I do feel that sometimes you do flounce around a little dramatically if people don’t share your views but I can live with that :-)

Sorry mate, but these two posts below must be amongst the most idiotic takes on this whole thread, and that means a lot given it's the bitcoin thread.

If you'd rather have unfettered crypto shilling as dished out already by the usual suspects here, then that's fine. Don't come whining when you've lost your holdings.
    Raffe you’re clearly far more knowledgeable on this subject than me and I respect that, but I have cashed out my original investment and I am now only risking the profits: I won’t have lost anything if it does turn out to be a scam so I won’t go whining to anyone if it happens.

My opinion that it isn’t a scam is simply based on the fact that I have been able to withdraw my original investment or ‘stake’ money.
    I acknowledge again that I’m no expert on scams but for a moment let’s imagine that everyone else had done the same there’d be no actual “real money” left to be scammed: so any scam that would allow that to happen is, in my opinion, a pretty crap one.

If you think my investment strategy and my conclusion are “idiotic” then let’s just say I respectfully disagree.

In consideration of that, perhaps you too could start posting with a little respect and stop being such a condescending prick?

Your thread, I am out.

I bet you’re not.

Master
    Raffe you’re clearly far more knowledgeable on this subject than me and I respect that, but I have cashed out my original investment and I am now only risking the profits: I won’t have lost anything if it does turn out to be a scam so I won’t go whining to anyone if it happens.

My opinion that it isn’t a scam is simply based on the fact that I have been able to withdraw my original investment or ‘stake’ money.
    I acknowledge again that I’m no expert on scams but for a moment let’s imagine that everyone else had done the same there’d be no actual “real money” left to be scammed: so any scam that would allow that to happen is, in my opinion, a pretty crap one.

If you think my investment strategy and my conclusion are “idiotic” then let’s just say I respectfully disagree.

In consideration of that, perhaps you too could start posting with a little respect and stop being such a condescending prick?
    With most scams the scammer would want to keep it spinning for as long as possible. That would include letting some people withdraw funds. Maybe if everyone had tried to withdraw at the same time there wouldnt have been the money in the kitty.

I'm not saying it is a scam just reflecting on a good reason why some people will get their money out along the way if it is a scam.

Master
    I think pre lockdown I was already too late to buy into anything.

Could I have made any money in 3+ years?

I remain as confused today as I did back then.

I have a friend of a friend who made millions, retired and has yachts and properties across the globe & is even able to buy Rolex in LHR when travelling. That boat, I certainly missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    With most scams the scammer would want to keep it spinning for as long as possible. That would include letting some people withdraw funds. Maybe if everyone had tried to withdraw at the same time there wouldnt have been the money in the kitty.

I'm not saying it is a scam just reflecting on a good reason why some people will get their money out along the way if it is a scam.
    Yep I can see your reasoning, fair point well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I think pre lockdown I was already too late to buy into anything.

Could I have made any money in 3+ years?

I remain as confused today as I did back then.

I have a friend of a friend who made millions, retired and has yachts and properties across the globe & is even able to buy Rolex in LHR when travelling. That boat, I certainly missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My ex MD just sold his £6m pound stately home to a guy in his early 30’s who paid “cash” and made all his money on bitcoin.

Git.

Master
    My ex MD just sold his £6m pound stately home to a guy in his early 30’s who paid “cash” and made all his money on bitcoin.

Git.
    If the age wasn’t 10 years more senior it could have been the same person!

It amazes me still.

So, prices started to move today 10 minutes before the SEC lost their case against Greyscale riiiiiight

Sent from my ASUS_AI2302 using Tapatalk

Master
    Anyone still hodling?

Master
    Pretty significant breakout yesterday. Seems to finally actually be displaying characteristics of gold.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    Seems to finally actually be displaying characteristics of gold.
    Dunno about that..

Nice to see some positive price action though!

Positive isn't just going up, it's not going down when A) was predicted to and B) the world is falling apart around it

Been positive for a while I think

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Anyone still hodling?
    Yes most definitely and continuing to stack BTC, ETH, ADA & SOL

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post

Years ago, on the advice of my father, I deposited a sizeable lump with an Irish based ‘investment’ company, which shifted its operation to Jersey shortly afterwards. A year later, against his advice I withdrew my funds, plus interest, to buy a property - all good for me. Within a couple of years the whole thing folded and all ‘investors’ lost the lot. A simple Ponzi scam that, fortunately for me, I survived with a profit.

Did anyone manage to catch the 'vomiting camel' around 2:00am this morning?

Master
    I'm up 32% on BTC; bought on the day SBF was arrested, figured that was a good dip.
    Last edited by J J Carter; 29th October 2023 at 19:47.

It’s about to moon. 

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    It’s about to moon. 
    Definitely showing signs of a new bull leg. Wouldn't chase it here though, if it backtests $32k I'll be buying.

It will get more interesting as we near the halving and when the ETF is officially announced, should be some good price action ahead.

85% up 25% down rinse and repeat , gotta time the buys and sells

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

We need another joke thread....

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Anyone still hodling?
    Well I’m holding XRP but not really following it, I do pray that it “moons” though as a very close friend has sunk every single penny he has in it and on a weekly basis he spends whatever he has left out of his wages buying more.

Edited to add that he even cashed in his (albeit relatively small) pension pot and bought XRP with it.

Master
    The trouble with this is even if he's wildly successful with this 'investment' he's very unlikely to just cash it all out and stick it in a diversified fund for the rest of his life. He'll more likely get a false sense of security and continue taking undue risk until he loses most or all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well I’m holding XRP but not really following it, I do pray that it “moons” though as a very close friend has sunk every single penny he has in it and on a weekly basis he spends whatever he has left out of his wages buying more.

Edited to add that he even cashed in his (albeit relatively small) pension pot and bought XRP with it.
    I hope that doesn’t equate to much for his sake, pure gambling.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    My mate did similar on one of the baby doge spinoffs a few years ago. He was a complete novice etc saw the coin going up and up and thought he was Bobby Axelrod making easy money. Then of course it popped and he lost tens of thousands

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps, but as gambling goes, it's not quite so systematically loaded against the players.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Perhaps, but as gambling goes, it's not quite so systematically loaded against the players.
    Well I hope he gets lucky and cashes out, there must be many ruined by these types of “investment” tactics….

Master
    I've had a little dabble in KAS, and have added a little more BTC

More good news on the ETF front yesterday from someone at the SEC, it's just a matter of time before Blackrock get theirs up and running

To the moon!!

(I'll certainly be taking some profits if things go ballistic)

Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    The trouble with this is even if he's wildly successful with this 'investment' he's very unlikely to just cash it all out and stick it in a diversified fund for the rest of his life. He'll more likely get a false sense of security and continue taking undue risk until he loses most or all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    My mate did similar on one of the baby doge spinoffs a few years ago. He was a complete novice etc saw the coin going up and up and thought he was Bobby Axelrod making easy money. Then of course it popped and he lost tens of thousands
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Well I hope he gets lucky and cashes out, there must be many ruined by these types of “investment” tactics….

All noted and appreciated Gents thank you, he’s the same friend that advised me to invest in it years ago (which I did and I’ve since withdrawn my original stake money so anything left in there is ‘profit’ which I’m happy to gamble with).

I’ve tried advising him to do the same but he’s quite literally obsessed with it and is so convinced that it’ll ‘boom’ he’s based his entire life and investment/retirement planning around it….
    he’s in his early 50’s and lives in rented accommodation but he’s almost brainwashed when it comes to this.

He’s a genuinely good guy, I just desperately hope it pays off for him.

Craftsman
    All noted and appreciated Gents thank you, he’s the same friend that advised me to invest in it years ago (which I did and I’ve since withdrawn my original stake money so anything left in there is ‘profit’ which I’m happy to gamble with).

I’ve tried advising him to do the same but he’s quite literally obsessed with it and is so convinced that it’ll ‘boom’ he’s based his entire life and investment/retirement planning around it….
    he’s in his early 50’s and lives in rented accommodation but he’s almost brainwashed when it comes to this.

He lives in hope!

Time to remind him of the two rules of investing/gambling….

1. Never, EVER, stake more than you are happy to lose.

2. If in doubt see Rule 1.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

The hardest part is taking profits on the way up and selling it all when it’s up there despite all the hype saying it’s going to go even higher.

Lots of lessons learned in the last cycles.

I hope for your friend and others that it plays out as they’re all expecting.

I fear that it may not, but it’s certainly looking very bullish just now.