closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,850 of 4342

Thread: Bitcoin

  1. #3801
    I assume thats a old model not crippled with the mine blocking firmware ?

  2. #3802
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I assume thats a old model not crippled with the mine blocking firmware ?
    Of course yes, those LHR newer models have created price spikes and stock shortages for to 3000 series

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  3. #3803
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Preparations for the big pump are continuing. I can only hope that the FBI is listening.
    #plantpot

  4. #3804
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I sense a BTC pump coming, good buying this morning. A bit surprised this held again at $29k, but can see it going to 35k now.

    Closing my futures short, but keeping the MSTR puts.
    Reached $34.8 a little earlier, think that's it.

    Time to go short again, will do when futures markets open again at midnight CET.
    #plantpot

  5. #3805
    Reversed the trend for lower highs though, interesting next few days

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #3806
    Master mr noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Reached $34.8 a little earlier, think that's it.

    Time to go short again, will do when futures markets open again at midnight CET.
    How are you doing it now you're not using Binance? Has IBKR started trading crypto yet?

  7. #3807
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    How are you doing it now you're not using Binance? Has IBKR started trading crypto yet?
    I am using CME futures. Not very liquid and lousy prices compared to Binance futures, but at look east I know that I will be paid out my winnings.
    #plantpot

  8. #3808
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Preparations for the big pump are continuing. I can only hope that the FBI is listening.
    I hope somebody goes to prison for this. 30% up and then dump.


    Last edited by Raffe; 25th July 2021 at 18:14.
    #plantpot

  9. #3809
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Oops.
    #plantpot

  10. #3810
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Just closed my short position from last night. If it wasn't for the tether situation, I would have gone long because this move looks like it isn't finished yet.

    I have no idea what's happening here, apparently huge short liquidations over night in BTC and ETH. On the other hand, tether looks like it's going to implode anytime and China talks about introducing an outright ban on owning crypto.

    Weird times.
    #plantpot

  11. #3811
    Whoah

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  12. #3812
    Master mr noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    3,954
    Wow. That’s quite some pump to wake up to. Like the good old days. 🚀

  13. #3813
    Master mr noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    3,954
    Massive volume!


  14. #3814
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,950
    Not sure if this is the reason for the pump...

    https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...ethereum-price

  15. #3815
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,154
    *checks Lord Elon's tweets

  16. #3816
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Not sure if this is the reason for the pump...

    https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...ethereum-price
    Seen that, and pretty sure it is one of the reasons which started the buying - but afraid its nothing but a load of bonkers.

    How on this planet would Amazon accept bitcoin given the transaction costs and volatility? Never going to happen. Never. Even the die-hardest crypto fans I know say that bitcoin is no currency.

    Sign of the times, any crazy rumour can move markets, crypto meme stonks, what's next?
    #plantpot

  17. #3817
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Seen that, but afraid its nothing but a load of bonkers.

    How on this planet would Amazon accept bitcoin given the transaction costs and volatility? Never going to happen. Never. Even the die-hardest crypto fans I know say that bitcoin is no currency.
    Agreed, but FUD is a two way street

    I also saw stories on Twitter over the weekend about Apple about to announce a BTC purchase, but I didn't have the time to read much of it

    Nonsense I expect, but something is causing this pump..

  18. #3818
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Agreed, but FUD is a two way street

    I also saw stories on Twitter over the weekend about Apple about to announce a BTC purchase, but I didn't have the time to read much of it

    Nonsense I expect, but something is causing this pump..
    Agree, and I got no idea.

    In any case, the move does not look like it's finished.
    #plantpot

  19. #3819
    Master mr noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Seen that, and pretty sure it is one of the reasons which started the buying - but afraid its nothing but a load of bonkers.

    How on this planet would Amazon accept bitcoin given the transaction costs and volatility? Never going to happen. Never. Even the die-hardest crypto fans I know say that bitcoin is no currency.

    Sign of the times, any crazy rumour can move markets, crypto meme stonks, what's next?


    Lightning, built on layer 2.



    Bitcoin = Gold bullion backing the "currency" sat in the "bank's vault's" around the world.

    Lightning/Sats = the actual currency that we use day to day.


    Many people seem to have struggled with this concept for far too log.


    Stating that Bitcoin is not fast enough to use as a currency is the same as saying that using physical gold won't work as a currency, entirely correctly.

  20. #3820
    Yes, it's an asset though, other coins can work more like a currency

    Sentiment is building , the next psychological barrier over 42k being tested

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  21. #3821
    Caveat- might still dip to 25,

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  22. #3822
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Lightning, built on layer 2.



    Bitcoin = Gold bullion backing the "currency" sat in the "bank's vault's" around the world.

    Lightning/Sats = the actual currency that we use day to day.


    Many people seem to have struggled with this concept for far too log.


    Stating that Bitcoin is not fast enough to use as a currency is the same as saying that using physical gold won't work as a currency, entirely correctly.
    Lightning is still by a factor of 10 to 100 slower than Paypal or any other of the thousands of digital payment systems. And if Lightning ever fails on a large scale it will likely crash bitcoin.

    But muhh, LiGhTniNg.
    #plantpot

  23. #3823
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Meanwhile, MicroTragedy trading around $600 and Argo at 133p.

    Talking about leveraged investing into bitcoin, last week both of these companies were facing bankruptcy within months and now the sun has risen again. If bitcoin maintains the $40k, both of them have space to run some more - but their vulnerability to the downside is till huge. You have to price them like an option, which will continue to make those stocks super volatile as long as bitcoin is dancing around the critical levels.
    #plantpot

  24. #3824
    About to hit 40k

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  25. #3825
    There she blows

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  26. #3826
    Grand Master JasonM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    14,854
    Why is 40k significant?
    Cheers..
    Jase

  27. #3827
    It's not , i think the next ceiling is 42k based on nothing at all

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  28. #3828
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    It's not , i think the next ceiling is 42k based on nothing at all

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    The next ceiling is somewhere half way up the moon. 120k or thereabouts.
    #plantpot

  29. #3829
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    The next ceiling is somewhere half way up the moon. 120k or thereabouts.
    Probably

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  30. #3830
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,950
    I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the big drops personally, but if we got over 60k again this year I’d be quite content.

  31. #3831
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Oops.



    #plantpot

  32. #3832


    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  33. #3833

  34. #3834
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    "Tether routinely has open dialogue with law enforcement agencies, including the U.S. Department of Justice, as part of our commitment to cooperation, transparency, and accountability. We are proud of our role as industry leaders in promoting cooperation between industry and government authorities in the U.S. and around the world. We remain committed to our customers and the industry-leading technology and transparency that has led to our growth."

    That's strong. Wonder how long until handcuffs.
    #plantpot

  35. #3835
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post


    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    This is a joke.

    There must be undercover pumps going on causing this profit and loss. A little positive news story here. Little denial here.

    Similar to Raffe’s posts above about the other coin.

  36. #3836

  37. #3837
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    490
    I finally brought some crypto a few months back, only a few hundred in with BTC making up about 45% of my total balance. Got to admit I'm just going to hold what I have and forgot about it all

  38. #3838
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    https://twitter.com/PepperstoneFX/st...900911629?s=19

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Is he saying Amazon timed the correction of a fake market rumour to influence the market's reaction to Tesla results?

    5D chess, yeah? Crypto is so full of conspiracies and madness, it's sometimes hard to bear.
    #plantpot

  39. #3839
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Is he saying Amazon timed the correction of a fake market rumour to influence the market's reaction to Tesla results?

    5D chess, yeah? Crypto is so full of conspiracies and madness, it's sometimes hard to bear.
    I dunno, with so many narcissists involved who knows



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  40. #3840
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    I finally brought some crypto a few months back, only a few hundred in with BTC making up about 45% of my total balance. Got to admit I'm just going to hold what I have and forgot about it all
    I did similar about 3 years ago. I put in about 3.5k split across BtC, Xrp, stellar , vechain and ethereum.

    I did quite a lot of research beforehand so had an idea on the potential for these. But it was still very much a punt. My view was it was a medium gamble but in it for at least 10 years.

    It’s been a very bumpy ride but overall I’m up a fair bit.

    Who knows where it will be in 10 years. I’ll either treat myself to a Patek Phillipe or a Casio F91w !!!


    Cheers, Shaun

  41. #3841
    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    I did similar about 3 years ago. I put in about 3.5k split across BtC, Xrp, stellar , vechain and ethereum.

    I did quite a lot of research beforehand so had an idea on the potential for these. But it was still very much a punt. My view was it was a medium gamble but in it for at least 10 years.

    It’s been a very bumpy ride but overall I’m up a fair bit.

    Who knows where it will be in 10 years. I’ll either treat myself to a Patek Phillipe or a Casio F91w !!!


    Cheers, Shaun
    Well there will come a point when the IRS accept taxes in BTC, when who knows

    At the moment Bezo and Musk should just book a room



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  42. #3842
    Still up 7k in 6 days, will it drop further? Who knows

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  43. #3843
    To the moon!

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  44. #3844
    'a cynic' lol

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  45. #3845
    Pa I know that's not new

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  46. #3846
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    I did similar about 3 years ago. I put in about 3.5k split across BtC, Xrp, stellar , vechain and ethereum.

    I did quite a lot of research beforehand so had an idea on the potential for these. But it was still very much a punt. My view was it was a medium gamble but in it for at least 10 years.

    It’s been a very bumpy ride but overall I’m up a fair bit.

    Who knows where it will be in 10 years. I’ll either treat myself to a Patek Phillipe or a Casio F91w !!!


    Cheers, Shaun
    I've purchased coins from most of those currencies aswell. I actually forget that I have it, until my cousin reminded me to take a look yesterday the last time I checked my account was over a week ago.

    Let's hope we can all buy a Patek Phillipe, the 5167A is still my achievable grail watch and I remind my AD that every time I go in!

  47. #3847
    These men are playing games, yes we take BTC no we won't yes we might get me NADA on the phone blah blah blah



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  48. #3848
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    15,296
    But I thought one of the great USP's of crypto/ Bitcoin was supposed to be since no individual or authority controlled it, thus more 'democratised' and immune from the manipulation and meddling of 'Authorities', more 'honest' if you will...but to me it seems the reverse, anyone with deep enough pockets and social media followers can blow it's price about like dandelion seeds in the breeze because like the tulip bulbs of yore fundamentally it has no intrinsic value.

  49. #3849
    Crypto is bigger than their willy waving,

    'Everyone screams manipulation on the way down and ignore the news on the way up'

    https://youtu.be/_Vk4TbUxKxo



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  50. #3850
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    15,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Crypto is bigger than their willy waving,

    'Everyone screams manipulation on the way down and ignore the news on the way up'

    https://youtu.be/_Vk4TbUxKxo



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Who is this bloke and what qualifies his opinions...is this content not just entertainment...nowt wrong with entertainment of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information