closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,450 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Rally!
    I know, I am only 10% down of my blockchain equity ETF (£KOIP).

I was 25% in the hole just last week.

Initial analysis suggests a strong correlation with the River Severn water level gauges, which by coincidence I also happen to be keeping a close eye on. The underlying causation remains open for some debate though.

I will be interested to see if the relationship holds true over the next few days.

Blog Entries
    More rain forecast, buy, buy, buy.

Up 11% in last 24 hrs, almost 21k

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I know, I am only 10% down of my blockchain equity ETF (£KOIP).

I was 25% in the hole just last week.
    I am short bitcoin and long GBTC, the latter is up almost 50% from where I bought it. Interesting.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    More rain forecast, buy, buy, buy.
    The computer model certainly appears to still indicate some upside potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Another one bites the dust: Solana. The most useless and buggy protocol in all of web3. The spiral of death has started, it will now first consume a few rounds of dip buyers until it hits close to zero.

Good to see yet another project backed by a16z going to the dogs, how long until everybody realises what morons they are?
    188% up since you predicted its death.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    188% up since you predicted its death.

I stand by my prediction. Solana has no utility and is full of design errors. It will be the first 'major' coin to implode.

I have some invisible hardly worn emperors clothes for sale......

Master
    The rally could have some legs, firmly a risk on mood post CPI/China reopening/dollar turnaround/more dovish words from the fed. Interesting week ahead.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    The rally could have some legs, firmly a risk on mood post CPI/China reopening/dollar turnaround/more dovish words from the fed. Interesting week ahead.
    If the money printing begins again, this will be a rally to behold

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    If the money printing begins again, this will be a rally to behold
    Moneyprinting? Tell me more.

Master
    We're a long way off from moneyprinting but they've indicated slowing the pace of hikes at least. Certianly what the market's pricing.

We're a long way off from moneyprinting but they've indicated slowing the pace of hikes at least. Certianly what the market's pricing.
    Wut? "They" have indicated slowing the pace of hikes? If you are referring to the Fed, no they haven't. To the contrary, they have been telling the market that expectations of a pivot in monetary policy are pre-mature. The markets are rallying on wishful thinking alone.

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth...e.1582627.html

https://www.williamblair.com/Insight...t-in-the-Cards

Master
    Moneyprinting? Tell me more.
    Wut? "They" have indicated slowing the pace of hikes? If you are referring to the Fed, no they haven't. To the contrary, they have been telling the market that expectations of a pivot in monetary policy are pre-mature.
    Appears you already know what it is

PS, I did say 'if'

Master
    Wut? "They" have indicated slowing the pace of hikes? If you are referring to the Fed, no they haven't. To the contrary, they have been telling the market that expectations of a pivot in monetary policy are pre-mature. The markets are rallying on wishful thinking alone.

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth...e.1582627.html

https://www.williamblair.com/Insight...t-in-the-Cards
    Sorry, they have indicated towards slowing the pace of hikes - exactly as I said.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/f...es-2023-01-12/

Which has contributed towards further weakening the dollar and helping to the risk on mood.

Sorry, they have indicated towards slowing the pace of hikes - exactly as I said.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/f...es-2023-01-12/

Which has contributed towards further weakening the dollar and helping to the risk on mood.
    Harker is just one voice, others from the committee are saying the opposite: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-as-possible

Harker is the most junior member of the FOMC, you follow him at your own peril. So far, the market had to continuously readjust their expectations because they were notoriously wrong on both path as well as target of the hiking cycle. It was Bullard who kept telling the market they were wrong.

Master
    Hence I said indicated towards, not that it was guaranteed. It is the first real dovsh noises we've had post CPI for quite a while. I'm merely providing an explanation for the risk rally, not an opinion on where things are headed.

Dovish? Not exactly.

Master
    You know what I mean. That's how the market intepreted it.

I'm waiting for US to default on their debt so can buy some stuff cheap

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Now NEXO in the spotlight. Looks like they’ve been up to some seriously dodgy shinanigans for years!

FFS.

Now NEXO in the spotlight. Looks like they’ve been up to some seriously dodgy shinanigans for years!

FFS.
    People selling imaginary worth, at over inflated prices? There's a novel concept. And you are surprised by the findings? They can only succeed to increase the worth of 'nothings' if there are people daft enough to pay for them.

Watches Worn Well - crypto style

And whilst we are on the subject of 'seriously dodgy shinanigans'.

A Blackpool Bitcoin gang made so much money from an online scam, they handed out £5,000 gift vouchers to people in the street and bought cars for people they met in the pub.
    James Parker began orchestrating the fraud from his Blackpool home in 2017 when he noticed a glitch in an Australian cryptocurrency trading website. It allowed him and his crooked pals to siphon off more than £20m worth of credits over a three-month period - which was then splurged on luxury items like designer watches and fancy wine coolers.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...-much-25991170

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    And whilst we are on the subject of 'seriously dodgy shinanigans'.
    Only the bestest people:

Cryptocurrency lender Genesis Global Capital is planning to file for bankruptcy as soon as this week, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday (...)
    Genesis is also locked in a dispute with Gemini, founded by the identical twin crypto pioneers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss. Gemini offered a crypto lending product called Earn in partnership with Genesis, and now says Genesis owes it $900 million in connection with that product.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission last week said it had charged Genesis and Gemini with illegally selling securities to hundreds of thousands of investors through their crypto lending program.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/c...ws-2023-01-18/

Mars! Jupiter!! Alpha Centauri!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Bought into BTC for the first time today, the fallout from SBF's arrest looked like a possible bottom.
    I'm up 30% on BTC since suggesting the bad-news was priced in just before Christmas

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    I'm up 30% on BTC since suggesting the bad-news was priced in just before Christmas
    Well done. Might be prudent to take some profit here as next week is a big earnings week in the US. The nasdaq will be very volatile (could move a long way in either direction) and the mood will spill directly over to crypto markets.

Anyone else get on the DAFI rise? A colleague and I got a decent return yesterday, got them for 0.011 and sold for 0.029 - Only small amounts but nice to actually make some money on crypto! Looking back on it we sold too soon, needed to stay up till 2am when it went up to 0.047! The guy that gave us the tip stuck in £20k at 0.011, not sure what he sold at but he would have made a decent profit for a few hours.

I still don't personally buy into the crypto thing, my work colleague still has decent amounts in ETH and other coins.

If I get any other tips will post them on here, but I am no financial wiz like Raffe so maybe don't take any notice.

Reminds me of Smiley , 'just enough glitter amongst the chickenfeed'

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Daveya.; 1st February 2023 at 11:08.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Anyone else get on the DAFI rise? A colleague and I got a decent return yesterday, got them for 0.011 and sold for 0.029 - Only small amounts but nice to actually make some money on crypto! Looking back on it we sold too soon, needed to stay up till 2am when it went up to 0.047! The guy that gave us the tip stuck in £20k at 0.011, not sure what he sold at but he would have made a decent profit for a few hours.

I still don't personally buy into the crypto thing, my work colleague still has decent amounts in ETH and other coins.

If I get any other tips will post them on here, but I am no financial wiz like Raffe so maybe don't take any notice.
    The FED needs to raise by 10%, best today.

This could well get interesting, with some wide ranging ramifications. Dr Craig S Wright - The Man Who Would Be Satoshi Nakamoto - has won his opportunity for (another) day in court. Indeed what could easily turn out to be weeks or months in fact.

LONDON (Reuters) - Self-proclaimed bitcoin creator Craig Wright's lawsuit against bitcoin network developers to try to recover billions of dollars can continue to trial, a London court said on Friday.

The ruling paves the way for a trial on whether developers owe duties to the owners of digital assets – which a lawyer representing some developers said could pose a fundamental challenge to decentralised finance if Wright won.

Australian computer scientist Wright is suing 15 developers in an effort to retrieve around 111,000 bitcoin – currently worth about $2.5 billion – after he lost the encrypted keys to access them when his home computer network was allegedly hacked.

Wright’s Seychelles-based company Tulip Trading is taking legal action against the developers of three networks, arguing they are obliged to write software patches to help Tulip recover the bitcoin.

Tulip’s case was thrown out last year, but the Court of Appeal ruled on Friday that developers arguably do owe duties to owners, which should be determined at a full trial.

Judge Colin Birss said Tulip had a realistic argument that cryptocurrency is “entrusted” to network developers, who could therefore have a duty to, for example, “introduce code so that an owner’s bitcoin can be transferred to safety”.

Wright says he wrote the bitcoin white paper which first outlined the technology behind the digital assets under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008, however the claim is hotly disputed.

Don't get too excited though. On current schedules the case won't be heard until 2024 at the earliest. In the meantime the full judgement of the Appeal Court is available here (PDF).

Master
    Bitcoin price probably manipulated, who would have thought it:

https://slashdot.org/story/23/02/04/...ion-researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    Bitcoin price probably manipulated, who would have thought it:

https://slashdot.org/story/23/02/04/...ion-researcher
    Yawn.

Plenty of Nasdaq tech companies up a lot more than BTC this year. Are they all being manipulated too?

Master
    I lost 100 euros in a hazy night out in Amsterdam a few years back. Should I sue the ECB? Surely they have a duty of care over my ownership of the cash they issue?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I lost 100 euros in a hazy night out in Amsterdam a few years back. Should I sue the ECB? Surely they have a duty of care over my ownership of the cash they issue?
    You said you would call me.

Yawn.

Plenty of Nasdaq tech companies up a lot more than BTC this year. Are they all being manipulated too?
    Yes, they are.

https://twitter.com/DougKass/status/1621562502269091841

https://www.investing.com/analysis/o...rner-200634897

https://news.italy24.press/trends/350761.html

Master
    Yawn.

If you thought the manipulation was to increase the price you either have difficulty reading or difficulty understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    If you thought the manipulation was to increase the price you either have difficulty reading or difficulty understanding.
    A bit of both in this case, I apologise.

I didn’t really read your link properly.

Can these whales really have a big effect on the SP now that the market is so big and so liquid?

Master
    They can certianly influence it yes. This activity isn't unique to crytpo markets though.

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory. Carry on.

Master
    I didn't mention a conspiracy. Are you going to pretend large institutional buying/selling doesn't influence price action?

The price rises in January have been odd, 17 to 23k was not expected

Crypto is the future, there is no denying anymore.

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/202...-themed-tweet/

Have I missed another pump? Fs

Meanwhile the Grayscale investors appear to be ever more revolting - https://www.wired.co.uk/article/cryp...grayscale-coup

I'm not quite sure why, but I was a little surprised to see no mention of Cathy/Ark given their relatively recent high profile purchases and their propensity for publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Meanwhile the Grayscale investors appear to be ever more revolting - https://www.wired.co.uk/article/cryp...grayscale-coup

I'm not quite sure why, but I was a little surprised to see no mention of Cathy/Ark given their relatively recent high profile purchases and their propensity for publicity.
    Lolz:

Another investor, who asked not to be named for fear of repercussions from the brokerage at which he works, says he purchased roughly $30,000 in bitcoin through GBTC with the goal of hedging against inflation as he prepares for retirement. Although his financial situation has not been too badly damaged, he says the performance of the trust has “ill-affected” his marriage; his wife, who “fears the loss is permanent,” has taken to calling him a “bitcoin bozo.”

In any case, I bought GBTC when it was trading at $8.xx and am waiting for what's going to happen. Whatever it is, the shares can only go up in my view. If BTC starts sliding again, I might put a hedge on again, but currently I am unhedged.

In any case, I bought GBTC when it was trading at $8.xx and am waiting for what's going to happen. Whatever it is, the shares can only go up in my view. If BTC starts sliding again, I might put a hedge on again, but currently I am unhedged.
    Another +12% today.