closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,750 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    I sold my £100 of dogecoin today for £52 following comments on here. It was transferred to my binance account but am unable to transfer the funds to my bank due to "maintenance". We shall see, anyone else having this issue?
    Yes, everybody is having the same, it also applies to Euro withdrawals. I wouldn't bet that it ever comes back.

To the best of my knowledge you could try and withdraw via your credit card, possibly in another currency? If that doesn't work, you will probably have to buy some coin and transfer that to another exchange.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Thanks for that Raffe. I won't chase it as I'd already written it off and it's only £100 so really not worth the grief.
    After one week it was allegedly worth £190, it seemed too good to be true....bit like an eight pint princess.

Just convert it to ETH and send to a coinbase wallet.

And while Binance is falling apart in slow motion, they are celebrating their fourth birthday!

They broadcasted a four hour show, some infotainment about the exchange, and interview with the founder/CEO CZ, DJs and live artists, gues what didn't feature: [.... I wait ....] Correct: not a word about the payment suspensions and the thousands of users who found their accounts blocked overnight for coin withdrawals. Suppose they were simply too busy partying at Binance.

A great party was had. Reminds me a bit of this:

Master
    That ship was fine when it left here.

Funds are safu.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    And while Binance is falling apart in slow motion, they are celebrating their fourth birthday!
    Another day, another regulator. Yesterday was Italy's turn - https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ay-2021-07-15/

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Another day, another regulator. Yesterday was Italy's turn - https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ay-2021-07-15/
    FUD.

FUD.
    #staysafe&dry

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    You must have missed Hong Kong and Lithuania today?

https://archive.ph/WM2JA

Why is it only Binance and none of the others??

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Why is it only Binance and none of the others??
    Because Binance has its own coin, BNB, which is going to come under SEC scrutiny next. Coinbase has nothing suchlike.

Binance offers futures and options, which is where regulators become very interested. Coinbase doesn't.

And I'd be curious to understand to which newfound billions you are referring - Coinbase raised no capital when they listed recently.

In terms of FUD, it's difficult to beat your posts. They are uninformed and revel in unfounded conspiracy theories.
    Changpeng Zhao’s company Binance is everywhere and yet based nowhere. The cryptocurrency exchange has processed trillions of dollars in trades this year as it transfers digital and conventional money around the world through a constellation of affiliates. And yet it has no headquarters. Incorporated in the Cayman Islands, the company has grown at extraordinary speed into a leading player in the fledgling industry. But the 44-year-old Canadian-Chinese mogul’s business empire is now attracting intense scrutiny from global watchdogs as they grapple with new financial entities that act in many jurisdictions but are rooted in none.

Binance has led a peripatetic life since its founding by Zhao, who goes by the moniker “CZ” (pronounced ‘Sea-Zee’), in China four years ago. The company shifted its operations after a broad crypto crackdown by Chinese authorities in 2017. After it landed in Japan, regulators warned in 2018 it was doing unauthorised trading in cryptocurrencies in the country. Malta’s then prime minister Joseph Muscat welcomed Binance with open arms that year, but in 2020 its financial regulator proclaimed that despite the company’s operations in the EU state, it was not responsible for regulating the exchange. Zhao, whose wealth was valued by Forbes at almost $2bn when bitcoin was on the ascent in March, insists the company has no formal headquarters. “You have to have an entity, you have to have a headquarter, you have to have a bank account. All of those things don’t need to exist for blockchain companies,” he told a crypto conference in 2020. He did not respond to a request to be interviewed for this article.

Regulators on three continents are clamping down on the company, one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchanges by volume, as they attempt to police the porous border between the largely freewheeling crypto sector and the more tightly-regulated conventional financial market. The UK’s Financial Conduct Authority last week banned a regulated affiliate called Binance Markets Limited from offering any traditional financial services that fall into the regulator’s remit, such as arranging investment deals in the UK. It also said the group was not authorised to conduct crypto asset business within Britain’s borders and warned consumers that transactions with unregistered companies are generally not covered by investor protection schemes. The move by the UK regulator follows a warning from Japan last month that mirrored the concerns first expressed in 2018. And it comes as the company is preparing to pull out of the Canadian province of Ontario following a broader crackdown by its Securities Commission. The Cayman Islands Monetary Authority said on Thursday that Binance is not authorised to run a crypto exchange there either, and is “investigating” whether any of its operations are based in the tax haven. On Friday, Thailand filed a criminal complaint against the company for allegedly operating without a licence.

LINKY

If you are really interested why the focus is so much on Binance, read the rest of the article. The company is not regulated, it offers services which clearly fall into the remit of regulators but Binance don't give a rat's a** about it. They have no compliance functions and adhere to no rules. I wonder if they are paying any taxes.

No one wants to be left with digital junk bonds, seems obvious the regulators would be over this

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Btw, this is a good thing right? Authorities wanting to protect people, who would have an issue with this? this was bound to happen at some point

"It's not a question what banks will do to Bitcoin, it's what Bitcoin will do to the banks."

Gary Gensler

Gensler will be busy , from his course

I'm other news , someone has written an app to mine using your phone

PSA:

Well if it's 100% I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Well if it's 100% I'm in!

https://t.me/TodayWePush

How much put in for Lambo?

This is a scam guys. You'll be lucky to come out more than 300% up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This is a scam guys. You'll be lucky to come out more than 300% up

Honestly, if you play it for 50% you may have a winner.

Honestly, if you play it for 50% you may have a winner.
    Is that you’re plan?

You’d have to open your Binance account again.

Is that you’re plan?

You’d have to open your Binance account again.
    I don't participate in illegal events, I don't buy shitcoins and I don't trade on Binance.

Any more questions?

No. None.

Master
    No. None.
    Your question to Raffe was completely unethical and if you had the slightest ounce of decency you would clear off from this forum never to return again. That was totally uncalled for and you are a guttersnipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Your question to Raffe was completely unethical and if you had the slightest ounce of decency you would clear off from this forum never to return again. That was totally uncalled for and you are a guttersnipe.
    Mick, why don't you mind your own business?

Nobody, I repeat nobody, needs your advice, counseling, or snark defense.

Good night.

Meanwhile in El Salvador, it's all going swimmingly.

Watch out below.

Believe me or not, I am convinced we will have BTC 20%+ lower in a few days from now.

What car is like a Lambo, but costs 20% of the price?

#askingforafriend

Master
    Crazy to think we were over 60k just a few pages back.

Sad times.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    What car is like a Lambo, but costs 20% of the price?

#askingforafriend

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Firstly, given that Raffe, myself and many others on here took part I the GME, AMC, NAKD organised pump and dump plays earlier in the year, I do not think my question to Raffe above was unethical or out of order at all.

Secondly, Raffe and I are allowed to have a bit of bater on here. We do speak outside of TZ have been sharing PMs and e-mails for months. In fact, he has been an excellent help and very kind to me over the last 6 months. (Not that you'd tell from the chat on here!)

I've crossed over a tad , son has bought some BTC using his savings and my coinbase account, averaging the purchases over this week, finishes UNI in 2 years and expects to get a windfall , his money ( and who knows )

Coindbase should start taking RVN imminently

Firstly, given that Raffe, myself and many others on here took part I the GME, AMC, NAKD organised pump and dump plays earlier in the year, I do not think my question to Raffe above was unethical or out of order at all.

Secondly, Raffe and I are allowed to have a bit of bater on here. We do speak outside of TZ have been sharing PMs and e-mails for months. In fact, he has been an excellent help and very kind to me over the last 6 months. (Not that you'd tell from the chat on here!)
    He is just a d*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I've crossed over a tad , son has bought some BTC using his savings and my coinbase account, averaging the purchases over this week, finishes UNI in 2 years and expects to get a windfall , his money ( and who knows )

Coindbase should start taking RVN imminently

Wow, best of luck to the young lad.

Ah bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Ah bless him.
    You sometimes see him driving by?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Dfinity launching this evening on several exchanges. I don't remember too many coins getting listed on Binance/Coinbase on day 1

ICP is the ticker

https://dfinity.org/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...internet-video

I'm in as soon as it launches so expect a huge dip!

Plenty of members were interested in Internet Computer coin a couple of weeks ago.

It was listed on all exchanges with a massively expensive social media campaign supporting it.

Turns out, insiders couldn't wait to dump $2 billion worth of coins on the gullibles. It appears it was only designed to make a handful of people very rich at the expense of people who were duped into thinking this was the next big thing: a typical shitcoin rug-pull exercise.

Strange that the website hasn't updated to show all the recent press coverage, which isn't quite as bright as these:

Long story short, it has lost 96% of its value in the two months since its launch. Hope nobody on TZ-UK got really hurt.

You sometimes see him driving by?
    Nah, I wish as that would be hilarious.

Master
    Internet Computer: I know someone who has got stung, not on TZ, but was in for 5 figures.

This is the same guy I referenced before who had made a 200k pot from 20k, mostly investing in early start-ups

He's got this one massively wrong

I had suggested to him when things were flying to cash out a bit and buy property, I don't think he listened

He's a young lad, nice lad actually, (and a pregnant wife)

'You gotta know when to hold em, when to fold em, when to walk away, when to run'

Master
    Blog Entries
    Plenty of members were interested in Internet Computer coin a couple of weeks ago.

It was listed on all exchanges with a massively expensive social media campaign supporting it.

Turns out, insiders couldn't wait to dump $2 billion worth of coins on the gullibles. It appears it was only designed to make a handful of people very rich at the expense of people who were duped into thinking this was the next big thing: a typical shitcoin rug-pull exercise.

Strange that the website hasn't updated to show all the recent press coverage, which isn't quite as bright as these:

Long story short, it has lost 96% of its value in the two months since its launch. Hope nobody on TZ-UK got really hurt.

How many more crypto mugs exist to keep these things rolling?

I've invested £20 in TheGraph

Last of the high rollers

I wonder if bitcoin bros would find fault in this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57901113

Was just reading that.

Common opinion seems to be that the sooner it all gets regulated, the sooner moon.

Was just reading that.

Common opinion seems to be that the sooner it all gets regulated, the sooner moon.
    Not sure mate as if it is regulated it loses much of its purpose. It just becomes another currency (like many others) except this one is harder to buy stuff with.

Was just reading that.

The sooner it gets regulated, the sooner the business of using it for ransom attacks stops. If that means moon, suppose we'll find out.

You know what my long-term target price is (coincidently the same for BTC, Argo Blockchain and MicroTragedy).