closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 59 of 139 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,950 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    So with the risk of being shot down in flames....SHIB anyone?
    Stay away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I have found my crypto wallet and I know o had a couple of grands worth of telcoin from a few years ago when I gave a tip on here. But I cant remember the logon etc although I do have the bit of paper where you write down all the words to get back into it. I assume the situation is retrievable?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yes, and you shouldn’t even need the wallet. Just the seed info, and restore the wallet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkit View Post
    Relatively new to the crypto, stuff but I like the ICP model, I'm on Binance, cannot figure out how to buy any ICP, any one know?
    In Binance you can buy ICP with usdt or btc and a few others. Just change whatever you have to one of those and buy away

Master
    I have found my crypto wallet and I know o had a couple of grands worth of telcoin from a few years ago when I gave a tip on here. But I cant remember the logon etc although I do have the bit of paper where you write down all the words to get back into it. I assume the situation is retrievable?

I’d be doing all you can to retrieve it Ryan as you could be sitting on 100k plus.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    In Binance you can buy ICP with usdt or btc and a few others. Just change whatever you have to one of those and buy away
    I finally worked out how to do that and bought...... Shib.

Is it worth getting some ICP, I wonder. Or should I wait until it dips. Lot of fun this to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post

Is it worth getting some ICP, I wonder. Or should I wait until it dips. Lot of fun this to be honest.
    Don't knock it until you've tried CumRocket, DogShit or SCAM.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Lots of memecoins going parabolic atm. It will die at some point but I have no idea when. Ride it* while you can if you dare. I've stuck a little in some and done ok.

*Not financial advice

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Thanks, appreciate its a dumb question, but why can you by some Cash/Card directly and others you have to buy other coins first, whats the logic?

I have just set up a MetaMask storage account, I wrote down the key details you have to remember and put that in a safe place away, will probably back it up elsewhere, all in the hope I have a surprise like your going to get when you open that account.

If you put a couple of grand into Telcoin two years ago that could be worth a fortune - £2000 / 0.000597(12/5/19 Price) = 3,350,083.75 x Todays price 0.03885 = £130,117.253 - something looks wrong as that number looks too big, just open that wallet and tell us how much it is worth!!

Just send me the key details, will hide them underneath the bed for you.

Master
    Thanks, appreciate its a dumb question, but why can you by some Cash/Card directly and others you have to buy other coins first, whats the logic?
    I don't know tbh, I think it's down to the exchange

When you are exchanging one for the other, the exchange earns a fee and the marketmaker a spread. If you do it twice, there are two fees and two spreads.

Got into the wallet. Turned out the Telcoin I'd bought isn't on the ledger so I think I've left it on an exchange somewhere. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the exchange but it was in Hong Kong. I'll find that out and login.

What I did find amongst the crappy coins like OMG etc was 4 Ethereum coins. So not millionnaire stuff but not bad for something just lying around :)

What I did find amongst the crappy coins like OMG etc was 4 Ethereum coins. So not millionnaire stuff but not bad for something just lying around :)
    Beats finding an old pound coin down the back of the sofa. Well done.

Craftsman
    Quick question..

On Kucoin when you have bought something do you just leave it in your trading account or exchange it back across to main?

Thanks

Master
    Got into the wallet. Turned out the Telcoin I'd bought isn't on the ledger so I think I've left it on an exchange somewhere. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the exchange but it was in Hong Kong. I'll find that out and login.

The exchange will have been kucoin I’d bet mate, if you bought a few thousand it’s worth hunting im sure my punt was 50ish quid is now around 1k

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    Quick question..

On Kucoin when you have bought something do you just leave it in your trading account or exchange it back across to main?

Thanks
    It doesn’t matter really unless you’re trading some and saving some if you’re just holding and never trade no need to separate

Master

Great result :-)

Grayscale BTC Trust at 20% discount to NAV.

What now?

So with the risk of being shot down in flames....SHIB anyone?

How did that go for you? Not a bad one-day return.

Master
    Just bought some SaveYourAssets (SYA) for a long hold.
    Seems interesting.

https://www.sya.today/

https://bscscan.com/token/0x83A86adf...08052e0a2aAD0e

I have just started investing in cryptos so do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    How did that go for you? Not a bad one-day return.

Raffe, I’ve not sold my car, invested my life’s savings or any inheritance I was left. I’ve bought £30 worth which is about the same amount as a Saturday night takeaway. I’m aware it’s a risks and likely to be a waste of time but as I’ve said before it’s a little bit of fun and a £30 punt.

Raffe, I’ve not sold my car, invested my life’s savings or any inheritance I was left. I’ve bought £30 worth which is about the same amount as a Saturday night takeaway. I’m aware it’s a risks and likely to be a waste of time but as I’ve said before it’s a little bit of fun and a £30 punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    To be fair Dogecoin is an absolute joke and its putting down a lot of seriously good projects based through crypto, I think as time goes on blockchain projects will become more serious and stable, remember its still a fairly new entity like lots of tech that has arisen in the last 10/15 years so there is going to be people pushing the boundaries.

I think the likes of Doge will be a thing of the past and slower more stable gains will be achieved.

Bitcoin crashing $2.5k on this. Papa, you OK?

Good old Elon driving down the price for us. Glad I didn't go crazy yesterday. But if this goes below 50... oh boy.

He really needs someone to curb his thoughts, its unbelievable he can post a tweet and adjust markets essentially to Tesla's advantage, Twitter needs to give him the Trump treatment..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    He really needs someone to curb his thoughts, its unbelievable he can post a tweet and adjust markets essentially to Tesla's advantage, Twitter needs to give him the Trump treatment..
    Well, this isn't exactly to Tesla's advantage. The only reasons that Tesla didn't report a very large loss during the last quarter was because they realised a profit on their bitcoin holding and because they sold emission rights to Fiat. Guess what, if bitcoin tanks because of this tweet, none of the two incomes will be available next quarter. Maybe they should consider making money from selling cars? That would be a first, but then their main market China collapsed by almost 70% in April.

Well, this isn't exactly to Tesla's advantage. The only reasons that Tesla didn't report a very large loss during the last quarter was because they realised a profit on their bitcoin holding and because they sold emission rights to Fiat. Guess what, if bitcoin tanks because of this tweet, none of the two incomes will be available next quarter. Maybe they should consider making money from selling cars? That would be a first, but then their main market China collapsed by almost 70% in April.
    What do you think is behind his decision?

Maybe SNL got to him. He wants to be loved and has found a new audience.

What do you think is behind his decision?

Maybe SNL got to him. He wants to be loved and has found a new audience.
    Honestly?

I have no idea. Obviously he is right about the energy consumption, but then he doesn't care about the environment, that's all a big show. And didn't Tesla say they did due diligence about BTC before they approved it as treasury holding? Did they miss this aspect? It also makes no real sense to just keep it, according to my understanding they can only book gains if they realise them (which he ruled out in the statement), but need to adjust book value if it drops. So they are in the worst possible situation, can't sell, need to write down if it drops.

I think the most probable explanation is that he and Grimes got completely stoned and decided to do something crazy. Curious to see how he will reverse himself out of this mess. Meanwhile, my puts have jumped another 60% today.

Dave, what do you think about Elon?

https://twitter.com/robinivski/statu...24412692819978

This new world is hilarious.

Potentially expensive, but hilarious. Not so funny: lots of people on reddit talking about not being able to pay off their student loans etc. Damn, Elon!

Master
    I wonder how much he bought..

Bitcoin

I get the actual tweet isn’t helping Tesla directly, but indirectly it pushes their green agenda which is a bit farcical when you consider the amount of energy used and damage to the planet while mining precious minerals and metals used in the batteries.

Yes, Tesla have/are trying to step away from colbalt but there are also other materials that require huge amounts of mining for such small quantities.

His tweets comments really should be taken with a pinch of salt especially after he said this -

"Look, I know I sometimes say or post strange things, but that's just how my brain works," he said.
    "To anyone who's been offended, I just want to say I reinvented electric cars, and I'm sending people to Mars in a rocket ship. Did you think I was also going to be a chill, normal dude?"

Farcical fraud plays with ponzi, brave new world.

Master
    And guess what uses less energy than Bitcoin? Yup, DOGE. Though it would be nice if it was XLM or maybe ALGO. Or Litecoin, not that I have any, but PayPal is supporting it.

Anyone feeling brave this morning? I actually bought a little EOS, since I was late on the Thiel announcement yesterday.

So Musk is concerned at the fossils fuels being burnt to produce electricity to run bitcoin mines, as it's bad for the environment. Well, ok. So his cars are ok though, yeah, they only use electricity produced by unicorn farts

Bitcoin

Speculation in the FT comments that the real reason EM backtracked on Bitcoin is that Tesla would have lost US Government green subsidies.

Makes sense to me that the US Government may have leaned on Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    So Musk is concerned at the fossils fuels being burnt to produce electricity to run bitcoin mines, as it's bad for the environment. Well, ok. So his cars are ok though, yeah, they only use electricity produced by unicorn farts
    It's just theatre, he would've known about the fossil fuels/ energy costs when he first started dabbling and If he's such a big greeny why the fat/heavy tesla electric pickup truck instead of lower weight vehicles, theatre and greed/ambition that's what interests freaky Elon.

How much CO2 is produced when heating a prison cell?

Master
    LOL all the FUD directed at Tesla all these years.. and he uses the same argument against bitcoin.

Everyone has their own agenda.. and here on TZ is no different, whether it be Sub pricing, or crypto. Its all driven by pure greed but no one wants to admit it.

BTW, great opportunity yesterday to BTMFD.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

lolz Do the hustle.

But really KK what you're saying or acknowledging is that everyone actually has the SAME agenda not their own agenda...that pure greed rules, albeit expressed through crypto, rolex ,whatever the different mechanism.

Madness of crowds same as it ever was... now with added social media, enhanced fear of missing out.
    Last edited by Passenger; 13th May 2021 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Speculation in the FT comments that the real reason EM backtracked on Bitcoin is that Tesla would have lost US Government green subsidies.

Makes sense to me that the US Government may have leaned on Tesla.
    I'd also heard this - BTC as a Tesla treasury play is fine, but buying an EV with it would have jeopardise a lot of funding they need to continue scaling the business.

Bitcoin

The US Government will never allow anything to significantly undermine their Fiat currency.

They have confiscated gold in the past.

The US Government will never allow anything to significantly undermine their Fiat currency.

They have confiscated gold in the past.
    So do you think that's what motivated 'them' to lean on Elon, his flogging twizlas for bitchpoin was undermining the greenback...btw how many cars did he sell...I'm struggling to keep up wth the various narratives I'll admit it...I thought it'd been established crypto isn't now going to be a currency...

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    So do you think that's what motivated 'them' to lean on Elon
    Nobody knows, but does it matter? What matters is that the theory is very credible and seeds of doubt and paranoia are being created.

If you are holding Bitcoin I’m sure you are asking yourself, is the the start of US Government meddling.

Nobody knows, but does it matter? What matters is that the theory is very credible and seeds of doubt and paranoia are being created.

If you are holding Bitcoin I’m sure you are asking yourself, is the the start of US Government meddling.
    Just interested, facts do still matter I like to think especially now more than ever... I'll never hodl bitcoin, I'll stick to what I've half a chance of understanding.

Master
    I wonder what (other) alt coins Elon is buying before announcing he’ll accept them as payment? All seems a bit too easy somehow...

FWIW I think it will go pop at some point but I don’t think this is it, something will pump next time he feels like it and FOMO will take over again, for a bit (just a hunch from someone with next to no crypto experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I wonder what (other) alt coins Elon is buying before announcing he’ll accept them as payment? All seems a bit too easy somehow...

FWIW I think it will go pop at some point but I don’t think this is it, something will pump next time he feels like it and FOMO will take over again, for a bit (just a hunch from someone with next to no crypto experience).
    Hunches = 'more wishful thinking' ...
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Hunches = 'more wishful thinking' ...
    Ha quite likely!