closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 87 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 6926

Thread: Bitcoin

Trading is not about being clever.

You need a plan and stick to it. Let winners run, cut the losses. Manage your downside.

Be disciplined, all of my bad losses happen when I am not sticking to the plan.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    I probably should have qualified my point by saying — I’m not clever / disciplined enough to try to trade. Anytime I’ve tried, I’ve lost.

Surely though as a first step you must decide to be long or short? How you arrive at that decision is clever?

Master
    Have we any members buying NFTs?

On another forum I frequent, these guys are buying up every new project that comes along -- crazy if you ask me..

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I probably should have qualified my point by saying — I’m not clever / disciplined enough to try to trade. Anytime I’ve tried, I’ve lost.

Surely though as a first step you must decide to be long or short? How you arrive at that decision is clever?
    I decided to go long at 45k when El Salvador dropped the price, plan was that as long as it stayed above the liquidation point of 40127 I would let it run, if it hit a price close to what some are predicting by Christmas then happy days.

I was 8x leveraged which is why my liquidation price was not far off the buy in, live and learn as they say!!

Bitcoin

I don’t even know what going long means so I have decided to just check the price weekly instead of daily - and just hold on for the ride

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I decided to go long at 45k when El Salvador dropped the price, plan was that as long as it stayed above the liquidation point of 40127 I would let it run, if it hit a price close to what some are predicting by Christmas then happy days.

I was 8x leveraged which is why my liquidation price was not far off the buy in, live and learn as they say!!
    I think given the recent spikes and falls 50k would be acceptable by Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I don’t even know what going long means so I have decided to just check the price weekly instead of daily - and just hold on for the ride
    Going Long means you are trading against the price going up, Going Short is trading against the price going down.

Master
    Have we any members buying NFTs?

On another forum I frequent, these guys are buying up every new project that comes along -- crazy if you ask me..
    I've been in NFTs since March this year. Sold too many too soon.

NFTs provide digital proof of ownership and authenticity.. which is what interests me. Add that to something people want.. and you have the digital equivalent of an indestructible Daytona.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

I will buy an NFT when and if Nile Rodgers puts his catalogue up for NFT, because I like the fella and his music will live on and appreciate .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    I've been in NFTs since March this year. Sold too many too soon.

NFTs provide digital proof of ownership and authenticity.. which is what interests me. Add that to something people want.. and you have the digital equivalent of an indestructible Daytona.

I understand this part, but people are paying thousands for jpeg images - it's all way over my head

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I will buy an NFT when and if Nile Rodgers puts his catalogue up for NFT, because I like the fella and his music will live on and appreciate .

Fellow fan here, seen Chic twice in Montreux and those are amongst the best concerts I have ever been to.

Master
    I understand this part, but people are paying thousands for jpeg images - it's all way over my head
    Yup. Millions even for certain ones.

You saying the original rights to this picture are not worth $1,000,000? Ignorant philistine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Fellow fan here, seen Chic twice in Montreux and those are amongst the best concerts I have ever been to.
    It's rumoured Rodgers it's a fan of NFTs as he loves the concept of fan ownership etc etc , watch this space, it's obviously a huge catalogue and a lot of work but I think it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Yup. Millions even for certain ones.

I think people will try and make money , that's capitalism .

I would buy an NFT for the right reasons, to ensure every sale thereafter the original artists continues to earn money from their art and because I'm engaged in their craft, such as Rodgers back catalogue.

There will be scams like rock jpegs but also genuine NFTs , but using them to make money isn't for me. I'd buy for the right reasons for me

My 14 year old son was saying about NFT's a long time ago, apparently its easy to make bank while gaming! Me being slightly out of touch can not see how these Minecraft looking pixel art jpegs can be worth so much.

The divide between old skool trading/investing/stocks/markets looks to be miles away from new Crypto/NFTs/ALTs/Pump and dump to the moon investing of the young today.

I can certainly see how young people would prefer to put their money in the later that runs 24/7 rather than the stuffy old markets that operate 5 days a week and close every night at 4.30pm..

Yeah the idea you can buy an NFT in a young painter who later becomes the new Picasso is just ridiculous, buy an NFT because you like the artist and want to support them or have an emotional bond to their work

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You saying the original rights to this picture are not worth $1,000,000? Ignorant philistine.
    *Right-click, save-as* :-)

*Right-click, save-as* :-)
    * soapy enters the chat *

Are you police?

Master
    Blog Entries

The divide between old skool trading/investing/stocks/markets looks to be miles away from new Crypto/NFTs/ALTs/Pump and dump to the moon investing of the young today.

I can certainly see how young people would prefer to put their money in the later that runs 24/7 rather than the stuffy old markets that operate 5 days a week and close every night at 4.30pm..
    Well all the time there is a stream of new young people willing to put their cash into all these various digital tokens of various shapes and sizes it will continue to roll ... but one day it will run out ...

The old boring stocks are actually part ownership of a company that actually functions in delivering some sort of product or service that people actually need and will pay money for and will create profits that will be returned to the owners.

This current phase of digital "assets" is a modern day mania of nonsense ... sure it is making many people highly wealthy whilst the mania is in full progress but just stand back and look ... where is the intrinsic value in any of this nonsense?

Note: owning the rights to values intellectual property of course has value but some daft jpeg?

There was some Polish bird the other day selling NFTs of 3D scans of her 'bits'

Possibly NSFW https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-73-000.html

Master
    I have NFT shares in https://coinsilium.com/, bought at a high price, since then dropped 50%

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    There was some Polish bird the other day selling NFTs of 3D scans of her 'bits'

Possibly NSFW https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-73-000.html
    NFT = 'Not For Touching' presumably

You can hold crypto in your PayPal Wallet now

Fees are higher but hard to beat for convenience

Master
    Just had the email from Paypal too, it will encourage those not 'tech-savvy' to enter the market I think

PP have a lot of users I'm sure

44k this morning

More news..

https://twitter.com/bitcoinmagazine/...667376643?s=21

Not sure I'd call PSV a football giant, but..
    Last edited by demonloop; 23rd September 2021 at 08:19.

Just had the email from Paypal too, it will encourage those not 'tech-savvy' to enter the market I think

44k this morning

More news..

Bigger than Stenhousemuir!

I’m happy not going for more obscure crypto so the PayPal offerings of BTC ETH and LTC are enough for me.

Master
    Blog Entries

44k this morning

More news..

It’s easy to buy BTC. I have options in my Revolut and PayPal account at the push of a “button”. This will likely bring a new wave of small time speculators.

Crypto/BTC is gradually creeping into more recognisable everyday life businesses, maybe a concern is that traditional currencies will at some point long into the future feel threatened.

Crypto/BTC is gradually creeping into more recognisable everyday life businesses, maybe a concern is that traditional currencies will at some point long into the future feel threatened.
    A currency isn’t really something that can feel threatened though maybe the issuing governments might.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    A currency isn’t really something that can feel threatened though maybe the issuing governments might.
    I suppose thats my point, the US would not accept the dollar being rivalled, but you need traditional currency in the first place to buy crypto, where will it all go?

I suppose thats my point, the US would not accept the dollar being rivalled, but you need traditional currency in the first place to buy crypto, where will it all go?
    Just use all the world's money to buy property in China , easiest way to get rid of it

He needs to buy some books for his bookcase

Meanwhile Lincolnshire Police have uncovered "a machine that makes Bitcoin".

https://www.mrw.co.uk/news/illegally...ne-24-09-2021/

It's a normal day, use social media to create a panic about China again, banning crypto , see it drop, buy it , sell when the FUD is uncloaked, rinse and repeat

It's a normal day, use social media to create a hype about the lightning network again, using BTC for payments, see it rise, sell it, buy it back when the hype is uncloaked, rinse and repeat.

https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/s...97600904531982

Master
    Sadly I fear Dave and Raffe are both correct

PS if anyone knows where I can find a Bitcoin machine, PM please..

Apparently plenty of them for sale out of China today.

Sadly I fear Dave and Raffe are both correct

I can send you one ... it won't make many or indeed any most likely, and certainly it'll cost more in electricity to run than the bitcoin it will generate but in theory it works ...

Lol

Interesting that all the crypto in my watchlist is down by 6%-9% in the last 24hrs off the back of BTC as per usual but Cardano is up 2%, hopefully ADA can start to gain its own traction and buck against the forces of BTC.

Thats the main problem for crypto investing/speculating for me, BTC drags every other crypto up and down..

Interesting that all the crypto in my watchlist is down by 6%-9% in the last 24hrs off the back of BTC as per usual but Cardano is up 2%, hopefully ADA can start to gain its own traction and buck against the forces of BTC.

Thats the main problem for crypto investing/speculating for me, BTC drags every other crypto up and down..
    Yesterday I moved out of two shitters and put more into Cardano, I'm desperate

Yesterday I moved out of two shitters and put more into Cardano, I'm desperate
    Sensible, I'm tempted to buy 10 Cardano for my sons 15th birthday next week, should mean he'll be financially secure by the time he is 18, well thats what the Youtoobers predict..

Sensible, I'm tempted to buy 10 Cardano for my sons 15th birthday next week, should mean he'll be financially secure by the time he is 18, well thats what the Youtoobers predict..
    I need it to go up x100 to meet my 300k target

I need it to go up x100 to meet my 300k target
    No problem 200EX, **** the moon we're going to Mars..
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 25th September 2021 at 14:38.

When Raven hits 10$ and I've got 40k of them I'll buy everyone a drink in here

Bitcoin

I had some ADA (Cardano) for much of this year, made me some excellent returns but have just cashed it in - watching this whole China Bans Crypto news, am watching for a decent dip then perhaps grab a little more.

I do think it is one that has a positive long-term future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    I imagine that switched on here have been ‘long ‘ on petrol stations since Thursday and will ‘short ‘ them in a couple of days when every bugger’s got a full tank after queuing for hours and then forecourts are empty for days :-)