closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,050 of 6926

Thread: Bitcoin

Tesla accepting Floki Inu for their merchandise shop. That will give it a good boost.

Thank you Elon.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Tesla accepting Floki Inu for their merchandise shop. That will give it a good boost.

Thank you Elon.
    Haha buying Tesla shorts with floki..

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Wouldn’t mind an owl cyber truck tee shirt… or a 150 dollar wine decanter.

At 10bn I might even drink my vintage Rupert and Rothschild I picked up from
    SA a couple of years ago.

Oh, was Doge and not Floki. Maybe next time.

Oh again, Doge now lower than when the Coinmaster tweeted about it. Has the magic disappeared?

"When the fun stops, stop!" Says The Guardian.

How's it going in El Salvador? Any news?

Asking for a friend.

How's it going in El Salvador? Any news?

Asking for a friend.

Apparently he buys the country bitcoin using his phone

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Apparently he buys the country bitcoin using his phone

...which has earned the country another credit downgrade by Moody's (both for the fact that they are buying bitcoin in the first place as well as for lack of process in the buying decisions aka the presidential iPhone).

This is the price chart of their 2050 USD government bond over the last year. Mr. Market has spoken.

The only part of the story still missing is when the dictator makes off with a USB stick with the country's crypto holdings in his luggage.
    Last edited by Raffe; 16th January 2022 at 09:24.

The only part of the story still missing is when the dictator makes off with a USB stick with the country's crypto holdings in his luggage.
    That would be the elusive suitcase use case which everyone has been desperately seeking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    You don’t have any faith in floki? 😅
    Blessed be the faithful.

Floki now lower than when it was listed on exchanges, meaning every retail investor is in loss, most of them hugely so.

Cardano warning

https://youtu.be/v9C1u1Bl8PY

Cardano warning

https://youtu.be/v9C1u1Bl8PY

Cardano has been super volatile this week, up 50% in a week. But still down 50% from top.

Cardano has been super volatile this week, up 50% in a week. But still down 50% from top.
    Yeah if you are a long termer in it best ignore the noise later this week which is the point of the video, the developers are aware

Craftsman
    Blessed be the faithful.

Floki now lower than when it was listed on exchanges, meaning every retail investor is in loss, most of them hugely so.
    Not strictly true. There were about 10 exchanges live before the pump. Volume on gate still okay. Not beyond expectations for the alt market at the moment.

Easy money for the fundraiser ay. Roll on 31st December

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    Not strictly true. There were about 10 exchanges live before the pump. Volume on gate still okay. Not beyond expectations for the alt market at the moment.

Easy money for the fundraiser ay. Roll on 31st December
    It's lower today than on 16 September 2021, the day it was first listed on gate.io

And all the volume was traded when it was a lot higher, with the VWAP for the time since listing arounf $0.00015, suggesting the average exchange investors have lost two thirds of their investment.

Craftsman
    You are probably right, floki went as high as 0.00008 and low as 0.00002 in September on the back some
    Elon tweets. I recall it was probably around current price when the run to 3bn occurred.

I don’t look at prices religiously, expected it still in the region 0.0007 taken another dive today so for the first time in a while I’ve bought the dip.

Already up 10% or so, given I’m lucky the bull run will be starting again here 😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

Very amusing ... one point I often here from pro BTC people is that storing your wealth in an inflating FIAT currency is a bad idea therefore you should buy BTC. I don't think anyone stores their wealth in money they do so in assets of various types and just retain some money for short term and the ability to perform exchange ...

Assets have utility and so there is a sensible reason to own them ... not so with cash or crypto ...
    Last edited by Montello; 19th January 2022 at 15:55.

And loosely picking up on the recent PoW/PoS theme again, here's what appears to be a halfway decent analysis of what we can currently surmise from Intel's recent teasers for their yet to be publicly announced/acknowledged SHA256 chips.

I'd be interested to hear if Daveya's collective have been involved in any beta testing at all?

I’m sure I read somewhere that the Intel machine cannot be immersed in fluid and overclocked like the Bitmain and other miners can.

If that is the case then they’ll not be anywhere near as good a machine to buy as the current crop of machines that are being bought up by the mining companies who are building immersion facilities.

Riot* and Argo’s unpublished immersion testing on S19Js suggest they can be over locked by up to 50% without any issues. That’s huge for the company’s profit margin.

*Riot has published some initial immersion testing data.

However, the Intel machines figures are super impressive in comparison to others.

I wonder how far it can be taken to improve efficiency. Maybe there is still o lot of improvement to come.
    Last edited by mr noble; 20th January 2022 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I’m sure I read somewhere that the Intel machine cannot be immersed in fluid and overclocked like the Bitmain and other miners can.

If that is the case then they’ll not be anywhere near as good a machine to buy as the current crop of machines that are being bought up by the mining companies who are building immersion facilities.

Riot* and Argo’s unpublished immersion testing on S19Js suggest they can be over locked by up to 50% without any issues. That’s huge for the company’s profit margin.

*Riot has published some initial immersion testing data.

However, the Intel machines figures are super impressive in comparison to others.

I wonder how far it can be taken to improve efficiency. Maybe there is still o lot of improvement to come.
    How come you know what their unpublished testing says? That would be insider knowledge?

By the way, how is it going for Argo? Given the overclocking and the resulting exploding profit margins, I would expect them to be really making hay at the moment with bitcoin above $40k? Are the shares climbing towards 300 pence already?

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    And loosely picking up on the recent PoW/PoS theme again, here's what appears to be a halfway decent analysis of what we can currently surmise from Intel's recent teasers for their yet to be publicly announced/acknowledged SHA256 chips.

I'd be interested to hear if Daveya's collective have been involved in any beta testing at all?
    We spent 5k on 4 RTX 3080s and they will be flogged till they drop

We spent 5k on 4 RTX 3080s and they will be flogged till they drop
    Out of interest whats the electricity consumption like?

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Paltry, I suspect.

Leccy not as big an issue as gas fees

How come you know what their unpublished testing says? That would be insider knowledge?
    Immersion testing has been tried and tested by the rig manufacturers and some other independent miners, but no official figures have come from the two listed mining companies who are building immersion facilities yet. (Riot and Argo)

Both have leaked info stating a "more than a 25% increase in hash rate". Fully immersed rigs have been pushed to 50% over their rating.

Bitmain and other rig makers do not include any warranty on new machines that will get immersed and no listed company has done it at scale yet, hence there aren't any solid figures.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Immersion testing has been tried and tested by the rig manufacturers and some other independent miners, but no official figures have come from the two listed mining companies who are building immersion facilities yet. (Riot and Argo)

Both have leaked info stating a "more than a 25% increase in hash rate". Fully immersed rigs have been pushed to 50% over their rating.

Bitmain and other rig makers do not include any warranty on new machines that will get immersed and no listed company has done it at scale yet, hence there aren't any solid figures.
    How does this "leaking" of information work? Is this relevant knowledge for investors? Asking for a friend.

Michael, Nayib - you alright buddies?

Crypto is taking a kicking off the back of this BTC drop - HODL all the way to the next Bull..

Crypto is taking a kicking off the back of this BTC drop - HODL all the way to the next Bull..
    5% pump 10% dump to the moon!

Master
    I'm taking a wait and see approach atm, now 50% into stable coins. Fed tapering is what I'm focused on.. loose policy and endless money printing is what inflated assets these couple years, so makes sense their intention to turn off the taps could trigger de-risking. The slow bleed has been evident since mid-Dec, and with tax bills due.. could see similarities to 2018 crypto crash. Always prudent to take profits so hope all playing in crypto here are being careful managing your portfolio allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    I'm taking a wait and see approach atm, now 50% into stable coins. Fed tapering is what I'm focused on.. loose policy and endless money printing is what inflated assets these couple years, so makes sense their intention to turn off the taps could trigger de-risking. The slow bleed has been evident since mid-Dec, and with tax bills due.. could see similarities to 2018 crypto crash. Always prudent to take profits so hope all playing in crypto here are being careful managing your portfolio allocation.

Sensible, except that only part of the derisking is accomplished by moving into stablecoins. You are trading market risk for credit risk. Just saying.

True story

I bought an Mx5 on the forum, worth 2k more than I paid 1 year ago

Pumped 10k into sneaky crypto portfolio ( of you can calls these things a portfolio of shyte ) and I've lost 2k

I'm quits

Master
    Sensible, except that only part of the derisking is accomplished by moving into stablecoins. You are trading market risk for credit risk. Just saying.
    Perhaps so, there is always going to be some inherent/residual risk in any system. My plan is still to be fully invested in crypto one way or another, but happy to let the market and wider macro picture to be clearer first.

NFTs are still poppin though!

Master
    It’s melting :-(

Not selling though, obviously

Duck, or no dinner

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Perhaps so, there is always going to be some inherent/residual risk in any system. My plan is still to be fully invested in crypto one way or another, but happy to let the market and wider macro picture to be clearer first.

NFTs are still poppin though!

What's the advantage of keeping money "in the system" if the value is fixed to the Dollar (which is a currency risk for you anyway), but contrary to the Dollar you have credit risk? That doesn't make sense.

Master
    What's the advantage of keeping money "in the system" if the value is fixed to the Dollar (which is a currency risk for you anyway), but contrary to the Dollar you have credit risk? That doesn't make sense.
    Yes there is credit risk with all stablecoins - so hopefully I have chosen the one with the strongest collateral behind it (why I wouldn't touch USDT!). As for keeping it in the system, it's merely because this is just a short term position for me, and ease to swap back into ETH/yield farming plays.

Mr. Saylor, please report to your creditors. Mr. Saylor please!

Saylor must be pushing to remove Nick Leeson from the Guinness Book of records

Craftsman
    It’s not even as low as the summer last year. Nothing to worry about.

Back in the 40s by Monday afternoon i reckon. Tuesday at the latest 😉

Saylor must be pushing to remove Nick Leeson from the Guinness Book of records

Down another $25 since my post above. Minus 18% today.

About time he announced another convertible to buy more bitcoin.

About time he announced another convertible to buy more bitcoin.
    He's certainly out to project the notion that he would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    He's certainly out to project the notion that he would like to.

If I was in his board that interview would leave me with two options: fire him or resign myself.

This will be a huge liability for the directors - once this company has burned into the ground there will be years of litigation.

Hello!

Kluivert subbed for Ramos

If you find bitcoin or Microstrategy too risky, you may want to consider investing into El Salvador's 2023 US$ government bonds? Yielding a cool 33% per annum to maturity.

Guess when it was that wannabe dictator/trader Bukele announced that he was going to use taxpayer money to buy bitcoin?

Kluivert back on

Kluivert back on

Panic in cryptoland.

This could be a short-term buying opportunity: