timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 94 of 139 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,700 of 6927

Thread: Bitcoin

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    What the flok is floki inu?

EDIT: Just looked via coinbase, so I could have put £100 in on the 27/10 and today it would be worth £5k - brilliant!!

Got anymore crap coin tips??
    It’s only up about 6x this week and still rising.

Doge is a shiba inu called floki…

$pets - utter poo poo but the Chinese seem to lapping it up. 200quid is currently 2grand in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    It’s only up about 6x this week and still rising.

Doge is a shiba inu called floki…

$pets - utter poo pop but the Chinese seem to lapping it up. 200quid is currently 2grand in a week or so.
    There was too many zeros for me on a saturday morning, I meant £500 not £5k

Master
    Love to buy some floki but can't on binance

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Love to buy some floki but can't on binance

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Binance will be coming. 3bn market cap and best exchange at the moment is gate.io

By the time it’s on binance it’ll be 20bil probably. That’s the downside.

Serious question: all of the dog coins, do they have any purpose other than to appreciate? I cannot find any. Launch a coin, tell people it's the next "number go up" game and sit back until riches hit.

Never seen any more obvious game of musical chairs. Yes, money is loose in 2021, but there will be a time of reckoning and that will be ugly.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Serious question: all of the dog coins, do they have any purpose other than to appreciate? I cannot find any. Launch a coin, tell people it's the next "number go up" game and sit back until riches hit.

Never seen any more obvious game of musical chairs. Yes, money is loose in 2021, but there will be a time of reckoning and that will be ugly.
    That's why I can't believe anyone wouldn't take bog profits now, madness

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Floki is making a metaverse game that will blow axie infinity away. It’s partnered with Elon’s brothers million garden movement.

Dog money plus nft game. Soon lambo
    Still plenty of hype around nft’s with use rather than collectible JPEG’s favoured by money launderers and war lords.

There a dip now raffe good time to get in 

Lolz.

Craftsman
    I used to anti crypto. Sure there are plenty of scams and rugs. But some have fundamental value.

Next you’ll be telling me Tesla isn’t worth 1 trillion. More than the 9 biggest car companies combined.

The consequences of ultra easy monetary policy isn’t inflation. It’s dog money!

I used to anti crypto. Sure there are plenty of scams and rugs. But some have fundamental value.

Next you’ll be telling me Tesla isn’t worth 1 trillion. More than the 9 biggest car companies combined.

The consequences of ultra easy monetary policy isn’t inflation. It’s dog money!
    I agree with the second part of your statement. The first one is just laughable.

Craftsman
    You’re starting to sound like Taleb.

Btc fundamental value is questionable beyond scarcity. Other projects will solve real world problems.
    Just the market is inefficiently efficient. People haven’t worked out projects have utility when you can make bare gainz on doggo coins.

Even better buying opportunity on floki now. Was 3bn now on sale at 2bn

Raffe getting skooled on crap coins C’mon Raffe, chuck £100 in and lose your crypto virginity to a dog..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Raffe getting skooled on crap coins C’mon Raffe, chuck £100 in and lose your crypto virginity to a dog..
    I hadn't noticed that I was getting schooled, thanks for letting me know.

They aren't "crap coins", the proper term is "shit coins". And they have that name for a reason.

Craftsman
    I thought I was winning you over raffe! Haha

I know you’re a finance man. The markowitz optimal portfolio can be improved with crypto assets in it! Just don’t bet the farm.

I hadn't noticed that I was getting schooled, thanks for letting me know.

They aren't "crap coins", the proper term is "shit coins". And they have that name for a reason.
    If only you'd said dog shit coins, would have been up for post of the year

I thought I was winning you over raffe! Haha

I know you’re a finance man. The markowitz optimal portfolio can be improved with crypto assets in it! Just don’t bet the farm.
    I am not that sure. Obviously any additional uncorrelated asset class will improve the portfolio, but in my book crypto is correlated with risk appetite in a way no other asset class is. When the dog-poo hits the fan, all will be going south at the same time as equities and commodities. Can't see that it will improve the portfolio in any significant way.

You may disagree, but we simply don't have enough data to have a proper discussion about it.

If you’d bought $1000 worth of Shiba in April, it’d have been pretty good for your portfolio.

Serious question, Raffe, do you still think Bitcoin will go to zero? I mean actual zero zero, dead?

Bitcoin

Surely any money invested that makes a decent return has got to be a good investment. The guys lucky enough to have bought at 0.000000001 are laughing their tits off. It seems that unless it’s Bitcoin it’s just a joke and not worthy of anything which is stupid. Unless you’ve got squillions of pounds to invest in Bitcoin, doggy coins are the only option viable for a lot of people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 30th October 2021 at 23:15.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    If you’d bought $1000 worth of Shiba in April, it’d have been pretty good for your portfolio.

Serious question, Raffe, do you still think Bitcoin will go to zero? I mean actual zero zero, dead?
    Yes

Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Surely any money invested that makes a decent return has got to be a good investment. The guys lucky enough to have bought at 0.000000001 are laughing their tits off. It seems that unless it’s Bitcoin it’s just a joke and not worthy of anything which is stupid. Unless you’ve got squillions of pounds to invest in Bitcoin, doggy coins are the only option viable for a lot of people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thing is lots of companies and institutions will go to the wall/bankrupt/zero balance over time but that doesn’t stop them being investable before that day comes.

Yes
    It was a closed question, so it was rightly answered as such. But, to open it up a little, when do you think it will go to zero? Round it up to a year, or even a decade if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    It was a closed question, so it was rightly answered as such. But, to open it up a little, when do you think it will go to zero? Round it up to a year, or even a decade if you prefer.
    No idea.

But it will eventually reach its intrinsic value.

It may be a facetious point, but IMO it cannot ever go to zero unless electricity ceases to exist or humanity is wiped out by an ELE.

The arse could certainly fall out of Bitcoin and it could lose 99% of its value, but I don’t think it could ever go to zero.

There would be people for the rest of time, who would think it’s fun to own some BTC, even if they only cost $0.01 and they’re running the mining/node on their computer at home. It will always have a value, even if only in museums. Just like an old Motorola brick phone will always have a value.

I guess your point, Raffe, is that you think it will lose 99.9% of its value, and for all intents and purposes it would have “gone to zero”. That’s fair enough.

I still don’t think that’ll happen in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    It may be a facetious point, but IMO it cannot ever go to zero unless electricity ceases to exist or humanity is wiped out by an ELE.

The arse could certainly fall out of Bitcoin and it could lose 99% of its value, but I don’t think it could ever go to zero.

There would be people for the rest of time, who would think it’s fun to own some BTC, even if they only cost $0.01 and they’re running the mining/node on their computer at home. It will always have a value, even if only in museums. Just like an old Motorola brick phone will always have a value.

I guess your point, Raffe, is that you think it will lose 99.9% of its value, and for all intents and purposes it would have “gone to zero”. That’s fair enough.

I still don’t think that’ll happen in my lifetime.
    obvs

Sunday's such a shit day on the way to the moon

Scheduled to arrive on sales corner shortly - the McDonald's McRib NFT.

I don't know that much about cryptos, but I kind of agree with Raffe that the long term value will be 0 or close to. But as a short term way to make huge amounts of money its got to be one of the best. If you had time to watch the markets and jump on any spikes and day trade you could do very well. You just need to have alot of time to look at the markets and be ready to react quuckly.

Master
    I really can't see how this goes to zero, but nothing is impossible

Gensler loves it , he's an expert , he will get controls in place

Lol

Mom is the best, her timeline is full of stuff like this.

Mom is the best, her timeline is full of stuff like this.
    Yeah

Within the last hour, Binance has frozen all crypto withdrawals, then opened them again, then frozen again.

I am sure all will be good, after all rights of consumers will be protected because of....? Oops.

https://twitter.com/binance/status/1...npe3ZRHUeZw1Ww

Meanwhile, proof has surfaced that there are suitable applications for crypto.

I was wrong. Eating my hat.

A meme coin based on dystopian TV show Squid Game looks to have ‘rug-pulled’, sending the price of the token straight to zero after a massive rise. The $SQUID token – which was used to buy-in to a round of an associated game – is known as a ‘play-to-earn’ cryptocurrency, where people buy tokens to play an array of games on the platform. A flurry of investors started to jump on the token following its launch on October 27 and play the game while also chasing a quick profit. Early suspicions did arise when investors reported they were unable to sell their tokens due to ‘innovative anti-dumping technology’, which restricted investors from swapping or selling their tokens and taking profits.

A number of repeated warnings across social media and the crypto community also appeared to warn investors away from the project due to the risk involved. However, despite the warnings, investors continued to pile money into the project and risk their capital in the speculative game. CoinMarketCap even posted a notice on its token page for $SQUID, which informed users the coin may be a ‘honeypot’ scam. Then, much like the TV show’s ‘Red Light, Green Light’ contest, the colours on the charts changed quickly and the price dropped sharply after reaching a peak of approximately $2,850 – with the price crashing to zero after the game developers seemingly removed the liquidity and ‘rug-pulled‘ the project.

Based on wallet activity, it’s alleged that the developers of the game walked away with approximately $2.5m of untraceable BNB after using Tornado Cash – a site used to privatise and hide transactions on the blockchain – to ‘clean’ the stolen funds. The game’s website, Twitter and other social media platforms have now all been deleted.

Yahoo

CoinMarketCap

BREAKING: President's Working Group on Financial Markets' report on stablecoins will call for legislation to limit stablecoin issuance to "insured depositories," i.e. banks and credit unions.

One could certainly put a case forward that the groundwork and preparation is already being put in place. (Along with the attendant messaging.)

Bitcoin surge spurs City to recruit crypto natives

‘TradFi’ groups say they are investing in digital asset expertise for defensive reasons

Establishments survive by assimilating useful upstarts and excluding dangerous ones. This is the theme of Victorian novels where self-made entrepreneurs became MPs and American heiresses married dukes. It is also a trend in financial services.

The value of unregulated cryptocurrencies has soared to an estimated $2.8tn. Regulated banks, fund managers and consultants are establishing or expanding fledgling digital asset operations.

The City of London and Wall Street are wrestling with the fear of missing out. This gives workers in the unregulated crypto business a route into “TradFi” or traditional finance.

An experienced candidate can command a base salary of £150,000-£200,000 per year plus bonus, says Robert Lycett, a director of M-Wek, a London recruitment consultant. A blockchain programmer can expect £200,000-£250,000 annually. Temporary staff earn up to £1,500 per day. Even “a talented and enthusiastic [cryptocurrency] hobbyist will get a job”, Lycett adds.

One sceptical response would be that banks and brokers are staffing up on the strength of an ephemeral high in bitcoin. The flagship cryptocurrency is volatile, polluting and sometimes used for illegal payments. It accounts for about two-fifths of the estimated value of cryptos. The world is in a broader asset bubble. When this deflates, bitcoin could easily collapse.

Rich clients would then stop criticising wealth managers for refusing to deal in bitcoin or advise on it. Bosses critical of bitcoin, such as JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon, would feel vindicated.

Record highs for bitcoin are only part of the story, though. Bankers say they are investing in digital asset expertise for defensive reasons. They do not expect to ever set up operations trading in unregulated cryptos. They do envisage one day trading tokenised stocks and bonds approved by regulators. “If you aren’t ready to go on Day One, it will be too late,” says a contact.

The distributed ledger technology that underpins cryptocurrencies could make regulated transactions faster, cheaper and more sophisticated. Big banks have been experimenting for years. They have had little impetus to plunge in wholesale.

There are three reasons. First, banks have poured huge capital expenditure into legacy systems which they have no interest in disrupting. Second, there is no reliable legal or regulatory framework for dealing in digital assets. Third, there is a “collective action problem” — the syndrome whereby telephones are useless unless many people install them.

Instead, it has been left up to bitcoiners to show that a digital asset can be widely held and exchanged, albeit sometimes unreliably and disreputably. Bitcoin may therefore prompt the introduction of government-sanctioned digital currencies. China already has a limited version of this. EU central banks aspire to follow suit. The US and UK are sitting on the fence.

My hunch is that if developed democracies decide to introduce official digital currencies, it would take years. Politicians and central bankers have legacy systems and power oligopolies to defend too. Regulated digital assets such as tokenised stocks and bonds may become prevalent sooner.

In the meanwhile, most regulated businesses are staffing up in areas that do not involve trading unregulated cryptos or giving investment advice. They resemble the nice kid who avoids inhaling when passed a joint at a party.

https://www.ft.com/content/7556f53f-...4-dac0097440f0

Tether must be hunting through the business classifieds looking for a small regional bank that's selling up. Job done.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    [I]They do envisage one day trading tokenised stocks and bonds approved by regulators.[/URL]
    tZERO aims “to introduce these companies to a blockchain-based platform for tokenization and secondary trading,” I think they have SEC approval at some level.

Does anyone know of other businesses working on similar projects?

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    tZERO aims “to introduce these companies to a blockchain-based platform for tokenization and secondary trading,” I think they have SEC approval at some level.

Does anyone know of other businesses working on similar projects?
    Been a shareholder until last Friday (OSTK). Really poor management, sold the bounce.

Craftsman
    Been a shareholder until last Friday (OSTK). Really poor management, sold the bounce.
    Indeed, pain in the backside, but I like what tZero could become so I'm doggedly holding, if there are others doing similar, and likely to execute with swift efficiency, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    Indeed, pain in the backside, but I like what tZero could become so I'm doggedly holding, if there are others doing similar, and likely to execute with swift efficiency, I'd be interested.
    The problem is not only the poor execution at t-zero, but also that you have to buy this pile of garbage Overstock to own t-zero. Happy to be out (probably runs to $120 now). If you have ever traded OSTKO on their exchange, you will understand what a poor technical platform this is, if I was running t-zero I would make it first priority to make it a proper trading venue - will cost no more than 100 man-days to put in place something decent. I wonder what they are doing all day long?

Friend of mine is building a token exchange here in Luxembourg, but will trade only fund units. Think this has potential, I am a seed investor.

Master

Meanwhile, proof has surfaced that there are suitable applications for crypto.

I was wrong. Eating my hat.

A meme coin based on dystopian TV show Squid Game looks to have ‘rug-pulled’, sending the price of the token straight to zero after a massive rise. The $SQUID token – which was used to buy-in to a round of an associated game – is known as a ‘play-to-earn’ cryptocurrency, where people buy tokens to play an array of games on the platform. A flurry of investors started to jump on the token following its launch on October 27 and play the game while also chasing a quick profit. Early suspicions did arise when investors reported they were unable to sell their tokens due to ‘innovative anti-dumping technology’, which restricted investors from swapping or selling their tokens and taking profits.

A number of repeated warnings across social media and the crypto community also appeared to warn investors away from the project due to the risk involved. However, despite the warnings, investors continued to pile money into the project and risk their capital in the speculative game. CoinMarketCap even posted a notice on its token page for $SQUID, which informed users the coin may be a ‘honeypot’ scam. Then, much like the TV show’s ‘Red Light, Green Light’ contest, the colours on the charts changed quickly and the price dropped sharply after reaching a peak of approximately $2,850 – with the price crashing to zero after the game developers seemingly removed the liquidity and ‘rug-pulled‘ the project.

Based on wallet activity, it’s alleged that the developers of the game walked away with approximately $2.5m of untraceable BNB after using Tornado Cash – a site used to privatise and hide transactions on the blockchain – to ‘clean’ the stolen funds. The game’s website, Twitter and other social media platforms have now all been deleted.

Yahoo

CoinMarketCap

Another one going to zero: https://protos.com/crypto-investors-...ishing-attack/

Meanwhile, bitcoin seems to be making another attempt at skyrocketing. Looks very strong from a technical perspective, but I think I'll pass on jumping on the train due to the stablecoin legislation.

Had a chat with pension guy yesterday, they are pessimistic for next 12 months so are moving some money out of LS80 into something else, whatevs, it's what they get a fee for.

Asked him about crytpo, just laughed, they won't even talk about it

Anyway I've stuck another 2k in Polk and BTC, was for Christmas presents so the family might have to have HMV vouchers now

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Had a chat with pension guy yesterday, they are pessimistic for next 12 months so are moving some money out of LS80 into something else, whatevs...
    Your money?

I would have been inclined to ask what something else was ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Your money?

I would have been inclined to ask what something else was ...?
    Yeah my pot, dunno yet hes emailing me

Can anyone advise where I'm going wrong, last 3 months I've made 3k on BTC and ETH and lost £1500 on shit coins. Where am I going wrong? TIA

Can anyone advise where I'm going wrong, last 3 months I've made 3k on BTC and ETH and lost £1500 on shit coins. Where am I going wrong? TIA

Don't buy shit coins.

That'll be £1500 for advice, Paypal F&F please.

Don't buy shit coins.

That'll be £1500 for advice, Paypal F&F please.
    Is the address still mickp@gmail.com?

Craftsman

Pick your shitcoin very carefully. if it sounds like its terrible, its great!

$pets i mentioned below. ATH today 25 mil mcap and still climbing

i got in below 2million market cap.

ps not financial advice. Im getting out of it soon
    Last edited by Sean89; 2nd November 2021 at 17:10.