closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 865

Thread: The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

  1. #1
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1

    The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

    Chaps,

    A topic that gets debated and lots of questions asked so thought it may be good to put them all in one place.

    I have ditched the car purchasing malarky now for the past two years and have two fantastic leases running on a new Golf R and S line Q7 which work out a fraction of what the depreciation figure would be over 24 months, plus a (very) small return on the invested monies that would have been spent.

    If you are in the market place for purchasing 4yo+ cars then leasing is not for you, but if you are wanting a new standard spec new car and open to consideration of the various manufacturers then it is worth looking and doing some homework. On the subject of extras, if you start adding then the price climbs as you are effectively paying, in many cases, for the total of these over your term.

    The other consideration is mileage. If you are a 15k miles per year driver then you will struggle to find a good deal but around 10k a year it makes sense. Excess mileage charges are to be factored and in many cases it is worth looking at a lower annual mileage and paying the the additional at the end of the term.

    Over the course of the year I do get some cracking offers sent to me and I will add these as the hit the mat. New deals pop up at the start of a quarter which do run on calendar basis not financial.

    Cracker this month was a VW Golf GTI deal that ran for 48 hours which was circa 4,600 over 24 month term for 5k miles per year. Excess mileage was only 7.2p also which made this an absolute steal. I nearly jumped as the R's lease ceases in March, but those very nice folk at VWFS popped up with a loyalty campaign for existing Golf R customers which knocked close on 5k off the current lease deals, madness.

    I am sure others who are more informed will add to this and the ifs and whys for's, but lets not turn this thread into a bun fight of he said she said or folk bemoaning this route to a new car.

    This thread is here to inform and offer assistance to anyone interested and useful guidance, not a slagging match.

    Ta

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    670
    Great idea, looking forward to seeing the deals.

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,103
    Good idea for a thread. I follow the one on Pistonheads too, I got our current lease from a deal posted on there.

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I nearly jumped as the R's lease ceases in March, but those very nice folk at VWFS popped up with a loyalty campaign for existing Golf R customers which knocked close on 5k off the current lease deals, madness.
    Can I ask did VW contact you with regard to the loyalty deal? My R deal is up at the end of May so I'm keeping an eye on these things at the moment.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    3,456
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have also had a couple of loyalty deals through the Golf gti 2k down 23 months 89 per month plus vat and the other was BMW Gran Coupe 4.2 v8 2k down 23 months at 279 plus vat.

  6. #6
    It'd be useful to post a link to the deal, or at least name the lease company and share as much info as possible.

  7. #7

    Skids Superb and Audi A4 deals

    If you hunt around there are great deals on the skids superb at around 129 per month and the new A4 starting at 180 per month, these are including VAT. My pick is the new A4 allroad which is coming in at under 280 per month. Check out freedom contracts for the latest deals. No affiliation other than I have sourced a few via them now.

  8. #8
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1

    Golf GT Edition

    Popped up this morning.

    Golf 1.6TDI GT Edition 5DR Manual on Personal Contract Hire.

    18" alloys
    Sat Nav
    Panoramic Roof
    Parking Sensors
    5,000 miles per year, 7+VAT per mile excess
    24 month contract

    197.98 per month = 4,751.71 (VAT inclusive)

    Shopping around should better that

  9. #9
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Can I ask did VW contact you with regard to the loyalty deal? My R deal is up at the end of May so I'm keeping an eye on these things at the moment.
    No, I enquired with a number of dealers. Happy to discuss if you PM me your number.

    Ta

    Pitch

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,617
    Excellent thread. My partner is not going back to work after having a baby so she'll be handing back her company car. She's told them and they have let her keep it for now but in the next few months we'll need something so this will come in handy.

    I got a new BMW 640 Gran coupe last year and the deal was fantastic. They are even cheaper now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post

    Cracker this month was a VW Golf GTI deal that ran for 48 hours which was circa 4,600 over 24 month term for 5k miles per year. Excess mileage was only 7.2p also which made this an absolute steal.
    That is silly cheap

    I was in the market for a used GTi arounf late July. They were towards 30k for a 1-2 year old car depending on spec etc

    30k was too much, IMHO, for that car and so I got something else. But at 4.6k for two years, it would have been a complete no brainer. Just wow

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Popped up this morning.

    Golf 1.6TDI GT Edition 5DR Manual on Personal Contract Hire.

    18" alloys
    Sat Nav
    Panoramic Roof
    Parking Sensors
    5,000 miles per year, 7+VAT per mile excess
    24 month contract

    197.98 per month = 4,751.71 (VAT inclusive)

    Shopping around should better that
    That looks interesting, who is that through?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I have also had a couple of loyalty deals through the Golf gti 2k down 23 months 89 per month plus vat and the other was BMW Gran Coupe 4.2 v8 2k down 23 months at 279 plus vat.
    The GTI deal sounds very good - I suppose it's only for previous customers though?
    It's just a matter of time...

  14. #14
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    That looks interesting, who is that through?
    https://www.centralukvehicleleasing....L-EDITION.html

    There goes bud

  15. #15
    Fantastic thread. Thanks to OP. I'm halfway through my skoda yeti 24 month lease (first lease I've ever had), and I'm very happy with the way things are going. Currently have another car which was the wife's but has now become mine as she's nicked the yeti. I'd be happy to sell that and get another on lease so please keep the good deals up. I did see a thread on pistonheads about a Passat allroad but I was too late, if anyone knows any good deals for these then please post away. Cheers guys 👍🏻

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Divington, AOW EAN
    Posts
    2,104
    A friend of mine is pretty high up the food chain with Arval, a huge (possibly biggest) UK car leasing company. Some of the deals he can procure are amazing.
    Have a look at the website if you're interested.

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow Harbour
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Another vote for 'central' here.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    Another vote for 'central' here.

    The deals on the mini look excellent value tbh

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    A friend of mine is pretty high up the food chain with Arval, a huge (possibly biggest) UK car leasing company. Some of the deals he can procure are amazing.
    Have a look at the website if you're interested.
    I really don't like their site - what's included? What the deposit? Far too much messing about to find basic information, so it's a no from me - a little update would work wonders.
    It's just a matter of time...

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I really don't like their site - what's included? What the deposit? Far too much messing about to find basic information, so it's a no from me - a little update would work wonders.
    Yep same for me - awful site to navigate and I suspect many would just give up and go elsewhere.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    A friend of mine is pretty high up the food chain with Arval, a huge (possibly biggest) UK car leasing company.
    Big but nowhere near Lex Autolease (lloyds). Last time I saw the fleet figures, it was more than twice the size. In fact, googled: http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/fleet-leasing/fn50-data/

    All these companies quoted in the thread are brokers, probably find the loans will all be underwritten by fleet companies in the top 5 of that list.

    Their websites don't need to be set up for personal contract hire, they'll deal with volume fleet and let the brokers/supplying dealers deal with you.

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    3,456
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    Another vote for 'central' here.

    Used Central myself. I used to deal with Keith alround good guy

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Divington, AOW EAN
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I really don't like their site - what's included? What the deposit? Far too much messing about to find basic information, so it's a no from me - a little update would work wonders.
    To be fair they don't really do single cars so much as 500 a time so more biased toward business. I just know that if you persevere you can get amazing deals. Helps to know the right people of course.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Thanks!

  25. #25
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Fantastic thread. Thanks to OP. I'm halfway through my skoda yeti 24 month lease (first lease I've ever had), and I'm very happy with the way things are going. Currently have another car which was the wife's but has now become mine as she's nicked the yeti. I'd be happy to sell that and get another on lease so please keep the good deals up. I did see a thread on pistonheads about a Passat allroad but I was too late, if anyone knows any good deals for these then please post away. Cheers guys 
    The Passat deal earlier in the year can never surely be repeated.... The quote I had was for the 190 DSG Alltrack loaded with standard kit and it worked out at under 4,000.00 for two years based on 5,000 miles per year. Excess was only 7.2p so another 10,000 miles was only 700 quid.

    Pitch

  26. #26
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Peterhead
    Posts
    142
    I'm assuming these lease deals being mentioned aren't including a deposit??

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    My current PCP is up for renewal next year so I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    As the post above suggests it might be helpful to mention the deposit requirements.

  28. #28
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Agd47 View Post
    I'm assuming these lease deals being mentioned aren't including a deposit??

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Everything I am quoting are and as above that was the total lease over the period.

  29. #29
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev View Post
    My current PCP is up for renewal next year so I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    As the post above suggests it might be helpful to mention the deposit requirements.
    As mentioned anything I have suggested that I am paying or have been quoted is included. Profiles are generally 3,6 or 9 months deposit, the Alltrack deal was 3+23 @ 149.00 which was a toil of 3,874.00 over the 24 months.

  30. #30
    Just starting to look around for wifes new car

    She currently has a Fiesta Zetec S which was 700 up front, 118 a month on 6+23 , so 3400 over 2 years, 1700 a year

    Looking she can get the new Fiesta ST-Line, basically the same as she has but with 140hp instead of 125hp, for the same money.

    She's not fussed what she has, anything will do, but can't really see anything cheaper out there, i can get a citroen C1 on an 18month deal which works out at 1520 a year, but for only a 180 saving per year, i'd rather the fiesta.

    Any bargain small car leases out there?

    Brighty

    PS, if anyone spots a good deal on a Skoda Superb Estate SE Tech 2.0TDi, give me a shout

  31. #31
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Peterhead
    Posts
    142
    They just seem to good to be true, especially some of the R deals. My pcp deal included a 6k deposit and then 36 monthly payments for a merc.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Which R deals? I haven't seen any current deals.
    It's just a matter of time...

  33. #33
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Peterhead
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Which R deals? I haven't seen any current deals.
    Sorry it was a gti for 4.6k over 2 years

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    1,932
    I've just had a little 1.6 diesel DS3 for just over 700 down + 23 x 118 for 10000 miles. Seemed like a good deal as works out at 1724 a year.

  35. #35
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Agd47 View Post
    They just seem to good to be true, especially some of the R deals. My pcp deal included a 6k deposit and then 36 monthly payments for a merc.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Keep a look out for Merc PCH's deals they are mad at times.

    Pitch

  36. #36
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I've just had a little 1.6 diesel DS3 for just over 700 down + 23 x 118 for 10000 miles. Seemed like a good deal as works out at 1724 a year.
    Very good. There was a good C1 offer earlier in the year which was 98 deposit and something crazy per month on an 18 month lease, it was like 40 quid.

  37. #37
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Peterhead
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Keep a look out for Merc PCH's deals they are mad at times.

    Pitch
    Pch's?

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Agd47 View Post
    Pch's?

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Personal contract hire

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Agd47 View Post
    Pch's?
    Personal Contract Hire

  40. #40
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,575
    Girl at work got a Cayman S for 4k down then 398 per month! 2 year deal

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  41. #41
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,564
    I was hoping this thread would highlight great deals as they become available rather than anecdotal accounts if previous good deals.

    Can't win em all!

  42. #42
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Girl at work got a Cayman S for 4k down then 398 per month! 2 year deal

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Direct from Porsche Ryan or through a broker?

  43. #43
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I was hoping this thread would highlight great deals as they become available rather than anecdotal accounts if previous good deals.

    Can't win em all!

    Go back up grumpy Dave there is a Golf one there which I posted.

    Early days and they seem to be like buses, nothing then everything. What are you after bud.

    Ta
    Pitch

  44. #44
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    973
    I just can't get these schemes to work at 30k miles plus a year. Are there people that only do 5k miles a year? I'd polish that annual mileage off in a couple of months.

  45. #45
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Go back up grumpy Dave there is a Golf one there which I posted.

    Early days and they seem to be like buses, nothing then everything. What are you after bud.

    Ta
    Pitch
    I'm not really grumpy!

    I'm not even after a new motor either; I can't seem to persuade myself to get rid of my old banger!

  46. #46
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Very good. There was a good C1 offer earlier in the year which was 98 deposit and something crazy per month on an 18 month lease, it was like 40 quid.
    Got mine from this place. This is a good deal if you just want transport.

  47. #47
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    4,364

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow Harbour
    Posts
    535

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Agd47 View Post
    Sorry it was a gti for 4.6k over 2 years

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Still available?

    Id like a Golf R, or GTI all in for 200 per month equivalent over 2 years.
    It's just a matter of time...

  50. #50
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I'm not really grumpy!

    I'm not even after a new motor either; I can't seem to persuade myself to get rid of my old banger!
    Lat time called Mrs P that she threatened to knock my front teeth out 😂😂😂😊😊

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information