closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 79 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 6927

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblue View Post
    Thank everyone just downloaded a new crypto exchange and wallet and transferred a very small amount over
    You “downloaded” an exchange? Hopefully that is just the form of words and you actually mean registering with an exchange site otherwise I’d be checking very carefully what you have downloaded/installed.

Similarly with the wallet - unless you mean an app from a managed App Store to your phone?

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you meant.

Exchanges are crooks, they charge fees for doing pretty much nothing, we mine and avoid them, transfer straight to out own hardware wallets. These exchanges can't wait for Joe public to join the party, it's a joke, they need regulation and quickly

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Whole idea of crypto is decentralised finance no middle man

These exchanges are doing exactly that, just replacing the banks and charging stupid fees, send a message ? Get charged , just like banks

Utter crooks

Do your own due diligence

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Whole idea of crypto is decentralised finance no middle man

These exchanges are doing exactly that, just replacing the banks and charging stupid fees, send a message ? Get charged , just like banks

Utter crooks

Crooks, you say?

https://newmoneyreview.com/index.php...-liquidations/
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    You “downloaded” an exchange? Hopefully that is just the form of words and you actually mean registering with an exchange site otherwise I’d be checking very carefully what you have downloaded/installed.

Similarly with the wallet - unless you mean an app from a managed App Store to your phone?

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you meant.
    Sorry if I wasn’t good with my words downloaded a crypto app and managed to swap everything over with a slight fee to be fair hardly noticeable and trouble free

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblue View Post
    Sorry if I wasn’t good with my words downloaded a crypto app and managed to swap everything over with a slight fee to be fair hardly noticeable and trouble free
    What App is this? Is it linked to an offline wallet? If not your coins are at risk.

Buy an offline storage device and transfer there.

Without delay, I suggest

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    What App is this? Is it linked to an offline wallet? If not your coins are at risk.

Buy an offline storage device and transfer there.

Without delay, I suggest
    Reasonable advice.

I'd be careful about any free app offering to help you to transfer your coins. Just ask yourself, would you use a third-party app to transfer money from one bank to another?

We don't even mine via the exchange's now, straight to our own hardware wallets. Safe, and no fees

So you think you understand bitcoin? Are you ready to take the Bitcoin Exam?

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    So you think you understand bitcoin? Are you ready to take the Bitcoin Exam?
    Haha, but Michael Saylor said it was 56%...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Haha, but Michael Saylor said it was 56%...
    Yes, I can't help feeling that the estimate for the percentage of transactions connected with criminal activity might be more than a little vulnerable to a strong challenge as well.

Nah that bit is over stated, most criminal activity is still fiat, the reputation still stands for crypto but the real crooks are this bent tw4ts running exchanges charging fees for doing nothing

Master
    the real crooks are this bent tw4ts running exchanges charging fees for doing nothing
    Don’t agree with this. They’re serving the market that wants the service. If they were too expensive they’d be undercut, or if not needed they wouldn’t exist

Don’t agree with this. They’re serving the market that wants the service. If they were too expensive they’d be undercut, or if not needed they wouldn’t exist
    Only because you are aware, Joe Public won't, they will get charged and not know it. They are serving a purpose yes but their fees are a joke, crypto was supposed to end the middle man making a killing

Only because you are aware, Joe Public won't, they will get charged and not know it. They are serving a purpose yes but their fees are a joke, crypto was supposed to end the middle man making a killing

Crypto was supposed to democratize finance and make everybody rich, except those that don't buy it early enough and have to stay poor.

LOLZ.

Well yeah there is that

As long as nobody goes to prison, this shit is just going on and on and on...

And bear in mind, this is just one out of many groups doing the same.

Eth miners are moving to RVN

BTC big few weeks, will it drop back or burst the 20w ceiling, 43500 right now

Anyone still having coins or money on Binance, move them now or risk losing it all. Seriously.

Anyone still having coins or money on Binance, move them now or risk losing it all. Seriously.
    It appears that Brian Brooks has already heeded your advice and left the building.

"Binance.US CEO Brian Brooks has resigned a mere four months after joining the U.S. franchise of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance.com. In a tweet today he wrote: 'Despite differences over strategic direction, I wish my former colleagues much success. Exciting new things to come!'"

Interesting choice of words in the final sentence.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevene...ly-four-months

(Also https://www.ft.com/content/1d6ce29d-...0-881589dec183)

What’s the best exchange or wallet to switch my Binance to?

I only have £2k of BTC and £500 of Doge in the account, and have been thinking of moving it for a while.

Open a Coinbase account and transfer the BTC over? (After exchanging the Doge for BTC)

Or are there better accounts?

I originally went for Binance cause their fees were 0.1% against Counbase’s fee 1.49%. (Or 0.5% on Coinbase Pro)

A friend of mine says his Revolut account fee is 2.49%!!! Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    What’s the best exchange or wallet to switch my Binance to?

I only have £2k of BTC and £500 of Doge in the account, and have been thinking of moving it for a while.

Open a Coinbase account and transfer the BTC over? (After exchanging the Doge for BTC)

Or are there better accounts?

I originally went for Binance cause their fees were 0.1% against Counbase’s fee 1.49%. (Or 0.5% on Coinbase Pro)

A friend of mine says his Revolut account fee is 2.49%!!! Ouch.
    I suppose there are others with more experience, but I would suggest an exchange that does not have an illegal derivative trading operation attached would be my first criteria. As such, Coinbase is probably one of the better choices (also, they are legal in the US).

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    It appears that Brian Brooks has already heeded your advice and left the building.

"Binance.US CEO Brian Brooks has resigned a mere four months after joining the U.S. franchise of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance.com. In a tweet today he wrote: 'Despite differences over strategic direction, I wish my former colleagues much success. Exciting new things to come!'"

Interesting choice of words in the final sentence.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevene...ly-four-months

(Also https://www.ft.com/content/1d6ce29d-...0-881589dec183)
    Binance US is totally independent from Binance and he was 'elected' to resign

Dodgy af set up yes but might mean the edifice won't collapse just yet

Just go straight to Coinbase Pro, fees a lot cheaper

The reason I have't moved my BTC off Binance yet is cause it looks so bloody complicated, and tells you, may times, that if you get the etwork address wrong, you'll lose your transfer and won't be able to get it back.

https://www.binance.com/en/support/faq/115003670492

Amazing that 10+ years after Crypto started, it's still highly complicated for the non-tech types to do simple tasks.

I'm also a bit confused with the difference between Coinbase, Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Wallet. Apparently all 3 are separate.

Binance US is totally independent from Binance and he was 'elected' to resign

Dodgy af set up yes but might mean the edifice won't collapse just yet

Hahahahahaha.

He was announced as new Binance US in May by global Binance CEO CZ. His replacement will also be announced by CZ.

I'd guess the wallet is the same as Ledger Nano ( which I have ) and is a way to store your keys offline, and is frankly a no brainer

Coinbase is a doddle, Pro fees are lower but has more trading options and learning curve is steeper

I'm switching to Pro to spend a few quid every month but mining payouts go straight to the wallets, not paying crooked fees for them to do naff all

Hahahahahaha.

He was announced as new Binance US in May by global Binance CEO CZ. His replacement will also be announced by CZ.
    They play these games, shuffling the chairs on the Titanic maybe

Gensler has other fish to fry he says ( GameStop blah blah )

But he will get there at some point

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-boss-ge...-market-report

I'd guess the wallet is the same as Ledger Nano ( which I have ) and is a way to store your keys offline, and is frankly a no brainer

Coinbase is a doddle, Pro fees are lower but has more trading options and learning curve is steeper

I'm switching to Pro to spend a few quid every month but mining payouts go straight to the wallets, not paying crooked fees for them to do naff all

Is the Nano not a physical Hardware wallet, ad the Coinbase Wallet an online (app) based one?

I fear losing a physical wallet, or it just breaking or my daughter spilling a drink on it. Seems highly risky to have thousands of pounds stored on what's basically like a USB drive. No?

Doesn't matter if you lose it, your coin keys are covered by your keywords and you can view at any time online

Example, you lose your dongle, order another and just set up using your keywords .

Binance US is totally independent from Binance...
    Quote Originally Posted by FT
    In an interview with Forbes last week, Brooks said he planned to ensure greater independence between the two by adding more board members at the US group without a connection to Binance.

In a statement also posted on Twitter, Zhao, who is both chief executive of Binance.com and the chair of Binance US, said the resignation would not affect Binance US’s customers, adding: “I remain confident in Binance US’s business and its commitment to serve its customers and innovate. Binance US is poised to continue to grow and empower the future of finance.”
    Hahahahahaha.
    Indeed

I did say dodgy af

I did say dodgy af

One thing we agree about.

Binance collapse ( or just part of it ) would be a disaster , i remain hopeful that by getting rid of dodgy products and a slightly dodgy board set up they can recover , whilst Gensler is sorting out his bigger fish

Craftsman
    What am I missing with these pixel NFT image things? Aren’t they just bags for bag holders to waste their crypto on?

https://stockhead.com.au/cryptocurre...s-in-gas-fees/

Accompanied by ridiculously high fees of course...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is Trust Wallet also deemed to be risky to keep using (since I believe owned by Binance)

I took a jump into Crypto out of boredom and got fed up with all the pratting around and didnt have the patience to learn properly but still have some in Trust Wallet

All done.

Opened a Coinbase account and did a transfer of my BTC and DOGE from Binance. Safe and sound now.

My first transaction on the blockchain. I can see how BTC is not great to use as an actual currency! It took about half an hour and cost me £17 to move £2500 worth of BTC.

The DOGE was slower but cost less.

Journeyman
    Store on a hardware wallet. Trezor, Ledger etc. Only keep trading coins online…

Journeyman
    And dont be tempted to buy one off eBay/Amazon. Especially if second hand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    What's not to like, haha?

2nd hand one might come with 10,000 btc on it.

Store on a hardware wallet. Trezor, Ledger etc. Only keep trading coins online…
    Happy to just use Coinbase Wallet. It’s just as secure (if not moreso) than a hardware wallet. And I can’t have to pay £100+ to buy it.

Nope plenty of story's of people being scammed with Amazon ledgers , only buy direct from them

BTC just hit 44k

Nope plenty of story's of people being scammed with Amazon ledgers , only buy direct from them

BTC just hit 44k

Saw that. I'll buy next time it is below $30k. If it doesn't go below then drinks are on you :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Saw that. I'll buy next time it is below $30k. If it doesn't go below then drinks are on you :)

It may do, next 6 weeks are big, if it holds around this it may run again

But it may not

But I'm an optimist

Master
    50k by Sept 20th, stone wall guarantee*

*DYOR

50k by Sept 20th, stone wall guarantee*

*DYOR
    I feel the offer of a wager from Raffe incoming shortly:)