closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 6926

Thread: Bitcoin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    just sold my first trial contract short @ $59,000.
    I’ve been looking at bitcoin this past week or so thinking it’s about to kick off (upwards) again. Does this mean I’m wrong?????

(My opinion is based on nothing but gut feeling admittedly lolz)

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I’ve been looking at bitcoin this past week or so thinking it’s about to kick off (upwards) again. Does this mean I’m wrong?????

(My opinion is based on nothing but gut feeling admittedly lolz)
    I suppose we'll find out.

I am rather neutral short term, just wanted to do my inaugural trade in the new mini-futures and didn't want to buy close to $60k.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I suppose we'll find out.

I am rather neutral short term, just wanted to do my inaugural trade in the new mini-futures and didn't want to buy close to $60k.
    Two hours later and $1,000 lower, I am asking myself why I didn't sell two of the regular contracts rather than minis?

Master
    Two hours later and $1,000 lower, I am asking myself why I didn't sell two of the regular contracts rather than minis?
    You're gonna love trading these Raffe.. and I wont be surprised if you do very well indeed out of it. Watching your trades with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    You're gonna love trading these Raffe.. and I wont be surprised if you do very well indeed out of it. Watching your trades with interest.
    Not so sure, between exchange and broker fees they are charging $15 for a roundtrip for one contract worth $5k - 0.3% which really takes the fun out of trading these.

Few people understand this...

They really think this is a huge game, lots of fun etc... I can only hope they all will go to prison.

It is quite a fun game. Now 35% up on my Doggey-Doge.

Elon is hosting “Saturday night Live” on Saturday. I wonder if he’ll manage to slip in a few Doge/Tesla ramps whilst live on air?

50% 🐶🚀

Y'all know that the value of this POS is zero.

It. Will. Not. End. Well.

I guarantee.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    50% 
    Doooogggge to $1!

Y'all know that the value of this POS is zero.

It. Will. Not. End. Well.

I guarantee.
    It'll be fine as I plan to cash out at $1.99

(It's all a big joke!)

I literally do not understand why none of the governments does anything about this.

Elon Musk, once the world's richest man (and if we count his DOGE holdings he may still be), pumps this for shits and giggles and is amassing a billion Dollar in profit and there are hundreds of thousands of people who will lose everything they stuck into this, some of them leveraged against their family homes. There is nothing in mankind's history which compares with this, it is evil and designed to milk the stupid followers of one of the biggest sociopaths on this planet. One of the most disgusting things I have witnessed in 30 years in financial markets.

And the best thing is the idiots think they got this under control.

But Raffe for now they're happy and have a sense of community and purpose which they previously lacked, this from the dweeb in the link...what price happiness/ meaning in life...I wonder if Govt's aren't perhaps watching and taking notes, as you observe it's unprecedented... whilst letting it play out, after all if/when it collapses they/ we aren't on the hook.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th May 2021 at 10:02.

I went in to it with my eyes wide open, I’d never put my life’s savings on it and I’d never gamble anything I couldn’t afford to lose. If it makes a few quid great, if it doesn’t then so be it. What I stand to lose is no more than an accumulation of a years lottery

Master
    I suspect Elon doesn't hold any doge (maybe a small amount for his kids), and pretty sure governments won't step in - isn't the whole point of crypto all about decentralisation?

It's the same with bitcoin.. people just can't accept for what it is and stands for. Doesn't seem 'fair' when people spend the majority of their lives being an 'expert' in the current financial system.. and here we have numpties making millions with zero effort.

https://youtu.be/4OZMdWxJe_A

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm happy for anyone to make money as long as it's legal, 'fairness' or envy doesn't come into it...it's the question of what it is/ does/ stands for exactly that still gives me pause. Have you made millions then KK, with zero effort...good on you if so.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th May 2021 at 10:35.

I suspect Elon doesn't hold any doge (maybe a small amount for his kids), and pretty sure governments won't step in - isn't the whole point of crypto all about decentralisation?

It's the same with bitcoin.. people just can't accept for what it is and stands for. Doesn't seem 'fair' when people spend the majority of their lives being an 'expert' in the current financial system.. and here we have numpties making millions with zero effort.

https://youtu.be/4OZMdWxJe_A

Many examples of 'numpties' making millions with zero effort in the past, and 100% of the time they told all the old farts to move over for a completely new area where nothing was going to be the same anymore:
    Netherlands 1637, UK South Sea / French Mississippi 1720, UK railways 1846, California gold rush 1857, US equities 1920-29, Silver 1980, Japan equities and real estate 1991, Nasdaq 2000, cryptos now.

"This time it will be different" is the common denominator and should in fact trigger everybody's alarm bells.

I will just wait.

So where does this differ from any other kind of corruption that doubtlessly goes on in the investment game that most of us probably aren’t aware of?
    I’m guessing the Bitcoin story is squeaky clean then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a Doge for every 'financial expert' that made an inaccurate forecast....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I'm happy for anyone to make money as long as it's legal, 'fairness' or envy doesn't come into it...it's the question of what it is/ does/ stands for exactly that still gives me pause. Have you made millions then KK, with zero effort...good on you if so.
    I don't hold any doge (numptie here sold for a loss at $0.008) but happy to see it grinding higher, and happy for those that hold some. Enjoy the ride.

Master
    Slight aside, but there's been some discussion in the past about the useability of bitcoin.

Whilst I accept other cryptos are faster, I just transferred some bitcoin from my wallet to Binance, and it cost £7

Est time 20 mins - EDIT: took 5 mins

It wouldn't work for retail obviously, but for a peer-to-peer international transfer, it's pretty impressive.
    Last edited by demonloop; 4th May 2021 at 11:52.

Slight aside, but there's been some discussion in the past about the useability of bitcoin.

Whilst I accept other cryptos are faster, I just transferred some bitcoin from my wallet to Binance, and it cost £7

Est time 20 mins - EDIT: took 5 mins

It wouldn't work for retail obviously, but for a peer-to-peer international transfer, it's pretty impressive.
    There are a couple of thousand fintech solutions to do transfers in real-time and for free. The most popular is probably Paypal, which is for free if you don't need their insurance service.

Master
    There are a couple of thousand fintech solutions to do transfers in real-time and for free. The most popular is probably Paypal, which is for free if you don't need their insurance service.
    I've used Paypal forever, but send too many F&F payments and they stop that service, and there are upper limits too

And would they send large amounts without pausing for fraud checks? I'm not sure that they would

I have no doubt there are other solutions, but bitcoin works with no registration required, and no limits on payments

I've used Paypal forever, but send too many F&F payments and they stop that service, and there are upper limits too

And would they send large amounts without pausing for fraud checks? I'm not sure that they would

I have no doubt there are other solutions, but bitcoin works with no registration required, and no limits on payments
    No registration required? You need wallets or accounts at both ends, these require setup/registration. And the fraud check at Paypal is surely a good thing?

Master
    No registration required? You need wallets or accounts at both ends, these require setup/registration. And the fraud check at Paypal is surely a good thing?
    Having a wallet doesn't require much set up, and no registration

But my point was bitcoin isn't as cumbersome / expensive as is frequently said

Having a wallet doesn't require much set up, and no registration

But my point was bitcoin isn't as cumbersome / expensive as is frequently said
    That may be so, but my point is that is not competitive as a means of payment, unless you are willing to accept its flaws in exchange for its privacy shield - which limits its natural user base to those who value privacy above everything else.

But that's a moot point I understand, as bitcoin is no longer money but an asset. Now let's move to its intrinsic values.... oops.

Master
    Now let's move to its intrinsic values.... oops.
    I don't disagree with you on this point, but it is what it is.

Also: Dogecoin worth more than Twitter (!)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I literally do not understand why none of the governments does anything about this.

Elon Musk, once the world's richest man (and if we count his DOGE holdings he may still be), pumps this for shits and giggles and is amassing a billion Dollar in profit and there are hundreds of thousands of people who will lose everything they stuck into this, some of them leveraged against their family homes. There is nothing in mankind's history which compares with this, it is evil and designed to milk the stupid followers of one of the biggest sociopaths on this planet. One of the most disgusting things I have witnessed in 30 years in financial markets.

And the best thing is the idiots think they got this under control.

I suspect governments are willing it crash so the bag holders learn the value of the government guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I suspect governments are willing it crash so the bag holders learn the value of the government guarantees.
    If I was in government I would find that tempting. Pull the plug on Doge and deflate the whole sector with it. Suppose bitcoin would lose 90% over three months.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If I was in government I would find that tempting. Pull the plug on Doge and deflate the whole sector with it. Suppose bitcoin would lose 90% over three months.
    Why would governments intervene?

If people want to spend their money buying internet digital tokens what’s it got to do with any government?

If people want to spend their money buying internet digital tokens what’s it got to do with any government?
    Crims innit.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Go on Raffe.. if you can buy that sh!tco Tesla.. you can buy some DOGE! Don't go against the masses.

Lots of reasons why governments wanted to intervene. Regulation, oversight, stability, AML.... Pick one.

Go on Raffe.. if you can buy that sh!tco Tesla.. you can buy some DOGE! Don't go against the masses.

I am so f****ing short Tezzler you wouldn't believe it. Combined notional over 10,000 shares.

Master
    I am so f****ing short Tezzler you wouldn't believe it. Combined notional over 10,000 shares.
    You da man! It's our privilege to have a whale on TZ! Hope it works out and you can take down the dogefather.

Just sold some of my Friday 682.5P for $30. Bought them yesterday at $13.75. Feels good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lots of reasons why governments wanted to intervene. Regulation, oversight, stability, AML.... Pick one.
    Maybe ... but I'm betting they are happy just to let it run ... any government that tries to bring the crypto show to an end will get a media backlash so I think they are just hoping it will ultimately fail ...

Maybe ... but I'm betting they are happy just to let it run ... any government that tries to bring the crypto show to an end will get a media backlash so I think they are just hoping it will ultimately fail ...
    What you are seeing now in the markets is the beginning of a coordinated effort to bring markets back under control:

US TREASURY SECRETARY YELLEN: RATES MAY NEED TO RISE TO PREVENT THE ECONOMY FROM OVERHEATING.

This is the BIG correction everybody was waiting for. Equities, gold, crypto. Just wait and see.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What you are seeing now in the markets is the beginning of a coordinated effort to bring markets back under control:

US TREASURY SECRETARY YELLEN: RATES MAY NEED TO RISE TO PREVENT THE ECONOMY FROM OVERHEATING.

This is the BIG correction everybody was waiting for. Equities, gold, crypto. Just wait and see.
    The NASDAQ and the S&P500 definitely look "fully valued" but if you back out of it a few of the mega hot stocks how bad does it actually look?

The NASDAQ and the S&P500 definitely look "fully valued" but if you back out of it a few of the mega hot stocks how bad does it actually look?
    Everything is priced for perfection. What if the economies reopening suddenly means the 15% additional Robinhood investors need to go back to work? What about if people direct their leftover money back into restaurants and bars rather than their accounts? What about last years capital gains now becoming long-term according to US tax code?

This was how Gold reacted to Yellen. Both the move as well as the sudden volume were impressive.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Everything is priced for perfection. What if the economies reopening suddenly means the 15% additional Robinhood investors need to go back to work? What about if people direct their leftover money back into restaurants and bars rather than their accounts? What about last years capital gains now becoming long-term according to US tax code?

This was how Gold reacted to Yellen. Both the move as well as the sudden volume were impressive.

Why would Gold be so particularly effected?

Usually when governments attempt to meddle with markets some unforeseen effect occurs ...

It was a 0.8% drop. Gold has been up and down that much each day for weeks.
    Last edited by mr noble; 4th May 2021 at 20:44.

Janet's on a roll:

Yellen: Cryptocurrency Regulation Is a Topic 'That's Well Worth Addressing'

Find myself warming to Yellen.

Made my first trading boo-boo this morning whilst half asleep with my 3 week old son dribbling into my ear in bed.

I thought I was setting a stop loss at £0.44 on my DOGE, but at the very moment I hit the button I realised I'd actually set a limit order to sell it all, so it was all sold at £0.49 ($0.68)

I was a bit gutted at the time and looked to buy it back again. But am now wondering if it was actually a brilliant mistake, as the price hasn't gone any higher since 07:15 this morning.

Hmmmmm - I still think it'll go higher all week and more again when Elon hosts Saturday night Live this weekend.

Bought £500 worth on Friday afternoon - sold this morning for £1118. Not bad!

Master
    So for a buffoon that knows nothing, how would one go about buying £1k ahead of Elon being on Sat Night Live & attempting to take short term advantage?

I literally have no start point in knowing where / what to register.

Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    So for a buffoon that knows nothing, how would one go about buying £1k ahead of Elon being on Sat Night Live & attempting to take short term advantage?

Binance website. Register and away you go. Small charges but not huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

You might find Coinbase or Kraken are a bit more first time buyer user friendly than Binance, I have accounts at all three.

Coinbase don’t support DOGE so you can’t trade it on that platform.