Page 81 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Some of it?
    Oh yeah only half , they need to cover expenses

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Musk just bought another 1.5b, to the moon!
    Link? Can't see that news anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Link? Can't see that news anywhere.
    Im watching celebrity MasterChef , it's Tesla that bought it not musk

Musk just bought another 1.5b, to the moon!

Im watching celebrity MasterChef , it's Tesla that bought it not musk

Didn't happen.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Don't blame you, those are in crypto should stay away from smart contracts as well

Ermmm - what's left of crypto applications if you stay away from smart contracts? That is basically all of DeFi?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

Whole other argument though. I still maintain that its more accessible, even at this stage, than the stock market (to the average guy on the street)
    I think it is a lot easier to open a Vanguard or HL account than set up a wallet for crypto - and that's before you look at doing the purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I think it is a lot easier to open a Vanguard or HL account than set up a wallet for crypto - and that's before you look at doing the purchasing.
    Gotta be.

Not to stray too far off topic but it's incredibly easy to set up an account of Freetrade or Wombat (ETFs) and fund the account direct from your bank account in a couple of minutes. HL will be getting a lot better as they're investing heavily in their digital offering over the next year.

We're working with Coinbase on some cool stuff that should make funding - and withdrawing - a lot easier (at least in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58163917

Don’t worry, they have written a tweet asking for it back please …šŸ˜‚
    Didn't see this coming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58180692.amp

Journeyman
    My long term target for all crypto remains firmly at zero.
    Yeah, you’ve said.

Yet you’re by far the most active person on this thread.

As much as I like reading your posts for balance (crypto is largely a maximalist echo chamber admittedly), I feel like you should perhaps seek out things in life that you are positive about and do believe in, and enjoy those with whatever time you have left on this planet. After all, that’s going to zero eventually too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyTudor View Post
    Yeah, you’ve said.

As much as I like reading your posts for balance (crypto is largely a maximalist echo chamber admittedly), I feel like you should perhaps seek out things in life that you are positive about and do believe in, and enjoy those with whatever time you have left on this planet. After all, that’s going to zero eventually too.

I have an idea: if you don't like who posts on this thread, just start your own forum and then you can have a say who posts what.

Until then, I suggest you keep your opinions about other members to yourself. If you don't like my style, you can always put me on ignore. In case you do, here's a heartfelt 'Bye-bye' from me.

^ Irony overload.

His advice was polite, correct and well intentioned, you would be wise to heed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    ^ Irony overload.

His advice was polite, correct and well intentioned, you would be wise to heed it.
    The day I take advice from a fraudster like you will be my last.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyTudor View Post
    Yeah, you’ve said.

Whilst Raffe can be a little “to the point” and rather blunt at times (that’s about as generous as I can be!) I value his knowledge of markets / finance

I disagree with a lot of his views but his posts are beneficial to the thread in my humble opinion

A little?

I can see crypto having a real shift in the next 5+ years, the likes of ETH and ADA are progressing to useful products or should I dare use the word currencies!

As they become more trusted and used I think a lot of BTC investors will move their investment over to these more useable crypto's, I also think we will see a lot of the crap coins disappear maybe from pressure of the bigger players to try and create a more stable, professional environment for everyday people who might be put off by the likes of DOGE type coins..

Journeyman
    Lots of ALTs looking good technically. ETH, XRP, SOL to name a few.

Well I laughed: Blockchain hacks itself, $600 Mio gone

https://twitter.com/kelvinfichter/st...17046636371969
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58163917

Don’t worry, they have written a tweet asking for it back please …

It seems the hacker has/is going to return all of the stolen crypto and will be given a $500k “reward” by Polynetwork as a big thank you for highlighting the vulnerabilities on their network.

PN had also said they intend to withhold the hackers identity in an act of offered immunity. Something which the law authorities do not agree with.

Not sure whether the old bill could force PN to expose the hacker’s identity? They should probably give him a job as head of cyber security.

Quite a story!

It seems the hacker has/is going to return all of the stolen crypto and will be given a $500k “reward” by Polynetwork as a big thank you for highlighting the vulnerabilities on their network.

PN had also said they intend to withhold the hackers identity in an act of offered immunity. Something which the law authorities do not agree with.

Not sure whether the old bill could force PN to expose the hacker’s identity? They should probably give him a job as head of cyber security.

Quite a story!
    With recent crypto gains I wonder if the hacker is returning what he stole but keeping the gains?

Would be significant on that amount of crypto but I guess returning an actual asset is different to returning a sum of money, essentially he would be returning far more money's worth than he took but the same amount of crypto..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    With recent crypto gains I wonder if the hacker is returning what he stole but keeping the gains?

Would be significant on that amount of crypto but I guess returning an actual asset is different to returning a sum of money, essentially he would be returning far more money's worth than he took but the same amount of crypto..
    How is he keeping the gains if he is returning the coins?

How is he keeping the gains if he is returning the coins?
    Thats what I meant in the rest of the post, but with that amount of capital he could have sold a huge amount on a rise and bought again on a dip, only a few percent difference would have made him millions..

Thats what I meant in the rest of the post, but with that amount of capital he could have sold a huge amount on a rise and bought again on a dip, only a few percent difference would have made him millions..
    Yeah, so easy. Just sell high and buy low. I wonder why doesn't everybody do it?

Yeah, so easy. Just sell high and buy low. I wonder why doesn't everybody do it?
    He had the intelligence and balls to hack and steal so I doubt he wouldn't have any trouble making a calculated gamble of a couple of hundred million of someone's else's property, he had $267m of ETH that regularly fluctuates 5%+ in a few hours, he could easily return all the stolen coins after bagging $10m+.

He had the intelligence and balls to hack and steal so I doubt he wouldn't have any trouble making a calculated gamble of a couple of hundred million of someone's else's property, he had $267m of ETH that regularly fluctuates 5%+ in a few hours, he could easily return all the stolen coins after bagging $10m+.
    Every one of his moves was tracked, he did not sell.

I seen a question the other day that is more interesting now than it would have been 18 plus months ago -

If you had 5k to invest would you go the traditional stocks route or would you be better off investing in one/some of the top 5 crypto currencies?

Long term investment where 5k was important to me - stocks
    5k of “play money” where its lose would not harm me then maybe speculate on cryptos - though of course that option would have been a better one a few years back.

i think now the speculators with the most to gain are those with holdings who got in when it was cheap - and now they profit on the back of general public just following the herd.

If crypto becomes regulated and stable then I don't see it offering anything over fiat currencies… the price would stabilise and so there would not be the swings to profit on.

Those with large holdings when the coins were hobbies will always see a profit when selling - but I don’t see the average joe jumping on for the quick buck.
    Though there will always be that slice of ppl who see it as the next day trading to make fortunes.
    Every advert on youtube at the moment is “free” seminars on how to trade with this method !!!

cheers

matt
    Last edited by MattH; 16th August 2021 at 12:11.

Every one of his moves was tracked, he did not sell.
    Yep, one of the reasons crooks aren't as interested in crypto as people think they are, everything is tracked. Scams a different matter

Re trading, Coincase Pro app is a doddle and the fees a fraction of Coinbase ( the Coinbase Pro website is a pita though )

As for wallets , i use a Nano Ledger X

Re trading, Coincase Pro app is a doddle and the fees a fraction of Coinbase ( the Coinbase Pro website is a pita though )

As for wallets , i use a Nano Ledger X
    I'll try the Coinbase Pro app and will probably take all my holdings off of the exchanges and into a a Ledger Nano going forward..

I've never managed to successfully get a coinbase account verified. I have a binance account but obviously looking for an alternative with low fees. Can anyone recommend another exchange? I've heard good things about FTX

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    I've never managed to successfully get a coinbase account verified. I have a binance account but obviously looking for an alternative with low fees. Can anyone recommend another exchange? I've heard good things about FTX
    It's just a passport that's all you need for Coinbase, providing your address I think can be found

FTX will be next after Binance. Stay away.

I would only use Coinbase.

Journeyman
    Kraken is FCA regulated AFAIK.

Crypto.com another option

It's just a passport that's all you need for Coinbase, providing your address I think can be found
    Passport, drivers licence - tried them both. Have never got past the 'your account is under review' stage. And you can never speak to an actual person about it.

Passport, drivers licence - tried them both. Have never got past the 'your account is under review' stage. And you can never speak to an actual person about it.
    Are you on the electoral roll?

Are you on the electoral roll?
    Yep. The first time I applied for an account with them I used my drivers licence, which had just gone out of date (I hadn't realised, so was actually quite handy). Since then I've never been able to get verified despite submitting both passport and new drivers licence. I have messaged their support but just get generic answers.

Yep. The first time I applied for an account with them I used my drivers licence, which had just gone out of date (I hadn't realised, so was actually quite handy). Since then I've never been able to get verified despite submitting both passport and new drivers licence. I have messaged their support but just get generic answers.
    Sounds like just an automated system

Craftsman
    My coinbase account was verified 2 nights ago, I only submitted the request for verification about 2.5/3 months ago so it will be done, just takes time

I'd definitely recommend Kraken over Coinbase, fees are lower and they actually have online chat customer support , Coinbase take weeks to even reply to an email and have no online chat or phone support. Utterly useless basically if you need help with your account.

Yeah kraken is good, Coinbase pro have much lower fees to be fair , and they have Raven application pending

Master
    I can see crypto having a real shift in the next 5+ years, the likes of ETH and ADA are progressing to useful products or should I dare use the word currencies!

As they become more trusted and used I think a lot of BTC investors will move their investment over to these more useable crypto's, I also think we will see a lot of the crap coins disappear maybe from pressure of the bigger players to try and create a more stable, professional environment for everyday people who might be put off by the likes of DOGE type coins..
    I must be missing something but why would people invest in crypto APART from the current volatility? If they become accepted and used like conventional currencies there wont be any advantage to them surely (as an investment/gamble).

Worth noting that Coinbase offers its US and non-US customers cash insurance of up to $250,000 per customer account.

https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbas...inbase-insured

I am not sure if other exchanges do that, I very much doubt they do.

I figured this insurance, and the fact that they are regulated far more than any other exchange, made their slightly higher fees well worth it. That was using Coinbase. If you use Coinbase Pro, I think their fees are amongst the lowest at 0.5%.

I originally went with Binance as they only charge 0.1% on crypto purchases, but with the ongoing drama surrounding Binance, I think Coinbase/Pro is the best and safest place to be.

Also, Coinbase offers a custodial wallet app which links to your coinbase account, meaning no need for a hardware wallet like a Nano Ledger X and no worries about losing it, breaking it etc.

If you download the wallet app, set it up, and transfer your crypto into it, then you'll generate the same "seed phrase" and 12 word pass code that you'd have to use on a hardware wallet, and the access to your crypto is held in the cloud and on your device (iPhone), so if you lose your iPhone, you just download the wallet app onto your new iPhone, enter your seed phrase and passwords and away you go again.

At least that's how I understand it works. I have not set it up myself yet as I only have about £3k of crypto on their exchange and am quite comfortable leaving it on the exchange.

Also, Coinbase offers a custodial wallet app which links to your coinbase account, meaning no need for a hardware wallet like a Nano Ledger X and no worries about losing it, breaking it etc.

If you download the wallet app, set it up, and transfer your crypto into it, then you'll generate the same "seed phrase" and 12 word pass code that you'd have to use on a hardware wallet, and the access to your crypto is held in the cloud and on your device (iPhone), so if you lose your iPhone, you just download the wallet app onto your new iPhone, enter your seed phrase and passwords and away you go again.

At least that's how I understand it works. I have not set it up myself yet as I only have about £3k of crypto on their exchange and am quite comfortable leaving it on the exchange.
    I did look into this the other day as I transferred from Binance to Coinbase, the wallet does look fine and secure but its still not as good as a Ledger Nano, main complaint was its not completely out of reach of hackers or the US government unlike an off net storage.

What I might do is carry on like you with just leaving it on the exchange but if my crypto starts to gain a lot more in value or do a Bitcoin then I'll get a Ledger Nano X..

Have a look at the Trezor as well, I found it much easier to use than the Ledger

Decent article , might exsin BTC recent rise

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...doption-2021-8

Worth noting that Coinbase offers its US and non-US customers cash insurance of up to $250,000 per customer account.

https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbas...inbase-insured

I am not sure if other exchanges do that, I very much doubt they do.

I figured this insurance, and the fact that they are regulated far more than any other exchange, made their slightly higher fees well worth it. That was using Coinbase. If you use Coinbase Pro, I think their fees are amongst the lowest at 0.5%.
    Important to understand that the insurance only covers US Dollar cash balances for US customers, but only to the extent that the client money is actually held in cash with a US bank, something which according to Coinbase's website may or may not happen in part or in full and may change over time. So basically, if you are a US customer you may or may not get up to $250k insurance on your cash (not crypto), while you will have no insurance if you are non-US. In any case, this insurance does not protect you if Coinbase goes bankrupt, but only if the custodian bank where the money is held (if it is held with a custodian bank at all, see above) goes out of business. If I should summarise the insurance in two words, these two come to mind: TOTAL BULLSHIT.

To the best of my knowledge, Coinbase is not regulated in any country, so I don't know why you think they are regulated far more than any other exchange? The main advantage of Coinbase over Binance or FTX is a) that they are not involved in 'stable coin' frauds and b) that they are not illegally offering products which are subject to mandatory financial regulation.

Even if their cash insurance is worthless and the regulation non-existent, I still argue they are classes above Binance/FTX because they are simply not breaking the laws or pursuing fraud. Something going for them, for sure.

Decent article , might exsin BTC recent rise

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...doption-2021-8

Mainstream adoption?

Care to name a single institution that uses lightning for payments of any kind? Just one?

An article not only on bitcoin from a retailing perspective, but specific to the watch industry. What could be more appropriate for a post on here?

Review of best regulated exchanges to use if it helps anyone thinking of buying Crypto

Master
    Off Twitter..

A dormant address containing 484 #BTC* (21,871,546 USD) has just been activated after 7.8 years!

Nice earner that!