closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 80 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 4,000 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    All done.

Opened a Coinbase account and did a transfer of my BTC and DOGE from Binance. Safe and sound now.

My first transaction on the blockchain. I can see how BTC is not great to use as an actual currency! It took about half an hour and cost me £17 to move £2500 worth of BTC.

The DOGE was slower but cost less.
    Just picked back up on this thread, all my crypto is sat in Binance, 1 Ethereum, £500 of Cardano plus smaller amounts of some others, not sure whether to transefer to Coinbase or move over to an online wallet like MetaMask which I have?

Little vid

https://youtu.be/zlCZco4x-5c

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    As long as nobody goes to prison, this shit is just going on and on and on...

And bear in mind, this is just one out of many groups doing the same.
    17 minutes until another illegal pump and dump is going to be perpetrated in broad daylight, have a bit of fun and watch it live.

Sheep will be slaughtered and gangsters will be richer. Apparently part and parcel of the biggest technological progress that mankind will ever witness.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Which coin is it Raffe? I haven’t been looking at this much

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Which coin is it Raffe? I haven’t been looking at this much
    EZ. Spiked up to $11 from under $3. Still plenty of time to short it here around $5....

Master
    Thanks

Result:

If you followed my advice and shorted at $5, you saw a fall to $3.30 within minutes. Since then, is been trading between $3.30 and $4.80.

Despite their celebratory summary (below), it was impossible to make money on this pump other than shorting the initial pop (lastet only 90 seconds) or trading the $3.30 to $4.80 range after the initial spike. I suppose none of their followers has the ability to go short and I will confidently state that more than 90% of participants have lost money with this. But they just postulate how successful the pump was and all the losers will think that they made a mistake and return for the next iteration.

I expect them to return tomorrow to announce the next pump.

Crypto at its best.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Result:

If you followed my advice and shorted at $5, you saw a fall to $3.30 within minutes. Since then, is been trading between $3.30 and $4.80.

Despite their celebratory summary (below), it was impossible to make money on this pump other than shorting the initial pop (lastet only 90 seconds) or trading the $3.30 to $4.80 range after the initial spike. I suppose none of their followers has the ability to go short and I will confidently state that more than 90% of participants have lost money with this. But they just postulate how successful the pump was and all the losers will think that they made a mistake and return for the next iteration.

Crypto at its best.
    I just don’t get why the canon fodder follow these, they must realise there is no net gain just a redistribution of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I just don’t get why the canon fodder follow these, they must realise there is no net gain just a redistribution of wealth.
    They simply don't. Give people the promise of a free 300% and nobody will ask where the money comes from.

Explain to me the difference between this and 'unpumped' crypto? In both cases, you are hoping for somebody else to buy it off you for a higher price. No inherent value, just what people think it's worth...

Nah c'mon it'll be different this time

Master
    Blog Entries
    They simply don't. Give people the promise of a free 300% and nobody will ask where the money comes from.

Explain to me the difference between this and 'unpumped' crypto? In both cases, you are hoping for somebody else to buy it off you for a higher price. No inherent value, just what people think it's worth...
    I wonder how big the supply of mugs is for these shenanigans.

BTC bumping on the backside of 46k

Result: (...)

Voila:

Advantage : free for all

Pmsl

46k blimey

Ravencoin to 13cents, that's what we are mining , started at 6c. To the moon!

Technically mining ETH and being paid in raven but still

I'm an optimist , and it could be that BTC stabilises in September then goes up again. Wouldn't put a lot of money betting on that but I'll raise my charity bet

Was 40k on 31/1/22

Will raise my bet to 50k on 31/1/22 @Raffe for the diary

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I'm an optimist , and it could be that BTC stabilises in September then goes up again. Wouldn't put a lot of money betting on that but I'll raise my charity bet

Was 40k on 31/1/22

Will raise my bet to 50k on 31/1/22 @Raffe for the diary

Noted.

Well I laughed

Well I laughed: Blockchain hacks itself, $600 Mio gone

https://twitter.com/kelvinfichter/st...17046636371969

Bank robbery!!

Anyway , Raven upto 0.17, this isnt a pump it's miners moving across

Ever heard about a bank having the plans to their security on substack?

Every crypto move is a pump, because there are no fundamental reasons to buy them, we are only witnessing herd movements (aka pumps).

My long term target for all crypto remains firmly at zero.

Not pretending I understand all that but thanks for the information I'd read the headlines and was wondering how such a thing was possible.

Master
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58163917

Don’t worry, they have written a tweet asking for it back please …😂

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58163917

Don’t worry, they have written a tweet asking for it back please …
    Now that's funny, on par I'd say with trying to 'shame' the Taliban into doing the right thing.

Isn't SECURITY a crypto, blockchain USP...the folks at fault...Poly N\etwork or whoever...will presumably make good the individuals losses from their insurance...
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th August 2021 at 09:34.

Ever heard about a bank having the plans to their security on substack?

Every crypto move is a pump, because there are no fundamental reasons to buy them, we are only witnessing herd movements (aka pumps).

My long term target for all crypto remains firmly at zero.
    Don't blame you, those are in crypto should stay away from smart contracts as well

Or not so smart contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Now that's funny, on par I'd say with trying to 'shame' the Taliban into doing the right thing.

Isn't SECURITY a crypto, blockchain USP...the folks at fault...Poly N\etwork or whoever...will presumably make good the individuals losses from their insurance...
    There is no insurance, you are on your own in crypto land. They are trying to buy back the stolen tokens as that is the only way to get some of it back.

Democratising finance, you know.

Journeyman
    Imagine having the skills to hack 600m but being dumb enough not to mask your IP, footprint and email address

Imagine putting your life savings in any exchange let alone the totally unregulated defi sector

I'm only in for 3k and none of it is in an exchange everything moves to my hardware wallet asap

That's because it will be 300k soon to the moon!!*

*Possibly

Master
    50k looking likely by the weekend.

Might have a pint of Guinness to celebrate!

3k that grow into 300k - if you seriously believe that, you'd be the most stupid person on the plant not to increase your bet and make the next few generations of Daveyas independent and free of any financial worry.

Because despite its claim of democratising finance, crypto does nothing like it. Instead, it is just creating another elite to replace the current elite. Because if you miss the train now, you will never be able to make up for it ('have fun staying poor').

But everybody knows that, still this idiotic stuff about making finance a level playing field is repeated again and again.

Master
    Wishing for a time machine. Was too chicken to risk a few K early days. Bugger.

Friend of someone I worked with is collecting a huge boat this month & sailing it back from a far flung island. On top of the barrage of cars & houses & holidays he’s purchased. Think Lambo is still missing, but prancing horses and bentleys are there.

He was clearly lucky and in at the right time. I was not, and am resigned to remaining poor. I am yet to hear of a distant uncle who invested early either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wishing for a time machine. Was too chicken to risk a few K early days. Bugger.

Friend of someone I worked with is collecting a huge boat this month & sailing it back from a far flung island. On top of the barrage of cars & houses & holidays he’s purchased. Think Lambo is still missing, but prancing horses and bentleys are there.

He was clearly lucky and in at the right time. I was not, and am resigned to remaining poor. I am yet to hear of a distant uncle who invested early either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bitcoin was supposed to solve that, wasn't it? Level playing field, democratising finance, access for everybody. First world, second world, third world - everybody rich and happy.

Instead, bitcoin only supports an extreme right-wing agenda of shutting out the majority and making finance even more unequal going forward. But the crooks love it, so it has that going for it.

3k that grow into 300k - if you seriously believe that, you'd be the most stupid person on the plant not to increase your bet and make the next few generations of Daveyas independent and free of any financial worry.

Because despite its claim of democratising finance, crypto does nothing like it. Instead, it is just creating another elite to replace the current elite. Because if you miss the train now, you will never be able to make up for it ('have fun staying poor').

But everybody knows that, still this idiotic stuff about making finance a level playing field is repeated again and again.
    Lol no, I'm just trying to get enough for a nice holiday and have some fun

Loads of problems with crypto and will take a few years to resolve but I do think it has a future

Master
    How does Bitcoin shut anyone out? It’s available right now for anyone who wants a piece.

Musk just bought another 1.5b, to the moon!

How does Bitcoin shut anyone out? It’s available right now for anyone who wants a piece.
    Yes sure, but what's the difference to the old system? It was supposed to make everybody equal, but it just makes another group of people privileged.

What about people who don't want to or cannot buy now? Stay poor and rightly so?

Master
    Yes sure, but what's the difference to the old system? It was supposed to make everybody equal, but it just makes another group of people privileged.

What about people who don't want to or cannot buy now? Stay poor and rightly so?
    It’s unfair to say people are excluded if they choose not to get included.

If they cannot afford to get a piece, that’s unfortunate but there isn’t any system (barring totalitarian communism) that can make everything truly “equal” and we know that doesn’t work in reality either.

Whole other argument though. I still maintain that its more accessible, even at this stage, than the stock market (to the average guy on the street)

Most of the world's crime is still in fiat, crypto has attracted unsavoury characters and requires a lot of work before it can achieve anything like the social aims or was created for. Some think it won't get there , some think it will.

Some think so can make money along the way, some say you won't.

I've got high hopes I'll see a return

Most of the world's crime is still in fiat, crypto has attracted unsavoury characters and requires a lot of work before it can achieve anything like the social aims or was created for. Some think it won't get there , some think it will.

Some think so can make money along the way, some say you won't.

I've got high hopes I'll see a return

What is that supposed to mean? Over 99.99999999999% of all transactions are in fiat currencies, so obviously the majority of crime uses it as well.

There is a higher share of criminal and fraudulent transactions in crypto than in fiat, and this by a factor thousand or likely much much more.

It means where there is money there will be scams and crooks,.crypto won't , and isn't immune . It needs regulation for sure, don't think anyone denies that

It’s unfair to say people are excluded if they choose not to get included.

If they cannot afford to get a piece, that’s unfortunate but there isn’t any system (barring totalitarian communism) that can make everything truly “equal” and we know that doesn’t work in reality either.

Whole other argument though. I still maintain that its more accessible, even at this stage, than the stock market (to the average guy on the street)
    More accessible as there is a lack of AML-related process for signing up? Yes, though not sure that is a good thing. More accessible otherwise? Lolz.

Your argument is the same as saying everybody had the chance to buy Microsoft stock at IPO: Complete and utter nonsense. Democratising finance, my arse.

Master
    It’s easier and probably cheaper for the man on the street to buy £1000 worth of Bitcoin than £1000 worth of Microsoft stock.

Nothing to do with money laundering or anything else.

It’s easier and probably cheaper for the man on the street to buy £1000 worth of Bitcoin than £1000 worth of Microsoft stock.

Nothing to do with money laundering or anything else.
    How so?

Open Robinhood account, buy stock for free. Takes one minute.

Master
    How so?

Indeed, in fact I found shares far easier than when looking into crypto - plus I don't need to keep withdrawing to some wallet to prevent my shares being stolen.

As per the equality Ralf, indeed - I can be another card carrying 'have not' of an entirely new currency type lol.

Master
    How so?

Open localbitcoins / Coinbase account, buy Bitcoin. Takes no time either. Fee negligible.

I’d have more confidence in a better return too, which is the aim of the game.

Each to their own though. You’ve stated your view that Bitcoin will go to zero, and your opinion is no less valid than mine.

The hackers are returning the money lol

The hackers are returning the money lol

Some of it?

Open localbitcoins / Coinbase account, buy Bitcoin. Takes no time either. Fee negligible.

I’d have more confidence in a better return too, which is the aim of the game.

Each to their own though. You’ve stated your view that Bitcoin will go to zero, and your opinion is no less valid than mine.
    You said crypto was easier accessible, I said it isn't. And we haven't even touched upon the thousands of coins that can only be bought after having bought another coin first, a swap of trading venue, high fees (certainly not negligible for retail traders, more like ripoff) and whatnot. And then the painful process to get your money out.

Where it'll end up eventually, we'll find out. But more accessible it isn't.
    Last edited by Raffe; 11th August 2021 at 20:29.