closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car opinion sought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    What you ask people and the answer they give opposed to the truth are very different.
    If Rolex or Tudor don't think image makes any difference do you think they would have paid millions for Roger Federer or David Beckham.
    Choosing between certain automobiles is inextricably linked to image/pereception by peers and to argue otherwise is nonsense and would make add campaigns redundant.
    Do you think Rolex Pay Roger Federer million’s?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Do you think Rolex Pay Roger Federer million’s?
    In 2006 Federer signed a deal for £10 million with the watch maker, thought to be the most lucrative watch deal ever signed by an athlete.

Looks like it was 2012, multimillion deal

And I thought he was just the usual old school Rolex ambassador, not a highly paid celeb. Well good for him, making money from his image during his career.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I wouldn’t have thought a 2.0l would have any guts in it for a car that size - I was thinking 0 to 60 in about 10 seconds but surprisingly it’s 8 which isn’t bad.

FWIW my brother has had a Q7 and switched to a RRS 3 months ago, which is what my dad also drives. He’s not taken to it at all and and is buying another Q7.

I think the RRS is as striking as any of the cars in that category, however I always think the interiors lack a bit of the wow factor for the money they cost.
    Got a RR with the Ingenium diesel and it goes really well. Best Diesel engine I’ve had yet in a car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Looks like it was 2012, multimillion deal

And I thought he was just the usual old school Rolex ambassador, not a highly paid celeb. Well good for him, making money from his image during his career.
    RF and Tiger were the 2 marquee ambassadors for Rolex.
    When the shix hit the fan for Tiger they took a chance and went with him again.
    Not such a good decision.

Just wanted to say thank you all for the feedback. Things are slightly complicated by the fact that a Tesla Model S is an alternative possibility (albeit totally different kind of car but I really want one).

Craftsman

Subaru

I bought a Subaru Forester XT.

Comfortable, fast, 5 year warranty plus reliability record.

I'd suggest a test drive.

I also live in SW London not too far from Kingston and drive a Volvo XC90. If I didn’t need 7 seats I would definitely have gone for the smaller XC60. I love the XC90 but it is big and my understanding is that the Q7 is even wider. The issue isn’t with parking itself but getting in/out the car, you really have to be selective to find the right space so there’s enough room to actually get out and then get the kids out the back.
    If you don’t need the 7 seats I’d avoid the Q7 and get something a bit smaller for practicality.

Audi is the size of a Transit and ugly, but it's £150 a month less, and you sit inside!

If I had to have one and the price was the same, I'd take the Range Rover, myself (but I'd never buy such a vehicle personally).

M.

I love the new Sport (63 plate on) and know where my money would be.

You know how sometimes you're reading through a thread on here and you see one post which instantly tells you all you need to know about the person who posted?

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    HaHa you lot on here. Usually just means he’s got the money you dream of. Just get in your leased Hyundai wearing your Sekonda and get home to your higher earning wife.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    You know how sometimes you're reading through a thread on here and you see one post which instantly tells you all you need to know about the person who posted?
    You want me to Whatsapp any images, in order to complete your assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    You want me to Whatsapp any images, in order to complete your assessment?
    Ooh no. Please don't. I'm not image conscious. :-)