closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch battle - tudor pelagos blue , omega seamaster 300 blue or tag heuer aquaracer c

Banned

Watch battle - tudor pelagos blue , omega seamaster 300 blue or tag heuer aquaracer c

Hi guys , this is my first thread and I love reading up on which watch threads ... so here’s one for you . All similarly priced , all blue dive Watches , all automatic and all on steel bracelets , similarly sized . What’s your favourite ? Which would you buy and why ?

IMG_3638.JPG

IMG_3640.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    IMG_3641.JPG

Pics of all 3

The Pelagos is on a Ti bracelet ;)

I did a lot multipart thread comparing a number of watches including the Seamaster and the Pelagos - the Pelagos won in my conclusion, but... I think I still have all the other watches, and the Pelagos was sold. Plus, unlike most, I don’t like the shade of blue chosen for the Pelagos.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    The Tudor. The Omega looks dated and the Tag will have poor residuals. Never sure of that Pelagos’ blue dial though. I’ve yet to see one in person, but it looks a bit Bic blue to me in photos.

Craftsman
    Personally I would go for the Tudor. Tried one on the other week and it’s in my list. Felt nice and solid and currently don’t see that many out and about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
    The Tudor. The Omega looks dated and the Tag will have poor residuals. Never sure of that Pelagos’ blue dial though. I’ve yet to see one in person, but it looks a bit Bic blue to me in photos.
    I owned one for a while and the blue can change drastically in different lighting . Some days it would be dull and others the blue was striking . The titanium bracelet is nice but not sure how I felt about it being so light

Master
    I agree with the shade of Blue on the Pelagos if it was darker, would look stunning. Just bought the Black version as the Blue was just too Blue, shame as I expected to have prefered the blue version more.........

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    The Pelagos is on a Ti bracelet ;)

I did a lot multipart thread comparing a number of watches including the Seamaster and the Pelagos - the Pelagos won in my conclusion, but... I think I still have all the other watches, and the Pelagos was sold. Plus, unlike most, I don’t like the shade of blue chosen for the Pelagos.

Master
    Of the three I like the Tudor most. Maybe too much like a WG sub for some people but I quite like the colour.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I'd go for the earlier "bond" seamaster any day. None of those do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I'd go for the earlier "bond" seamaster any day. None of those do anything for me.
    As a long term keeper - I’d choose any of my Seamasters

Must you restrict yourself to a blue dial?

Master
    As a long term keeper - I’d choose any of my Seamasters
    I agree (regarding mine). It's the perfect watch, as legible as they get and the most comfortable bracelet I've tried. I just don't get much from the matte (?) dial on the newer ones. I love how light works with the guilloche dial.

Ive got a blue Seamaster, also got the Blue Aquaracer..(nice "shade"! of blue it is too...with a ceramic bezel).I also like the Tudor.

At the end of the day, get whichever you prefer the best! As has been noted, the Tag will lose the most money....But...if you get one at a good price...then its not so bad!

Craftsman
    Out the three, I’d go for the Tudor. It’s got so many unique features and is incredibly versatile.
    That particular Tag just doesn’t do it for me at all and call me a snob but i don’t think it’s in the same league as the other two.
    I’ve never liked the bracelet on the Seamaster, it just looks so dated now.
    Last edited by Bobbyf; 26th October 2017 at 09:43.

Master
    I would do yourself the favour of really trying the Pelagos on first. I learnt a lesson that I do a need a little bling or at least contrast in brushed against polished facets etc. The Pelagos when I tried it on just felt flat.
    However you may love that look and the trying on would reinforce your love of the Pelagos.

I've never been a fan of that seamaster bracelet, which is a shame as the one that they put on the aqua Terra is gorgeous. It would be the Pelagos for me

Tudor. Omegas like that just look soft and the Tag is...a Tag.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Pelagos albeit I don't like the shade of blue.
    Seamaster is dated. Tag is tag.

Tag but this one

Craftsman
    Pelagos every time.

Love the blue, the hands, the markers. If it had no date, or at 6, it might be my perfect Watch!

Blog Entries
    There are alternatives...

(Also available on a bracelet)

z

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pelagos, but I am biased having just bought a blue one.
    The tag is ok, does not really inspire me though.

I echo the 'dated' comments about the omega, it's is also the opposite of all the things I like about the Pelagos.
    I.e.
    Solid hands Vs skeleton
    Coin edge bezel Vs omegas scalloped edges
    Matt Titanium Vs shiny steel
    I did used to love the omega, in fact when I joined TZ in 2005 it was purposefully to procure one but I think it is seriously due an uppdate now.

A couple of pics for all the Tag Heuer haters!

Just to "balance" it out a touch, there is this one,

Ive not got a Tudor...............but never say never!

Personally Id get the Tudor!

I think the Tag WAK2111 looks amazing . I have the Tudor and it's probably my most remarked upon watch. Highly recommended but no bling there. Clean simple classy dive watch. The Seamaster is okay but lacks something to me and I love my Omegas. Maybe an electric Blue Aqua Terra is in order....
    Last edited by manganr; 25th October 2017 at 22:14.

Craftsman
    I own 2 of the the 3 brands and I.m a big fan of the seamaster and it's bracelet....not a tag hater but that model does nothing for me!!! I would choose the pelagos but I'm not a massive Ti fan ...theres always the black bay blue which I think is a better choice than those 3.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

I tried the Tudor on at my local AD at the weekend and have to say I was VERY impressed, so much so the Mrs had to drag me away :(

Seriously though, awesome build quality, the blue looks great and it doesn't feel nearly as chunky as it looks because of the titanium!

Blog Entries
    It would have to be the Seamaster for me. Just a classic in my eyes.

Got the blue SMPc but I also have the black Pelagos. Both very different - the omega is much more dressy and imho suitable for a business suit. The Pelagos is a much more tool based watch and really is a cracking watch. I think there's room for both. I like some tags but that one leaves me cold - just lacks something.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post

This one. None of the others. Just consider, there's a reason so many Tudors get flipped.

Sinn?

Watch battle - tudor pelagos blue , omega seamaster 300 blue or tag heuer aquaracer c

Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    This one. None of the others. Just consider, there's a reason so many Tudors get flipped.
    There's more Sea masters for sale than Pelagos on eBay. And that model you show looks very dated now imho. So what's this reason you allude to why so many Tudors get flipped. Dying to know so I understand when I sell my 4.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    There's more Sea masters for sale than Pelagos on eBay. And that model you show looks very dated now imho. So what's this reason you allude to why so many Tudors get flipped. Dying to know so I understand when I sell my 4.

Yes, it looks dated, in the same way an early '60s Speedmaster or a 5513 Sub looks dated - original and just perfect. When you consider the sheer number of Speedmasters in existence, in comparison to the relatively recent Tudor, it is to be expected that there will be more for sale at any one time.
    I can only explain why I flipped my Pelagos, 3 times in fact. They look good in photos but are less satisfying in the 'flesh'. I find the case to be lacking in subtlety, more akin to micro brands, such as Deep Blue, than a mainstream, top end watch brand. I suppose it is the flat sides and the unnecessarily chunky case. Just my opinion but for some reason lots of other people seem to let them go before too long.
    Last edited by TomGW; 26th October 2017 at 09:03.

Master
    I have had both the Seamaster and Pelagos BUT both in black.

Now both sold but the bracelet on the Seamaster just looks dated and the Pelgaos was sold to trade up.

If i was buying again it would be the Pelagos with the in house movement.

Master
    I was undecided between the SMP and the Pelagos. Ended up buying the SMP and IMO made the wrong decision. If I was looking now I’d be buying the Pelagos without a doubt. I ended up selling the SMP so I haven’t got either at the moment but will no doubt get a Pelagos at some point in the future.

I'm glad the Seamaster bracelet divides opinion. As I'd like to see them worn less ;)

For me, apart from Ti bracelets, it's the most comfortable bracelet I've worn. I've currently got my SMPc with an adjustable clasp, but I didn't really need it.

I think the Pelagos is a good used buy. Very legible, integrated HEV, and Ti. The self adjustable clasp never really worked for me, but was interesting. My main objection, if I had one, was the weight. It weighs more than my Submarines, and it's a Ti watch. But then a lot of people think a Ti watch feels cheap because it's too light lol

Yes, it looks dated, in the same way an early '60s Speedmaster or a 5513 Sub looks dated - original and just perfect. When you consider the sheer number of Speedmasters in existence, in comparison to the relatively recent Tudor, it is to be expected that there will be more for sale at any one time.
    I can only explain why I flipped my Pelagos, 3 times in fact. They look good in photos but are less satisfying in the 'flesh'. I find the case to be lacking in subtlety, more akin to micro brands, such as Deep Blue, than a mainstream, top end watch brand. I suppose it is the flat sides and the unnecessarily chunky case. Just my opinion but for some reason lots of other people seem to let them go before too long.
    You flipped it three times lol? Something kept drawing you back then

Craftsman
    I would go and try them all on and see which one you like and wears best... You don't really get an appreciation for the thickness of the watch from photos. You might find the Pelagos wears chunker than the omega and depending on what you like this might be a plus or a minus. Personally, I prefer watches < 13mm thick.
    Last edited by matt109; 26th October 2017 at 21:12.

Craftsman
    For me the SMPc without a seconds thought but it's you so go and try them all on, it's part of the fun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Tag but this one
    Ditto. And the money saved can go in to something else. That seamaster bracelet looks very dated these days and the blue of the Pelagos dial just isn't quite right when you see it in the metal (though it's a bloody nice watch).

Master
    Pelagos. But i'd rather have the black as the blue is too primary and i'd also prefer the ETA so it didn't have someones dissertation on the dial.

SMP is too 80s/90s for my tastes. The current ones still look dated and I don't agree with the comment that it's dated in the same way a moonwatch or a 5513 is. They have vintage appeal and designs that have stood up as they focussed on purpose rather than fashions of the era in which they were conceived.

Tag. Ignoring the price being too high and their reputation on here I don't like the design either. Again they are usually too fussy and a bit dated.

Apprentice
    Seamaster for me please.
    Nice watches but neither the Tudor nor Tag do it for me. Personal taste I guess.

Banned
    The pelagos looks like the way to go

I'm glad the Seamaster bracelet divides opinion. As I'd like to see them worn less ;)

For me, apart from Ti bracelets, it's the most comfortable bracelet I've worn. I've currently got my SMPc with an adjustable clasp, but I didn't really need it.

I think the Pelagos is a good used buy. Very legible, integrated HEV, and Ti. The self adjustable clasp never really worked for me, but was interesting. My main objection, if I had one, was the weight. It weighs more than my Submarines, and it's a Ti watch. But then a lot of people think a Ti watch feels cheap because it's too light lol
    I don't see many Seamasters, certainly not as popular as they were say 10 years ago. For me, the Seamaster has way more heritage as a dive watch than the other two options. I have a 2531.80.00, it was my first 'expensive' watch and I don't ever see myself selling it (it'll pass onto my son). I'd love to get a Seamaster 300 Spectre to add to the collection.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    You flipped it three times lol? Something kept drawing you back then

Yeah, the first was blue and I blamed the colour - thought that I would like the black better. Got a black on leather and felt the head was too heavy for a strap. The third was black on a bracelet and it still didn't get worn much. Mind you the Pelagos is not the only watch that I've repeatedly tried to like.

Yeah, the first was blue and I blamed the colour - thought that I would like the black better. Got a black on leather and felt the head was too heavy for a strap. The third was black on a bracelet and it still didn't get worn much. Mind you the Pelagos is not the only watch that I've repeatedly tried to like.
    The madness that is our hobby. I feel your pain

Well...
    I like the Seamaster, but I think everything since the 2531.80 has lost something. The Pelagos is a bit big, and I don’t care for the shade of blue. Not the Tag.

Do be honest, I’d save for a pre-owned Rolex, but that is me. If you forced me I’d say the Omega, but I would much rather have the earlier 2531.80. Buying one of those at a fair price, in good condition with bezel that wasn’t scratched / scuffed is tough!

D

Master
    Seamaster for me, it’s a classic in the same way as a Submariner.

I have both and tend tend to wear the Omega more often, personal taste I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Seamaster for me, it’s a classic in the same way as a Submariner.

I have both and tend tend to wear the Omega more often, personal taste I guess.
    Agreed. My Submariners get hardly any wear compared to my Seamasters (wearing one as I type!). All the local watch snobs probably think I need a hand out ;)