closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: iPhone X

What's the point in upgrading?
    The minute you run an update, it'll start to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    All reports indicate that iOS 12 beta runs better than iOS 11 on the same hardware.

Nearly every time I update, my storage capacity gets hoovered.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    So a small bump from the depths for this thread in light of Apples imminent launch on the 12th of the new X range. Consensus appears to be:

Iphone Xs - speedbump of existing X
    Iphone 9 - similar size to X but lower price and with non-OLED display
    iPhone Xs +(or Max) - bigger 6.5” screen/phone

All have full face display/notch, Face ID etc. Anyone upgrading or staying with their current iPhone?

Ive seen reports that the 9 will stay with a single camera as well as the non-OLED display. Comparing with the 7/8 this doesn’t leave much in the way of improvement... I’m due an upgrade but am hoping the 8s price will drop when they release the new phones... not completely sold on the X just yet as I can’t see a way to unlock your phone if it’s lyinv on the table next to you...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I’m running IOS 12 beta on a creaky 5S - it brought the phone back to life and is actually very snappy now . I’m looking forward to the full release in my 7 , should be excellent .

Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post
    I’m running IOS 12 beta on a creaky 5S - it brought the phone back to life and is actually very snappy now . I’m looking forward to the full release in my 7 , should be excellent .
    Must admit I was surprised at how well an old 5S 16GB work phone used to run with iOS11 and Apple appear to be holding true to their commitment to making older phones run better with iOS12.

Master
    I am still on an iPhone 7 I bought early last year on here from serial phone seller vinstink and honestly still have no real desire or reason to upgrade... 32GB has proved to be more than enough capacity for the amount of apps and pictures I have and the phone still feels fast enough... and of course that will only improve with IOS12 anyway.

Can’t deny that an X (or whatever succeeds it next week) isn’t extremely appealing still though.. I have seen them come up for sale on Sales Corner here a few times recently for the £650 mark which is more my kind of speed than the £999 RRP.

It's the screen size that keeps me with the X. It is fantastic to be honest in such a nice size body shell. I occasionally use my wife's 7 and it feels very dated.

I just really miss the home button. Wish you could activate a feature to replicate the use, such as double click of the side button (like you have to in app store) or something.

I agree its disappointing there is no smart case although I do find the battery pretty good. I do have a battery case for essential times though. Not as nice as the smart case but still very good

FaceID works for me. I find it far faster, and more reliable, than TouchID was.

Quote Originally Posted by abooth2909 View Post
    not completely sold on the X just yet as I can’t see a way to unlock your phone if it’s lyinv on the table next to you...
    If FaceID can’t detect a face, it just asks for the passcode.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I agree its disappointing there is no smart case although I do find the battery pretty good. I do have a battery case for essential times though. Not as nice as the smart case but still very good
    What battery case did you go for out of interest? I had a bad experience a few years back with a generic one from Amazon before switching to the Smart Case for my 6 at the time. There’s a plethora of 3rd party ones out there for the X but reluctant to take the plunge for historical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    What battery case did you go for out of interest? I had a bad experience a few years back with a generic one from Amazon before switching to the Smart Case for my 6 at the time. There’s a plethora of 3rd party ones out there for the X but reluctant to take the plunge for historical reasons.
    Its a generic one from ebay but I've found it pretty good during my usage

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292385698...&s=ci&mail=sys