closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC RN Diver-Pipless!

CWC RN Diver-Pipless!

Good afternoon all

I have the above in Auto guise with a L dial, it has a bezel without a lume pip at the 60 marker triangle..?

All the others I see pics of have a lume pip, just wondered why mine is sans lume pip?

Can any of the officandaos shed any light..? Is it aftermarket, numbers look correct!

Thank you,

Vince

Craftsman

Pip-less bezel

Vince,

That seems a bit odd, perhaps it slipped through QC unnoticed or has had an aftermarket insert installed. I'd try these options.

1. Contact Silvermans and see if they have a replacement insert or complete bezel.
    2. Try Bryan Hibbins (Bry1975), he was advertising replacement inserts on MWR-PX sometime back.
    3. Remove the insert drill a hole and fill it with lume (not sure of the hole size but it looks about 2mm).

Is it a 120 click bezel? I've not removed one of these so can't offer any advice on how the insert is fitted in the bezel. On the earlier bezels the insert
    was glued in and could be loosened from the rear with a razor blade and applied heat.

Terry

I know this thread is getting on a bit but just for interest, this is the bezel on a Mk.2 RN Diver:

With the bezel removed, it's still not possible to access the bezel insert. It's entirely contained within it's channel in the top of the bezel, I'm assuming it's therefore glued into place.

Because it's in a channel, you cannot pick it out with a sharp blade from the side either. Perhaps heating the bezel to loosen the bond may permit it to be removed. Failing that, maybe drilling a tiny hole through the bezel from the rear but being very careful that when you break through the steel in the bezel you don't go into the underside of the insert. Then push the insert out with a pin or something. This approach could also bend the insert so several holes may be needed to push evenly around the circumference. That's all I can think of to remove one anyway.

Here you can see the insert recessed in it's channel with both sides and bottom surface completely inaccessible. Just for pig iron, I'd be curious to know what the insert is made of. I can't tell whether it's steel or aluminium, painted or some sort of PVD type coating applied to it. The markers are infilled with white paint but the black doesn't look like just anodised alminium as on my SKX, it has a textured surface finish.

Edit: Forgot to say earlier, Silvermans don't do replacement inserts for the Mk.2 but they do entire bezels for £80.00. The reason I know is that I asked for one at the time I initially bought my watch from them. I hate damaged bezels and I wear my watches on the occasional times when I get to dive any more and diving has a tendency to scratch bezels.

Luckily I had the spare because the new watch had a misaligned insert, it didn't align perfectly at 12 o'clock. I removed the original bezel simply by grasping it with firmly with my fingers and pulling it away from the watch while simultaneously rotating it. It came off quite easily. When I popped the spare one on, it lined up perfectly at 12 o'clock - Phew! I tried removing the new one just to see how easily could come off and it absolutely will not budge.

I wanted to try remove the insert from the original bezel so I could rotate it a touch and then refit it so it would line up at 12 o'clock but I cannot see how to do it other than the two methods mentioned above. (Which I've been too chicken to try)
    Last edited by Narc'd; 14th December 2017 at 21:14. Reason: Additional info

That's intresting to see the MK2 insert has I filled numbers
    The standard MK1 has a aluminium painted bezel without recessed numbers