closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay sellers: CWC G10

Craftsman

eBay sellers: CWC G10

Can anyone recommend an eBay seller for a G10? Anyone had any good/bad experiences?
    Rob

If you want a new one you cant go wrong with Cabot who is Silvermans
    If used its bit more of a minefield as they are largely from private sellers
    Outside of Ebay try Anchor Supplies they are an MOD disposal agent.

eBay sellers: CWC G10

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    Can anyone recommend an eBay seller for a G10? Anyone had any good/bad experiences?
    Rob
    I’ve bought three off Ebay. Two that were cosmetically perfect came from MBRadio (pristine 85 mid-fat) and Ramco (pristine 06), The other and I can’t remember the trader’s name was junk.

I think it is a bit of a lottery as to what you find inside if it hasn’t been inspected and described in the postings: water damage for example. With one of the good uns, I’ve just had to have the electronics replaced. It had been fitted with the wrong size battery and very sharp spacer spring that damaged the electronics when I recently changed the battery.

Otherwise put a WTB on here or MWR or maybe ask Andrew Leftley at Time World Services if he has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 24th October 2017 at 09:55.

Agree with MBradio he posts over at MWR as well from time to time.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    If you want a new one you cant go wrong with Cabot who is Silvermans
    If used its bit more of a minefield as they are largely from private sellers
    Outside of Ebay try Anchor Supplies they are an MOD disposal agent.
    Thanks, I’ll check out Anchor Supplies. I’m a bit reluctant to buy direct from CWC/Silvermans due to the prices they charge now. I should’ve bought one years ago!

Craftsman
    Just had a quick look on eBay. MBradio doesn’t seem to have any watches for sale at the moment.
    Thanks for the help so far.

Just had a quick look on eBay. MBradio doesn’t seem to have any watches for sale at the moment.
    Thanks for the help so far.
    You could contact him. I think he has a bit of a reputation for hoarding them. He has a normal website. I think it is M&B Radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I’ll check out Anchor Supplies. I’m a bit reluctant to buy direct from CWC/Silvermans due to the prices they charge now. I should’ve bought one years ago!
    I ordered from Anchor Supplies then cancelled and went with a brand new one from CWC. If you want one I'd say get a brand spanker. Great watch and, whilst it's not the amazing bargain it once was, it's still an absolutely awesome watch for the money. I set it last Wednesday and it is 100% bang on atomic time when I just checked it. Only down sides for me are the seconds hands down't always perfectly hit the markers (only very marginal drift) and the Plexi glass marks easily (like any other plastic crystal).

If you go new get it from CWC, it's free delivery (Silverman's charge £3.99 delivery).

There is a French member of the forum - Laurent B - who regularly sells new, or perhaps NOS, CWCs on the French forums, prices seem to be around 140/150 euros. Trustworthy bloke, I'd say, so you could try him.

I have one on E bay at this moment. Its 2006 never issued still has plastic cover on. If it doesn't sell i will pm you see if you are interested

Cheers

Peter

Craftsman
    Thanks for the help everyone. It's been discussed quite a bit elsewhere recently but it's a shame that CWC have increased their prices so much. I paid about £300 for my SBS a few years ago and seriously regret selling it now!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks for the help everyone. It's been discussed quite a bit elsewhere recently but it's a shame that CWC have increased their prices so much. I paid about £300 for my SBS a few years ago and seriously regret selling it now!

The price rise has to stop somewhere surely. I would like an SBS but it's the type of watch that only really suits being worn when doing manly man stuff. And i'm just too poor to wear a £700 watch for such activities.

Thanks for the help everyone. It's been discussed quite a bit elsewhere recently but it's a shame that CWC have increased their prices so much. I paid about £300 for my SBS a few years ago and seriously regret selling it now
    Cheaper ones are out there
    I paid £250 for a non issued 06 T dialled SBS last year.

Craftsman
    You probably bought it from me, that's how much mine went for!!

Craftsman
    Just remembered mine wasn't a '06 T dial so cancel the last.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    The price rise has to stop somewhere surely. I would like an SBS but it's the type of watch that only really suits being worn when doing manly man stuff. And i'm just too poor to wear a £700 watch for such activities.

Exactly this. They've priced themselves out of what I can call an everyday watch. Which is a real pity because I'd buy another straight away if they were cheaper. Hence the reason I'm looking at the G10 as an alternative.

Hi,

I still have a few G10 New Old Stock from 1989 if interested...

cheers,

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent B View Post
    Hi,

cheers,

;)

I don't suppose you know why there are so many 89 dated G10's on the market do you? I think I read somewhere that a huge number where over ordered in that year but it would be nice to know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Hi,

I really don't know but I think the over order explanation could be the right one...?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent B View Post
    Hi,

cheers,

;)

You could have synchronised them before taking the pic. My OCD is bristling now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    You could have synchronised them before taking the pic. My OCD is bristling now!!!
    I wish you hadn’t pointed that out. I’m now rearranging the tins in the cupboard in alphabetical order to try and calm my nerves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk