closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In comming WW2 RAF Elliott Officers Mess Mantle clock

In comming WW2 RAF Elliott Officers Mess Mantle clock

I just bought this WW2 RAF Elliott Officers Mess Mantle clock on Ebay. This clock was made in 1939 and has a 8 day Fusee movement. All ways wanted one and finely got one for the collection.

Now the long wait for it to get delivered to the USA.

Really interesting, I saw your post on MWR. Do you know if the movement was particularly specified or adapted for RAF use? eg more accurate or robust? Or was this a standard mantle clock with a different dial?

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Really interesting, I saw your post on MWR. Do you know if the movement was particularly specified or adapted for RAF use? eg more accurate or robust? Or was this a standard mantle clock with a different dial?
    I know the same movement was used in other types of RAF station clocks like the sector clock.

Thanks, it was obviously well regarded. Good luck with the shipping!

Well it made it in one piece and in running condition. One heavy pendulum but that's probably what's needed on a Fusee movement. Like have a piece of history telling time in the house.

That was quick! Looks great, very evocative.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    That was quick! Looks great, very evocative.
    Only four days from England to Montana USA and I live in a rural area were only one person works in the Post Office but UPS delivered it. UPS come to the door but USPS our local US Postal Service we pick up the mail from a PO box at the post office nothing delivered to the door . So that is fast with UPS also FedEx deliver to the door but they suck they are the only ones that stick me with a tax bill from any from over seas.
    Last edited by River Rat; 20th October 2017 at 23:38.