closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor GMT "Pepsi"

Craftsman

Tudor GMT "Pepsi"

Just interested to know how many people are waiting for one? I was contacted by the AD on Saturday to tell me one is in the shop with my name on it. Being perfectly honest, I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be about it. So truth is, I'm not too sure what to do. Thoughts and helpful comments would be much appreciated.

Journeyman
    I got my one last summer and think it is a great watch. I had some concerns about bulk but for me it is comfortable and does not feel too big on. No issues with the date for me and has kept very good time so far. It gets regular use and after 6 months still enjoying the quality and value for money. If you still like the look of it go for it but only you can decide.

Blog Entries
    If you don’t want it you could let it go to the next person on ‘the list’.

If you have no excitement about spending the best part of 3 grand then don’t.

Master
    I wouldn’t buy any watch that I had a doubt over, I’d pass.

Unless you’re thinking you can move it on without much/any loss if you don’t want to keep it? Again I’d pass and let the next person get it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If you don’t want it you could let it go to the next person on ‘the list’.
    Happy to this of course, but I suppose I'd rather it went to someone on here if I decide I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finners View Post
    Happy to this of course, but I suppose I'd rather it went to someone on here if I decide I don't want it.
    Whilst it’s nice gesture it should really go to the next person on the list of the AD IMO
    They seem to be coming through to the shops now, so no one should have to wait too long should they decide to buy one.
    The person on the list has likely waited since it release due to the technical issues they had with the watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    This is what I'm thinking. To be honest, it's not the money. My plan was to sell my Omega AT (which I have) as I wasn't wearing it, and get this as a more wearable (to me the AT is slightly more formal looking) alternative. I'm not bothered about the hype or anything to do with making a quick quid, which is just as well as those ships have sailed in any case.

Journeyman
    I think the days of being able to try it and at least break even might be coming to an end - saying that I can’t see you taking a bit hit if it isn’t right for you.

I would pass, for now - there will soon start to be more of these in stores and you will be able to try it on a few times and see if it’s right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Rumours are that a lot of people are passing at the moment. It might be in anticipation of a BB58 GMT or something else interesting at Basel.

Perhaps it is worth going to see it before passing on it?

Yup, leave it. It is not about the money, but about the lack of anticipation. I was really looking forward to mine, and I really enjoy having it, it is going nowhere, but whether it is £200, £2k or more, surely no anticipation = no buy.

Dave

I was tempted to buy one this weekend. Sat on an AD window. So availability is definitely improved and I would expect that to continue, just like the Bronze and the LHD - ever AD now has those.

There was a delay in lead in times as AD's didn't originally order enough GMT's or 58's, but that's almost a year ago, so...

As others have said, like all the "must-have" Tudors of recent years, this balloon appears to have popped, and there are few if any changing hands at RRP anymore. No one's getting out of these FOC now.

Three reasons, IMO: Firstly, no more lengthy waiting lists, these are coming through thick and fast now. Secondly, worries about QC, too many examples going back to the RSC multiple times for warranty work and their story still isn't straight about what the problem really is. And lastly, the usual seasonal Basel-wait-and-see, with plenty of dreamers like me hoping for a more classically-sized BB58 version.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Whilst it’s nice gesture it should really go to the next person on the list of the AD IMO
    They seem to be coming through to the shops now, so no one should have to wait too long should they decide to buy one.
    The person on the list has likely waited since it release due to the technical issues they had with the watch.
    Thanks, this was the main reason for posting this here. I thought I'd give someone here the option to put dibs on it if I decided to pass. But as you say, given availabilty has changed, this is less of an issue now anyway.

I think I'll go take a look at it, try it on and decide. Thanks for the very helpful comments, much appreciated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    As others have said, like all the "must-have" Tudors of recent years, this balloon appears to have popped, and there are few if any changing hands at RRP anymore. No one's getting out of these FOC now.

Three reasons, IMO: Firstly, no more lengthy waiting lists, these are coming through thick and fast now. Secondly, worries about QC, too many examples going back to the RSC multiple times for warranty work and their story still isn't straight about what the problem really is. And lastly, the usual seasonal Basel-wait-and-see, with plenty of dreamers like me hoping for a more classically-sized BB58 version.
    I know it’s taboo here but probably brexit also has a part to play. I don’t see anyone wanting to pay 3k for essentially what is a luxury item and one can do without until we know exactly what’s going to happen

This is what I'm thinking. To be honest, it's not the money. My plan was to sell my Omega AT (which I have) as I wasn't wearing it, and get this as a more wearable (to me the AT is slightly more formal looking) alternative. I'm not bothered about the hype or anything to do with making a quick quid, which is just as well as those ships have sailed in any case.
    I did exactly this. Sold AT to help get Tudor GMT. I was happy with that. But if you don't love a watch, pass on it and get what flicks your switches

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Rumours are that a lot of people are passing at the moment. It might be in anticipation of a BB58 GMT or something else interesting at Basel.

Perhaps it is worth going to see it before passing on it?
    I would be confident in saying there's no chance of a 58 GMT this year, or next

Master
    I like it, wanted one, but took my name off the list when I wasn't working to let the next guy get his earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    # You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one...
    #

Craftsman
    I think I'll go take a look at it, try it on and decide. Thanks for the very helpful comments, much appreciated.
    IMO, no harm doing that. Try on the wrist and see if it sings to you. You are not committed until you swipe that plastic!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    # You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one...
    #
    Lol . If there is I think mine will get flipped pretty quick

Journeyman
    "if in doubt do nowt".."fool and money soon parted"..

if your not sure bud dont do it..

Ernie in Plymouth

Craftsman
    Definitely go and see it, try it on, ponder a while..... It would be a shame not to after waiting all this time.

But only get it if your enthusiasm is reignited! Otherwise, move on. There'll be more chances to get one in future if you find you regret not getting it after a while!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie View Post
    "if in doubt do nowt".."fool and money soon parted"..

if your not sure bud dont do it..

Ernie in Plymouth
    Good point, well made.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Definitely go and see it, try it on, ponder a while..... It would be a shame not to after waiting all this time.

But only get it if your enthusiasm is reignited! Otherwise, move on. There'll be more chances to get one in future if you find you regret not getting it after a while!
    This is where I'm at now, pretty well sums up the situation, thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ywl23n View Post
    IMO, no harm doing that. Try on the wrist and see if it sings to you. You are not committed until you swipe that plastic!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yep, this.

I still want a "replacement" for the AT. So I'll go and see if the Tudor hums a tune, if not I'll pass.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    There was one in the window of Windsor Bishop this afternoon

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    There was one in the window of Windsor Bishop this afternoon

Pitch
    NFN.......I say

..........Normal for Norfolk then.

Craftsman

I wasn't really suggesting there was, just that people seemed to be hoping there would be and passing on BB GMTs as a result.

I've been wearing my BB GMT today and once you get over the heft of the thing it really is lovely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    NFN.......I say

..........Normal for Norfolk then.
    They have changed the doors as well my friend, now that was confusing......... until I noticed the use other door sign 😳

Master
    Harsh but fair!

Craftsman
    Well as I said, I went to have a look, so now I have a Tudor in the collection

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    I wasn't really suggesting there was, just that people seemed to be hoping there would be and passing on BB GMTs as a result.

I've been wearing my BB GMT today and once you get over the heft of the thing it really is lovely.
    Agree. A 39mm GMT would be great for enthusiasts, but the 41 will appeal to the masses more. I'm very happy with mine...when I have it

Congrats

Craftsman
    Congrats

Thanks, I was quite suprised just how nice it feels to wear. I do have pretty strong wrists and can see how those with more delicate wrists might find it a bit bulky.

Well done. It is a nice watch and probably my fav at the moment. Wears really well on the bracelet. Enjoy.

Thanks, I was quite suprised just how nice it feels to wear. I do have pretty strong wrists and can see how those with more delicate wrists might find it a bit bulky.
    I have a pair of those delicate wrists and was worried, but once I changed straps I was v happy at how it looked and the presence it had. I'm glad you went to try it, you'd never know otherwise.

Not sure how this pic taken last night ended up posted earlier in the thread! However the power of the dark side obviously swung you

Craftsman
    Not sure how this pic taken last night ended up posted earlier in the thread! However the power of the dark side obviously swung you
    Yeah, it was the Vader wot done it