closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Los Angeles - Where to stay

Los Angeles - Where to stay

I usually stay down in Orange/Costa Mesa but fancy a change. Going out there between 24th and 31st Oct on my own and just wondering where others think is worth staying. Hotel recommendations also welcome.

I have no real set plans about what I'll be getting up to, just really having a week away. I'll be catching up with some friends over that halloween weekend, so open to options.

Cheers
    Fish

I keep going back to the Marriott Marina del Rey but that's for business purposes. If I were spending a week there for leisure I'd be looking at AirBnB. Whereabouts in the city or surrounding suburbs depends on what you believe you'll be doing and what you want to see.

Master
    We stayed here http://www.leparcsuites.com It wasn't hugely expensive, but seems very popular with actors and musicians (apparently George Clooney was there the week before us). It's right in the middle of Hollywood / Beverly Hills / Melrose area, but is in a quiet area.

I really enjoyed staying in Venice beach, lots of small hotels/motels to pick on booking.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pasadena - LA is a hole.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I’m not a big LA fan but Santa Monica was quite nice and reasonably easy to get around from there

Banned
    West Hollywood was a good area and easy to get about from , Santa Monica is also a lovely area especially during their summer

I got a very good rate at the Beverly Hilton on Wilshire - lovely hotel, Starbucks nearby and 10 mins stroll to Rodeo Drive for food and drink............and people/car watching. Safe and clean area,

https://www.loewshotels.com/santa-monica

got a deal through booking.com, great location, uber & Lyft to get about

Queen Mary at Long Beach.

http://www.queenmary.com/stay-aboard/stay-aboard/

Better than Santa Monica, imo. It was lovely sitting on board when the tourists have gone home and looking back over the city.

Basically, get as far out of LA as you can be - San Francisco is nice!

M