closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay/Paypal refund question

Ebay/Paypal refund question

Ordered something from China and after around 2 months I asked for my money back and the seller agreed to do that.

It's been a week or so but the money is nowhere in sight and I don't see it anywhere on eBay or Paypal not even as pending or something like that.

The only proof is the resolution case where the money was "refunded" which now is being displayed as closed. Inside I get a link to the Paypal transaction but when I click it it takes me to an empty Paypal page on my account.

It's not a large sum of money but I just find it a little weird. Is refunding instant or am I going to have to wait a few weeks until the banks and everything work it out ?

Blog Entries
    has it gone direct to your bank account? if you had no funds in ppal the payment would have gone back into your bank account.

Craftsman

If you paid via paypal it should go back into your paypal account

Did you agree to close the case? Did you close it via ebay or paypal? basically you can open a dispute for the transaction via paypal and leave ebay out all together as it seems they didn't do (or can do) anything for you...Via paypal you can have your money back...Should be resolved in a flash.

Guillermo

I would suggest calling PayPal. They will know what's going on easily enough.

Money is not in Paypal nor is it in the bank. I didn't close the resolution, it closed automatically once the seller "refunded" me I believe...

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Why not just phone PayPal and ask them?

I'm assuming this has been done without opening a resolution case, just after direct contact with the seller? Open a case and let PayPal do the rest.

Journeyman

Call ebay

they are very helpful.

If you have the buy now, pay later option in Paypal they don't charge you for two weeks, so you wouldn't get any money back as they didn't take any out. They just cancel the transaction.

This was done through a resolution. I'll contact eBay or Paypal...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    has it gone direct to your bank account? if you had no funds in ppal the payment would have gone back into your bank account.
    That's not automatic. It depends on some setting somewhere that I can't be bothered to find right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    This was done through a resolution. I'll contact eBay or Paypal...
    Paypal is more helpful than eBay as a rule.

Did you resolve this? Just wondered.

Yes. Eventually the money went straight back to my bank account without any notice anywhere (had to check e-banking manually).

There is a paypal transaction link that you get but it takes you to an error webpage probably because it bypasses Paypal and goes straight to my account.

Both Paypal and eBay were of no help and oblivious about all of this but it sorted out eventually on it's own, so to speak.