timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peaky Blinders new series

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks like it’s going to hot up a wee bit

Craftsman
    I caught up on both new episodes last night - bang into the action! Lots of interesting things going on, with Billy Boys, Oswald Mosley, and US activity. Al Capone not likely to feature this season other than maybe a tease toward the end (Stephen Graham has been cast for future seasons I understand, he was fantastic in Boardwalk Empire in the same role). Michael will be interesting this season, but I'm giving an early shout that Arthur may become a traitor to Tommy - when the latter tells Jonny Dogs he was the only man in the world he trusted, that felt pointed. Can't wait to see what happens!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

It is a great show but can't help but feel the latest series is a bit over produced as far as the filming and effects go, a bit too "flash " maybe ??
    The earlier series were rather less spectacular but a better watch.

Journeyman
    Totally agree, too much slowmo stuff. Too much focus on style over substance in the first two episodes...and what is with the weather? Always seems to be lightly sleeting/snowing unless it is supposed to be pollution to portray the grimy nature of Birmingham at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Caps on at nine folks seems to be warming nicely, if tonight’s trailer is anything to go by

Master
    Yep, coat on, just looking for me cap.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Caps on boys the Billy Boys are here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    It is a great show but can't help but feel the latest series is a bit over produced as far as the filming and effects go, a bit too "flash " maybe ??
    The earlier series were rather less spectacular but a better watch.
    Yes lots of oddball rock and roll themed musical entrances to the houses of parliament. Sounds like the entrance by the judges on x factor when Tommy, Arthur and Polly walk along together. Still very slick. Felt sorry for Abrahama Gold though

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Master
    How come Tom Shelby is using a dunhill butane cigarette lighter in the mid to late 30s (or it looks like that to me)

Or is my history all askew ?

B

Master
    Blog Entries
    Peaky as gone Dallas. Alfie Solomon as been bought back to life.

Well this series was engrossing but sadly fell a little short for me, I was waiting for that moment when it all came together nicely, it didn’t, too much tortured character focus, Tommy, Arthur etc

The intro of the billy boys was a highlight

Mosley very sinister, chilling times

But Churchill popping by? Nah

Good to see Tom Hardy reprised

But overall the finale was a bit of a let down

Master
    The early series were brilliant, but this last one has just become silly. I won’t be watching any more if they make any.

It was enjoyably far fetched, however too short a series leaves a lot to be answered with a long wait again.

Craftsman
    I think we will find out at Christmas and Boxing Day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    It was enjoyably far fetched, however too short a series leaves a lot to be answered with a long wait again.
    I read a review last night that said the final episode would have been fine as an episode 1 eg start of the series eg scene setter. Only issue is series 6 is 12 months away.

I agree series 1 with the Belfast Policeman and Luca Changretta in series 4 were much easier opponents to get your interest.

If Dan above is right, only a couple of months for some resolution! I agree that it felt more of an opener than a series finale.

Master
    This latest series has not grabbed me, I thought it was a bit boring.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They have always said the Peaky Blinders will end with the onset of WW2, so it may well be the next Series is the last or at the most the penultimate one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    They have always said the Peaky Blinders will end with the onset of WW2, so it may well be the next Series is the last or at the most the penultimate one
    End it now and put it out of it's misery!

Grand Master
    I'm not into these tv series etc.But I had loads say you have to watch "Game Of Thrones",I did and was hooked solidly for a week watching it from 9am til 4pm then pick the missus up from work!.
    Ive not yet watched any of the Peaky Blinders!,but I've been told it's fantastic.

So as I get more time off over winter I'll have to watch it.

Will I get equally hooked on Peaky.....I guess so.

Master
    I loved it, stylish and great escapism. If you like Peaky Blinders and have a trip to Brum planned I can highly recommend this - https://www.brumtours.com/tours/peak...ur-birmingham/
    (if you do go for it pick the tour with Carl Chinn)

Bit disappointed with this series, first it was far too short. It never really got going, it just looked to set up the next series rather than be a stand alone series like the previous ones.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like with the treachery of Michael, the failure to kill Mosely and Arthur's desire to retire along with Polly - season 6 sounds like it will shape up nicely . Plus Finn will obviously be held responsible for the any leaks as was proved with Mickey . Mosely died a rope old age in 1980 so unless they deviate from history , Mosely is not going anywhere. They've managed to dangle the carrot again in what seemed like a very quick and short lived season.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I'm not into these tv series etc.But I had loads say you have to watch "Game Of Thrones",I did and was hooked solidly for a week watching it from 9am til 4pm then pick the missus up from work!.
    Ive not yet watched any of the Peaky Blinders!,but I've been told it's fantastic.

So as I get more time off over winter I'll have to watch it.

Will I get equally hooked on Peaky.....I guess so.
    Similar to me. I hadn't watched any of the episodes, but I have just binged the whole lot one after the other since they became available on the BBC iPlayer again.

It is well worth watching, but does not binge watch well for the entire boxset over the course of 3 weeks, as it becomes quite repetitive and you notioce how far-fetched it is all becoming.

Still well worth a watch though, just take it easy with the binging.

I really did not like GoT though, but my wife was addicted to it.

I wish they hadn't bothered with this series, seems to only be a link to get them to the next one,

we've had bigger jumps before and coped (especially with them not ageing a day! since series 1)

I was half expecting to be shown it was all a dream for most of this series - missed opportunity

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s back moody and violent as before, Tommy is out for revenge on the Irish. All in all looking good, going to miss Polly. Anyone else enjoy last night.
    Last edited by hilly10; 28th February 2022 at 07:38.

Master
    Watched it and read Cillian Murphy’s interview in this months GQ. He talks about the shock of filming with Helen McRoy in Feb 2020, for it to be stopped only to restart in early 2021 to the sad news of her prognosis. He said the loss of Helen contributed to the darkest “ ever” Peaky Blinders.

Looks to be a promising start with a very precise dovetail back into the closing scene of the last series.

Yes, enjoyed very much. It took about 15 minutes to 'get into it' after such a long lay off, but once I did the wait was definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Watched it and read Cillian Murphy’s interview in this months GQ. He talks about the shock of filming with Helen McRoy in Feb 2020, for it to be stopped only to restart in early 2021 to the sad news of her prognosis. He said the loss of Helen contributed to the darkest “ ever” Peaky Blinders.

Looks to be a promising start with a very precise dovetail back into the closing scene of the last series.
    She was a great actor and we always enjoyed her performances. Glad they didn't try and replace her with some other performer or claim she 'went to live in Spain' like some other series/soaps have done. We felt it a very appropriate and even emotional way for fans to share the finale to her acting career, cut short all too soon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As she came more and more in to the previous episodes I warmed to her character, she will be sadly missed.